Another test run. (Mod Locked by Grim)

The Yort attempts to dodge the the oncoming barrage, but one pegs it and renders it immobile. It could only watch as the next orb of electricity slowly approached and caused it to explode. As the hulk of its lifeless shell hits the floor, a glowing bit of data emerges from one of the halves of the former Red UFO.

Victory!

RedUFO: DELETED
RattyA: DELETED
RattyB: DELETED
RattyC: DELETED
RattyD: DELETED
YortA: DELETED
YortB: DELETED
Kabutank: INACTIVE
Billy: INACTIVE
Metool: DELETED

Terrain: 50% Normal, 25% Metal, 15% Cracked, 10% Missing (scattered in random pattern)

Broadside.EXE: 110HP (Barrier Destroyed) TwinFang1 data recovered!
Rewards: Yo-yo1, 200z

((ENGAGING MODLOCK))
((Used: EnergyPack Subchip.))

Broadside recovered his chip data, and sent it back with the Zenny and data acquired from the viruses back to the PET.

A few minutes later... "You did an excellent job dealing with those viruses, Broadside. I used the Zenny you found along the way to buy an EnergyPack for you." he said as he slotted in the sub-chip.

As Broadside's injuries healed, a thought occurred to him from out of nowhere You should thank him.

"...." Broadside ignored the thought, and instead moved about the battlefield, examining everything as he went. Of particular interest were the defunct viruses. They didn't end up like this on their own. He scanned the area slowly, alert for trouble.

He was being cautious.

Broadside: 110 HP >>> 200 HP
((Sorry, no Support Program. ))

Broadside continues forward with caution, unaware of what caused all of this destruction. Broadside passes more destroyed viruses, impact craters, and broken panels as he wanders further into the net. Broadside then reaches a very large crater, almost 20 feet in diameter and about a dozen feet deep. He peers into he crater and sees a small trail of smoke coming from the center of the large dome shaped cut-out in the ground. This wasn't made too long ago. Broadside's focus was shifted as he heard a loud boom in the distance, and the feint shrill of an incoming projectile.

Broadside's boosters kick in and he dashes away before the projectile hit the floor with an almost deafening explosion and creating a fountain of dirt and debris almost 10 feet high. Broadside bolts to the lip of a raised impact crater and ducks down to use it as cover. The debris from the blast starts to rain down, harmlessly pelting Broadside with small bits of dirt and metal. A large chunk of floor panel hits about a foot behind him and sticks partially out of the ground. The panel's slightly polished metal surface gives Broadside a partial view of what was out in front of him.

Broadside attempts to decipher the reflection in the metal panel, and is able to make out a large figure. He could only assume it was large since the figure appeared to be almost a full mile away! He could make out one of the figures arms was much larger than the other; if it is, in fact, an arm. The figure's large appendage was pointed skyward, but started to angle downwards. Broadside quickly discovered it was angled towards his position by seeing a bright muzzle flash erupt from the tip of the appendage followed by a deep boom.

Broadside's position was discovered, and now something likely filled with explosives is barreling down on him!

Warning! Unknown Enemy Identified!

Unknown Opponent: Out of Range! (Use 3 actions to get into firing range!)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP (Incoming attack! Use 1 action to dodge!)

-<Battle #5! Destruction From Afar! Ready, Fight!>-
((You kidding? I wouldn't miss this for an SP.))

"What is that thing?!" asked Jared, incredulously, as he switched his view to get a glimpse of it.

"Unknown." answered Broadside simply. "I do not have the sensor capacity to determine its identity in my current form."

Who cares! Move it, or we'll both lose it!

The sonic boom of another artillery shell reached Broadside's hearing... He didn't have to be told twice. He kicked in his boosters, and took off, aiming to be anywhere but here.

"I'm sending chips." he heard his net-op say. He wasn't really paying attention to Jared though, and just absently nodded.

Charging. a random word flowed through his mind. He ignored it as well, concentrating on observing the foe that stood before him. Broadside had no intention of rushing in like a fool. Such a move could prove fatal. I'll weave my way in, and get a read on what I'm up against.

With that thought, he advanced rapidly with his boosters for a short time, more to get away from the impact zone of the incoming attack than to get closer to his opponent.

