Mission: Test Pilot!

Nitro appeared in a flash of green light, appearing in the Electown Net for the third time. He looked around, trying to find a Navi, or a potentially lethal vehicle of some sort. "Hello?" he shouted. "I'm Nitro, I'm supposed to test a vehicle or something for a ForeMan.exe?"
The coordinates that Chris had been given led Nitro to an area deep within the heart of Electown Net. The landscape still displayed signs of the devastation that was the Net War, though various groups of construction Navi were doing their best to repair the shattered panels and distorted data. The destruction had been much worse following the war, though some areas still defied attempts at repairing the damage.

A few yards in front of Nitro was a low dome that pulsed with green energy. It was only a few feet high, but the dome spread across an area at least one hundred yards across. A large vehicle, like a hovering semi truck attached to a trailer, floated just to the left of the green dome. The door of the vehicle opened and a Navi slid down to the panels below him. The Navi was dressed in a plain black bodysuit with a neon yellow jacket. On his head was a white helmet that looked like it was made of plastic. The Navi glanced around and noticed Nitro.

"Hey!" the Navi yelled. "What are you doing here? This is a union only site. No civvies allowed."
"Hey, cool your jets, buddy!" Nitro shouted back. "I'm here on a mission from the GNA, I'm supposed to be helping out a ForeMan.exe with something." Nitro stopped for a moment, then shouted in a more conversational tone, "You wouldn't happen to know where I could find him, would you?"
"What?" The Navi asked. "You're the test pilot the GNA sent down? Man, I was hoping you'd at least be in the union. Ah well, I suppose I didn't specify. I'm ForeMan.Exe and for the next few hours, I'll be your boss."

The Navi glanced around, searching for something, and waved a hand at a similarly clad Navi with a yellow helmet. The Navi responded with a wave, responding to some previous instructions, and moved to the back of the hovering vehicle and opened the door to the trailer. He climbed in, hidden by the wall of the trailer.

"Alright then," ForeMan said to Nitro. "He's going to be getting your ride down for you. While he does, I'll go over the basics. You insert the key into the ignition and turn it. The engine has a push button so just press it to start. There are two pedals on the floor of the cockpit. Press them both down to go forward. The pedals will lock in place, but if you press them again they'll ease up. Connected to the chair are two joysticks, one on each side. They control their respective arms; left for left and right for right. There are a few buttons on the sticks and a couple of switches and levers on the main console, but don't worry about those for now. We'll just start with a quick spin to familiarize you with the basic controls and move on from there."

The Navi paused as a rumble from within the trailer was followed by a large machine moving down to the panels beneath the trailer. The machine was a strange amalgamation of tank and robot. The vehicle was about twenty-five feet tall, a humanoid torso complete with arms and a robotic head resting on a tank frame. The vehicle would drive on tank treads, allowing it to climb over most of the debris littering the area. The cockpit was located in the torso of the humanoid portion of the vehicle. Attached to the back and shoulders of vehicle were two large cannons that reached out beyond the tank frame. The vehicle was metallic gray in color.

"It still needs a few upgrades and the paint job," ForeMan said. "But there it is...The Construction Tank, Contank for short. Hop on up and I'll relay instructions over the intercom."
Nitro looked up at the hulking piece of machinery with awe. When he finally found his voice, he said to ForeMan, "That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." He ran toward it in utter glee, and after climbing in, situated himself in the cockpit. He looked at all the levers, buttons, and knobs in front of him, and was trying to decide which one he'd try first when he was interrupted by Chris.
"Whoa, hold up there Nitro!" Chris said. "We don't even know how to work this thing, and besides, we'd probably get arrested or something if we took a giant half robot/half tank for a joyride."
"Fine," Nitro huffed. He picked up what seemed to be the intercom and said into it "Okay, what do you want me to do first?" He stopped for a moment, then added a "sir" to the end of his sentence, hoping that it might make up for his little outburst from before.
"Just keep it simple for now," ForeMan said. "Get the hang of driving the Contank and we'll move on to the big stuff from there. Like I said, the pedals on the floor in front of you control acceleration. When you press the two pedals, the Contank will move forward. If you press the pedals all the way down, they will lock and the tank will move at its max speed. Of course, the tank isn't made for speed so don't expect much in the way of horsepower. Once the pedals are locked, you can press them down again to release the lock and ease to a stop. To turn, press down one pedal and leave the other raised. With the right pedal pressed, the tank will turn left and vice-versa. The joysticks work the arms, but the controls are fairly self evident, so I'll let you try them out."

