Gala's Mansion

"A killer?" Nitro said, in a hushed tone. "That sounds pretty serious..."

"Well, whoever this is," Tina said, "I believe that they must have another motive for coming here. We were actually following this person upstairs, and we were led right into Gala's bedroom. The room had been ransacked, and we believe something may have been stolen."

"Yeah, and on top of that," Nitro continued, "we actually found Gala trapped in a miniature jack-out barrier on her bed! I'm sure she's still up there, even after the explosion."

"Perhaps it's not too late for you to gain Gala's favor," Tina suggested. "If we apprehend this killer and find out what they stole and why, I'm sure she'll be more than grateful."

"Yeah, and I don't think it'd be a good idea to just leave some nutjob running around here, even considering the average sanity of the people here. There's some big mafia players here, I'm sure, and I'm positive it'd lead back to you if this lunatic hurt one of them. Come on, let's go catch this person!"

There was something more to Nitro and TNT's desire to stay. If Jailbird was the guilty party in this situation, they wouldn't want her to escape with whatever was stolen, let alone be seen leaving with her as potential accomplices. It'd be better to keep her here for as long as possible, at least until they figured out who the culprit really was.
((bonk))
"You guys want to play detective? Sounds like a lot of work..." Jailbird sighed, sitting down in the corner with her legs cradled. As she sat in silence for a moment, a thought seemed to dawn on her. "Hey, nobody's going to trace it back to me; nobody gives two craps what I do. But uh... wait, you think people are going to say I stole that stuff?"

She didn't seem willing to get off of her admittedly nice ass to do extra credit work, but now that it sounded like her neck was on the line, she seemed motivated. "Hey, I know it's hard to believe about your good buddy Jailbird, but I do have a history of kleptomaniacism," she admitted, making up a new word on the spot. "That is, I like to steal things. But I've never even met Gala before, I just thought she was sort of loony and influential enough to be worth catering to..."

Regardless of Jailbird's intentions, she hadn't managed to clear suspicion from herself just by admitting her past history of thievery. Nothing in her testimony really proved that she hadn't gone up to steal from Gala and then set off some sort of explosive. "Anyways, you guys have a point. We ought to set this straight or I guess I could get demoted to inmate again. I've been doing warden for nearly a year now, I really don't wanna go back to the prison life," she groaned, although it was hard to tell what she was going on about.

It didn't seem like she had much regard for the safety of the other Teksqp either. Sensing that this footnote might be weighing on their minds, Jailbird gave a reassuring smile. "Hey, don't worry too much about that jackout barrier. Every navi at this party is crazy tough, emphasis on the crazy. They're not in a whole lot of danger," she explained to her cohort, slapping one hand onto Nitro's shoulder.

Just then, a navi peeked out from behind a nearby bookshelf; their face was entirely coated in white paint, except for two black, four-pointed stars where their eyes should have been and similarly colored paint on their lips and nose. The mime-like character darted back in as soon as she'd been seen.

"There she is! Careful handling her, she's tricky. You guys chase after her, I'm going to cut off her escape route!" Jailbird warned Nitro, running off into the next room.

... Escape route? The navi had just gone behind the length of a bookcase! She should be trapped unless there was some sort of unknown hole in the wall or hidden passageway.

... Sure enough, as the two stepped slightly to the left of the bookcase, it seemed that the mime had entirely disappeared. There was, however, some sort of mirror left standing there. Was this just an elaborate trick to throw them off? They might need to go after Jailbird or risk her getting away with the stolen goods. On the other hand, they'd look pretty foolish if they lost the lead on the mime and went after her instead. But where could the culprit have gone?
Nitro was a little thrown off when the mime appeared. That was the crazed killer Jailbird had talked about? He shook the thought from his mind, though, when he remembered that Navis came in all shapes in sizes, and that they didn't necessarily have to look intimidating to be a major threat."Alright, I'll follow after her, you go cut it off!" Nitro shouted back to Jailbird.

He armed himself, though instead of his usual buster appearing on his hand, a sort of weapon somewhat resembling a shotgun with a slightly wider barrel appeared in his hands. Probably a feature of the GMO, Nitro noted, so as not to damage the suit with a wide buster suddenly materialising in the sleeve. Clutching the weapon, Nitro headed for the bookcase, Tina moving to follow him. Nitro put his hand out to stop her.

"I need you to go follow Jailbird," Nitro said as Tina stopped. "I'm still not 100% convinced that she's not behind all this, and I don't want her slipping away on us."

"Understandable," Tina replied. "It may be her typical attitude, but she didn't seem to care about stopping this person until she realized that she could fall under suspision from the others in the Mafia. I'll relay any information to you via Chris- assuming he's still awake." Tina added, as she realized their operator had been oddly quiet this whole time.

