Save the Hospital! Group One <EVENT>

Lavaman awkwardly carried the pink present under his arm, colliding with his maroon armour a lot. Finally he resorted to amusing himself trying to carry it on his head.

"Lavaman," said Rafael, his head appearing on-screen. "I wrote a quick program for you, it'll give the present wheels so you can carry it along with some rope tied to your armour."

"Are you saying I can't code?" replied Lavaman indignantly.

"Pretty much. I'm sendiong it to you now."

The wheels popped onto the bottom of the pink present, exploding from the floor, and a bright yellow rope appeared from nowhere, attaching itself to the back of his platelegs. Lavaman put the present down and continued walking, mumbling to himself.
- Why couldn't you make something like that?

The question didn't receive an answer for an extended period of time. There were some "munching" sounds heard before the voice of Sieg entered cyberspace.

- Hmmm? Sorry wasn't paying attention...
- Couldn't you code a cart?
- Must be some static distur-krshsks-ban-krshshskrsha-ce. Krshskrshskrsh. Krsh. Repeat please.
- Very funny...
- Seriously, say it again. It sounded like you asked for help. But that can't possibly be the case as you've just said a few moments ago to not to interfere with your matters...
- I was curious if you could make a cart, thats all.
There was a slight pause in the conversation while the operator considered his choices.
-Yes, yes... I could.

The pair remained silent as Valkyrie continued to walk in a pace that was suitable for her companions.

-... Well?
- "Well" what?
- Make a damn cart!
- I thought you didn't ask for it...
- Make. A. Friggin. Cart.
- Ask politely...
- Pl... ple...- There were sweat drops under the helmet of Valkyrie for the second time today. This time not from the physical, more so because of the mental stress. But it seems that she finally made up her mind:-...pleaeaea... screw this! Its not like pulling a cart that YOU code would be easier.
- Oh well. Saves me some work.
- Good.

The duo (or ,to be exact, the angrier half of it) continued its journey into the net...

- You know... I could store it here. You don't even have to carry it.
- What do you mean?
-This.

The packages in that the warrior navi was holding was enveloped in light, similar to how she traveled between links, portals, and of course, the net and the personal terminal. It disappeared fragment by fragment, leaving nothing behind in the end.

- Wow...
- Think smart, work... the least as possible. My motto. I know, it is nowhere near as elegant as our companions...

As the trio continues to follow their map, they are syphoned into a smaller alleyway of the town. As they walk down the dank alleyway, the path from which they entered is blocked by a row of viruses! the path before them is quickly filled with more bugs and the group is trapped!

<FRONT>
LarkA 100HP
LarkB 100HP
LarkC 100HP
BillyA 50HP
BillyB 50HP
BillyC 50HP

<BACK>
CactyA 70HP
CactyB 70HP
CactyC 70HP
MetEXA 70HP
MetEXB 70HP
MetEXC 70HP

Lavaman 60HP
Valkyrie 120HP
Teethman 100HP

<(At the end of each post, state which direction your navi is facing, front or back )>
[You hate us, don't you?]

Lavaman realises he is trapped and unhooks the present from his back, laying it next to a rubbish bin. Rafael whispered a few things to him, but Lavaman wasn't listening.

"Don't rush. Be careful. We can beat them if we stay calm."

By this time, Lavaman had jumped onto one of the walls of the alleyway, rocketed off it, grabbed onto a ladder suspended on the other side and surveyed the virii. Eventually he made his decision, and launched himself towards the nearest Billy. As he neared the ground he put out his sword, firing at it like a deadly rocket. As his head neared the ground he rolled forward and struck out at the next Billy, then backflipped towards his package, ready for an attack.

[Summary:
Sword at BillyA (80)
Sword at BillyB (40)
Dodge
Facing the Back]
<(Nope, exact same group for everyone )>
A group of virii... no, better yet, two groups of virii! Its time for battle! Where she faces all dangers alone, not having to care about anything but herself and her enemies...

- Virii? Again? ...Guard the chips, let your allies will take care of the virii.
- Do you enjoy ruining my fun?
- This is too big for you to handle...
- That is exactly why I am going try and beat them.
- You know, I knew you'd say this...

A barrier appeared in front of Valkyrie as Sieg used a Guard chip to to block the narrow alley, cutting her off from the virii, and defending their back in the meantime.