The Navi positioned himself just in front and to the left of the tank. He pointed down to a pile of rubble that littered one of the walkways.

"Alright, for starters, head over to that pile and use the arms to clear away some of the debris."
"Alright, pedals... pedals... ah, here the are!" Nitro said, looking down around his feet. He gave them both a gentle push down, and the Contank began to move forward. "Fantastic." Nitro said, pleased with how easily the controls worked so far. He then raised his feet, letting the pedals raise up, and the Contank stopped took hold of the joysticks on either side. He wiggled the one on his right, and the arm waved accordingly. "Alright, this is good!" Nitro said to himself. He then looked around until he found the pile of rubble littering the walkway. He pressed down on the pedals to turn towards and approach it, then moved the right arm down to the level of the debris, and pushed it to the side, the arm shifting the rubble to the right side of the walkway. Nitro then picked up the intercom and said into it "Alright, do you want me to put the rubble somewhere in particular, or is this fine?"
"Just stack the rubble off to the side of the pathway," ForeMan answered. "I'll have someone bring a truck by to haul it away in a bit."

The Navi paused to wipe sweat from his brow. He glanced around for a moment, as though looking for something amidst the scattered debris and construction Navi. Not finding what he wanted, ForeMan shrugged and turned his attention back to Nitro.

"How are you feeling up there? Adjusting to the basic controls?"
"Yeah, I'm fine up here," Nitro answered. "I mean, it's not like I could do surgery with this thing, but I'm sure I've got the hang of it." Nitro looked around the cockpit before asking "Alright, so what else needs to be done?"
((Slight note: You cannot use any of your own sigs or chips unless you leave the ConTank's cockpit. Also, being a tank, the ConTank isn't terribly maneuverable compared to beings on foot. Faster, yes, but not more maneuverable.))

"Good," ForeMan nodded and gave a soft chuckle. "When this thing is fully operational, maybe you should apply for a job driving it. You look like a natural construction worker. Now, there are a few more controls that you should know about. The left arm houses a rivet gun, while the right is equipped with an acetylene torch. To activate either of those, you use the trigger on the control sticks. The red button on the top of the stick retracts and locks the fingers for that particular hand and will engage the tool. You'll use the tool by pressing the trigger. Now, don't go crazy with them. Neither the rivet gun nor the torch have any aim so you'll need to position the arms right next to what you want rivet, weld or cut."

ForeMan paused to make sure Nitro understood everything he had said. He didn't want to go too fast just in case the test pilot had any questions or concerns. He wiped his forehead once more before continuing.

"Now, I'm sure you've noticed the cannons resting on the shoulders of the ConTank. Don't get excited. You don't have any explosive shells or anything like that. Those cannons fire towlines with various grappling hook attachments. Its pretty simple to work. There is a screen on the console in front of you that displays the area in front of the cannons. Using the small joystick near the screen, you position the targeting reticule where you want to fire. The onboard CPU will adjust for small errors on its own. Then you choose your ammo. The ConTank is equipped with your standard grappling hook for latching, a breaching spike for flat walls and a magnetic plug for metal walls that the spike can't penetrate. Once you figure out which hook is best, you press the red button near the screen to fire. Basically, the hooks are used for towing objects or for toppling walls. If needed, you can manually detach the towline and hook it up to the tank chassis for towing large objects. Now, once you get the hang of that, we'll need you to help us tear down a few ruined networks and then we'll call it a day al-"

ForeMan look around wildly as a deafening horn sounded. Several lights stationed around the construction site began to flash red in time with the blaring horn. The various Navi scattered around the area dashed toward a bunker set off to the side of the massive dome.

