Quest!

Enigma, after walking for some time through ACDC Net, found his way onto the Yoka Net. Let's see what we can find, eh?

Hopefully not more Kabutanks and Fishys...

BATTLE ONE: START!
Enigma sees some spikes poke out of the water ahead.

SenbonA: 80 HP (sea)
SenbonB: 80 HP (sea)
SenbonC: 80 HP (sea)

Terrain: 25% Normal, 75% Sea

Enigma.exe: 100 HP

-READY?-
-BATTLE 1-
-ENGAGE!-
Enigma groaned as he saw the terrain he was supposed to fight on--
Water. Great. I hate water, he grumbled, a frown forming slowly on his face.

You can float right over it, smart one, Ceres groaned.

Yeah, well, I also can't hit things that are under the water, Enigma snapped. At least it's not Fishys...

True, true. Are we going to start off with the usual Shotgun?

That sounds about right, Enigma responded with a nod.

Right... one Shotgun, coming right up. After that, I think we'll try the Vulcan, Airshot, Cannon... whatever we need to finish these things off, said Ceres, obviously brainstorming whilst he slotted in the Shotgun.

Yeah, whatever, Enigma muttered, watching as the Shotgun formed considerably less quickly than the Cannons and RageClaw did. I'm still wondering why that happens-- the Cannon and RageClaw are sent in working condition instantaneously, but the other chips need some time to assemble themselves, Enigma pondered.

I don't know-- maybe those take up less space memory-wise?

I'm sure it's something like that, agreed the navi, hefting the Shotgun readily. Now, this gun, this has easier sights to use... he thought happily as he looked through the sights of the Shotgun; they seemed to have an electronic targeting system now that his systems were back online. Small red blinking squares flashed where the Senbons were, small crosshairs and distance meters forming like they usually did. Enigma then let his aura form again; the constantly fluctuating lavender-to-dark-violet outline that seemed to pulsate and emanate pure energy. Now that he didn't have huge holes in his sides, the outline was less eminent, but it still filled in a few blanks where the data was changing. Then, to complete his 'readiness', he eliminated his legs so that he could 'blob' along above the water. He still looked nervously down at the water beneath him as he moved over it a bit from the safety of land, as if he was suddenly going to fall into the water and drown. Aiming the Shotgun carefully between the leftmost and center(most?) spikes, Enigma aimed downward into the water a bit to hit the Senbons' bodies as opposed to just grazing the top of their heads. Holding his breath again, unnecessary as it was, Enigma let the shot pulse out of his Shotgun, tinted a heavy purple, although he knew it'd fade away after it hit the first Senbon, assuming the attack was successful.

He then, er, blobbed away from the Senbons, not wanting to get hit by the nasty-looking needles.

I've got a Vulcan ready for next time... Ceres offered.

Be ready with it...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
: 100
0: Untapped Power Activate!
1: Shotgun > SenbonA [50 DMG + 10 Untapped Power], Spread > SenbonB [50 DMG]
2-3: LOL BLOBBIN' [Dodges]
The shots both hit, but the angered enemies counter by inflating and shooting a five-tiered stream of needles at the poor blobular navi! Luckily, blobbin' around saves him from a non blobby fate, which wouldn't have been blob-friendly. Good thing you stayed on land, eh? Because honestly, blobs, like anything else, don't move quite as fast in water. Better stay on land, then. But how to take them out...?

SenbonA: 20 HP <Sea> <Angry>
SenbonB: 30 HP <Sea> <Angry>
SenbonC: 80 HP <Sea>

Enigma.exe: 100 HP <Sea>
That worked out nicely; here's your Vulcan, Ceres complimented, slotting in the Vulcan2 as he did so.

I'll get right to it, Enigma replied. The quad-barreled (QUAD LASER!) gatling gun formed on his arm from nothing like it always did, with a nice purple/blue paint and decal job to top everything off. As he received the Vulcan, Enigma blobbed back to safe ground, blobbing himself legs when he'd reached the shoreline. He then proceeded to raise his blobbed Vulcan up to the height where he could see through the small nub on top of the barrels that was the gun's sights. I really pay way too much attention to what kind of sights these things have, he thought to himself, and decided to let his computer handle the targeting. He fired off his five shots once the computer had satisfied itself with its little blinking targeting boxes, and was surprised to see the shots split in mid-air. As each one left the barrel, it forced itself apart into two asexual-reproduction style. All in all, ten shots raced towards the two Senbons that he'd harmed with the Shotgun, the purple energy bursts now looking particularly lethal considering that they'd doubled themselves. He then proceeded to kick himself, considering that he'd forgotten to use his aura's powers. That wasn't very smart...

