Missing Navi Report

Magna landed in the Electown Net with his usual crash, shaking up everyone and everything in the vicinity.

"Wow... this place is so different from ACDC Net." muttered Lilia in amazement, her eyes following one of the winding pathways to who knows where.

"Tch, just as cluttered as the real thing. And those one-way magnetic pathways won't make things any easier..." groaned Mill, not looking forward to the impending search. "Well, either way, you'd best start looking, Magna."

Magna nodded, then moved onto the nearest magnetic pathway, zooming off... to adventure!

(Battle 1 Start)
Along the pathway, Magna starts siteseeing--and rams into something incredibly tough! Thrown off the pathway and seeing stars, he stands up--to find a small group of virii!

ArmadillA: 100HP
ArmadillB: 100HP
BillyA: 50HP
BillyB: 50HP
BillyC: 50HP

Magna.exe: 120HP (Dazed! -1 Action!)

Terrain: 20% Magnetic, 80% Normal

&Welcome to ElectownNet&

BATTLE START!

ArmadillA rears its head and begins to charge!
*CLUNK*

This... is not a good omen. Mill could only cover his face with his hand as Magna crashed full-on into a communications tower. Reeling from the blow, Magna began flailing about, eventually slipping off the pathway he was on and crashing onto another one below. And, of course, there were viruses waiting for him as soon as he landing. "I REALLY hate Electown..." muttered Mill under his breath, his embarassment only doubled with Lilia watching the whole scene.

"Umm... Mill? Magna WILL be able to find my Navi, right...?" asked Lilia cautiously, a little perturbed by her brother's... "busting skills".

"Of course... This is... uhh... just a little bad luck!" answered Mill, making a poor attempt to laugh off the awkwardness. "Right, Magna?!"

"ProCesSIng pOwer temPOrarIly DowN 33%." responded the Navi in a slightly glitchy voice.

"..." Clearly, Mill had invoked the wrath of some supernatural being to be having such a bad day. Getting locked out of my apartment, having to reprogram my Navi, my sister losing her Navi... And now Magna's a klutz! Am I going to have to make an animal sacrifice to appease the gods?! At this point, Mill's hand had moved its way up into his hair, which he was just about ready to pull out. ... Slow down there, Mill. Deep breaths... Deep breaths... "Okay, I've got it". said Mill aloud without thinking.

"You have a plan?!" asked Lilia excitedly, desperately hoping that her brother wasn't THIS much of a failure.

"Uhh... Yeah! Of course I have a plan! I always have a plan!" shouted Mill bravely, yet at the same time swearing violently in his head. "First thing's first... Well..." mumbled Mill as he frantically dug through his folder, "... This!" Mill, completely out of rhythm, grabbed a random chip and slammed it into his PET. The two siblings stared at the computer screen in anticipation, waiting for... a Windbox that appeared in front of Magna.

"Yes, the Windbox! Since Magna's processing power dipped down a bit, the best thing to do is provide a defense to keep the viruses at bay and prevent an opportunity attack!" explained Mill, pulling each and every word out of nowhere one at a time.

"Oh... That makes a lot of sense! Way to go, Mill!" cheered Lilia. Way to go, indeed. Someone, somewhere, is applauding your bullcrap, Mill.

Thankfully, that first move put Mill's mind back on track, and he was able to think up proper a second move. "The Windbox should provide good enough defense, so... an attack. Between the two types... the Billys are the greatest threat. Magna's already dazed; he doesn't need to get stunned on top of that. Let's see how they can handle this..." Having reached a (seemingly) logical conclusion, Mill slotted in his Fireburn1 chip. The flamethrower materialized on Magna's hand effortlessly. "You got all that, Magna?"

"RogEr." responded Magna. Well... at least his mind seems in good shape. Standing behind the Windbox, Magna lit the flamethower, feeding the fire into the wind and launching towards the pack of Billys.

Actions:
1. FISSION MAILED.
2. Wind (100 HP object, Wind Effect) @ All
3. Fireburn1 (50 damage, Fire, Line Attack) @ BillyA/BillyB/BillyC
(2-day cry for attention.)
Magna's quick thinking knocks the Billys off their feet, but the Armadills are made of sterner stuff, and don't budge an inch!

Curling into an iron juggernaut, one of the Armadills rams forward! There's a sickening crunch as it plows right through the Windbox, leaving a debris storm where the turbine has been. Magna, who was busily torching a pair of Billys, is stunned at the sight and gets roughly bashed aside!

The remaining Billy pauses to gather itself, looking at its fallen comrades--it settles into a furious rage!

