Science 101: The professor returns

"Welcome, welcome!", the professor shouted hurriedly as he emerged from the net portal, his motorised, balled feet soon taking over the task of movement where his withered joints were just about to fail. "What's your name, lad?", the navi probed as he whirred at a steady pace into the expansive netspace,

"Harold, though most call me Hal", the young man answered as he settled into his sofa, the leather, unyielding to his foreign form, providing little comfort,

"Well Hal, Today I'm going to show you the fundaments of netbattling with a slant towards viral physiology", announced the old navi, a clear diction revealing his years of experience in the position of lecturer.

Whilst the small figure blathered on about the fundaments of capsids and the like, Hal couldn't help but realise that what he was saying was fundamentally wrong. The application of real world biology to synthetic systems was wrong, the order he spoke in was wrong and the facts themselves were, with the aid of a search engine, easily proved to be wrong. Hal had been told that the navi was facing a serious problem but he was not expecting this extent of data corruption; it was saddening to see a great navi reduced to an incorrect mess. How was he to fix something so flawed?

[Seeking Battle 1]
Starting out his lecture, Professor.EXE noticed a few viruses nearby. A large gray planetoid virus, circled by two loose chains of large rocks that orbited its large body, and two smaller viruses that had lightning-rod-like arms. The lightning-rod arms began to spark as all three moved to attack!

-Viruses-
BigBang: 120HP
BillyA: 80HP
BillyB: 80HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP

~Battle 1: Start!!~
There a few things more tiresome than the ravings of a loon. Listening to said ravings whilst on the clock is one of them. "I remember when the yellow helmets tried to steal my lab coat. Now that's the reason why pickaxes are some of the most...", the professor blathered as he whirred along upon his motile balls, his arms flapping in wild gesticulation to punctuate the inanities he had obviously intended to have deep meaning.

"Professor, look where you're going!", Hal interrupted, announcing a few moments before the information would be truly relevant, mainly in order to shut the old man up. From his vantage point of the sofa, Hal could see the rapidly approaching intercept and he was prepared. Chips arranged in a 4 x 4 square with laptop open, already searching the relevant databases for any information that may be of use; Hal would not be caught off guard. Yet, whilst the young executive was busily beavering away in order to cover his inexperience, the navi was standing listlessly, with the blank stare of a man without a clue. However, after a few moments the professor sprung back into life with a sudden jolt,

"AH! So you're the team they sent to help me show the ropes to this young lad, eh?", shouted the professor with severe enthusiasm, "Keep pace and I'm sure the new show "Netbattling: Virulent Variety" will be a rip roaring success!", and with this, the navi threw his frail arm into the air, "The key, my boy, to a good offence is an equally good defence, do you understand me?",

"Wha... guh?", Hal replied dumbfounded; he was completely thrown by the sudden switch of conversation but attempted to persist nonetheless, "I... er... think I understand, either way, here's a powerful chip we were given, try and put it to good use!", the young man said as he fumbled the Magnum chip into the slot.

From his raised hand sprung a complex array of floating orbs, representing the molecular orbit of electrons, "You see Hal, these here neutrons I've excited are capable of extraordinary feats of repulsion, it would take incredible forces to penetrate it!"

"I think those might be elect-"

"Once you've set up preventative measures, you then move into a more favourable position", the navi then wheeled himself diagonally backwards from the group of adversaries, "Then you fire!", at which point, the frail professor somehow produced a massive triple barrelled cannon from the small confines of his lab coat, before shooting three massive bolts towards each of the foes present, compensating for the knockback with a small wheel forwards after each shot.

Hal then proceeded to watch in dismay as the navi dashed and darted about in an erratic fashion, attempting to justify his actions as evasive manoeuvres, "Good lord...", he sighed to himself as he inserted a further chip into the device,

"And there... and that... with a hop and a dash!... Oh, another chip, eh?", the professor posed, quizzically, to his operator as he finished his odd display, "Good idea, kick them when they are down!", he said as he formed the minibomb in his hand, he then proceeded to throw it with all his frail might at the orbiting virus above.

Actions

1. Neutron flux (80 hp barrier, 2 TCD) @Self
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) - Move diagonally backwards from the virus group
2. Magnum1 (120 Fire + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets, A acc) @BigBang, BillyA, BillyB
3. Dodge
4. MiniBomb (90 Null DMG + Blast 1, C acc) @BigBang
The Professor erects a strong barrier before scooting backwards from the viruses. He then blasts two of the three with the awesome power of a Magnum1, breaking up the terrain beneath them.