- ...and thought that you won't have anything about facing only half at a time, right?
- Clever. You have made it look like you are using strategy, while in reality, you just like to control my actions.
- Do you know how much repairing a deleted navi costs?
- Do you know how I don't care about your personal problems?

Done with the idle chitchat, the female navi prepared to face her foes. They were fairly close, close enough so that she didn't have to take more than a few steps to get next to the Larks. While reaching her foes, a blade formed on her right, blazing with the oh-so-familiar blue light, while her left transformed into a gruesome claw, ready to tear apart any virii she encounters. She took a few quick steps to close the small gap between them, while raising the transformed left arm to slash at her target. Bones will break... or not, since virii doesn't seem to have bones. Takes a bit of the fun away, not being able to hear the crackling of bones, but hey, you gotta work with what you've got. But the fact that they don't have blood either, IS a bit disappointing. Oh well. Then she has to find a way to spice things up a little.

She brought the claws down at the lark, but instead of simply slashing it to shreds, she clenched her fist upon impact. Trying to get a steady hold on the virii, she turned around, swinging the arm behind her, then bringing it down on another one of the larks, attempting to crush them with each-other. Then, without a moments delay, she thrust forward with her sword, aiming to impale the bird. The blue light lit her helmet, revealing her girm smile, that was covered under shadows. Its payback time.

[Actions
1. use Guard, block back
2. RageClaw(20x2) LarkA into LarkB
3. Sword(80) LarkA
+ Sword dance dodge
Facing front]
"The bugs appear toward possess us encroaching," Teethman commented nervously. He saw that his improvised 'friends' had jumped forward to the battle at the front; he turned his own attention behind to the menacing group of supercharged Metools and and thorny Cacty, recalling the unappealing prick of thorns in his teeth as a stale memory from his glory days. "Fine, I may simply presume that because my comrades are tending with the foes at the main, they need like me to mess with the behind. Hal, may I acquire-" the Navi's sentence was stopped short, as he saw his operator fallen asleep and snoring at his breakfast table. The lack of sleep from the prior night seemed to have taken its toll on the eighteen-year old. "Hal!" Teethman called with urgency, "present is never quite the moment!"

Hal suddenly bolted upright, returning to his senses. "Oh, man! Did I fall asleep in the middle of an operation? The last thing I remember is that Lava guy with his platform thing... viruses, huh?"

Teethman nodded with a bit of impatience, giving dry silence to the inquiry.

"Eherm... well, looks like you're taking the back," Hal said, scratching the back of his head and raising an eyebrow. "Now, dealing with these guys, the only elemental advantage we can take is against the Cacty type, and the only chip we have to do that with is Heatshot. I'm going to upload that first, but know that this might prove to be a kind of tricky fight: you're going to be working off of your own strength more than my help."

"Fine, so wide as you proceed toward slotting snacks, I shall get concern of the remainder," Teethman replied, turning his back to his allies and trusting them to take care of attacks from behind. In preparation, his arm blocks began shifting as usual. They took on the stacked form necessary for a gun, including the pipe running to his rocket-propelling backpack that would provide fuel for his fiery shot. Hopefully, the Heatshot would be clear out some of the shrubbery, but that was all he could expect as a handout this match. Raising his right arm, which had already begun to burn hotter than before, he leveled the flaming shot with the shivering mass of greenery and thorns and released a fireball that blazed through the alleyway. Instead of allowing the blocks to reclaim their normal arm position, Teethman skipped the middleman and simply began releasing his arm blocks as they were, the tube-like extension withdrawing as the lasers began to charge on the detached appendages. Finally, the six pieces released a laser that tore through the air in a steady line, aiming to blast a MetoolEX off of the Net.

Feeling the alley was too cramped of a distance for him to use his tumbling manner of dodging anyway, for now Teethman would rely on his shield to protect himself. As the arms snapped back into position, they began to whirl and elongate in their familiar fashion. Soon, they had claimed the rectangular shape necessary to protect every square of his front: now, he only hoped his allies had taken care of the attacks from behind.