"Damn it," ForeMan cursed. "Not again. Kid, get out of there and come on. We've got to get to the bunker."

The blaring horn died down, but loud cracking sound filled the sudden silence. Fractures appeared along the length of the pulsating green dome and portions of it began to fall away to reveal a hole that spread the diameter of the dome. Various shapes could be seen moving within the darkness of the hole, the flashes of green light revealing little of the creatures lurking below.

"Son of a-" ForeMan began. "Forget it kid, we'll never make it. Stay in the ConTank. It is tough enough to withstand a few hits, hopefully enough to keep you whole until the guards arrive. Other than that, I'm afraid you're on your own."

ForeMan's white helmet began to flash as he stopped talking and a transparent dome appeared around him. The dome much resembled the top of the Navi's helmet, if on a much grander scale. A wrench appeared in ForeMan's hand and he smacked it against his palm, but he glanced around worriedly.

The creatures began to emerge from within the hole, a large group of strangely colored viruses lead by a Navi equipped with a massive steel shield. The Navi and the viruses both looked feral and ready to destroy anything in sight.

"Kid," ForeMan added. "If things get antsy, deploy the emergency shield. We just have to wait this thing out. The guards were on the other side of the dome, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes for them to arrive."

ChumpuA: 150
ChumpuB: 150
ChumpuC: 150
TuffBunnyA: 100
TuffBunnyB: 100
Cacty2A: 150
Cacty2B: 150
Cacty2C: 150
Shield Navi: 300

ForeMan.Exe: 300 [200hp Barrier]
ConTank: 300 [300hp Casing, -1 to Dodge Rank]
Nitro: 140

Quote ()

ConTank Abilities:
- Arm Attack: Punch with arm; deals 30 Null DMG; Impact; Can attempt to grab target; B Accuracy
- Grab: Free Action when combined with Arm Attack; inflicts Hold status; C Accuracy [Note: Grab grants A Accuracy to all attacks made toward held target; however, attacks may cause hold to break]
- Squeeze: Squeeze held target; 150 Null DMG; A Accuracy
- Throw: Throw held target; 50 Null DMG; knock back; A Accuracy
- Rivet Gun: Fires a large steel spike; 50 Null DMG; Piercing; B Accuracy at Melee range; D Accuracy outside of Melee range
- Torch: Uses the torch; 50 Fire DMG; Spread1; Melee; B Accuracy
- Grappling Cannon: Fire grappling hook; DMG varies depending on hook and target; D Accuracy against moving targets
- Emergency Shield: Deploys shield incase of building collapse; 3-hit shield; 3TCD
((Quick question: Would my passive or active subtype ability (Mass Destruction and Smash, respectively) apply to the tank's abilities? For instance, would the Torch be upgraded to Spread2 when I used it?)

"Whoa!" Nitro shouted out as the viruses and Navi emerged from the giant green dome. "Those are the strongest looking viruses I've ever seen! Where the hell did they come from?"
"I don't know, but I'd just sit tight if I were you," Chris replied. "I don't want a repeat of the last time we went busting."
"Calm down, will you? I'm in a giant tank with arms, what're they gonna do? I'll just pound 'em to bits!"
"Uh, Nitro, I'm pretty sure this thing isn't made for-"
"KEYAAAAH!" Nitro shouted, pushing both pedals down to the floor. The Contank sped, well, raced, no, rolled forward at top speed, charging down to meet the viruses head-on. He pushed down on the pedals again to stop the machine, while pulling back on the left joystick. He then rammed it forward, sending a giant, metal fist toward one of the TuffBunnies. He pulled back on the right joystick as well, then pushed this one forward to send this one flying toward one of the Chumpus, this time with an open hand, and attempted to grab hold of it with the arm. A thought suddenly emerged in his mind, and he picked up the intercom once again. "I probably should have told you this earlier," he said into it. "But my name's Nitro."