Such unexpected things keep happening, laughed Ceres, wondering how all these slightly different things were managing to happen. The Cannon staying, the different sights...

Yeah... Enigma murmured in agreement, then made a split-second decision to dive to what little ground there was left after the sea had 'taken over' everything on the battlefield. As he hit the ground, he did a sort of roll or somersault, and then got back up and started running, watching the group of Senbons warily for incoming needle-missiles.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Vulcan2 > SenbonB [5 shots x 10 DMG], Spread > SenbonA [5 shots x 10 DMG]
2-3: DO A BARREL ROLL/SOMERSAULT THING [Dodges]
The Vulcan connects, making the viruses very angry! They're deleted before they can fire, however, leaving a single enemy left. Who fires a needle. Which is dodged. By a barrel roll.

SenbonA: DELETED
SenbonB: DELETED
SenbonC: 80 HP <Sea>

Alright. Give me two cannons again, Enigma ordered, sighing with relief that that last needle had missed him-- it'd actually just missed his back. He felt the outwards surge of air as it passed by, in fact.

Yes, master, Ceres said sarcastically, slotting in both Cannons simultaneously. Enigma received the Cannon with as much relish as he usually did (none at all) and smiled slightly as he noticed, yet again, that this was the scoped Cannon. Perfect, he commented, squinting through the scope from his little safe-haven on land. This time, however, he reinstated the aura, letting the colors flow along his body, although they still had no blackened hole to fill. He saw the Cannon begin to pulse with power, more power than it usually had; and once he'd aimed very carefully, Enigma fired, his arm jerking upwards as the shot exited the barrel of the Cannon, speeding along with its purplish glow towards the remaining Senbon. However, this time, as fickle as it seemed to be, the Cannon had stayed, leaving him with the scope that he so loved. So, with no further ado, he kept his arm in the exact same place as before and fired, although this time the blast was more of a light blue color than a purple, seeing as his aura had faded slightly. If that didn't work, I think we still have a good lot of chips left, Enigma suggested, and then put in another dodge-roll to the side for good measure, hopefully evading whatever needles were sent his way.

I'll get it ready, but for next battle, I think we're still doing the good 'ol Shotgun-Vulcan combo...

Sounds about right, Enigma agreed, and then watched the Senbon, hoping that there would be no Senbon left to watch after his Cannon attacks.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Cannon > SenbonC [40 DMG + 10 Untapped Power]
2: Cannon > SenbonC [40 DMG]
3: STOP DROP N' ROLL! [Dodge]
Bah. Swift death.

SenbonA: DELETED
SenbonB: DELETED
SenbonC: DELETED

-Victory!-
Prize: 350z
Next! Enigma grinned, and transferred the zenny directly to the PET.

Let's see what Yoka has in store for us, eh?

= Battle 2, please. =
Enigma drifts across the netscape, now entirely encased in water. He spots some viruses up ahead.

ElebeeA: 90 HP
ElebeeB: 90 HP
HandyA: 80 HP
HandyB: 80 HP
Heavy: 75 HP

Terrain: 100% Sea

-BATTLE 2, GO!-
= If there are glaring spelling errors, it's because my Mozilla broke. That 'downloads complete' window is stuck. -__-

Oh, and FYI, when I use 'spooled', I mean like a minigun spinning. Ever played CoD4? =

Urgh! Too much water, Enigma groaned, watching unhappily as the water finally completed itself beneath his slightly blobbish blobbing form. And, even MORE fun-- Handys!

I think we should try for the Shotgun/Vulcan combo all at once, Ceres suggested, and held up the duo of chips... suggestively.

Sure, whatever... Enigma agreed, and Ceres slotted in both chips simultaneously with no remark whatsoever. The Shotgun slowly formulated itself inside of the outline that Enigma's aura had conveniently formed for it, and, as usual, the sights were only a tick mark, like the Vulcan's. Peering down the barrel cautiously, Enigma blobbed himself so that he was as close as directly in-between the Handy pair as he could be. The Shotgun pulsed slightly and (purply?) as Enigma pulled the trigger, and the (purply?) shot was ousted from the barrel, splitting into two individual shots almost immediately. The leftmost shot, however, was a deeper purple than the other, and had small sparks erupting everywhere all over the surface of the burst. Not even waiting to see if he'd hit, Enigma dismissed the Shotgun and received the Vulcan almost immediately, fading aura changing shape to fit the new weapon just as quickly.