As the first Armadill returns to its original position, the second one prepares to charge!

ArmadillA: 100HP
ArmadillB: 100HP (RAMMING SPEED, CAPTAIN!)
BillyA: BURNINATED
BillyB: BURNINATED
BillyC: 50HP (RAGE!)

Windbox: CRUNCH'D

Magna.exe: 100HP

The plan was going well. The Windbox was keeping the viruses at bay and feeding the flames from Magna's Fireburn1. This Billy roast would have been finished if Magna didn't look down... The Windbox wasn't there any more. What little debris left of it was caught up in it's last drafts of wind and spit up at the charred corpses of the Billy. Instead of his friendly object doing its job, there was a rapidly spinning metal wheel bursting out of it. That... can't be good. And boy howdy, Mill's design tastes weren't about to help. The inclined form of the Navi's base served as a damn good ramp for the Armadill to roll straight up Magna's body and mow over Magna's face before rebounding back to its starting position.

Naturally, having an metal-plated armadillo grind its way up your face was less than comfortable for Magna, who promptly fell back onto the ground after the Armadill kicked itself away. As Magna's large body lay still on the ground, Mill could only gape at the computer screen as his plan fell apart. Utterly ridiculous. That's the only thing that ran through Mill's mind at this sight.

"Um... Mill? Is Magna alright...?" asked Lilia, breaking the silence as she was a little worried about her brother's silence.

"Oh, uh, let's see..." muttered Mill, snapping back to reality at the question. "... Shit! That one attack knocked off almost 50% of Magna's energy! What is such a powerful virus doing so close to a jack-in point?!" Clearly ticked off, Mill began looking around the battlefield to get an idea of what was happening.

"Can he still move alright?" questioned Lilia again, concerned for the well-being of Magna.

"Yeah, none of the drivers or core programs were damaged. It was all superfic...ial... Oh crap." Mill had just locked his eyes on the survivor of the Billy Barbeque, and boy was that virus pissed. Damn that Armadill cutting my strategy short... I've never seen an enraged virus in action. I have no idea what it's capable of. I can't risk it. It needs to die. NOW.

"Magna! Preemptive strike! Shotgun, target BillyC!" commanded Mill hastily, summarizing his orders in as few words as possible as he uploaded the named Battlechip.

Magna, still on the ground, acknowledged the orders and his right hand morphed into the familiar weapon. Not even bothering to get up, Magna locked in on his target and fired, burning a trail onto the ground as the projectile energy propelled towards the angry Billy.

"... Mill! The other Armadill is moving!" announced Lilia, helping her brother who was too focused on the current attack to notice.

"Eh?! Magna, get up and prepare to evade!" shouted Mill, giving a quick nod to his sister as a sign of thanks.

"... Requesting confrontation, Operator." said Magna as he pushed himself back up, his voice back to normal by now.

"What?!" exclaimed Mill, baffled by his own Navi's audacity. Then it clicked. "... You want revenge, don't you?"

"Correct."

"... Think you can stop that Armadill from spinning, Magna?"

"... While the target possesses Breaking capacity, data suggests that my own Breaking capacity can possibly withstand and overturn an attack if fully activated." answered Magna, running some quick calculations in his mind.

Sighing, Mill said, "... Alright, permission granted. If you're going to do this, though, it'll be with the right gear." With a click, the hapless operator slotted in his RageClaw chip. Magna's fingers quickly morphed into sharp metal claws, prompting him to give them a little flex to adjust.

"All systems optimal." reported Magna, satisfied with his armaments.

"Alright then... Attack!" ordered Mill, starting to get exicted by his Navi's bravado. Not needing to hear anything else, Magna burst forward. Who knows if the Armadill, who was currently spinning in place to build up speed, could even see the metal goliath charging toward it, but in a few moments, that wouldn't matter. Magna stretched his bladed hand forward, diverting any and all extra processing power to empower the weapon with Breaking power, ready to grip the rotating virus and bring it to a halt. Only time would tell the results and Mill and Lilia braced for the impending screech of metal grinding against metal as they kept their eyes out for any suprise attacks against Magna...

1. Shotgun (50 damage, splash) @ BillyC
-Smash: Add Break to:
2. RageClaw (20 damage, Impact, Break) @ ArmadillB (Try to stop it from attacking)/Throw ArmadillB into ArmadillA
3. Dodge
Magna makes short work of the Billy, and then furiously tosses the charging Armadill into the other, dealing some damage, and stopping its attack! The other Armadill, however, starts to charge.