----Summary----

1: Boost away from starting position. (Dodge only)
-- AddBreak (ElecReel1)
2: Charge ElecReel1 [+Break] (Delayed)
3: Charge ZapRing1 (Delayed)
4: Quick Boost Advance (Dodge/Advance 1 space]

---Sigs---
Disabled during Charge

---Delayed---
ElecReel1 [+Break]
ZapRing1
Broadside quickly boosts away from the incoming artillery round and begins to charge up some of his chips. He continues to move forward towards his foe, but he doesn't charge right in. He moves from crater to crater and utilizes cover as he moves forward. The figure fires again, only for Broadside to boost forward and dodge the attack. He has moved about a 100 meters closer to the figure, and manages to get a closer look.

Broadside zooms in with full magnification in an attempt to identify this attacker. He quickly realizes it is not a virus, but a Navi! The Navi stands almost 7 feet tall, and is covered head to toe in large, tan, rectangular armored plates. His shoulders are particularly bulky and are almost touching his armored helmet. A tan visor with an olive green rectangular lens covers his eyes, accompanying his olive green mask covering his mouth and nose. Sprouting from his back and extending almost 2 feet over his head are two large antennas tied down by chords and bent into a wide curve pointing forward.

His chest is covered in tan armor plates with his symbol emblazoned in the center. The gold-ringed symbol has an olive green background with a gold bullet and a thunderbolt crossed over each other in an "X" shape. His lower legs are protected by a thinner layer of olive green armor plates, same for his right upper arm. His lower legs are housed in massive armor plates, and under his feet are large black caterpillar treads. His lower legs and feet are very wide, capable of providing superb stability, but look extraordinarily heavy. His right hand is covered with segmented tan armored plates, but his hand doesn't look that much larger than that of a NormalNavi's hand.

His left arm; however, is literally a giant cannon. The cannon barrel is about 5 feet long, and the back of the cannon is about a foot behind the connection point to the Navi's torso. The back of the cannon is significantly larger than the front, and on top is a large gunmetal-gray magazine. Below the magazine and facing away from the navi is a large rectangular hatch for ejecting the casings of the huge artillery rounds he uses. The barrel itself is about 6-8" in diameter and rifled. A wider section about 1.5 feet down the barrel acts as a counterweight and houses a coolant to prevent the barrel from warping from the heat. Mounted on the side of the cannon and housed in a armored mounting bracket is a machine gun comparable in size to a .50 caliber heavy machine gun.

Though unseen by Broadside, the Navi also carries an armored backpack; housing the antenna equipment and storing extra magazines. Four small tubes pointing upwards in multiple directions are mounted on the pack. All in all, this Navi looks like he has both offensive and defensive power in spades. The Navi again aims his cannon towards Broadside and fires; a large conical muzzle flash and ring of white smoke erupt from the barrel of the cannon before Broadside could hear the ground-rumbling boom.

Unknown Navi: 1300HP (Still out of range. Two more actions required to get into firing range)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP [ElecReel1] [ZapRing1] Warning! Incoming Attack!

((OMG Spoilers?))
Jared thought back to what his Navi had said a few minutes before...

Quote ()

"The defunct virus and the damage to the local network environment are beyond the abilities of the viruses I now face. The culprit is either a higher order virus, or a net Navi."

It is as you said. he thought as he continued slotting in new battle chips one at a time. Jared thought aloud... "That cannon the other Navi is using has some extreme range... Will getting into range be tough?"

"...." Broadside didn't respond at first, concentrating on evading another incoming howitzer shell instead. He flashed his boosters, pumping out a huge amount of thrust for only a split second or so, moving a fair distance in a very short time span. He repeated this action twice more, each time interposing a piece of debris between himself and his attacker. Eventually, he responded with "Negative." as if it were a known fact.

Jared blinked once, then asked "What do you mean?"

"In my Mecha form, I could return fire from the far side of the blast crater I encountered when the current target opened fire. However, unlike mere low-grade virii, this is a battle-class Net Navi. The target would have time to react, and thus counteract, my attacks. I also need intelligence data on the target's battle capabilities."

"So... you're gathering data on your enemy while getting in close for a better shot?"