The Billy virus, even with all the dodging the Navi did, still manages to strike the Navi's barrier with a ball of lightning. But then is deleted by a powerful MiniBomb explosion. Leaving the battlefield pockmarked and filled with broken bits of data.

-Viruses-
BigBang: DELETED
BillyA: DELETED
BillyB: DELETED

-Terrain-
90% Normal
10% Broken

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [65HP Barrier]

~Battle 1: Victory!!~
Rewards: Thunder1, 240z
"Aha! Remnant data left by those ruffians!", the small navi exclaimed, his voice far exceeding his frame, "They can't have been the team sent by the network",

"You understand the severity of the situation then?", Hal replied, his tonw filled with a renewed optimism, Perhaps he'll be fixed sooner than I thought, maybe I can leave this god-awful situation behind me.., he continued, his inner monologue reflecting the tone of his outer discourse,

"Of course I understand! They must have been freelancers looking for a quick zenny!"

"Good grief...", Hal sighed as he resumed his melancholy,

"Young boy, there is no need for such a tone", the professor announced sternly as he spun to face the viewing angle, "How will I ever teach you what will be in the exam if you keep such a pessimistic outlook",

"Exam? I just don't want you to hur-"

"Of course we'll find the company sanctioned team! I'll bet my last zenny on it or my name isn't..."

"Isn't?"

"Isn't what, my lad?"

"..."

"Well if you won't speak up, I shall take your silence as my cue to advance", the navi exclaimed before continuing on his merry way.

[Battle 2 ready]
Continuing his lesson, the Professor wandered onto a large metal plate that spanned quite some distance into the horizon. On said plate was a large turret. This large turret had its own metal plate suspended above it by powerful hydraulic arms. The turret activated upon noticing the Navi's presence and lowered the iron shield in front of it, rotating to place it between the Navi and itself.

Two red flying saucers detached from the back of the large turret and spun out to either side. Each one beamed down another virus: a fighter with burning fists and another Billy virus, the one encountered in the last battle with the electric arms. Making the total virus count five.

-Viruses-
RedUFOA: 80HP
RedUFOB: 80HP
Champu: 60HP
Billy: 80HP
IronShield: 120HP [Shield Lowered]

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-

~Battle 2: Start!!~
"...and that's why pickaxes are some of the most...", continued the navi, unabashed by his custodian's blatant rude ignoring, yet this proved to be the final straw,

"You've already told me that professor", Hal said as he rubbed his brow, his deep reserves of patience seemingly running thin in the face of this insurmountable challenge, many times before he had been given a futile task with hopes of breaking him and every time he had surpassed it, yet this one was shaping up to be a truer test than any before.

"Really? Well it still holds true!", the professor returned, his voice tainted with the indignant humiliation of a forgetful older gentleman; these slips are becoming far too frequent for my liking, perhaps I am in need of help... he pondered as the silent journey onwards began. Such peace is rarely held for long.

With expert precision and timing, the latest group to disturb the awkward burgeoning relationship sprung forth. A mixed bag of foot troopers, artillery and air support blighted the otherwise pristine shine of the metal-floored landscape; such a group could not be ignored, even by the likes of the addled professor. "My boy, I will be in need of the...",

"Way ahead of you Professor", the man replied, his manner laced with a coldness that would be mistaken for indifference to those who had not conversed with him before, yet it was simply a consequence of his objective stance.

As soon as Hal had finished speaking, the navi felt the appearance of a familiar and not so familiar chip in his system, something about those flying machines gives me a sense of ill feeling..., the lab coat clad figure thought as he summoned that familiar sight of the three-barrelled, monstrous cannon, best to deal with them first, and with the consummation of that idea, the powerful weapon had been loosed in the direction of the UFOs. The deafening roar of the weapon soon subsided and in it's place, the same stance with fist held high was struck again, "Remember son, Neutrons are negative!", and with that inaccurate outburst, the navi was clad in a shield of energy.