ArmadillA: 80HP (IMMAH CHARGING MAH TACKLE)
ArmadillB: 80HP
BillyC: EATING LEAD

Magna.exe: 100HP

(Do I still have the RageClaw?)

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECH*

That horrid noise ripped across the battlefield as Magna's bladed hand collided with the spinning Armadill. It continued on and on as the two pushed against each other with all their strength, with sparks flying in every direction as the Armadill's shell dug into Magna's hand. With a furious yell, Magna shoved all his weight into a final push, and...

"ARGH! Shut that thing up already!"

Mill and Lilia both jumped at the outburst, then came to realize that the screeching was blaring through the computer's speakers and echoing throughout the Netcafe. The siblings quickly offered an apology to the other patrons, turned the volume down, and focused their attention back on Magna's attack...

*SCREEEEEeeeech...*

Magna's claws finally began sinking into the Armadill's shell, causing it to grind to a halt. Having stopped the potential attack, Magna dug his claws even deeper into the Armadill's shell, giving him enough leverage to pick it up. Then, with a massive heave, Magna threw the balled-up virus at its brethren like a metallic death frisbee. The pair crashed into each other, doing minor damage to both of them. Shaking it off, the other Armadill then wrapped itself up and began its own rotation...

"..." Magna stared at it for a second before turning towards the window to the real world, looking for an order from his operator.

"... Like hell are we going through that again." grunted Mill, his ears still ringing from earlier. Considering that the Armadills were the only thing left, Mill said, "Just finish off the one from before and dodge the other".

Magna's left hand suddenly bursted into flames, curtosy of Mill slotting in a FireHit1. The Navi then lurched forward, going after the Armadill he threw before extending his flaming arm. Instead of punching as usual, the shutter on Magna's palm spun open as he tried to grab onto the virus and suck its data out with the Shutter Vacuum. Of course, with his hand still on fire, , the chances were pretty good that the poor Armadill was in for a lot of pain. Not taking too long with this, Magna then made sure to try and jump out of the way of the other virus's impending attack.

Actions:
1-2. Firehit1 (60 damage, Fire)/Shutter Vacuum (40 Life drain, -15 HP sacrifice) @ ArmadillB
3. Dodge
(Bump.)
Magna's successful combination of burning agony and life-sucking torture ensures that the Armadil is successfully wasted. The other Armadil, on the other hand, finishes CHARGIN HIS TACKLE, LAWL, and starts speedings towards Magna. The giant metal golem, however, manages to get out of the way, but slips on a magnetic panel and starts moving wildly. Getting out may be a bother.

ArmadillA: 80HP
ArmadillB: OH THE AGONY

Magna.exe: 120HP (on Magnetic Terrain, -1 Action)

(Forgot to add Shutter Vacuum's healing part. 120 HP, FYI. Now, cleanup post go!)

Magna managed to slip past the Armadill's attack, but along with that came a Magnet panel just like the one that got Magna into this mess in the first place. As his metallic body was pulled in by the magnetic force, Magna lost his balance and crashed face-first to the ground with all the grace of a rhino on roller skates.

Mill sighed at his Navi's gracelessness, muttering, "Who the hell thought it was a good idea to design this Net with magnetic terrain...?" Shaking off that thought, Mill dug through his chip folder to find something to finish this battle. He glanced up for a moment to see his Navi fumbling around, getting shoved back to the ground every time he tried to get up. Grumbling, Mill said, "Just stay down, Magna. You just can't deal well with Magnet panels. I'll send you some ranged chips to finish this."

Magna's body then surged with chip energy as his arms were infused with Cannon and Pulsar1 data. Not wasting any time, Magna fired off both weapons, attempting to wipe that last Armadill off the face of the Net.

Actions:
1. MAGNET'D
2. Pulsar1 (70 damage, Object Triggered Splash 8) @ ArmadillA
3. Cannon (40 damage) @ ArmadillA
The Armadil's non-existant ears explode from the Pulsar's insanely high frequency before the Cannon simply obliterates it.

ArmadillA: POOF
ArmadillB: OH THE AGONY

Magna.exe: 120HP

-OUTCOME DETERMINED-
Rewards: 630z
"Glad that's over..." sighed Mill. "Well, since that's done, you can go ahead and jack o-"

"MILL!" shouted Lilia angrily. "You're looking for my Navi, remember?!"

"Oh, right..."

(Battle 2 Start)
(Bump.)
No navis yet....
But the ever present viruses are there.