"Affirmative." Broadside responded. "I will initiate combat action against the target at mid range. How combat evolves from there is unknown." He kicked in his thrusters, and performed another rapid advance, this time at an obtuse angle, with a couple of snake-like bob-n-weaves, making himself an even more frustrating target than his previous evasive actions had.

You're intentionally doing this.... aren't you? You're collecting data on the Navi, and feeding it what you want it to see....

That would be 'Affirmative.'

----Summary----

1: Quick Boost away from starting position. (Dodge only)
-- AddBreak (ElecReel1)
2: Charge ElecReel1 [+Break] (Delayed)
3: Charge ZapRing1 (Delayed)
4: Quick Boost Advance (Dodge/Advance 1 space]

---Sigs---
Disabled during Charge

---Delayed---
ElecReel1 [+Break]
ElecReel1 [+Break]
ZapRing1
ZapRing1
Broadside dodged out of the way of the attack and darted from crater to crater, preparing two more battlechips as he did. In total he boosted several hundred feet forward to get a little closer and attempt to retrieve more data about this foe. The Navi continued to track Broadside as he moved about, and he fires after Broadside advanced on his position.

Unknown Navi: 1300HP (Still out of range. One more action required to get into firing range)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels. The enemy Navi is on Normal panel.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP [ElecReel1 +Break] [ElecReel1 +Break] [ZapRing1] [ZapRing1] Warning! Incoming Attack!
((Split Turn))

Sequence break!

Broadside, having analyzed a timing pattern to his foe's attacks, drops to the ground, then boosts forward like a torpedo. This put him traveling a line below the incoming shell's flightpath, instead of around it. He waited for the telltale votex-warped sound of the shell passing overhead....

----Summary----

1: Surprise! Drop-N-Dash. (Dodge/Advance 1 space)
<<Turn Split>>
2: ----
3: ----
4: ----
Broadside darts low to the ground to dodge the artillery round advancing on his position. Broadside noticed this round flew somewhat differently than the last few shots fired at him. The projectile seemed to make minor changes in direction as it flew... As the projectile approached, the outer shell of the projectile folded out like an umbrella and passed over Broadside's head with only about a foot of clearance. The artillery shell made an awful woof noise as it flew overhead, pulling a great amount of air with it and creating a massive vacuum behind it. Broadside was ripped from his previous trajectory and thrown backwards by the force of the vacuum, essentially halting all of his forward progress. Broadside was able to keep his orientation in the air and lands without sustaining any damage. ("Advance" Action nullified.)

Unknown Navi: 1300HP (Still out of range. One more action required to get into firing range)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels. The enemy Navi is on Normal panel.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP [ElecReel1 +Break] [ElecReel1 +Break] [ZapRing1] [ZapRing1] ((3 Actions Remaining))
Broadside took notes on the enemy's use of nonstandard ammunition. The target is employing modular rounds utilizing variable warhead configurations. That last round appeared to be a canister missile, albeit an older version.

"You alright?" asked Jared, after watching Broadside stare at the Navi for a few moments.

"Affirmative. The target appears to be playing for distance and time, where range advantages it most. Approaching will be problematic, at best." Broadside observed grimly.

Hey. If you can't move any closer to him, bring him to you. It's that simple. Now pick up that dislodged Metal Panel. a random thought suggested.

Broadside's head tilted in a look of bafflement What?

Pick it up. I'll handle the rest. the mental voice offered, with a sense of good spirited intention.

Broadside activated one of his Rage Claws, causing a powered armor gauntlet to appear over his right arm. He flexed his taloned fingers once to test it, then moved over to the nearest loose metal panel, and leveraged it up. It wasn't easy, even with the assistance of the powered glove's servomotors, yet he was able to lift one end of the large, and very heavy, Metal Panel. The other end still rested squarely upon the ground. "...."

Here I go! the thought cheerfully popped through his head as his left arm removed itself from the sling... Which he found alarming, "Error: I have no motor control over my left arm."