Heatshot to CactyA [40 + 10 (UP boost) x 2 = 100, splash]
Sparkling Whites to MetEXA [70]
Shield

[Facing back]
The virii are attacked by the navis they have surrounded, damaging and deleting many of them around as they try to dodge. A lark and two billies are torn down as Two cacty's are burnt down and a metool blown away by orthodontic goodness. As the virii retailate, a lark fires a blast at Lavaman, but luckily, he dodges. As a billy launches a shot at Valkyrie, Teethman brings up a shield, covering her back. Seeing that the virii had been blocked, she manages to pull her shield around in time to rebound a shockwave aimed at lavaman, and dodge another of her own. However, the cacty finds it's target, slamming into lavaman, while the remaining lark blasts Valkyrie.

<FRONT>
LarkA DELETED
LarkB 100HP
LarkC 100HP
BillyA DELETED
BillyB DELETED
BillyC 50HP

<BACK>
CactyA DELETED
CactyB 70HP
CactyC DELETED
MetEXA DELETED
MetEXB 30HP
MetEXC 70HP

Lavaman 40HP
Valkyrie 100HP
Teethman 100HP
[ You are so nasteh, I'm gonna have to jack him out if this gets too hairy. AND LAVAMAN HAS A CAPITAL L! ]

"Ah -" here, Rafael put in a censorship program resulting in a beep which blocked out Lavaman's word. "That f-beeeeeeep- hurts!"

"Deal with it," came Rafael's head. "One more hit and I'm pulling you out."

"Ugh... I am so infecting your toaster."

Rafael advised Lavaman what he should do this time around to play it safe.

"A little birdy told me," he started. "That you can pump out more each time. We've been underestimating your power."

"You're joking!" said Lavaman. "Dammit! Beeeeep." Rafael hit the button too late.

"So, go full on, and then I'll tell you what to do."

"Yes, mother."

"You don't have a mother."

"Shut up."

Lavaman rotated his shoulders and cracked his neck, then launched himself at LarkB. Using his momentum, he jumped forward so that he was like a missile, but rather than just have his sword out, both his hands were straightened as if he was diving. Technically it was the same technique, though. He swung with his sword in a downward motion, then used the tip once it had hit the ground to fly himself into the air.

He came down like a rocket, striking out with his Sword once more. When he hit the ground he was already in a rolling motion, so he rolled onto his feet and jumped backwards, so now he was diving but face-up. The Sword was once again out in front, flying maniacally. He put his hand on the Rageclaw on it to the ground, and used sheer upper body strength to flip through the air and land next to Valkyrie. Sweating, he poised himself ready to dodge.

[Summary:
Sword at LarkB (80)
Sword at LarkB (80)
Sword at LarkB (80)
Dodge
Facing Back]

[ Credit to Knight for telling me about the uber Sword Type Navi 2 Melee and you get a free Dodge thingo ]
"Fares all decent?" Teethman asked his allies, taking a glance around him as the shield on his arm began to spin back into place as it discharged the electricity it had absorbed in the attack. He was surprised to find what an offensive the enemy had put up, but then again there was no reason he shouldn't have expected it. The Navi could tell his allies had been dealt a less favorable card, however, and he felt it was now his duty to get in on the action to end this. There would only be so much he could do to prevent attacks with his shield: the wisest idea was to get in there and finish it. With a proper offensive, the team could probably quell the remaining forces in a minutes' time, assuming they could stand up to enemy retaliation during that frame.

"All right, Teeth, I'm counting on you to get in there and make this one count. Fighting on a distance gives us a higher chance of letting missed attacks bypass us and hit our allies. Let's take the fight to them, and take control of the action," Hal told his Navi, slotting in chips for Teethman to use. He had to force fire into his words, he knew, as his tightly clenched fist shook from the tired support of his arm rested on the table. "I'm sending you two chips. Take down the remaining Metools now, and leave the rest to your allies."

"I lay onto it," Teethman responded, already shifting his right arm into the tubular shape that signified a coming weapon. The end skin faded to reveal a metal plate from which five nozzles extended. He took aim at one virus and began moving in as the barrel began to rotate, releasing a short spray of fire as the bullets clinked off onto the floor of the Net. Already closing in, Teethman two of the gun tips retract as the remaining three aligned horizontally and extended. Soon, the arm had taken a claw form, and the Navi flexed his arm experimentally as he continued his lunge. "Heading toward you!" he yelled as he dove in for the Metool that had endured his gunfire, attempting to ball his fingers around the edge of the round hardhat. Though the fingers responded mechanically, he couldn't actually get any feeling in them: he had relinquished that without regrets long ago when he accepted his new high-tech form. Still, the intensity in his chest told gave him assurance as he threw a devastating pitch of whatever he had gotten in his clutches toward the injured target.