Summary:
1: Move forward
2: Arm Attack at TuffBunnyA (30dmg + Impact)
3: Arm Attack + Grab at ChumpuA (30dmg + Impact, Hold)
((Yeah, sure))

Nitro lumbered forward in the Contank, moving to intercept the rampaging viruses. One of the TuffBunny viruses hopped forward rapidly, charging the tank. It leapt through the air at the last moment, electricity coursing through it, and was backhanded to the ground by the Contank. A massive surge of electricity shot out of the bunny as it hit the ground, disappearing off in the distance. The other TuffBunny paid Nitro no mind, firing off blasts of electricity that churned up the wrecked battlefield.

ForeMan hurled his wrench through the air, the tool flipping end over end at it struck a Champu, Cacty2 and just missed the fallen TuffBunny. The wrench returned back the ForeMan's hand like a boomerang for just long enough for the Navi to hurl it again, this time straight at one of the Chumpu and striking the virus right on the head. The Chumpu reeled about, stunned.

The viruses counterattacked, an injured Chumpu charging forward to deliver two flaming punches that exploded against ForeMan's barrier. The other wounded Chumpu charged, but ForeMan raised his hand to form a wall just outside of his barrier. The wall blocked the two Chumpu, for about a second. One Chumpu delivered a four hit combo against the wall while the other delivered two hits of its own and the wall crumbled to dust. A Cacty2 attempted to add a hit of its own, but the cactus ball rolled right by ForeMan.

ForeMan summoned a massive steel ball that swung across the back of the battlefield in an attempt to knock some of the viruses back into the hole. A Chumpu dodged away from the ball and charged toward the Contank. A Cacty2 was not so lucky and the steel ball crashed against it and sent it flying back into the hole. The ball continued on, barreling down on the shielded Navi. The enemy Navi merely stood there are the ball crashed down....And stopped dead against the Navi's massive shield.

The charging Chumpu delivered two powerful punches to the Contank's defenses, but Nitro countered by grabbing the virus in the tank's massive hands.

The shielded Navi continued to wait and watch Nitro and ForeMan.

ChumpuA: 120 [Held]
ChumpuB: 90
ChumpuC: 50
TuffBunnyA: 70
Cacty2A: 90
Cacty2B: DELETED!
Cacty2C: 150

ForeMan.Exe: 300 [40hp Barrier]
ConTank: 300 [220hp Casing, -1 to Dodge Rank]

Terrain: 25% Missing, 50% Cracked, 25% Metal
((The missing terrain is large hole where viruses emerged, while the cracked terrain surrounds the hole and the metal terrain is dispersed in small clumps throughout the cracked area. The viruses are on cracked terrain between the Contank and the hole. The Contank and ForeMan are also on cracked terrain.))
Chris looked in awe at the enemy Navi's giant shield. "Did you see that!?" He shouted. "That ball just stopped dead in it's tracks!"
"Oh, I saw it alright," Nitro said, but his attention wasn't focused on the shield. It was on the new toy ForeMan had given him. Nitro gave the virus in his hand a sharp squeeze, then turned to the aiming screen for the grappling cannon. He moved the small joystick so that it targeted the ball, then switched over to the magnetic hook. He then pressed the red button, and the magnet flew towards the ball, cable trailing behind. Once he heard the magnet thud against something, he reached up with the Contank's arm and grabbed the cable. He raised the arm quickly, bringing the hook over his head, and sharply brought it down, hoping to slam one of the remaining Cacty2s with the hook and, assuming everything went according to plan, the steel ball.