"HEY! CHRIS! WAKE UP!" Nitro shouted out to his operator. Sure enough, Nitro would hear a slight clatter of someone scrambling for their PET, and Chris' somewhat drowzy voice.

"Huh? Wuzzgoin'on?" The operator slurred. The Navi and SP nodded to each other as they heard Chris's voice, and the went their seperate ways, Tina heading after Jailbird, deciding that she would say she was assisting her if Jailbird became curious, and Nitro peering behind the bookshelf, to see the mirror.

As he stared at his own reflection, he scratched his head, wondering how to get through it to follow after the mime. He pressed the barrel of his buster-shotgun to the mirror, to test whether or not it was solid. If so, he would move to the side of it and try to pull it apart from the wall. If not, he would step through and follow after the Navi.

SUMMARY:
NITRO: Follow mime navi
TNT: Follow Jailbird
Nitro found that the mirror was, indeed, impassable. It seemed to be a simple, solid frame. He also discovered, however, that it was slightly tilted; a loose pin on the wall along with some odd wood coloration seemed to indicate that it had once hung right next to the bookcase, but someone had displaced it recently.

Moving the mirror to one side, he discovered that the wall on the other side was... disappointingly vacant. On the other hand, however, he found that the mirror bumped something on its way. There didn't seem to be anything there, but it had definitely met with resistance when it briefly pressed against the wall. It was hard to pinpoint where...

After a bit more searching, Nitro found that some invisible appendage was sticking out of the wall! It was impossible to tell what it was, however, without some sort of context.

---------------------

"What? Nitro's sister? What are you doing here?" Jailbird gaped, flubbing the identification of Nitro's SP. "Well, I'm looking for her escape route, but it's not going so well. She was always an annoying bastard, moving around like that," she sighed, slowing her pace as she realized she wasn't going to catch the mime.

Unfortunately, Jailbird failed to really elaborate as to how the mime might be moving around. "I'll check around upstairs. You make your way across the kitchen and-" she started, then noticed the masked fellow from earlier, looking around the kitchen with tense, angry motions. "On second thought, you look for her upstairs, Tina. You'd better not let this guy see you," she reasoned, then swaggered onwards.

The mime was still nowhere in sight. Almost immediately after Jailbird had left Tina's sight, however, a panel hidden in the side of the wall lifted up. A TV monitor was hidden behind the panel; Nitro noticed a similar one appeal in the library. The face on the TV was Gala's, still holding the same smile it had earlier.

She tried to speak briefly, but no sound was coming out. Pouting, she looked offscreen and moved her lips. It seemed like it was going to go on like that for a while...

Regardless, it might be worth going back to the room where they'd left Gala earlier.
((Sorry about the incredibly late response. Moving and school starting and all that jazz really eats up your time, and I completely forgot about this.))

Nitro puzzled over his findings in the library. He brainstormed over what the handle could be, but he came up empty. Getting increasingly frustrated with his apparent lack of progress, he kicked the bookshelf before the viewscreen appeared in the library. He watched as Gala tried to talk, apparently being unsuccessful in said attempt.

Nitro merely shrugged and continued to examine the area where the mime had slipped away. Finding her (and determining Jailbird's innocence or guilt) was more important in Nitro's eyes, and he was wasting enough time with this already.

He eventually decided that this puzzle garbage wasn't his area of expertise, and began tapping the wall, listening for any difference in the wall that might reveal a hidden passageway of some sort. Should he find one, he would raise the weapon in his hands, and fire an explosive round at the wall, to simply try and blow his way through.

------

Tina watched as Jailbird ran off. She thought about sticking with her, as per Nitro's instructions, but saw the iron-masked navi wandering about, and decided that she would indeed search around upstairs, as Jailbird had suggested. Just as she made to leave, however, a panel slid open in the wall to reveal a T.V. screen, which displayed Gala's face as she attempted to speak. Tina decided that she would double back to Gala's room, figuring that Nitro and Jailbird had a handle on the mime situation. She quickly began searching for a staircase, and, after locating one, she would hurry up to the top floor and make her way back to Gala's bedroom.
No hidden passageway was made apparent through further searching, and beyond that, the wall seemed to be ordinary; he could hear the bustling of the kitchen on the other side. Blowing up the wall probably wouldn't cause much more than property damage.

Tina found it much harder to go up the stairs now than it had been before. Many Teksqp members had charged upstairs upon hearing the explosion; as such, it was now crowded and hard to squeeze through. Luckily, Tina wasn't as big as some of the guys, so she got up the stairs okay. Unfortunately, it seemed that the crowd was densest at the now-barred doors leading to Gala's bed chambers. A big navi with a burglar's suit and crowbar was attempting to pry the thing open, but to no avail.