From his lofty view, the detached Hal felt a sort of voyeuristic flush run through him, he could not remain a passive bystander even i the face of inexperience; there must be some way I can help! "Professor, that shielded foe might be struck by the spread action of that chip, move into a better position", Hal ordered, his words finding more confidence with each successive one. As if powered by the words themselves, the frail frame of the navi suddenly sprung into explosive action as the navi crouched, he then jumped in a high arc towards the turret virus, landing midway between his start point and the virus itself. Showing himself for the performer that he is, the presenter landed with a fist punched into the ground, however upon his other was a rod that fired a powerful electrical discharge towards the aforementioned foe, its power augmented by the metal flooring over which it travelled.

Thinking it extremely unwise to remain close to electricity in the presence of metal (notably the first time since Hal had met him that his scientific knowledge held true), the old navi made a quick dash diagonally away from the virus group.

Actions

1) Magnum1 (120 Fire + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets, A acc) @RedUFOA @RedUFOB @Billy
2) Neutron flux (80 hp barrier, 2 TCD) @Self
* Quantum leap (Passive Movement) - Jump towards IronShield
3) ElecReel1 (80 Elec DMG, Spread 3 (Side + Behind), B acc) @IronShield
4) Dodge (Move diagonally away from the virus group)
Upon activation of the Magnum1 chip, one of the RedUFO's rushes forward and abducts it. Drawing it into its hold.

The Professor then puts up a strong barrier, jumps forward, and unleashes an ElecReel1... which is also abducted by the second RedUFO.

The Champu, Billy, and IronShield all laugh at this and begin attacking after the Navi is disarmed. The Billy launches a slow moving thunderball, which misses. But its electromagnetism causes it to slowly circle back towards the Navi.

The Champu teleports forward and tries to punch the Professor. But the Professor is too nimble and dodges both strikes.

Finally the IronShield, shield still lowered, fires a fusillade of three energybombs at the Professor. But the firing is inaccurate and doesn't come anywhere near the Professor.

Clearly to get any attacks off, the Professor will need to dodge the UFOs when he unleashes his attacks.

-Viruses-
RedUFOA: 80HP

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [80HP Barrier] [Thunderball Homing]
"Well that went well", Hal remarked sarcastically, slumping into the folds of the sofa as he spoke, "I guess you'll have to be a lot more fleet of foot in order to take those flying saucers down",

"No need to be so down m'lad!", the professor retorted, his enthusiasm unwavering, although a certain quiver in his voice betrayed the toll the rapid movement had taken on him, "Send me something strong and something based on the element of wood, I'll show you precisely what to do!".

Without waiting for a response, the professor made a quick retreat to put some distance between himself and the UFO viruses, his balled feet allowing for a speedy backwards slalom. "I'm sending you a Boomerang and an Arrow chip, good luck!", the man replied as he entered the chips, voice renewed with candour by the tenacity of his partner. With the chip data at hand, the small frame of the professor began to speed up the slalom he had began, zig zagging too and fro in order to lose track of those pesky flying beings, he then fired the electrically charged Arrow chip towards one of the UFO viruses. Without missing a beat, the navi switched direction and began the same zig zag manoeuvre towards the virus group, his years of experience outmatching his cumbersome, ageing frame. Upon completion of this latest movement, the professor launched the boomerang off to his side; clearly aiming to hit the flank of the floor bound virii, with the Billy as his prime target.

Actions

*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Move away from the virii
1) Dodge (Zig zag away from the UFO virii)
2) Arrow1 (100 Elec DMG + homing, B acc) @RedUFOA
3) Dodge (Zig zag towards the IronShield group)
4) Boomerang1 (60 Wood DMG, Group Attack (Arc), B acc) @Billy
The Professor zips away and then zigs and zags around.

Then he launches an electric bee at the UFOs. Both swoop in to try to abduct the data, however, they both miss do to the dodgy nature of the attack and the Arrow1 stings a UFO. The electric shock deletes the virus even without the amplification of all this metal in the terrain.

The Champu then teleports forward to attack the dodging Professor and only lands one blow. Though the barrier surrounding the Professor prevents the Navi from taking a blow to the face, the force of the impact is doubly felt on the barrier.

The Professor then throws a Boomerang1 at the Billy, with intention of also striking the IronShield. Unfortunately, his aim is off on both counts and both Viruses remain unharmed. In retaliation, the Billy launches another thunderball and the IronShield rains mortar fire from above. The first thunderball that was homing in behind the Professor this whole time misses again and winks out. The second, newly shot thunderball also misses, and begins to track the Professor. The three bombs it launches are just as inaccurate as the IronShield's first barrage, and the Professor is once again unharmed.