Looking down along the barrels just like he had the Shotgun, Enigma grunted slightly with the greater weight of the gatling gun. Pulling down upon the internal trigger, he was able to feel (rather roughly) each of the five shots leave the gun as it spooled like crazy. Each of the shots split into two exactly as the Shotgun had, although none of these shots seemed to have the tint nor the power burst of Enigma's odd aura. More of the shots seemed to aim themselves at the Handy on the right (who hadn't received the shot with a power burst), although each shot still traveled at the exact same speed, one behind the other in line formation. As the Vulcan dissipated, Enigma quickly blobbed backwards, not wanting to be damaged just yet by the Elebees or Heavys; at least he could count on the Handys not hurting him yet. Nevertheless, he was still above the ocean, which still didn't suit him.

You may want to try using an Airshot and a hard hit on an Elebee, and we'll do the Cannon combo for the other Elebee-- Ceres started, before he was cut off by Enigma.

I agree, but Handys are the priority. Let's see what happens first, eh?

Sure, sure...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Shotgun > HandyA [50 + 10 DMG], Spread > HandyB [50 DMG]
2: Vulcan2 > HandyB [50 DMG], Spread > HandyA [50 DMG]
3: Blob Dodge! [Dodge]
= 26.5-hour bump. =
((Damage for Vulcan2 is wrong. Its 10x5, not 50. 50 indicates it either hits or misses, all or nothing, while 10x5 says that some might hit but a few shots might miss.))

The shotgun rips into the first virus and the second gun begins chewing into another. The hand manages to escape the last two bullets, but its partner gets caught in the attack as well and is deleted. One of the bees rush forward to attack, but it misses. Then the remaining hand lays down a bomb, which begins to tick.

HandyA: DELETED!
HandyB: 50 HP

Bomb: ?? (two turns left)

Terrain: 100% Sea

= Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry. =

Damn! Enigma swore, and watched angrily as the Handy unraveled his plans as swiftly as he'd made them. Cannons, and quickly, he snapped at Ceres, frowning in irritation. I'm not in the mood for that bomb to blow, not now.

Let's do two, and then you can attack the other Handy with the second, Ceres suggested in reply, or, rather, did, slotting in the chip duo without waiting for any semblance of a reply.

Fine, but those Elebees are getting too close for comfort, grumbled Enigma, looking uneasily at the pair of hovering, threatening insectlike virii. The Cannons formed quickly as usual, or, one Cannon formed, taking the place of two again, although Enigma didn't know it yet. Without a second thought, the shifting navi blobbed to a better position (farther away) from the Countbomb and fired off a shot not from the hip, but without using sights; hopefully, it'd explode prematurely, considering he didn't know how much life it actually had. The Cannon should probably suffice, or so Enigma thought. He then raised the unchanged Cannon, life lengthened by the second chip, and aimed carefully at the second Handy. Forgot something, he muttered, and then caused his aura to form again, pulsing and shifting between different shades of purple like it usually did.

He let the Cannon pulse with purplish energy before looking back down the barrel, and when he did, he was ready. The usual flashing-red boxes targeting each of the virus appeared, the palm for the Handy, center bar for the Heavy, and on the head for each of the Elebee. Selecting the Handy, the other boxes faded out and the box on the Handy's palm began to blink and flicker more rapidly than before, to the point where it could easily cause an epileptic seizure. When he deemed he was ready, Enigma fired, and watched as the power-boosted Cannon shot race towards the Handy, hopefully destroying it and any chance of more nasty Countbombs.

I think we should try out the Dash Attack next, Ceres suggested, again ever-so-helpfully.

Like I said, why don't we wait and see what happens? Enigma replied, again snappishly.

Fine, fine, I'm just trying to help... Ceres grumbled, and Enigma deigned not to reply, but blobbed farther away from the virus group and still found himself surrounded on all sides by water. Unhappy about this, he still did his best to watch out for any incoming attacks, from left, right, above, below, or wherever.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
0: Activate Untapped Power
1: Cannon > Countbomb [40 DMG]
2: Cannon > HandyB [40 DMG + 10 Untapped Power]
3: Retreat [Dodge]
= Bump for more frequent modding! =
((No biggie, it was more for future reference, not for scolding.))

Enigma uses dual cannons, firing them to take out the bomb and its user, one right after the other. The heavy lurches forward and lands with an earth shattering crash. Luckily Enigma manages to jump backwards out of the strikes way, but the ground in front of him is cracked, the sea water draining down into the unknown.

HandyB: DELETED!

Bomb: destroyed

Terrain: 95% Sea 5% Cracked

Enigma smiled almost evilly as the Handy was deleted along with its bomb. Good riddance.

Yeah, you'll just hit that thing and I'll give you an Airshot, right? Ceres inquired, referring to the leftmost Elebee.