A low humming began to come from each of the monitors. Gala's voice began to radiate out from each of them. "Is this thing on? Oh! Oh, good, it is. Evening, party people," the voice giggled as the host sleepily waved at the screen. "It might interest you all to know that I'm being held captive somewhere in the mansion. I'm no longer exactly the 'host' of this party. The identity of this host is to remain a mystery, I've been told, so you all will have to figure it out on your own," she explained.

Everyone had stopped to watch with the screen, keeping mostly silent (although it'd never be too quiet in a Teksqp gathering). "Again, I stress that I am not the host of this party, so if anything bizarre starts happening... well, it wasn't my idea," she laughed again, turning her head to the side with a playful grin.

What happened next, however, was anything but playful. Suddenly, large metal walls encased each staircase; a low grinding sound seemed to be coming from inside each of the containers. A loud POP came from inside the kitchen, although Nitro couldn't determine what had happened. The door at the end of TNT's upstairs hallway suddenly opened up, revealing something like a large, silver rolling pin device, which clattered up and down violently, smacking against the roof and floor in alternation. Nitro found that several books were beginning to eject themselves from bookcases.

As they looked for a way out, patrons on the upper floor realized that the bottom hallway didn't look much safer than the upper. The many statues that dotted the lower floor had come to life and were beginning to go to town on unfortunate Teksqp members with animated marble axes and blades.

Nitro might not have time to investigate the mysterious invisible appendage much longer. Besides being pelted by books (which seemed strangely non-lethal, compared to the other traps), he had to worry about Tina and Jailbird's safety. Ideally, there'd be some way to shut off all of the traps as well. From his current room, he could either investigate the study some more or move into the kitchen. He could also check out the entrance hall, but that sounded like a violent mess.

TNT would need to find a way to avoid being crushed by the tremendous rolling pin device. She could jump down to the lower floor, but she'd likely injure herself. Alternatively, she could try to help the many Teksqp navis now slamming Gala's bedroom door with various things to try to break it open. There was also another door at the end of the hall; it was much less conspicuous and only a few navis were bothering to try to get it open. It looked like some sort of closet.

A few navis were attacking the giant rolling pin, but it seemed pretty impervious.

3 TURNS TILL UNFORTUNATE OCCURANCES
5 TURNS TILL UTTER MAYHEM
7 TURNS TILL UNFATHOMABLE DISASTER
[NITRO - STUDY]

Nitro tapped his foot impatiently as the inspection of the wall yielded zero results. In hindsight, it really made sense that it wouldn't, seeing as how the kitchen was just on the other side. Still, the mime's seemingly unexplainable disappearance frustrated him almost to the point that he would blow a hole in the wall anyway, hidden passage or no.

Suddenly, he began to hear a voice speaking. Turning around, he realized that Gala's voice had become audible at last. What she had to say, though, seemed odd, or at least how she said it. She was speaking rather calmly for someone that was being held captive. As she said her piece, however, Nitro began hearing a number of things from all around the mansion. A loud thudding sound seemed to come from upstairs, the sound of heavy stone meeting armour and flesh came from the hallways, and the more immediate sound of books flying from the shelves and meeting the back of a demolitionist's head came from within the study itself.

"Okay, this is getting annoying," Nitro said. "I hope TNT isn't in too much trouble... There's gotta be some way to shut this stuff off..." Nitro decided he'd have another look (look being a figurative term) at the invisible appendage. Upon relocating it, Nitro tried tugging down on it, thinking that it might be a lever of some sort. With any luck, it would reveal how the mime had made her escape, or even shut off at least the traps in the room. If niether occured, though, he'd simply give up on it and head into the kitchen, to investigate the goings-on in there. The stairs seemed to be blocked off, but maybe there was more than one way to get back upstairs.

SUMMARY (NITRO):
-Investigate invisible appendage
-(If investigation yields no results) Move to kitchen

-----

[TNT - UPSTAIRS HALLWAY]

Tina watched as the giant steel roller came into view and began making it's way down the hallway. She'd have to think fast to avoid it, so she began weighing her options. She could escape via dropping down over the railing onto the main floor, though it seemed a large drop, and she didn't like her odds against the now animated statues assaulting the unfortunate navis down below. She could try and help the large group try and break down the doors leading to Gala's bedroom, though the traps would likely get more severe the closer proximity the rooms got to Gala's room.

