~ADVENTURE~

Not knowing what the woman was up to, but regardless was interested, Shisho gullibly followed the written instructions, the paper held in between his secure fingers. Heading to the right from where he first went into the city, he did promise the 'dimensional capsule' stallkeep that he will try to convince the guards.

He stopped right in front of the building, not sure how to make a formal inquiry. So he just stood/floated at the entrance, looking in a dilemma on how to word things. Words are very important to a scribe! Um, how do you even approach these people in highly intimidating armor again?

Rini managed to contain her excitement by sucking on her thumb-- a bad habit of hers-- and just to watch the story unfold. Oh boy, Shisho as the hero! This is going to be so fun! she mused while she giggled.
At the entrance to the building are several signs to the left of the small door.

Quote ()

Guardhouse: 1F
Hospital: 2F
Barracks: 3F
Guard Captain's office: 4F

There are a number of other places that don't stick out on the sign, but it tells Shisho that this building is used for far more than just the guards.
Though it was already mentioned on the sign that the Guard captain's office is on the fourth floor, and that's exactly the person Shisho was looking for, the Navi assumed that there were still standard protocols of inquiry to go through first. Thus he opened the door, heading to the guardhouse to inquire if the captain is in to arrange a meeting.
In Ivory Kingdom, Guardhouse comes to you!

Or rather, the guardhouse apparently acts as a sort of intermediary between the rest of the building and the plaza, so anyone going upstairs has to come through it anyway.

So, on his way through, he stops at the guardpost and inquires with the guard there; the 'guardpost' is actually a small desk station set into the wall, kind of like a nurse's station at a hospital, with a couple of guards lounging about in it. The one nearest the desk itself responds to Shisho's inquiry.

"He's in a meeting right now." The guard says, shrugging.
"Ah," Shisho said disappointedly, bowing his head slightly before leaving. Well, that was surprisingly realistic for a fable. Not everything could be smooth-sailed, he supposed. Shrugging, he supposed he could just tell the stallkeep that the captain wasn't around, so Shisho couldn't help him out. He made his way towards the exit...

Shisho paused briefly, turning around to watch the expressions of the guards, wondering if he was raising any warning flags from his seemingly innocent question.
NOPE. The guards go back to having a lazy, bored-seeming conversation.

Shisho, apparently, is not suspicious in the least.
Despite him being floaty and everything? Totally cool.

Shisho floated out, ready to inform the stallkeep of the bad news. He actually wasn't sure what he needed to do after this, other than the suspicious little note's instructions that was left by that pretty lady-- well he could get to that after his little messenger run. Or he could read the purchased book. Whichever works; he'll see.

When nearing where the bazaar and stall were located, Shisho idly wondered if the commotion had already been cleared up, or if the HeelNavi was still occupying the street with the rest of the crowd.
The Heelnavi is, in fact, up, and seems to be chatting with the shopkeep. Noticing Shisho's return, the shopkeep waves at the lad, beckoning him over. The Heelnavi turns to face him in reply.

"Oh, hey. I hear you're to thank for me showing up here." The Heelnavi says, only a slight hint of irritation in his voice. Shisho notes, looking him over, that he seems to have armor that is off-black, rather than purple. An Elite Heelnavi, or something?
Seeing that the Heelnavi is up, Shisho immediately felt uncomfortable-- after all, he was the reason behind the man's unfortunate fall, right? "H-hello," Shisho started meekly, giving a small wave to the Heelnavi. And he did note the off-color that made him a not-normal Heelnavi; and hopefully he doesn't decide to punch the poor archivist in the face or something.
"Yeah, hi. Are you the schmuck that hit me with giant laser, or not?" The Heelnavi asks again, outright this time.
Shisho hiccuped almost immediately at the question, twiddling his thumbs as he did. "Umm, it sort of uh, happened, so it's technically not me," Shisho explained, trying to refrain from sounding too fidgety. He looked to the stallkeep for help in the matter. Actually, how the heck did the Heelnavi nail on him, anyway? No thanks to the stallkeep he bet.
The heelnavi looks over toward the stallkeep as well, and it is only then that Shisho notes a large dent on the back of his helmet. He vividly recalls the Eclipse orb that hit the Heelnavi before, and instinctively finds himself wincing.