-Viruses-
RedUFOA: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [60HP Barrier] [Thunderball Homing]
"These old bones just aren't as nimble as they used to be..." , the professor mumbled to himself as he watched the result of his actions, perhaps his years of theoretical intrigue might not be substitute for true battle experience. From up high, his operator watched with the same look of ambivalence he had recently adopted, better that than a scowl of annoyance he had thought.

"Don't worry so much about the other virii, deal with that UFO first, it will be a pest until you do", the man ordered as he inserted the Heat shot chip, "Make sure you finish it off for good",

"Have we any other chips worth sacrificing?", the navi replied, a hopeful tone in his words betraying the hatching of a new scheme,

"There's this Guard chip, might not prove too useful in this situation but I'll send it anyway",

"Have faith, boy, this battle is far from over!", the frail figure shouted as he summoned the guard chip. The ploy soon became obvious as the navi held it aloft towards the flying figure and said in hs sweetest voice, "You-hoo my flying pal, how's about you snack on this chip?", yet the old man wasn't done there because as soon as he had made the announcement, he ducked behind the yellow protector and summoned what seemed to be a large encircled 'P' with a single zig-zagged line emerging from its circle and with a quick flick of his wrist, the symbolic letter had been replaced by a Heat shot launcher, with the additional symbol attached via the line to its side.

Watching eagerly, Hal noted the actions as the navi went along, attempting to search online for any sort of similar technique, "The old bait and switch, eh?", he murmured with a tone of surprise, Perhaps there's more than meets the eye to this old man yet, he thought to himself, as if to answer his own rhetoric.

Discarding the remnant data of his shield, the stained figure sprung out from the shadow of the object to reveal a searing blast of flame, bolstered by his signature power up, which flew from his weapon with a ferocity not usually seen with such a move, loosed in the direction of the orbiting saucer. On completion of his subterfuge, the professor immediately made a swift barrel roll towards the IronSheild virus, his coat giving him the look of a confused ball of aged yarn, yet as soon as the move was complete, he emerged from the chaos, launching himself into a long jump towards the rear of the immobile virus.

Actions

1) Guard 1 (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack) Used to bait @RedUFOA
2) ATP-ower up! (Strengthen by 60, 2 TCD) @HeatShot
3) HeatShot (40 (+60) Fire DMG, spread to 1, A acc) @RedUFOA Spread to @IronShield
4) Dodge (Barrel roll towards @IronShield)
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Leap behind @IronShield
The RedUFO took the bait and swooped down and grabbed up the Guard1.

The Professor used that distraction to power up. The Champu jumped in and began punching at the Navi. It only lands one impactful punch.

The Navi then blasts the RedUFO with searing flames, deleting it. However, even though the flames punched through and hit the IronShield, the lowered shield took the blast. It glowed red-hot for a moment, then cooled. Leaving the virus unharmed.

The Billy launches another Thunderball as the first one swings around. The homing Thunderball misses the Navi and winks out. But the new Thunderball manages to hit... the barrier. The power of the Metal Terrain amplifies the Thunderball and it causes twice its damage. The twin mortars on the IronShield launch their payload of three EnergyBombs and this time actually hit... once. The barrier surrounding the Professor flickers, then shatters. Leaving the Professor vulnerable.

-Viruses-
RedUFOB: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [Barrier Broken!]
"A bit of success at last..." Hal murmured to himself as his tension dissipated, the unpredictable nature of a battle had taken a toll on the man, his hands a quiver and a thin sheen of sweat had newly adorned him to reflect as such. In complete contrast, the swift pace and newness of the fray had a awakened an invigorating fire within the navi, this coupled with the new position he found himself in filled him with a new sort of confidence, one that stemmed from advantage than optimism.

It would appear that the navi's feelings were infectious because the sight of his success had instilled the man with a sense of cautious optimism. "Let's finish this, professor, one final move!", Hal announced with reckless abandon, "I'll send you the last few strong chips we can use...", he continued as he thumbed through the chips, his gaze falling upon a certain Thunder chip as he went, "And one for revenge...".