She looked down the hall and noticed a few navis attempting to force their way into a different doorway down the hall. It seemed as though it was simply a closet, but it might be worthwile to duck into it and wait for the roller to pass. Then she could take the opportunity to determine her next course of action. Slipping through the crowd as best she could, she made her way over to the closet door, and materilased a shotgun-like weapon similar to the one Nitro had produced earlier. She began slamming the butt of it against the door, trying to break it down with the other navis before the roller was upon her.

SUMMARY (TNT):
-Attempt to break down closet door
Through rigorous inspection, Nitro finally managed to identify the invisible appendage as some sort of doorknob. Turning it clockwise and then pulling it backwards allowed him to open an unseen door. Amazingly, the room on the other side was not the kitchen, but rather, Gala's own room. It was largely broken now, but the bed was still sitting there. Amazingly, he found that he was standing upon nothing at all, but his instinct, of course, quickly led him onto some more solid looking floor.

Sitting in the bed was Gala, gracefully reposed as she watched several monitors, speaking in to each occasionally with a whimsical voice. She didn't seem to realize that Nitro had entered the room... but someone else did. A creepy figure in black pants and a black/white striped shirt soon dropped from the ceiling like a ninja, landing in front of Nitro with a blank, vacant expression on her painted face. She stared at him with eerie, unblinking eyes.

Following him through the door came Jailbird, fortunately. He might have been in trouble alone with the killer mime. "Wow, when did this room get so full? I don't recall inviting all of you in here," Gala yawned, turning on her side to watch Nitro and Jailbird.

"Good job, Nitro. Now we've got her, two on one!" Jailbird congratulated her ally, cracking her knuckles. "All we have to do is figure out how she's controlling all of these traps now... Assuming that Gala's not doing it herself," the convict navi coughed.

"Hey, don't look at me. I made the traps, but I didn't turn them on," their host defended, pouting and looking back at her monitors. With that brief distraction, the mime tackled Jailbird, moving for her at lightning speed. Before Nitro could even turn around, he could hear the sounds of fists pummeling each bodies.

When he turned around, however, he found a worse problem. The mime was crafty: whichever one was Jailbird, it was impossible to find her now. Both navis had nearly the exact same body and the mime had covered Jailbird's face with make-up; now they looked pretty much exactly the same. "Wait, what crap did you just put on my face?!" both of them spoke at once, making the exact same face. It seemed like only one of them was talking, but they moved so in unison that it was impossible to tell which it was. "Nitro, get her!" both demanded.

That wasn't such an easy task. Jailbird (both Jailbirds) suddenly seemed to realize what was going on. "Wait, I've got it! Nitro, I have a tattoo on my lower back. Check it! I'm the real Jailbird, only I have the tattoo!" they suggested; both of them turned around simultaneously. Of course, it didn't take a genius to figure out that the mime would probably retaliate once he came upon the verge of discovery. He'd have to find some way to not be immediately taken out by the mime upon getting close.

----------------------------------

Tina found that the door began to crack with the applied pressure. A little more and it'd probably give. Just down the hallway, she noticed that the giant roller was nearly to Gala's door. The guys working on that one would be crushed in just a moment if they didn't move... but then again, there might not be enough room for all of them in the closet.

2 TURNS TILL UNFORTUNATE OCCURANCES
4 TURNS TILL UTTER MAYHEM
6 TURNS TILL UNFATHOMABLE DISASTER
[NITRO - GALA'S BEDROOM]

Nitro looked between the two "Jailbirds". As Jailbird made the suggestion on how to distinguish between them, he felt uneasy. Who's to say that the mime wouldn't set upon him or Jailbird once she had been rooted out? Nitro stood back from the two as Jailbird prepared to reveal the tattoo.

"Just a sec, Jailbird," he said. "Just gotta ready myself." He opened up communications with Chris. "Hey, Chris, I need a few chips here."

"Alright," Chris replied. "I'm gonna send you a Guard, and I'll keep the rope at the ready, in case the mime moves to attack you. You may want to get a move on with shutting off the traps, though, Tina's in a pretty bad situation."

"Just tell her to hang in there, and to worry about her own safety first," Nitro said as the shield materialised on his arm. "It shouldn't take me too long to sort things out in here." Nitro stepped forward, returning his attention to the two white-faced girls, shield raised defensively, with his own weapon held at the ready. "Alright, Jailbird, show me the tattoo." Upon revealing it, Nitro would look between the two girls and determine which was the real Jailbird, and which one was the fraud. Chris would then upload the Rope, and Nitro would quickly jump to the left to avoid any potential attacks, before firing the shotgun at the mime, releasing a length of rope which should, assuming things went his way, restrain the mime effectively enough for him and Jailbird to take a quick look for a way to shut off the traps.