SwordyA: 60 HP
SwordyB: 60 HP
Momogra: 60 HP
CactyA: 70 HP
CactyB: 70 HP
Octon: 120 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

Magna.exe: 120 HP

-BATTLE 2, GO!-
Magna's venture led him into another group of viruses, which wasn't really suprising. What did catch Mill offguard, however, was what made up the group.

"Kinda weird to see such a diverse pack this early on the Net... Swordys are always a challenge... Catcys are... Wood element? Yeah. So that means that my Fire chips will have some good use here. What else?" muttered Mill quietly to himself, trying to make heads or tails of what Magna should do.

"Is that... a hole in the ground?" asked Lilia, confused by this strange feature. She pointed it out on the screen to her brother, who hadn't seen it before that.

"Huh... You're right. I don't think I've ever seen something like that... Could there be a virus in there?" questioned Mill, throwing his question out to no one in particular.

"Scans indicate that virus presence is 97% likely." answered Magna flatly.

Mill nodded, saying, "Well, whatever's in there will probably show itself soon enough. Now, all that's left is... Wait, what the hell is that?!" Mill's attention had turned to the Octon, who was giving a menacing glare in Magna's direction.

"It looks an big octopus... spider... thing." announced Lilia, who had no idea what she was looking at. After staring at it for a second, she backed away from the computer screen and turned towards her brother, expecting an answer.

"This... I don't even know. I haven't even seen any mention of this thing on the BBS before. Maybe... it's some kind of rare virus? If it is... maybe I could end up getting a good chip out of this." said Mill, his mouth curling up into a grin as he started to get excited at the prospects of a rare chip.

"Orders, Operator? The viruses are becoming tense."

Magna's outburst snapped Mill out of his little fantasy, causing him to cough awkwardly before responding. "Well... Since there are a few things we still don't know, the best thing we can do right now is just to thin out the enemy ranks. The Catcys should go down quickly to a Fire attack, and we know what to expect from the Swordys, so they're your targets." With his strategy laid out, Mill slotted in two Battlechips and let Magna spring into action.

The Navi burst forward into the group of viruses, letting his arm morph into a flamethrower as he came to a halt in front of the pair of Cactys. With a click, the weapon ignited, sending a blast of fire straight towards the plant viruses. Magna then twisted his body around as his free fist caught ablaze, creating some extra momentum to send his burning hand plummeting towards the nearest Swordy's face. Having made his strikes, Magna then jumped backwards, trying to escape the pack before they decided to strike back.

Actions:
1. Fireburn1 (50 x2 damage, Fire, Line Attack) @ CactyA/CactyB
2. Firehit1 (60 damage, Fire) @ SwordyA
3. Dodge
The Cactys, being stuck to the ground and completely immobile, were easily crispy-fried by the Fireburn. The Swordy meets a similar fate, getting smashed in the face with Magna's burning fist.

The second Swordy then slashes at him, but misses as the massive Navi dashes backwards. The Octon doesn't directly attack, but instead exhales sharply, creating a large blue ball with a big angry face drawn on it. The bubble started following Magna ever so slowly, changing direction with him.

May wanna eliminate the threat ASAP, Houston.

SwordyA: FRIED
SwordyB: 60 HP
Momogra: 60 HP
CactyA: TORCHED
CactyB: BURNINATED
Octon: 120 HP

(Roger that. Requesting conformation of bubble object's HP. Houston over.)

"A... bubble?" asked Mill, confused. What kind of rare virus attacks with a freakin' bubble?!

"Actually... It looks more like a balloon to me." corrected Lilia.

"Agreed. The object is most likely a balloon." nodded Magna.

"..."

Mill's face snapped into an irritated look as he was just ganged up on by his own sister and Navi. Grunting, Mill just gave up, saying, "Whatever! That virus created it, so it can't be good! Magna! Go attack the Swordy to evade the bubble!"

Obeying his Operator's orders, Magna blasted up into the air, flying in a sharp arc as he eventually crashed back down to the ground... Right where the surviving Swordy was standing. With that out of the way, Magna turned to see what the bubble/balloon was doing. Much to his and everyone's suprise, it had turned around and kept floating slowly towards the purple Navi.

"It's homing?!" shouted Mill in suprise. That only leaves me with one option... "Magna! Destroy..."

"Wait!" yelled Lilia. "It's gotta be a trap! Why else would an attack move so slowly?!"

"... That's a good point." said Mill flatly, embarassed to have been bested by his little sister in Netbattling know-how. "Well then... What to do?"

"The hole anomoly is with attack radius, Operator." reported Magna, turning his head to look at the hole only a few feet away.

