Science 101: The professor returns

"Gah!", Hal exclaimed as he watched the series of manoeuvres only half work once again, this battle had proven to be a complete and utter blunder. Picking through the precious few chips he had left, the disgruntled man picked up an Invis chip and eyed it with caution, he briefly pulled up the data files on it before inserting it post haste, "This chip might let you slip by and finish them off, use it wisely!", he continued, resuming his usual, cool demeanour.

"I guess I'm a little rustier than I'd care to guess...", the navi mumbled to himself, an air of dejection permeating his form for a brief, yet noticeable moment. However, the old man did not have time to wallow in self pity because a nanosecond later, he felt a strange new energy fill his decrepit form, a cool wave of energy pulsing outwards that brought a cloak upon him, Ah!, he thought to himself, This energy reflects the digital light particles... by creating a series of miniature repelling windmills on my coat! , so close, yet so far off.

With his new found invisibility, the professor hoisted the knife once again, bringing it down with a silent, yet deadly vigour onto the ailing foe, his coat flapping ineffectually as he went. Yet with this, he was not finished because, as soon as his attack was complete, the navi wheeled himself directly backwards, spinning with a series of fancy, complex movements, the likes of which would have shocked and amazed his personal voyeur, were it not for the whole invisibility thing. Speeding up towards the Champu virus that had evaded him once before, he was filled with a burning ambition, one that would not allow his pride to be harmed once again, You will not best me twice young virus!, he then unleashed a flurry of bladed attacks, the knife danced silently through the air with an edge that eagerly sought the elemental adversary that te virus represented; the will of the knife matched that of the navi in action and spirit!

Actions

1) Invis1 (Grants Invisibility status, 1 turn duration, S acc) @Self
2) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 3/6 @Billy
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Run towards Champu
3) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 4/6 @Champu
4) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 5/6 @Champu
Invisibility: The great equalizer.

Under the cloak of invisibility, and carrying an AquaKnife, the Professor makes short work of the last two viruses before they attack.

-Viruses-
RedUFOA: DELETED
RedUFOB: DELETED
Champu: DELETED
Billy: DELETED
IronShield: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [20HP Barrier] [AquaKnife: 2/6]

~Battle: 2: Victory!!~
Rewards: IronShield1, 640z

Quote (Battlechip)

IronShield1
Effect: 2-Hit Shield
Accuracy: S
Description: Block 2 attacks with Tower Shield, then breaks. Break attacks destroy the Shield.
Duration: Until broken or overridden.
Element: Null
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
"Phew...", the old navi exclaimed as the knife disintegrated in his hand; this had been far too much work for his old bones. Falling straight backwards, the navi spread his creaking frame as far as he would dare for a moment of precious rest. Meanwhile, Hal was left dumbfounded as he watched the viruses disappear before is very eyes, noticing the prostrate scientist a clear half a minute later, he had been distracted by the items left behind,

"We received chip data from that artillery virus!", Hal announced with glee,

"Excellent!", the professor replied as he clambered to his feet, "Perhaps it shall do us some good on our travels...", the navi was looking a little worse for wear, yet his indomitable spirit shone through, "On to the next fight, m'lad, we've a lot more to learn!", he shouted before speeding away from the scene of the protracted battle.

[Ready for Battle 3]
Just as the Professor removed himself from the metal platform, and a few steps beyond, a vid-window popped up in his path.

=INTRUDER=

The sounds of a warning siren went off as the sky of SciLab NET darkened.

=UNAUTHORIZED SECURITY BREACH OF KEY SYSTEM=

Two round, blue turrets popped up to either side of the Navi. A virus popped up from behind each and began floating above the turrets. They looked like tops with wings and magnets for hands.

=EXTERMINATE!!=

The vid-window vanished as another virus popped out of the vid-window. The pill-shaped virus began sparking.

-Viruses-
ColdHeadA: 60HP [Guarding: Iron Body] [Left]
ColdHeadB: 60HP [Guarding: Iron Body] [right]
MagTectA: 90HP [Left]
MagTectB: 90HP [right]
PulseBulb: 120HP [Guarding: Metal Body] [Front]

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP

~Battle: 3: Start!!~
In high spirits and with a renewed enthusiasm, Hal had finally seen a silver lining in this all too cloudy day. Happily browsing knowledge bases and collecting more useless information, the executive's cosy little bubble was soon burst by the piercing sirens of the PET. Jumping to his feet with a yelp, Hal cried, "What have you done this time!?", which was met by an equally confused,

"Where am I? Where's my office!", from the small, now rapidly whirling frame of the professor. From the navi's perspective, he had just been sitting in a classroom, talking to his favoured stuffed Metool when suddenly he was elsewhere, in a foreign location being confronted by an array of assaulters and an agitated man, this was definitely a puzzle. Yet before he could say any more, he felt the data of a number of chips enter his system, the first and foremost of these causing his form to fade away to nothingness. Without waiting to see how the enemies would react, he sped backwards, freeing himself from the trap he had unwittingly walked into,

"I've sent you the Magnum chip, those viruses look to be well defended", the unfamiliar man said, a new calm filling his voice,

I'll have to figure him out after I deal with these ruffians..., the professor thought to himself as he lofted a hand into the air, encasing himself in a sphere of protective energy moments later. Once his defences were erect, the navi pulled a tri-barrelled gun from one of the pockets of his lab coat, which would have looked rather odd considering the weapon was about as large as the navi was, were it not for the cloak of invisibility. Hoisting the cannon level with his head, the presenter had just enough time to fire off three powerful shots at the defended foes ahead before his meagre strength gave out. Finishing off his opening gambit, the professor strafed towards the side of the viral vagabonds he had been forced to fight.