SUMMARY (NITRO):
1: Guard1 defending Nitro
2: Dodge left
3: Rope at Mime Navi
4: Quick check for trap shut-off

---

[TNT - UPSTAIRS HALLWAY]

Tina grinned a bit as the door began to buckle. Just a bit more work and it should be down. She paused for just a moment to check on the roller, which was bearing down upon the Navis currently working on Gala's door. She looked between her door and them. Should she go help them...?

Chris's suddenly came over the microphone. "Tina, Nitro's in Gala's bedroom, he's working on shutting down the traps," Chris explained. "For now, just worry about yourself, don't try and be a hero for anyone,"

"Understood," Tina replied. She returned her attention to the door in front of her, and aimed the shotgun in her hands at the door. She fired off three shots in quick succession, hoping that it would be sufficient in breaking the door down and granting her sanctuary from the giant roller. Surely the people at the other door would have the sense to get out of the way of the roller when it got close.

SUMMARY (TNT):
1: Buster Shot at Door
2: Buster Shot at Door
(Guts Subtype Ability: Gatling Gun) 3: Buster Shot at Door
As it turned out, Nitro didn't really have a chance to use his rope. Neither Jailbird showed him the tattoo he was waiting for. "No, uh... See, I can't show it myself because the second that mime would be compromised, she'll turn around and stab one of us. You've got to figure out a way to find that tattoo that will definitively proof which of us is which, while being quick and surprising enough that we can get the edge on her. The shield's a good idea, though," both women explained in unison.

As she spoke, Jailbird realized the situation seemed impossible. "Alright, Nitro, I figured something out. The mime got a button-press device earlier that allows her to start and stop all of the traps in the house. She should still have it on her somewhere. If you can get it away from her somehow, that'd solve the problem too. Just remember that she's going to flip the hell out whenever we expose her. That's just the way she is," both Jailbirds elaborated, spinning one finger at the sides of their heads to indicate that the mime was crazy.

Obviously, Nitro was going to have to think outside the box. Somehow, he'd have to determine the identity of the mime in a way that was impossible to react to. He had a shield now, so he might be prepared for any reaction the mime could come up with; Jailbird was tough, but this mime was some sort of killer, crazy enough to need to be imprisoned by the Mafia. His options seemed to be locating the tattoo or finding the device... but there could be other options as well.

Gala continued watching from her bed, lying down on her side and looking unconcerned, like she was about to fall asleep.

-----------------------------

Tina managed to get the closet door open, with the help of the others. Quickly, everyone who'd been working on breaking in piled in to the presumed closet. Surprisingly, the inside was a dank and dark room, slightly larger than expected, that held only halve-carved stone blocks, on their way to becoming statues. Chisels and other sculpting equipment lay here and there, but other than that, the room was black floors and black walls with only dim lighting.

Still, it didn't seem like the roller would be able to get into the room, so it made a good spot to wait it out... at least until the killer mime figured out they were in there and activated some more traps.

Outside, a veritable Teksqp talent show began as all of those remaining at Gala's door began to pop their trump cards. Some of them jumped down to the floor below. Others gave the door the beating of a life time. Still others tried to dive under the rolling pin to the other side, only to be crushed gruesomely beneath it as it came back down. Interestingly, a jackout barrier didn't seem to be in place, as the damage looked painful but not lethal, causing a jack-out.

One navi, a man in a tall turban riding a flying carpet, simply teleported along with his carpet to the other side of the rolling pin. Safely on the other side, he stuck out his tongue rudely to those remaining and started laughing. As he laughed, a tremendous, gray-masked navi came behind him and slammed a sculptor's chisel into the top of his turban. Wailing in pain, the navi fell down, only to be smashed by the assailant's miniature mallet.

It seemed like it wasn't safe to be around Gala's servants any more... But why were they attacking? Didn't the Teksqp party guests have enough to worry about already?

1 TURN TILL UNFORTUNATE OCCURRENCES
3 TURNS TILL UTTER MAYHEM
5 TURNS TILL UNFATHOMABLE DISASTER
Nitro stood there silently, looking between the two Navis, looking them over carefully for any tiny details that might give the mime away, and privately and internally discussing the matter with his operator. Suddenly, something seemed to click in Nitro's head, and a smirk of triumph spread across his face. "Hah!" Nitro laughed. "That's a really cute trick you've got there. Mimey, and a headscratcher to boot, but I can see right through it! I've got this all figured out now!" Nitro lifted his buster/shotgun and aimed it directly at the face of the mime on the left.

Now, it wasn't which Jailbird was the real one that he had figured out. Rather, it was a means to that end that he had determined. He held his fire for a split second longer than normal, carefully examining the reaction of his target. Chris, meanwhile, focused his attention on the one on the left. What followed next would be circumstantial: If both Jailbirds reacted in the same way, or the right one attempted to strike Nitro, he would turn his aim and fire on that one, reasoning it to be the imposter, having observed that the real Jailbird seemed to be the one dictating the actions between the two. However, if his target reacted alone, whether it be a pre-emptive counter or a simple flinch, he would open fire on it without changing targets.