Calm down! Calm Down! I'll give it back to you in a minute. Now watch. the intrusive thought said as his arm charged itself with a MagBolt1, and pressed against the back of the Metal Panel with a metallic *clang*. The electromagnetic charge began coursing through the panel as 'Broadside' attempted to turn it into a giant electromagnet. The pull of a MagBolt was one thing... the pull of an electromagnet of this size would be something entirely different....

----Summary----

1: Surprise! Drop-N-Dash. (Dodge/Advance 1 space)
<<Turn Split>>
2: Pick up Metal Panel w/ Left Arm (One of the loose ones, obviously)
--AddBreak (MagBolt1)
3: ???: Channel MagBolt1 through Metal Panel: EM Pull @ Target, bring target into Melee Range ((90+20) Elec + Magnetic Pull) [Possible x2 Damage]
4: ???: Defend w/ Metal Panel (Break Resistant, Panel drops when MagBolt1 discharges)

((Note: Metal Panels are not affected by Break.))
((Interesting strategy. I guess I'm learning more and more!))

Broadside manages to tear a loose metal panel out of the ground and points it towards the enemy Navi. He then uses a MagBolt1 battlechip program to magnetize the large 4'x4' panel and attempt to pull the enemy towards him. As he pulls the panel from the ground, the Navi takes the opportunity to aim his large cannon arm towards Broadside and lock on. Broadside shortly creates the panel magnet, causing the Navi to be pulled forward an throw off his aim. His feet were firmly planted to the ground, but Broadside increased the voltage. The Navi's tread-covered feet start to scrape across the ground, spraying sparks and bits of debris as he is pulled towards Broadside. The Navi attempts to back away from the magnet, but every bit of his body was being drawn directly towards the magnetized panel, even his cannon.

Big mistake. Broadside's move just made himself an actual "bullet magnet." The Navi fires a round at Broadside's metal panel that explodes on impact. Broadside is completely unharmed, but the panel suffered some substantial damage; cracks started to form and disrupted the magnetic field surrounding the panel. The Navi fires again, hitting the metal panel dead center, causing an explosion that shatters the panel into shimmering metal dust. The metal panel was tough enough to protect Broadside from the twin cannon rounds, but not strong enough to handle that much firepower for an extended period. However, the MagBolt1 program was till active and a great amount of current was pumping through that panel. When the panel was shattered, all that electricity had to go somewhere! The electricity was released all at once as the cannon round hit the plate, traveled down the metal bullet, and took a straight path to the closest metal object in that direction: the Navi.

The Navi is zapped by the MagBolt, and twitches a little as the electricity coursed through his body. The Navi shakes it off and calls out to Broadside. His voice is deep, coarse.
You certainly have guts to be here. I thought you would high-tail it out of here after firing a few warning shots in your direction. This area is closed off. You are to leave the area immediately or I will remove you through extreme force!
The Navi widens his stance, swings his cannon up into position and trains it on Broadside's chest. He is prepared to fire, but only if Broadside decides to make an aggressive move. He is hesitant to delete something other than a virus, but no one can know that. His job depends on it.

Unknown Navi: 1190HP (Not in melee range, but close enough for projectiles.)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels. The enemy Navi is on a Normal panel.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP [ElecReel1 +Break] [ElecReel1 +Break] [ZapRing1] [ZapRing1]

What will Broadside do?
1. Attack! He who strikes first will win!
2. Don't attack, and ask the Navi a question, etc.
3. Don't attack, but refuse to leave.
4. Run away. He clearly has you out-gunned!
5. Retreat, then attack him while his back is turned.
((6: Don't leave (yet?). Don't attack (yet?). Speak with the Navi, but stand ready to act.))

Broadside replaced his once again controllable arm back in its sling. He then stood there, facing the other Navi, his Guard Rifle still resting in the rack upon his back. His Navi Emblem still glowed with the held charges of several of his battlechips... Yet he did not use them. The other Navi had opted to address him, and he would hear what it had to say.

Broadside replied in his usual brasso, in a neutral fashion "Negative, weapons fire is not sufficient cause for retreat. Rather, it is within my coding to investigate, and if need be, neutralize the source of threats to net navigation. That is my function." He stated matter-of-factly. "I was not aware this area was under quarantine. No boundary markers have been placed to indicate the validity of your claim. Similarly, your actions have been deemed hostile up until this point. Identify yourself, and the purpose to which this area is cordoned off."