With his throw accomplished, Teethman's arm began to shift as his rocket-backpack released a burst of jet-fire. His legs had left the ground and he took a striding backstep, attempting to dodge oncoming attacks and get a better view of the action. Were his allies able to clean up, and had they taken care of themselves?

Vulcan2 to MetEXC [10x5]
Rageclaw MetEXC to MetEXB [20 , 20 + 10 UPBoost]
Dodge
"Fares all decent?" Valkyrie was slowly getting the hang of to the strange figure of speech "Teeth" was using. Anyway, he seems like reliable meatshield for the time being. Lavaman on the other hand... well, there isn't much left anyway. These are just a bunch virii after all, and they are group of... "warriors". Yeah. They are warriors. At least, she certainly is. The blast that the lark fired at her, didn't hurt too much. It did damage the armor, but the protective gear also reduced the damage by quite a lot. All in all, Valkyrie was in a perfect shape for homicide.

- That Lavaguy.. you should help him. If he dies, we loose part of the data we are transmitting, and the mission fails.
- When will you learn that...- She raised the sword to point at her next target, the lark that was lucky enough to land a shot.
- Best defense is offense!

She let out a bone chilling battlecry, charging at the lark to get in range for her sword. However,, while on her way, she got a better idea; instead of striking with the sword, she lashed out with her claws, trying to impale the lark. But she didn't stop here. She thought about how good is that she is not an angel. Is this even possible with wings? She grabbed on to the lark holding it with the massive strength that chip granted her, then activated the jets on her back. The virii was dragged on the ground till the destination, where Valkyrie raised it above her head, and tried to smash the Billy into pieces with it, using all the power of the screwed up cavalry charge.

'Now all that is left is to clean the mess... good that I kept the sword' She swept at the lark, bringing down the sword with a blatant, very unoriginal downwards slash. She was pretty sure that there was nothing left to fear, and turned around to face the remaining virii, that Teethman handled alone so far...

[Actions
Valkyrie Ride
Rageclaw LarkC(20) into BillyC(20+40)
Sword LarkC
Sword dance dodge
Facing front]
The navis charge the viruses that remain, slashing and throwing the viruses around the arena with blades and claws. Various empowerments flow into their weapons as they assault the lines, the only cannon shots fired tear down the last one. The remaining Cacty attacks, missing horridly.

<FRONT>
LarkA DELETED
LarkB DELETED
LarkC DELETED
BillyA DELETED
BillyB DELETED
BillyC DELETED

<BACK>
CactyA DELETED
CactyB 70HP
CactyC DELETED
MetEXA DELETED
MetEXB DELETED
MetEXC DELETED

Lavaman 40HP
Valkyrie 100HP
Teethman 100HP
[That's cause we ROCK]
"Do I have to...?"

"Yes, Lavaman."

"But I don't feel like it."

"Does it look like I care? Use your Rageclaw, if you don't feel like it."

"Hmph."

Lavaman hesitated, then raised the arm with the Rageclaw on it. Two red-hot, glowing arms sprang from the ground and attempted to strangle the poor CactyB to the ground.

"Happy?"

"No."

"Too bad."

[Summary:
Lavabind at CactyB (40) (Bind)
Blank
Blank
Facing Back]
(Krak, fire deals double to Cacty. I dunno what you have wanted us to do with it, but you have killed it regardless XD)

The battle is over, for the most part. There is only one virii left, but it is about to catch fire from Lavamans' attack. Valkyrie was satisfied with herself. He bashed a lot of skulls (or whatever the virii have... ) and didn't even receive more than mere scratches. Teeth was also in good shape, and he was a useful companion. Lavaman.... while he did great deal of damage, he seems to be more of a rookie than she originally thought. Caught up in the battle, he didn't stop fighting a foe that was already done for, wasting precious moments. He also didn't take advantage of his elemental property, and received some many hits. Well, he fought valiantly and thats all what counts, and he is needed for the mission. So...

- Sieg, send me the recov.

She was feeling a surge of energy, as the chip data loaded into her RAM. It was tempting to take it for herself, but... She placed her hand on the shoulder of Lavaman and channeled the healing power of the chip into her ally.

- Don't get this wrong, I only need you to finish this. Learn to take care of yourself.