Summary:
1: Squeeze ChumpuA (150dmg)
2: Magnet grappling cannon at Foreman's metal ball (???dmg)
3: *Improvised Attack!* Tow cable flail at Cacty2C (???dmg)
Nitro wasted no time in crushing the life out of the Chumpu trapped within the Contank's grasp. He followed it up by attaching a magnetic tow cable to ForeMan's wrecking ball and twirled it above the Contank's head before slamming it down on top of one of the cactus viruses. Nitro's improvisation worked in deleting the virus, but the force of the blow snapped lose the steel ball from the magnetic hook and sent it tumbling into the hole.

The remaining Chumpus barreled down on the Contank, each delivering two flaming punches that rocked the armored carrier and tore hole through the steel plating. ForeMan hurled a wrench at the two Chumpus to draw their attention, but the viruses dodged away with ease. The lone Cacty hurled its head at ForeMan, shattering the last of the Navi's helmet shaped barrier. The Navi hurled his wrench once more, striking a TuffBunny with deadly accuracy. The other bunny turned and fired a ring of electricity that knocked ForeMan to the floor. The bunny fired a second jolt of electricity at the Contank, disabling the last of its plating.

The shield Navi continued to wait, now chuckling darkly to himself.

ChumpuA: DELETED!
ChumpuB: 90
ChumpuC: 50
TuffBunnyA: DELETED!
Cacty2A: 90
Cacty2C: DELETED!

ForeMan.Exe: 230 [Stun -1 Action]
ConTank: 300 [-1 to Dodge Rank]

((The missing terrain is large hole where viruses emerged, while the cracked terrain surrounds the hole and the metal terrain is dispersed in small clumps throughout the cracked area. The viruses are on cracked terrain between the Contank and the hole. The Contank and ForeMan are also on cracked terrain.))
Nitro gripped the console in front of him as the final attack from the viruses disabled the outer plating. "I think now might be a good time to disable that emergency shield." Chris said over the PET microphone.
"Gee wiz, you think?" Nitro said back. Nitro searched for the appropriate button, and, assuming he found the right one, jabbed it with his thumb. He then focused his attention back on the remaining viruses. "Okay, just four more, and then we can deal with that Navi..." Nitro said to himself. He looked over to the stationary Cacty, and figured that it'd be the easiest target at the moment. He moved the Contank's right arm so that it pointed at it with an open palm. He then pushed the red button on top, engaging the tool, the fingers retracting, then pulled it trigger, the flames pouring out from the end of the arm. Nitro then swung the other arm at the remaining TuffBunny, hoping to grab this one like the Chumpu before it.

Summary:
1: Emergency Shield: 3 hit shield, 3 turn cd.
2: Torch at Cacty2: 50 Fire dmg, Spread2, Melee (Mass Destruction activated)
3: Arm Attack + Grab at TuffBunny: 30dmg + Impact, Hold
((Sorry, not much time due to school and work. Please forgive this quick post.))

Nitro wasted no time in raising the ConTank's emergency shields. The shield materialized just in time to block a fierce flaming flurry of fists from one of the Chumpu's. The virus dodged back, just avoiding a wrench hurled by ForeMan; however, a second wrench smashed against the pugilist.

Flames engulfed the lone Cacty2 and the two Chumpu as Nitro unleashed the acetylene torch. The three viruses vanished amidst the searing heat. The ConTank's other arm swung down and snatched a hopping TuffBunny out of the air, but the rabbit virus countered with a series of electrical jolts, one smashing the last of the tank's shielding and the other frying the tank's systems. It would take a moment for the ConTank to reboot, but at least the virus didn't manage to escape.

Seeing the viruses destroyed or trapped, the Navi behind the massive shield readied himself to attack. He lifted his shield off the ground before slamming it back down. A forest of steel spikes erupted from the ground around ForeMan, impaling him and pinning him to the floor.