Of course, this all depended on the Jailbirds' reactions, which he still had to wait and see.

Summary:
N1: Bluff (Aim Buster at left Jailbird)
-TURN SPLICE-
"What the hell!? Don't point that gun at me, dude!" both Jailbirds protested, looking panicked. "Can't you use your brain just once, huh? There's gotta be some way to figure this out other than shooting me!" they both protested in unison.

This seemed to clearly indicate that the left was the real one; the right one, if she was real, wouldn't have protested to Nitro threatening to shoot the other. At the same time, wasn't the mime supposed to jump when she'd been found out? Either the mime wasn't nearly as cunning as Jailbird had made her sound or something fishy was still going on.

Gala seemed to realize this discrepency and smiled knowingly. "Why don't you go ahead and shoot her? It ought to be fun to see what happens," the host suggested.

[NITRO - GALA'S BEDROOM]

Now, there's something you should know about Nitro.

He's fully aware that he can make some bone-headed decisions. He believes it's a charming personality quirk. However, this awareness of self-stupidity can lead to some awkward situations when he believes he's outsmarted someone.

Nitro smirked as both Jailbirds reacted, then immediately switched targets and fired, blasting the supposed Mime Navi with explosive buckshot. He then raised his Guard, on the off-chance his foe hadn't been taken by surprise. But really, with a genius like Nitro, what were the odds of that?

Summary:
N2: Buster Shot at right Jailbird (8 FIRE + Knockback)
[TURN SPLICE]

---

[TNT - SCULPTING CLOSET]

Tina winced as she watched the turbaned Navi get slammed by various sculpting tools, before pulling her head back in. She looked around at the rag-tag team of very possibly deranged misfits she had broken into the closet with, taking in all the resources she had available in getting from where she was currently to her Navi's side.

Summary:
T*: Observe immediate Navis.
[PRE-TURN TURN SPLICE]
After a little buildup, Nitro shifted targets, shooting the supposed mime right in the face. Bizarrely... whoever it was didn't move out of the way, any further than looking angered and spitting. The one took the buster shot right to the face, and then they both kept on imitating each other. "Think better, Nitro! Damn it, we don't have time for this!" she pleaded, although by the sounds of it, she was confused herself. Did any of this line up with what he was thinking out to be the case, purely by logic? Not at all.

Mime had dropped down first... then Jailbird had entered...

"What fun! You know what, Nitro? I'm better at party games than anyone. It's sort of my thing," Gala laughed from her bed, grinning wolfishly out at him despite the situation. "This is a neat puzzle. Why don't I give you a suggestion: try shooting both at once!" ... Was she just making fun of him?

-------------------------------------------

In the closet/workroom/whatever, Tina found that she'd been crammed in with several navis of bizarre shapes and sizes, most looking too scared to be of any help. As if on queue with her thoughts, two more ran out; there was no telling what happened to them after that, but it certainly didn't sound like cheering or yelling "come on out, it's safe now!"

The three navis now left were a ragtag pair. The first was a woman in a straight jacket with white, frazzled hair and a very upset expression, making it look as though she might fall into madness at any point (if she hadn't already). The second was a giant guy with bug-eyed goggles and green, insect-like armor. He seemed calmer and perhaps more reliable than the others. The third was a figure in a black cloak, some woman; she was puffing heavily as she leaned against the door.

[NITRO - GALA'S BEDROOM]

Nitro cursed inwardly that his gambit had yielded no real results, and began pacing about, snapping at Gala as she made her suggestion.

"You're not helping!" Nitro almost-shouted, spinning on the spot.

"Actually," Chris said, "she kind of is..." At Gala's words, Chris had gone through his chips and located the Magbomb. "I'm going to send you the Magbomb," Chris explained. "Be sure to hit both of them with it, and while they're stunned, check for that tattoo Jailbird mentioned."

Nitro subtly nodded, having elected to continue pacing and looking frustrated, more as an act now than anything. As soon as he recieved the bomb, however, he turned and tossed it at the ground between them. Assuming he caught both Jailbirds in the stunning explosion, he dashed over and moved behind the left Jailbird, lifting her shirt slightly. Whether he found a tattoo or not, he kept on his toes, anticipating a counterattack.

Summary:
[END TURN SPLICE]
N3: Magbomb at Jailbirds [30Elec+Stun+Blast3] (Mass Destruction Activated)
N4: Check left Jailbird for tramp stamp.