You both sound so stuffy. You're an odd pair. a passing thought, filled with mirth, relayed to him.

Broadside wasn't amused. He was ready to move if need be...
The Navi took Broadside's reply by surprise. How would this Navi stand completely undeterred by a 120mm smooth bore cannon pointed at his chest? The Navi's visor lifts away from his dark green eyes, his brow furrowed into a frown.

I don't like your tone, son! You have no say in this issue. Turn around immediately or I will fire!!!

The Navi is quite annoyed by this insubordination, and the idea of putting a 30lb armor-piercing artillery slug in Broadside's chest is sounding more and more like a good idea. As the Navi is just about to give in to his anger, a window pops up, revealing the face of a man. He looks older, maybe early 30s; and has very short dark brown hair and a chiseled face. His expression is very stoic, but he doesn't look to be showing the aggravation his Navi is expressing.

[TankMan, stand down!]

TankMan's expression changes from anger to surprise, seemingly pulled out of a trance and shocked to have been so angry towards the Navi before him. His cannon slumps down, but TankMan seems to regain his composure and his cannon swings up to vertical to stop with a dull metal clang.

Yes, sir. My apologies, sir.

[My name is Gunnery Sergeant Nick Heininger, Digital Defense Division of the Netopia National Guard. I apologize for TankMan's rash behavior, but we are responsible for keeping this area cordoned off. It is our mission to clear this area of any viruses and unauthorized Navis for the arrival of a group of Navis belonging to the top brass and other VIPs. We were told notices were posted around the area, but we expected viruses to ignore the warnings and continue through. Are you sure you didn't encounter any sort of messages signifying this was a restricted area?]
Broadside did not react to the armored Navi's ultimatum, well aware that a sudden move on his part could mean immediate combat. In the mean time, he took passive readings of the Navi's structure, adding notations to hie earlier observations. Now able to see clearly down the barrel of the cannon (whether he wanted to or not), Broadside edited his earlier assumption of it's nature from SBC to Rifle. It wasn't a happy discovery. That explains the range advantage, given the weapon's relative size. This Navi is a real threat.

Broadside frowned at that thought, and was just about to consider his combat options when the Navi's Net-Op interrupted, and commanded the Navi, TankMan, to stand down. Broadside thought the name was fitting.

As the Gunny finished speaking, Jared opened a visual communication window. "Heya. I'm Jared Farnam, a Netopian system engineer working for NAXA. This here is my partner, and former Sci-Lab test Navi, Broadside.EXE."

Broadside nodded at the mention of his name, but declined to interrupt.

"We were hunting viruses in his home Network while running a few tests when we came upon this area of the local Network. Like my partner here has already mentioned, I've yet to see any messages on my screen about a sector lock-down." Jared paused a moment before offering a theory... "Based on the level of damage I've seen in the immediate and surrounding area, I would guess the Progs assigned to broadcasting the warning messages have been deleted."

"I concur. The virii encountered just prior to our meeting were a higher than normal grade for this area, including one defunct DOSA type virus. Your security is most likely compromised."

The errant protocol didn't communicate for once, but maintained the chip charges instead. Broadside was unaware of this fact.
[Nice to meet you, Mr. Farnam and Broadside. I was sure there were border lock-down protocols put in place. We apologize for the lack of warning. I will contact my supervisor to have this mistake corrected immediately.]

TankMan turns to his NetOp's screen, and speaks up.

Sir, I just received contact from Captain Channell. The meeting has been canceled due to unscheduled withdrawals of multiple VIPs from the event. He says he "is sorry to waste your time, so consider yourself dismissed from duty until 0800 tomorrow."

[b][I see. The Captain sure knows how to take care of his troops![/b] Sergeant Heininger turns back to Broadside and Jared. Mr. Farnam, since we are off duty and both of you are a very skilled team, would you care to have a little NetBattle?]
"Netbattle? That'd be up to Broadside, since he'd be the one fighting." Jared's image turned to glance in Broadside's direction. "It's your call."

Jared's wasting his breath... a thought passed through his mind, an air of resignation accompanying it.

Broadside looked up at Jared's image and replied "Count me in."