"D-damn," ForeMan grunted. "I think he's got me, kid. G-get outa here before its too late."

ChumpuB: DELETED!
ChumpuC: DELETED!
TuffBunnyB: 70 [HELD!]
Cacty2A: DELETED!

ForeMan.Exe: 130 [Frozen] [Held]
ConTank: 240 [-1 to Dodge Rank] [STUN'D! -1 Action]

"Damnit!" Nitro banged his fists against the console, as the attack from the TuffBunny shorted out the Contank's circutry. He looked outside of the cockpit,and could stiil see the virus firmly within the Contank's grasp. "Hold on a sec Chris," He said. "I'm gonna see if I can get this thing working again." He dived underneath the console and, after locating an access panel, began pulling and plugging in random wires.
"Uh, do you think that's a good idea?" Chris inquired.
"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." A loud shocking sound could be heard. "Ow. Ok, I think that did it." It was then that he heard ForeMan's shaking voice.
Nitro smacked his head against the lip of the console, then stood straight up. He looked outside and could see ForeMan within a mass of metal spikes. He turned his head, and could see the enemy Navi standing behind his massive shield. A hot bubble of rage welled up inside Nitro, and he jumped back down into the seat. He squezed the virus in the Contank's hand, then turned to the screen displaying the targeting screen for the grappeling hook. He aimed it at the Navi's shield, chose the magnetic hook, and fired, waiting for the distinctive clang of metal on metal before he made his next move.

Summary:
1) STUN
2) Squeeze TuffBunny (150dmg)
3) Magnet Grappeling Hook at Shield Navi (???dmg)
((bonk))
((Crappy post...I hate work))

Nitro deleted the TuffBunny caught in the ConTank's grip with practiced ease and proceeded to to launch a magnetic grappling hook to the strange Navi's massive shield. The hook stuck fast...And that's it.

ForeMan attempted to pull himself free of the spikes impaling his body, but he was held fast.

The strange Navi grimaced as he pulled at the magnet hook, but it would not come off of the shield. The Navi turned to the ConTank and opened his mouth wide. A hailstorm of small steel spikes fired from the Navi's mouth to pierce deep into the tank's armor. The Navi fired a second volley at ForeMan, the spikes shredding ForeMan's arm.

ChumpuB: DELETED!
ChumpuC: DELETED!
TuffBunnyB: DELETED!
Cacty2A: DELETED!
Shield Navi: 300 [Hook attached to shield]

ForeMan.Exe: 70 [Frozen] [Held]
ConTank: 180 [-1 to Dodge Rank] [Hook deployed]

"Alright! Nice job!" Nitro shouted, punching the air as the magnet made it's mark. He watched the enemy Navi attempt to pull it off, to no avail. "Yeah, I don't think that's coming of any time soon buddy." He said with a grin on his face. He watched the navi open his mouth, and the grin immediately slid off Nitro's face as a flurry of metal spikes flew out of the Navi's mouth, pleting the Contank. "Gah! That's just not right!" He shouted, and continued to watch as the Navi then spat spikes at ForeMan. "Damnit! We gotta end this as soon as possible! I don't think ForeMan can take another hit!" Nitro shouted out to Chris.
"For now, I think the best course of action would be to get that shield away from that Navi," Chris replied. "Remember ForeMan's ball? While he still has the shield, we can't lay a finger on him!"
"Why do you think I hit it with the hook?" Nitro said. He grabbed the joysticks and moved them so the Contank's hands were wrapped firmly around the grappeling hook's cable. He then gave the joysticks and almighty pull backward, the Contank's arms doing the same to the cable. He kept this up, in an effort to seperate the hostile Navi from his giant shield. If he succeded, he'd be able to openly attack the Navi. If not, then he'd just have to find another way to get around it.

Summary:
1: Attempt to pull away Shield Navi's shield
-TURN SPLICE-