Upon feeling the sudden influx of data into his system, the professor, although confident himself, was not as pleased with the impulsive move as his operator, yet he could do little about it now. Steeling himself against what was yet to come, the professor once again summoned his defensive shield with a flick of his wrist, he then summoned the Minibomb chip in his hand, feeling the weight for a few seconds before pulling his arm back and lobbing it with an almighty throw to the exposed rear side of the IronShield virus, he then realised with a sudden, absent minded "Oh!", that such an attack would not be wise to stand by, as a result he wheeled himself backwards to a reasonable distance before continuing his onslaught.

Hauling an electrode up on one hand an a furnace on another, the navi could not help but feel powerful. Beginning by producing a delicious torrent of powerful flames at the feet of the central virus, he did not let a moment pass him by because as soon as this attack had been allowed to take effect, the second of his new protrusions began to activate, discharging a powerful spark, one he had been subject to more than once during the encounter, "How about a taste of your own medicine!", the old navi shouted as he fired it towards its progenitor.

Actions

1) Neutron flux (80 hp barrier, 2 TCD)
2) MiniBomb (90 Null DMG + Blast 1, C acc) @IronShield
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Move out of blast range of IronShield
3) FlameLine1 ( 70 Fire DMG + Ground Attack + Wide Attack, B acc) @IronShield
4) Thunder1 (40 Elec DMG, Stun 1 + Homing, C acc) @Billy
Feeling confident in his next assault, Professor prepared himself with a defensive barrier and set his sights on the exposed IronShield. Immediately tossing a good ol' high explosive at the virus, Professor then moved himself out of the blast range and continued his attack with another chip. Flames shot up under the IronShield as a small explosion heralded the impact of the MiniBomb. The torrent of explosive and incendiary energy was too much for the virus, and it was gone by the time the smoke cleared. Professor was unfortunately looking the wrong way at this point as the Champu maneuvered itself away from the flames and then appeared beside him, landing a one-two on the barrier but leaving it largely intact. The virus teleported back to a safe distance before he could react, so the Navi instead continued as planned, loosing a crackling ball of electricity in the Billy's direction. The virus managed to avoid the moderately slow attack, presumably being used to its own attack. Or maybe it was just lucky.

-Viruses-
IronShield: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [60HP Barrier]
With the main artillery destroyed, the only obstacle that remained were the foot soldier duo that had eluded the professor thus far; he would not be thwarted any more! Recoiling slightly from the shock of the impact from the flaming virus to his shields, the professor decided to take the initiative and prepare for the inevitable close range attack it would attempt again. Crouching slightly, with lab coat crumpled and back firmly hunched, the navi called to his operator, "Have we got anything close range?",

"I know just the thing", Hal replied as he picked up the AquaKnife chip, "I'm also going to send you something to soften the two of them up first", and with that, he inserted the aforementioned chip, along with the shotgun chip that had sat, neglected on the edge of the glass table he had used for his setup.

Materialising the weapons in hand, the navi turned to face the pair for his upcoming assult, his breathing steady, a glint of light causing the aquamarine sheen of the knife to distinguish itself from the dull grey of its shotgun counterpart. Hoisting the shaft of weaponry towards the Billy virus, he fired a powerful slug in its direction, the recoil causing the professor to fling the weapon high into the air behind him, the gun then landed with a heavy thud before disintegrating into nothingness. The professor did not allow himself to be distracted by the expended weapon, because as soon as it was in the air, the navi darted towards the flaming foe, his watery weapon hissing with anticipation as it formed the spear point of his formidable attack. Upon reaching the foe, the navi's wheels screeched to a shuddering halt as he lifted his weapon high, bringing it down upon the Champu with a clumsy, yet experienced forwards slash, he then spun and flew towards the other virus, this time preferring to go for a straight lunge towards the Billy, his wheels adding an explosive speed to his crumbling frame.

Actions

1) Shotgun (50 Null DMG, spread to 1, A acc) @Billy spread to @Champu
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Run towards Champu
2) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 1/6 @Champu
3) Feint towards Billy
4) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 2/6 @Billy
The Shotgun blast goes wide, missing both viruses.

The Navi then rushes the Champu and slashes with an AquaKnife. Unfortunately it misses the Champu who teleports behind the Navi and gives another one-two to the Navi's barrier, depleting two-thirds of its remaining power.

Unperturbed, the Navi feints to the Billy, causing the Billy's attack to miss, before giving the Billy a solid slash with the AquaKnife, causing a lot of damage to the virus.

The Billy's Thunderball begins to circle back towards the Navi.