Knew it! I Knew it! You. Are. Hopeless.... Broadside tuned it out after that.

There's a lot I could learn from this. I had best make use of this opportunity. Broadside thought to himself as he deactivated his rageclaw, closed his eyes, and reached up with his right hand to slap the still-glowing Emblem on his chest.

Emergency Override: Engaging Combat Form Protocols[b][/b] scrawled itself across Jared's screen as it did every time Broadside switched to his Mecha form.

As the text finished displaying on Jared's screen, Broadside's entire body began to glow softly, as if he were about to jack out. The details and features of his form faded into a human-shaped mass of light. The light soon lost it's shape, expanding into an enormous sphere. The sphere eventually stopped growing, and contracted once again to form a 15 foot tall glowing silhouette. Then the features solidified into Broadside's true form: that of a massive 15 foot tall, heavily armed, and well armored Mech.

But... something was different. Most of Broadside's markings were no longer present, and the blue colored sections of his armored form were a faded metallic blue instead of their normal bright gloss finish. The armor itself was also seamless now, as if cast from a single enormous block.

Broadside didn't seem to think much of the changes. His sensor suite came to life, giving him an enhanced awareness of the cyberworld around him that he'd lacked, and wish he'd had, earlier. He took one heavy half-step forward (as if it were possible for any of his steps to be light...) and looked out across the field towards TankMan.

"Broadside.EXE, present." he announced in a clear brasso.
TankMan watches as Broadside changes into a much taller Mecha form.

Wow. I'm looking forward to this! Bring it on, boy!

TankMan swings his cannon barrel down and takes aim towards Broadside, ready to fire.

Resume Battle!

TankMan.EXE: 1190HP (Not in melee range, but close enough for projectiles.)

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels. Both Navis on Normal panels.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP

-<Battle #5 continued! Heavy-Armor Rumble! Ready, Fight!>-
Broadside scanned the battlefield. An isometric representation of the field presented itself to him, showing him where every panel he had a line of sight on was within a large radius. The image cropped itself, doing away with the portions of the field that weren't relevant to the situation. The locations of all nearby Metal Panels highlighted white on the grid, while missing panels highlighted red.

Meanwhile, the F.C.S. focused all of its undivided attention on lighting up TankMan like a holiday display with numerous target locks for dozens of different weapons. The red dots of T.A.G. lasers started to appear on TankMan's body as it began tracking his movements and computing attack vectors for the F.C.S. The two, between them, began sending a series of prediction trees to one of the tactical processors. It turned those predictions into a model of the other Navi's estimated combat capabilities, and the impact they could have upon the battle.

The targeting system subroutines then shared their data with the tactical processor subroutine that was handling the terrain mapping. The data merged, and vector lines shot out from TankMan's icon to each of the highlighted panels in a 90 degree cone behind the armored Navi. The field of data refreshed, clearing away the vectors that did not comply with Broadside's tactical specifications. The field refreshed again, eliminating half of what was left, and all of the vectors leading to missing panels, but also expanding to incorporate the projections of TankMan's battle capabilities into the field.

Broadside then accessed his weapon's manifest, and selected the appropriate chip data to execute his plan. He shunted the data to the various weapons he would use to attack with, and began queuing up a firing sequence with substitutes for triggered contingencies. He then designated TankMan as the trigger for the decision tree that controlled the fire plan.

This process, with many variations and permutations, repeated itself time and again; observing... processing... planning... All of it updated continuously in real-time. This was how Broadside saw and thought about the world around him as he began his advance towards his target: TankMan.

As Broadside began his advance, an ethereal gold disk made of hundreds of hexagonal facets came into being before him protectively. The Guard1 was a poor substitute for Broadside's other defenses, but it would have to suffice if his plan was going to work.

Broadside's weapon arm rotated upwards, much like TankMan's cannon arm. The blocky appendage split horizontally as it tracked upwards, then separated vertically, revealing a split-barrel Rail-Driver. The weapon's inner surfaces began to glow as the EM fields projected into the space between. The fields began to draw in the air around the gun. The captured air was then gravitationally compressed into a small cylindrical space, much like a rod. The compressed air column has held in stasis for the moment.