Actions

1) Invis1 (Grants Invisibility status, 1 turn duration, S acc) @Self
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Move backwards from the virus group
2) Neutron flux (80 hp barrier, 2 TCD) @Self
3) Magnum1 (120 Fire + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets, A acc) @PulseBulb @ColdHeadA @ColdHeadB
4) Feint to the left
As the Professor goes invisible and dashes backwards from the viruses, the PulseBulb dashes after him, seeming to follow the Navi's movements as if he wasn't invisible. The PulseBulb opens up its Metal Body defense, revealing a sonic device, and unleashes a sonic pulse at the Navi. Thankfully the Professor, through his backpedaling, is able to just dodge out of the way of the cone of deadly harmonic vibrations and escape unharmed. The PulseBulb then seals its delicate circuitry away again in its metal capsule body.

The MagTects, unable to see the invisible Navi, both launch a pair of magnetic missiles into the darkness as the Professor raises his barrier. All four manage to seek their target, coming as they did in pincering pairs, but the barrier holds up to their assault.

The Professor then strikes back with the awesome power of the Magnum1, blowing away both ColdHeads and the PulseBulb as if they were made of tissue paper. Leaving cracked spots in the floor where each used to be.

He then feints away, as his invisibility fades and he becomes visible again.

-Viruses-
ColdHeadA: DELETED
ColdHeadB: DELETED
MagTectA: 90HP [Front]
MagTectB: 90HP [Front]
PulseBulb: DELETED

-Terrain-
85% Normal
15% Cracked

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [40HP Barrier]
"Who sent you, stranger?", the professor called into the air, clearly directing his words at the now forgotten Hal, the veil that had obscured him dissipated to reveal a hardened countenance, "I do not know your voice, nor this netspace, nor this PET, now, tell me", he finished, the confusion in his voice usurped by the cold caution of battle.

"Dear lord..., Hal replied, his muttering barely audible to the PET mic, There's no time to explain this now, that old fool will get himself killed trying to piece things back together, the man thought hurriedly as he rubbed his temples, so much for things finally looking on the up. Without uttering another word, Hal inserted the Heatshot, Shotgun and ElecReel chips, he would have to be sly in order to avert potential insubordination of his foreign orders, I'm practically a chip monkey anyway..., he added as an afterthought.

With no reply coming in return, except for that of a low murmur he was likely not meant to hear, the old navi was in a bind. Why should I fight an enemy I know nothing about, how do I tell friend from foe?, he considered for a moment but was soon confronted by the harsh reality of things, there would be no time to discover the truth if he were to be deleted, which seemed to be the objective of the remaining aggressors. As if his mind were read, as soon as the want for firepower was entertained, the answer came in the form of heavy artillery.

Holding the shotgun towards the first of his targets, the navi was fraught by a flash, a single moment of strange recollection, he had done this before. Firing off a single slug, the small frame of the professor was flung back ever so slightly by the recoil, yet his wheeled appendages allowed for a small slide backwards, this was used to his advantage because with a slight flick of his ankle, the navi effortlessly flowed into a barrel roll towards his right hand side. Emerging from the manoeuvre with a dramatic flourish of his lab coat, the figure produced from its billowing folds the head of a virus, from which fired a small but potent flame shot towards the other virus. Turning to his left, the presenter continued the wide arc he had previously began in order to line the two virii up for the finale of his salvo. Upon completion of his movement, the navi turned towards the pair and loosed yet another attack, however this one was noticeably stronger as the very static nature of the action was enough to cause the professor's very bushy eyebrows to stand to attention for a few moments, "That will definitely perk you up in the morning..., he remarked with a nervous chuckle.

Actions

1) Shotgun (50 Null DMG, spread to 1, A acc) @MagTectA spread to @MagTectB
2) Dodge
3) HeatShot (40 Fire DMG, spread to 1, A acc) @MagTectB spread to @MagTectA
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Move to the left of the virii
4) ElecReel1 (80 Elec DMG, Spread 3 (Side + Behind), B acc) @MagTectA
[4 day bump]
After perhaps a slightly rocky exchange between navi and operator, the Professor received his weaponry, and made good use of them. Letting loose a blast from his surprisingly powerful shotgun that tore into both of his opponents, leaving them significantly weakened. And while they attempted to fire back, each was intercepted by a powerful blaze of fire sent forth soon after. Which left the two MagTects wide open as the static shock fried their circuits and finished them off once and for all.

Viruses
ColdHeadA: Deleted
ColdHeadB: Deleted
MagTectA: Deleted
MagTectB: Deleted
PulseBulb: Deleted

Terrain
85% Normal
15% Cracked

Navi
Professor.EXE: 140HP [40HP Barrier]

—Battle 3, Victory!—
Professor: 480z, MagnetMissle1

Quote ()

MagnetMissile1
Damage: 20 + Seeking + Pincer Attack x 2 Missiles
Accuracy: B
Description: Launches North and South magnetic homing missiles that converge on one target.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
Special: Pincer Attack: Attacks a single chosen target from two opposing directions at the same time.
The viral threat was finally eliminated, the battle rewards collected and the netscape returned to peace, once again, yet Hal was still on edge. Gripping the leather clad PET with one hand and the arm of the sofa with the other, Hal took a deep breath, how the navi would react was a complete unknown quantity. Attempting to breach the uneasy silence that had befallen them, Hal began "Professor, I'm...", But before he could continue, the old navi picked himself up, dusted himself off and turned to face the operator,

"What's wrong, m'lad?, he beamed, the smile he had donned prior to the previous battle adorned him once again, "Have you got a question concerning this lesson?",

"I... No, Professor, I just think we should call it a day, we need to head to the shop", Hal exhaled, that had resolved itself rather nicely. That will be dangerous if it happens again..., the man pondered to himself as he jacked the navi out.

[Jack Out]