Fine, fine... Enigma agreed quietly, and let his aura fade out a bit, negating its effects for the moment. He then began to think, wondering again how he could attack the Elebee in interesting ways, although this time, he would probably have to use ranged ones to avoid traversing the cracked tiles. Making up his mind, Enigma closed his eyes, focusing intently for his body to make the changes he'd requested of it. His data began to decompose, steadily disassembling itself until it was no more than a group of floating data particles, waiting to be formed into another object. Some of the particles then began to form a gradually curving, flexible piece, while others made a small twine-like thread and others still formed themselves into a long, almost cylindrical object. As they formed, they also steadily grew closer together, eventually forming... a recurve bow? Well, more like a recurve longbow. It was easily the height of what Enigma had (floated?) at before, if not higher, and the ends of the "wood" curved just like a recurve bow, anyways. A long, almost ballista-style arrow loaded itself onto the bow, which was now at a slight right slant, almost as if some invisible person was holding the string with his right hand and the handle with his left. The string pulled itself back as the arrow 'nocked' itself with a small click, and the bow was aiming straight for the aforementioned Elebee. Without much warning at all, the bow twanged, sending the data-composed arrow shooting right at the Elebee. As the string shook back and forth from the shot, it decomposed itself again, slowly forming back into Enigma. Airshot, please, Enigma requested meekly, although internally he was cracking up.

How medieval of you, grinned Ceres, and slotted in the Airshot2 obediently.

I needed a change from all these guns, Enigma replied, smiling as the tubelike Airshot formed itself on his also newly-formed arm. The data particles shifted themselves just in time to be looked through (the sights, that is) and were fired with nearly no warning at all. The forceful shot sped on the same path as the arrow towards the Elebee, and Enigma again didn't wait to watch it as he nervously backed away from the Heavy and remaining Elebee-- I think we can still do one or two more battles after this, he commented.

Sounds about right...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Arrow! > ElebeeA [60 DMG, 2TCD]
2: Airshot2 > ElebeeA [30 DMG, strong knockback (not like it matters)]
3: Oh teh noes, Heavy n stuf. [Dodge]
The bee got hit by the arrow, which was followed up by a small blast of wind that finished it. Its fellow insect rushed forward to attack, but missed. The force of its wings, however, caused a small section of the flooring to break.

ElebeeA: DELETED!

Bomb: destroyed

Terrain: 95% Sea 3% Cracked 2% Broken

Right... that worked out nicely, Enigma commented, and looked to Ceres rather hopefully. Bighammer, please.

Right, Ceres said, and slotted in his easily most powerful chip with no second thoughts. Enigma deigned not to thank him, but just hoisted the Enigma-times-three-height mallet up in the air in salute. With data still whizzing around him, hastily trying to finish up the Bighammer, Enigma did his best to tread around the holes and cracks in the sea floor... er, well, he blobbed around them, at least. Once he'd blobbed his way into striking range of the Heavy, he took a blobbing blob and lunged at it, hammer extended into the air. The hammer was actually reaching beneath his jumping body (again), and he fired it down upon the Heavy like a coiled spring. He landed behind where the Heavy was before he'd struck, and looked around cautiously, with a mind to evade any nasty surprises the Elebee may have in store for him. Suddenly, he decided he was just about done with this battle. Hey, Ceres-- give me that Dash Attack, he commanded, wheeling 'round to face the Elebee.

Alright, let's see what it does, Ceres agreed, and slotted in the chip rather hesitantly.

OK, here go-- Enigma started, but was abruptly cut off as a Fishy decided to attach itself to Enigma's arm. I HATE FIS-- he started again, but was cut off again, this time by a nasty jerk. The Fishy pulled him along, speeding towards the Elebee quite quickly. AAARRGGGGHH! Enigma yelled, going into tunnel vision as he sped towards the Elebee, dragged along by the Fishy unwillingly. Before he could protest further, he was unceremoniously dumped on the ground, well away from the Elebee. That chip is now a last-resort chip, he gasped, having just barely caught his breath from a good chest-height fall.

Ceres didn't reply; he just laughed and laughed. When he'd stopped, he had a huge silly grin plastered all over his face and tears running down his face. I wonder what happens if I put it in without you wanting me to?

Don't you dare, Enigma snapped, obviously not seeing the humor in the statement. Use something else, just not that.

Deal.

Good, Enigma replied, and got up with a groan and some odd snapping noises, which seemed oddly out-of-place for a navi that doesn't really have any structure at all. Looking back upon the two remaining viruses, he watched carefully, hoping that nothing would come speeding back at him in retaliation.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Bighammer1 > Heavy [160 DMG, Break]
2: Dash Attack > ElebeeB [90 DMG]
3: Carried away! [Dodge]
VICTORY.

ElebeeA: DELETED!
ElebeeB: DELETED