"Ah, right... I had forgotten about that..." muttered Mill, taking a moment to glance at the mysterious hole in question. "Well... I kinda doubt that some of our attacks will work on whatever's down there. These gun chips probably won't be able to get down that hole without alerting whatever's down there. Hmm..."

"How about if Magna just rolls something in?" suggested Lilia.

"... What?" blurted Mill, caught off guard by the suggestion.

Lilia took a deep breath, then began: "Back on the school trip, I saw this movie on TV one night... It was about this really cool art thief! He would leave warnings about his crimes before he committed them! During one robbery, he had already invaded the museum disguised as a guard before walking up to the gem he was trying to take. He rolled a smoke grenade up to the guards in the room without them noticing, then pounced as soon as it exploded and got away with the goods! It was so cool!" Having finished her explanation, Lilia took in another deep breath.

How cliched... Shaking off that thought, Mill asked, "And just what does this have to do with the battle?"

"The smoke grenade, Mill!" answered Lilia forcefully. "The thief tossed it out without anyone noticing, so Magna could too! You have something like a grenade, right?"

Mill flipped quickly through his folder before stumbling on a certain chip. "Yeah... I've got this Minibomb. I guess we could try it. Incoming chip, Magna."

A stream of data then flowed down into Magna's hand and swirled together into the form of a Minibomb. Magna then gently laid the explosive on the ground before giving it a slight push, causing it to start rolling towards the hole. Will it be a hole-in-one, or...? Rather than waiting to find out, Magna turned to see the bubble/balloon inching closer to him.

"Since we're assuming its a trap of some sort, how is Magna supposed to get rid of it?" asked Mill, directing the question more to himself than anyone else. The siblings pondered this for a moment before Mill got an idea. He quickly pulled one last chip out of his folder and slotted it into his PET. Rather than forming around Magna, the fresh data piled up in front of him, compiling together until the form of a Windbox had appeared. "Rather than taking a risk in attacking, we just need it to stop chasing Magna. That's why this Windbox should blow the bubble away!" announced Mill confidently.

"It's a balloon, already!" yelled Lilia.

Actions:
1. Piston Dive (60 damage, 2TCD) @ SwordyB
2. Minibomb (60 damage) @ Momogra
3. Wind (100 HP object, Wind effect) focused on Octon's balloon
The Piston Dive successfully pile drived the Swordy into the ground, sending particles of data flying from underneath Magna's massive piston-foot. The Momogra poked it's strange head out from it's hole to determine what it had been that had made such a crash, only to balk as it saw a Minibomb rolling right towards it. Needless to say, it exploded, sending a shovel flying into the air.

The Wind, on the other hand, didn't deter the Balloon at all. Further scans showed that it would be a bit hard to destroy in a hurry. It was also getting a bit too close to Magna for comfort.

SwordyA: FRIED
SwordyB: CRUNCHED
Momogra: EXPLODED
CactyA: TORCHED
CactyB: BURNINATED
Octon: 120

Balloon: 200 (1 turn until boom)

Windbox: 100

(You forgot the Windbox's HP, although I guess it really doesn't matter at this point. <__<)

Magna leaned back, starting to get a little nervous at the balloon that was constantly pursuing him. "Operator... The addition of wind has had a negligible effect on the balloon..."

"Eh?! Just what is that thing made of...?" questioned Mill confusedly.

"It looks like its been growing, too... Do you think it's going to explode or something?" wondered Lilia.

"Shi... You're probably right! Magna, I'm sending you some chips, so go on the full offensive! Delete that virus before the balloon explodes!" ordered Mill anxiously.

Accepting his Operator's commands, Magna rushed forward before the chip data even reached him, flying past the balloon and straight towards the Octon behind it all. Magna's base slammed into the ground just before he crashed into virus, causing his massive body to lurch to a halt suddenly a mere few feet in front of the large octopus variant. Just as he re-established his balance, the chip data caught up to Magna and entwined around his arms, infusing them with Shotgun and Pulsar1 energy. Thrusting his arms forward, they transformed into their respective weapons before they locked on to the immediate target.

"All conditions have been cleared. Commencing deletion in 3... 2... 1..." The end of Magna's countdown was muffled by a loud explosion as the pair of weapons erupted in a burst of energy that coursed towards the Octon...

Actions:
1. Evade Balloon/Charge Octon (Tactical Movement)
2. Shotgun (50 damage, splash) @ Octon
3. Pulsar1 (70 damage, Object Triggered Splash 8) @ Octon