---

[TNT - SCULPTING CLOSET]

Tina looked between the three navis, from the mental-patient-looking girl, the insectoid man, to the cloaked girl at the door. She looked around at the sculpting tools as well, and a plan formed in her head.

"Excuse me, but could I have everyone's attention?" Tina asked the lot in the group. Assuming she got most of their attention, she continued. "My name is Tina, I'm a support program for the Navi known as Nitro. According to my operator, Nitro is currently in Gala's bedroom right now, and has located the culprit. He needs my help to incapacitate her and shut down these traps, therefore I need all of your help to get to that bedroom. I have a plan to get there, but it will require everyone's cooperation. So, do I have everyone's support?" She didn't require everyone's help, of course, but she could use as much help from actual navis as possible.

Summary:
T1+2: Rally closet-mates.
((Just so you know I am doing a lot of my posting from phone at work so that is why you will not see formatting and may see grievous typing and autocorrect errors))

Gala clapped in giddy delight as Nitro more or less followed her instructions. Both Jailbirds were caught off guard and hit by the bomb; one went into a series of shocked hitters while the other simply... poofed into a splatter of black paint. What the heck was going on? Gala looked just confused as he might be feeling, but she was also biting her lip in excitement.

The remaining Jailbird finally stopped reeling and coughed noisily until a plume of smoke escaped from her mouth. Along with that smoke came some tiny electronic device, which rolled across the floor and disappeared down one of the new cracks in the floor. Jailbird clutched at her throat in a panicked way, as though she was choking, but there was no sound at all.. Regardless of what was happening, one could only hope that the tar-like puddle on the floor was not Jailbird.

In the mean time, Tina was busy trying to rally her troops. The jittery psycho made it hard, however, as she had started trying to chew through her jacket while simultaneously bellowing muffled profanities. She probably wouldn't be much help. Reaffirming the statement, the green guy pointed a thumb in her direction. "Headcase isn't going to be any help here. I, on the other hand, can offer you an array of impressive insectoid abilities!" he informed Tina.

The cloaked girl seemed surprised to see who she was locked in with. She freed one arm from the door and pulled back her hood, revealing... Jailbird! "I figured he might be on top of it! I just hope he's not planning to level a quarter of the house to stop the problem. What should I do?" she inquired in a panic. "Scratch that, let me tell you this: I'm the only thing barring this door against who knows how many of Gala's sculptors, which are trying to kill everyone for some reason. So unless you know something better I think you guys ought to help me support this door!"

It sounded like if Tina wanted to get through it would be pretty difficult to convince Jailbird... A tremendous shudder ran through the house, followed by something that sounded ominously like squeaky pipes and then a huge, booming crash. Something very, very big has just tumbled to the ground...

From his position, Nitro could see what it was; the forward wall of the mansion had collapsed. Even more eerily, what was left in its place was a mesh of various sadistic, gnashing traps that their hostess had apparently embedded into the house, all running at once: protruding spikes, electric fences, some kind of bizarre carwash looking thing... It would be pay-worthy to undertake the task of inventorying all of the murderous traps in here.

2 to mayhem
4 to disaster
[NITRO - GALA'S BEDROOM]

Nitro watched as one of "Jailbirds" suddenly collapsed into a puddle of black goop. Reeling back in shock, he looked over at Gala, who seemed to be simply ecstatic.
"I suppose you knew Jail wasn't here, huh? You could have just told me, instead of just letting her waste my time." Nitro turned back to the remaining Navi, watching her silently hack up smoke, spotting the little gadget go flying and slipping through the cracks. Nitro assummed it was just some sort of voice modulator, and, assuming he still had the rope from earlier, he rushed up to the mime, attempting to catch her before she could get away. After his attempt at securing the mime, however, there was a resounding crash, and he located the source. His digital equivalent of blood ran cold at the sight of all the murderous devices. A short moment later, he was being contacted by his Support Program over the private connection.

[...]

"One of the walls just collapsed, and it was filled huge amount of traps." Nitro replied. "Where are you right now?"

[...]

"Really? I actually thought she was here with me a minute ago, but it was a fake." Nitro stopped for a minute, then added "Okay, first, make sure that's the real Jail. Ask her something you think only she'd know. If it is her, have Chris sync her up to the private line, and get her to tell me absolutely anything she knows about the mime navi, especially where she might hide something on her person."

[...]

"Roger that." Nitro turned to Gala, keeping one eye on the (hopefully) restrained mime. "Gala, I need you to tell me all the traps between the top of the main staircase and this room. And please, give me a straightforward answer."