"A-hey, don't look at me!" The stallkeep says, raising a hand and instinctively taking a step back.

"...Well anyway." The Heelnavi starts, shrugging. "The name's PortaJohn. PortaJohn.EXE."

There is a pause.

"Don't gimme that look!" He yells. "I know what you're thinkin', and it ain't like that! So don't gimme that look! I didn't get this name 'cause I'm a goddamn toilet!"

The Heelnavi crosses his arms. "I've got this glitch, see. Had it for years. Makes me teleport at random. Always ports me into the worst goddamn places imaginable, too. Ugh, I still remember the time I teleported in front of Drauchen's lunch..." the Heelnavi- er, PortaJohn, shakes his head.

"How'd you get that? And what's a 'Glitch', anyway?" The stallkeeper asks, ducked behind the stall after PortaJohn's yell.

"No idea, and a Glitch is uh... It's uh..." He searches for the words. "It's kinda like a curse."
No aggressive action. Shisho sighed visibly in relief, but then had to put his hands over his mouth to prevent himself from laughing at the Heelnavi's name. Looks like he wasn't the only Navigator within this odd network. So technically speaking, the Book of Fables was something like a teleporter to route connections to a secluded network? ... Perhaps.

"Well sir John, this is quite fortunately a better place to wind up in than Drauchen's den," Shisho noted, giving a sincere smile. "I'm Shisho," the Navigator introduced himself, omitting his extension to sound normal in the current setting they were in. Realising that the Heelnavi may not be able to adapt as fast, Shisho helped him do a bit of cover-up. "'Glitch' is a slang from where we are from. It means something like a curse, yes," he added, explaining to the stallkeep.
"Slang? What do you mean, slan-" But before PortaJohn can even finish his sentence, he is gone, disappeared in a wink of light.

...Makes you wonder where he's gone off to now.

"Well, that was odd." The shopkeeper stands, blinking. "So how'd the meeting with the Guard Captain go?"
That was a ridiculously fast glitch happening.

Shisho shrugged in disappointment. "He was in a meeting when I inquired," he said simply. "I guess the guard captain's a pretty busy person..." he added some more.
"A meeting? Th'bastard is never in meetings!" The stallkeeper fumes. "That's just what they tell anyone who asks. I busted in there once when he was "In a meetin'", and I tell you what, all I saw was his eyes meeting the text of some stupid novel." He crosses his arms. "Then they dragged me out."
Shisho shrugged. "Well, it's not like I have the power to do anything... Perhaps if you made a complaint to the captain's superiors? I'm sure a resident has the right to do that," he suggested, trying to be helpful.
"His superiors'd be the King and the Prince, and not just anyone can get in to see th'King." He grumbles. "So yeah, I'm hung then." The Stallkeeper sighs, hanging a small 'closed' sign on his stall and walking off.

"I'll be back later if you manage to work some miracle or another. Until then, I'm going to be trying to figure out where they hid the bar..."
"Don't drink too much," Shisho said as a last piece of advice, then put the idea to a thought. So if I can convince the King that the Captain is being lazy and not doing his job to serve the people, it will be of great benefit to the citizens, Shisho mused, but then sighed. So who are you to be given an audience? A nobody! Common Sense Logic said to him in his head.

Shrugging, he thought that perhaps he should go and see the lady outside now. Didn't look like he had any other matters on hand, anyway. At that, the Navigator floated towards the castle city entrance, heading into the beaten path as per the paper's instructions.
Shisho follows the road away from the city for a while, then remembers that the note said 'OFF' the beaten path when the mysterious lady doesn't show up again.

He's far enough out now, at least, that he should be able to just wander and have her find him.