The shame of getting helped by someone should be enough punishment for his hasty actions. For now at least. Valkyrie vowed to search for him personally, and kick his cyber ass into tiny bits of data, should he fail.

And that cacty was still moving around... just in case, she readied her blade to finish it off. If Lavamans attack didn't burn him into crisp, that would be an epic fail, but whatever.

[actions:
1 Recov10 Lavaman
2 Finish off CactyB(80) with sword if needed
3...]

Teethman relaxed, allowing his arms to slowly shift back into place. He could see that his allies were already taking care of themselves very nicely, and even seemed to be on the verge of getting along and not going crazy for once. On top of that, only one virus had survived their combined onslaught. The Navi nodded in satisfaction, taking a seat cross-legged on the ground: now he would just stay out of the way until-

"Teeth!" Hal told his Navi. "There's still a virus left, we don't have time to sit around!" the operator raved, blowing his Navi's laid-back approach out of proportion. "Your allies are still up and at it. Get your shield ready to defend them if they need it!"

Teethman sighed, rising to his feet. He knew that the Navis would have no need for defense against one bound virus, and they probably wouldn't even appreciate the extension of the effort of protection... still, Hal had a point. As long as his allies were at it, there was no time for him to rest. The Navi allowed his arms to shift into the familiar wide and square form, preparing himself to jump to a Navi's defense if need be...

Was this trip really necessary?

-Discern situation
-Shield
-Defend attacked ally
The final cacty is deleted by the flaming ring! As Lavaman is restored, they all see the path before them is opened!<FRONT>
LarkA DELETED
LarkB DELETED
LarkC DELETED
BillyA DELETED
BillyB DELETED
BillyC DELETED

<BACK>
CactyA DELETED
CactyB DELETED
CactyC DELETED
MetEXA DELETED
MetEXB DELETED
MetEXC DELETED

Lavaman 50HP
Valkyrie 100HP
Teethman 100HP

VICTORY!

Reward: 600z
Clumsily tying the coded cart back onto his armor, which was made harder by the fact he had a sword and a claw to work with, Lavaman walked forwards towards their destination. Rafael's face appeared, and spoke.

"You should've heard the chick. She said you attacked dead things."

"I don't really mind."

"Maybe it would increase our rate of winning when you attack ALIVE things."

"Alive things can be killed after dead things are definitely dead."

"But dead things don't need killing."

"Shut up."

"Do you want me to erase the code for that thing?"

"Just because I'm digital doesn't mean that non-digital things don't have ears. I said shut up."

"I'm not following."

"Ugh!"
Teethman sighed, letting his arms rotate out of their positions. He knew that Hal was harboring good intentions, but there was no point on expending energy on little things like that. He turned toward his allies, seeing that they seemed to have had no trouble deleting the remaining virus. He walked over and scooped up his portion of the reward money: he could tell they were as tired of carrying the packages around as he was, but still he would continue on.

"Well, there's not much to say as of now," Hal admitted, pulling out a sheet of paper and beginning to scribble figures and doodles as he waited. "Remember what we're here for... this is about more than you or me, or the team. This is about the people of the Net we've sworn our service to."

"Correct... correct..." Teethman muttered, picking up his feet and continuing along the trail. "Leave us view him voice that whilst he is lugging this object through the Network," the Navi mumbled under his breath as he walked on.
Good, the rookie finished off the remaining virii. Now she can continue with this assortment. The hospital shouldn't be too far off from their position, and then, she'd be finally free to go, wherever that idiot takes her. Whatever, as long as there are virii like this, standing in her way, she'll be fine. Valkyrie couldn't wait for her next battle... some woman are just insatiable. Still, this was supposed to be a boring delivery mission, and they had two battles already, one of them being an ambush. It was just about time for...

- Something smells fishy...

Ah yes. It was about time for the operator to start bitching.

- This was your response to your coworker asking if you want a soy sandwich yesterday!
- Well duh. It was a very suspicious soy sandwich. What do you think, why did he offer it? Obviously, he wanted to screw with the rookie by giving...
- You are an antisocial freak! And also paranoid.
- Says the mass murderer?
- Fine, you might be right. But I don't care. If something dares to stand in my way, it will end on the tip of my lance.
-Whooooo, scary. To bad if I'd do that, I'd get into trouble
- Sucks to be you.
-My point exactly.