Summary:
N1: Rope on Mime
N2: Question Gala about traps
[TURN SPLICE]

---

[TNT - SCULPTING CLOSET]

Tina nearly fell to the floor as the whole mansion shook, but she soon righted herself. She immediately contacted Nitro to see if he knew what happened.

"Nitro, are you there? What just happened?" She enquired.

[...]

"We're in some sort of sculpting closet just off the landing of the front staircase, where we initially came through. Jailbird is here with me, as well as a pair of other navis."

[...]

"Understood. In the meantime, try and figure out what exactly we have to go through to get to you. I'd like to know exactly what we're up against." As Tina finished speaking with Nitro, she turned to Jailbird. "Alright, Nitro just got through telling me that this mime character tried to fool him with a false copy of you." She explained. "So, in the interest of being careful, he wants me to figure out whether you're who you claim to be." Tina thought for a moment, then delivered the question. "What did you believe Nitro and I were doing when you first saw us?"

Summary:
T1: Question Jailbird.
Jailbird looked confused, raising both eyebrows and then putting on a pouty frown as she continued using her back and arms to keep the door barred. "How should I remember? Do you remember what I was doing, huh? I was jailguarding," she replied, spoiling the answer before anyone could venture a guess.

"Could you just guess something then? We're wasting time..." the bug man interjected.

"Okay uuuh... I probably thought you guys were using it as a makeout location because I was preeetty horny at the time. But in my defense, you try being the only jailguard in a jail full of people too crazy to carry on a conversation. If you don't have a good imagination, you've got nothing to pass your time, and it isn't like anyone is going to see you mastu-"

"BILLIARDS!" the wrapped up girl interrupted, then started grinding her face up and down against a nearby closet wall.

"... Anyways, is that it? Cause once those guys finish up with all the live bait out there, we're next..."

-------

In the mean time, Nitro managed to tie up the mime during the confusion. Her hands were now wrapped behind her at the waist, but he would need more to fully restrain her. Gala, watching with a big smile, shrugged and shook her head. "I didn't know that at all! I just just love slapstick comedy, you understand?" she giggled childishly. "I'm glad it worked out for you!"

The mime stared with a blank frown, regarding Nitro passively with her blank, black-rimmed star eyes. She seemed to be entirely silent now that her communicator was kaput.

"I er... that's a very good question! I don't have a good what all of these traps do. A friend of mine who worked for Techari, before he was kicked out, installed all of these for me and I never had a chance to test them. They seem to work pretty well!" Gala joked, still making light the gravity of the situation. "Anyways, I did create those sculptor navis and craft the living statues... All of that, however, can be overridden for control by that same remote! A pretty unwise feature in hindsight! I would imagine all of these things are trying to attack tour friend in the closet right now, since they have a superhuman sense of smell. With that in mind, you'd think they would wash themselves!"

A few tidbits of useful information had come from her rambling. The mime was occupied with something else... At first, it looked like she was flipping the middle finger, but then both middle and index finger joined. She moved them up and down in some strange pantomime....

"I would get on that search of I were you. If the traps are moving, she must be controlling them," Gala offered, noticing that another wall had begun to shake.

1 till mayhem
3 till disaster
[TNT - SCULPTING CLOSET]

"That's close enough, I suppose," Tina said. She then began speaking with her operator. "Chris, can you put Jailbird on the private line? Nitro needs to speak with her."

"Right, one second," the operator replied. He fiddled with a few buttons, and a headset appeared in front of Tina. "That should relay Jailbird's communication to Nitro through your connection. As long as you stay logged in and she wears that, she'll be able to talk to Nitro and I as well as you."

"Right," Tina said. She moved over to Tina, and put the headset over her head, given that the rest of her was occupied. "Alright, Jailbird, Nitro's ob the other end, he wants you to give him as much info on the mime as you can, starting with where she might hide the control to these traps." After including Jailbird to the connection, she turned to the insect navi. "Now then, I'm going to need you to help me move one of these unfinished statues in front of the door," Tina explained. "That should help keep those statues out better than Jailbird on her own."

Summary:
[END TURN SPLICE]
T2: Give Jailbird comm. access.

---

[NITRO - GALA'S BEDROOM]

Nitro nodded as Gala finished her explanation. "Okay, that helps me a bit, I guess..." He trailed off as he glanced over at the mime, noticing her fingers. "Hey, what are you doing?" He inquired, not actually expecting a response. As he watched her, though, her realized that she was making a scissor motion with her fingers, obviously trying to cut the rope. Thinking quickly, Nitro leapt at her, attempting to tackle her to the ground before she could free herself. For his assumed position on top of her, he'd begin to pat her down, searching feverishly for the remote. Already the other wall showed signs of collapsing...

Summary:
[END TURN SPLICE]
N3: Tackle Mime
N4: Search for remote