A moment later, one of the Hunter/Killer remote weapon platforms disengaged its locks, and undocked from the hangar on Broadside's back. It was already loaded with a Thunder1's weapon data, and floated behind Broadside, standing by for the order to deploy and attack.

Broadside, meanwhile, moved to line up TankMan with one of the many Metal Panels scattered about behind him. He took the time to correlate his targeting and tracking data with his fire plan, and waited for the right oppor---

NOW!

The H/K popped up above Broadside's left shoulder, its 4-way split-barrel beam rifle already opened, charged, and ready. It pivoted, targeting TankMan, and fired the particle beam at the Navi. Broadside followed up the attack by firing the AirShot1 from the Rail-Driver with muted flash of light signifying the deactivation of one of the EM fields. The completely invisible projectile traveled at a speed far exceeding that of the particle cannon. The attacks would arrive in reverse order...

J.T. crossed his fingers as he watched.

----Summary----

1: Guard1 (Reflect 60)
2: Line up the shot on a Metal Panel. (Take Aim)
4: Airshot1 @ TankMan, pushing him onto a metal panel. (20 Null + Microburst)
3: Thunder1 @ TankMan, trying to keep him on the Metal Panel (hopefully). ((40 + 20) Elec + Stun + Homing)

---Sigs--- ((Battle Form Active: All Sigs Available))
((None used.))

---Delayed---
ElecReel1 [+Break]
ElecReel1 [+Break]
ZapRing1
ZapRing1
TankMan opens fire with his machine gun, only to have his attack deflected back at him. He is then blown back to one of the metal panels and is consequently hit by a Thunder1 chip, stunning him briefly.

TankMan.EXE: 1040HP

Terrain: 30% Normal, 30% Metal, 20% Cracked, 20% Missing (Random pattern of Normal and Metal panels, Missing panels surrounded by Cracked panels. TankMan is on a metal panel.)

Broadside.EXE 200HP [ElecReel1 + Break x2] [ZapRing1 x2]
As TankMan was pushed onto the Metal Panel, Broadside shunted two more Thunders and both ZapRings to four more of his H/K's, and ordered them to launch. As the particle beam connected with TankMan, Broadside opened his missile batteries and also charged his plasma cannon. His F.C.S. used the T.A.G.'s laser targeting beams to acquire a staggering 40 individual missile locks in less than an eye-blink....

Suddenly, the quartet of Hunter/Killers sprang into the air, pivoting to aim at Tankman, and began firing more particle beams at the armored Navi. At the same time as the first shots fired from the H/K's, the plasma cannon erupted with a thunderous roar, sending a wide beam of destructive energy lancing outwards. The barrage of energy fire continued as the Mecha Navi advanced, beam after beam, interspersed with another net-rending energy blast from the main cannon... And all of it punctuated by the launch of a terrifying salvo of 40 homing missiles ripple-firing into the air, looping up or outward, then turning inwards towards their prey. The proximity warheads converged upon TankMan....

And detonated, filling the area with data destroying plasma.

Broadside's sensors were temporarily blind to TankMan's whereabouts as the missiles, and their indirect attack warheads, continued their staccato detonations.

----Summary----

1: Thunder1 @ TankMan ((40+20)Elec + Stun + Homing)
--- ElecReel1 @ TankMan ((80+20) Elec + To-All-Ground) [+ Break]
--- ZapRing1 @ TankMan ((40+20)Elec + Stun)
--- AddBreak (Thunder1)
2: Thunder1 @ TankMan ((40+20)Elec + Stun + Homing) [+ Break]
--- ZapRing1 @ TankMan ((40+20)Elec + Stun)
--- ElecReel1 @ TankMan ((80+20) Elec + To-All-Ground) [+ Break]
3: Missile Barrage L @ TankMan (5 Elec x 20 Missiles + Homing Attack + Seeking, Side Effect: Slow, 4 TCD) [+ Break]
4: Missile Barrage R @ TankMan (5 Elec x 20 Missiles + Homing Attack + Seeking, Side Effect: Slow, 4 TCD) [+ Break]

Damage to Self: 30 (170 HP)

--Sigs--
Missile Barrage L (Activated)
Missile Barrage R (Activated)