-Viruses-
Billy: 20HP

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [20HP Barrier] [AquaKnife: 4/6] [Thunderball Homing]
"Gah!", Hal exclaimed as he watched the series of manoeuvres only half work once again, this battle had proven to be a complete and utter blunder. Picking through the precious few chips he had left, the disgruntled man picked up an Invis chip and eyed it with caution, he briefly pulled up the data files on it before inserting it post haste, "This chip might let you slip by and finish them off, use it wisely!", he continued, resuming his usual, cool demeanour.

"I guess I'm a little rustier than I'd care to guess...", the navi mumbled to himself, an air of dejection permeating his form for a brief, yet noticeable moment. However, the old man did not have time to wallow in self pity because a nanosecond later, he felt a strange new energy fill his decrepit form, a cool wave of energy pulsing outwards that brought a cloak upon him, Ah!, he thought to himself, This energy reflects the digital light particles... by creating a series of miniature repelling windmills on my coat! , so close, yet so far off.

With his new found invisibility, the professor hoisted the knife once again, bringing it down with a silent, yet deadly vigour onto the ailing foe, his coat flapping ineffectually as he went. Yet with this, he was not finished because, as soon as his attack was complete, the navi wheeled himself directly backwards, spinning with a series of fancy, complex movements, the likes of which would have shocked and amazed his personal voyeur, were it not for the whole invisibility thing. Speeding up towards the Champu virus that had evaded him once before, he was filled with a burning ambition, one that would not allow his pride to be harmed once again, You will not best me twice young virus!, he then unleashed a flurry of bladed attacks, the knife danced silently through the air with an edge that eagerly sought the elemental adversary that te virus represented; the will of the knife matched that of the navi in action and spirit!

Actions

1) Invis1 (Grants Invisibility status, 1 turn duration, S acc) @Self
2) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 3/6 @Billy
*Quantum leap (Passive Movement) Run towards Champu
3) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 4/6 @Champu
4) AquaKnife (60 Aqua slashing DMG, Breaks after 6 swings, B acc) Use 5/6 @Champu
Invisibility: The great equalizer.

Under the cloak of invisibility, and carrying an AquaKnife, the Professor makes short work of the last two viruses before they attack.

-Viruses-
Champu: DELETED
Billy: DELETED

-Terrain-
100% Metal

-Navi-
Professor.EXE: 140HP [20HP Barrier] [AquaKnife: 2/6]

~Battle: 2: Victory!!~
Rewards: IronShield1, 640z

Quote (Battlechip)

IronShield1
Effect: 2-Hit Shield
Accuracy: S
Description: Block 2 attacks with Tower Shield, then breaks. Break attacks destroy the Shield.
Duration: Until broken or overridden.
Element: Null
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
"Phew...", the old navi exclaimed as the knife disintegrated in his hand; this had been far too much work for his old bones. Falling straight backwards, the navi spread his creaking frame as far as he would dare for a moment of precious rest. Meanwhile, Hal was left dumbfounded as he watched the viruses disappear before is very eyes, noticing the prostrate scientist a clear half a minute later, he had been distracted by the items left behind,

"We received chip data from that artillery virus!", Hal announced with glee,

"Excellent!", the professor replied as he clambered to his feet, "Perhaps it shall do us some good on our travels...", the navi was looking a little worse for wear, yet his indomitable spirit shone through, "On to the next fight, m'lad, we've a lot more to learn!", he shouted before speeding away from the scene of the protracted battle.

[Ready for Battle 3]
Just as the Professor removed himself from the metal platform, and a few steps beyond, a vid-window popped up in his path.

=INTRUDER=

The sounds of a warning siren went off as the sky of SciLab NET darkened.

=UNAUTHORIZED SECURITY BREACH OF KEY SYSTEM=

Two round, blue turrets popped up to either side of the Navi. A virus popped up from behind each and began floating above the turrets. They looked like tops with wings and magnets for hands.

=EXTERMINATE!!=

The vid-window vanished as another virus popped out of the vid-window. The pill-shaped virus began sparking.

-Viruses-
ColdHeadA: 60HP [Guarding: Iron Body] [Left]
ColdHeadB: 60HP [Guarding: Iron Body] [right]
MagTectA: 90HP [Left]
MagTectB: 90HP [right]
PulseBulb: 120HP [Guarding: Metal Body] [Front]

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-

~Battle: 3: Start!!~