Scouting - The Forgotten Path

Empress was pummeled by the attacks once more as she had fallen back upon heavy fire. That last pint of her hit points was like a thread of life being pulled to it's fullest stretch. How long it would last, one wouldn't know. She knew she had to act now if she were to finish up this battle and at least carry out Keera's wishes to win. If that was her wish anymore. She panted heavily as she could feel the after effects of the shocking attack from the Pulsebulb. Requiring strength to move, she rested herself letting the Paralysis slowly thin as it took a toll on her speed to even make an action.

"I'm not like you..."

Empress had calmed her breathing as it overlapped with the sound of Keera's voice.

"I'm nothing like you!"

She repeated herself to make sure that Empress heard, or maybe it was out of here own convincing. Most likely in denial no less. Empress didn't hate her for saying that. She knew what she was doing, and for that, she could only smile once more.

"I'm not angry at you for saying such things Madam Keera. I once told myself the same thing. It was when I tried to doubt myself as more than a servant thinking I could do more for you." She paused as he given a slight chuckle. "No...I'll rephrase myself that: I thought I couldn't do more for you. That was the lie I told myself." she had said smiling as she stood up shaking off the last traces of the electric surge through her systems.

"You can be nothing more than my tool!"

"I can be your dearest friend and your tool Madam Keera!"

She was speechless. Keera had drew breath at the sudden outburst thinking that Empress wouldn't raise her voice like so. She reached her bottom lip into her mouth as she bit down trying to think of something and clear this infernal fog within her mind. A fog that was made up of a series of voices and praises that Empress had been mentally shooting from her heart freely. It was like the voices that were in a crowd trying to persuade a person to come over to their way of thinking, but Keera was stubborn. All she had was this hate. She wasn't ready to let it go, but Empress was. What good was this dark feeling to a NetNavi after all?

Now, her time to retaliate had come, Empress had spun around with a curved green item in hand. It was almost like a large sword the way she swung it, but not only did it aim to slice the Pulsebulb upon her swing, but further lash outward as it intended to curve around. She was careful with how much strength she used to throw her large weapon as she cast it far out making sure it would aim to fly into the distance so she wouldn't strike the Mystery Data with it's spin. Her other targets where the meddlesome Yort viruses in the distance.

She switched reached behind her back as she unveiled her favored weapon. With the crack of her whip, she had whipped her arm left and right. She reeled back finally as she started to make her opening strike aiming to attack the other distant PulseBulb virus to delay them for one turn while she tended to the Yo-Yo carrying viruses. Her whip had stayed in hand keeping it by her side. It would be perfect for taming her attackers if they were to make their counter attack. Even with her defenses, she got in a posture ready to dodge. Lightening the load she reached to the top of her dress ripping off the upper blouse to reveal a patterned upper under shirt wear that went around her top to nestle her cleavage and all the way to her torso. It seemed her preference was for the distant female pantaloons that the flappers would wear. It readied her to dodge, but it didn't change the fact that her body would let out some eerie distortion to attempt to absorb some more energy from one of the distant virus units on the field.

She only could think about Keera right now. In her mind, she prayed she would see her way.
--------------------------------------------------------

Action 1 - Shake off Stun

Action 2 - Boomerang1 - 60 Damage (+ Wood) @ PulseBulbB (The one I'm assuming attacked and is now in close range), YortB, Yort C

Action 3 - Whip "n" Tango - (stun2 + X Hit Barrier) @ PulseBulbA & PulseBulbC

Action 4 - Dodge

Passive Action - Distortion - 10 Drain (+ Recovery) @ YortC
For some reason or another, the Pulsebulb stays open long enough for the stun to wear off and for Empress to chuck the boomerrang. The weapon also manages to catch a Yort, though the last target slides to the side, out of the way. She then stuns the two remaining bulbs and puts up a defense that should at least allow her to withstand one more hit. She also steals a bit of energy from one of the Yort. A Yoyo is then sent her way, though she evades. One Pulsebulb manages to shake off its stun.

BillyA: DELETED!
BillyB: DELETED!
Bunny: DELETED!
BunnyEXA: DELETED!
BunnyEXB: DELETED!
PulsebulbA: 120(M) (stun)
PulsebulbB: DELETED!
PulsebulbC: 120
HardheadA: DELETED!
HardheadB: DELETD!
YortA: DELETED!
YortB: 20(M)
YortC: 60

Terrain: 51% Normal 38% Metal 10% Trap 1% Cracked (its randomly scattered)

Mystery Data: 35

Empress: 11 (Barrier)
"I can't last forever."

Coming to terms with that truth, Empress had panted heavily while keeping her whip active in her hand readying to deflect any in coming attack. She had lifted her other hand as she aimed for the next virus set. The next closest were they Yort viruses and she was fairly certain she could delete them with the right battlechip. She had let her chin lower as she started to plunge through the Mem.dat folder of Keera's cyber brain keeping the hollow link active. She focused her aim awaiting for herself to acquire the data...

"Shotgun! Download! Tap!"

Empress's eyes had widened so suddenly hearing that voice. Fortunate for her, the shock was so sudden that her hand froze up to keep her aim stuck on the Yort viruses as the data for the Shotgun battlechip had shot by her mental link using another outgoing link and emitting from her palm in a sudden forceful blast. It aimed for the standing virus as well as the second one in line and Empress had reacted as her breath caught soon finding all her communication functions linking to Keera.

"You've chosen to operate me? I'm pleased Madam Keera."

Keera's expression was nothing short of amused as she sat silently with that sly smirk on her face.

"No...I'm fighting with you. If I'm just operating you, we won't get anywhere. Let's handle these last few viruses. They shouldn't be that much trouble."

Empress had smiled delighted. She couldn't remember the last time she felt such fond feelings. No...she couldn't remember feeling like this at all! She had nod her head as her voice was too chocked to make one of her usual stern and straight laced 'affirmative" replies.

"Yes..."

That was all needed to be said after all. She had narrowed her eyes and Keera had done the same preparing the sync connection.

"Mem.Dat! Mental Link engaged! Operations a-go!"

Empress had taken that as her sign to go as she had accessed the folder on a quicker pace than usual. It was most likely because of their link being reformed. Keera's mind and Empress's agreeing as they met half and half with the requested and required data. Empress had reached out her right hand forming and holding a slot that held a massive Boomerang. She had spun around as she kneeled into a powerful pose after slinging her limb out to cast off her weapon into a spin and aimed for both Pulsebulbs and stood at the returning point for it to come back incase the virus would go on the offensive and end up not paying mind to the returning object.

She still had plenty of juice left as she held out her right arm. A surge of electricity had emitted before she had whipped it into the air and brought it crashing down right in front of her as a small ball of thunder had begun to roll across the area. It roamed freely as it homed in on any virus that was left alive most likely. It was better safe than sorry.

As Empress had picked up the pace, she had readied herself rearming her right hand with the whip she had previously held in order to deflect any incoming attacks and her eyes moving to anticipate any incoming attacks to dodge them. Her body giving out the same powerful vibe as usual as she aimed to absorb any nearby virus's energy that was still very much alive within the area.
------------------------------------------------

Action 1 - Shotgun - 50 Damage (+ Spread + Untapped Potential (+10 Dmg)) @ YortB & YortC

Action 2 - Boomerang1 - 60 Damage (Wood-Element) @ PulseBulbA & PulseBulbC

Action 3 - Thunder1 - 40 Damage (+ Homing + Elec-Element) @ Anything Remaining

Action 4 - Anticipate/Dodge

Passive Action - Distortion - 10 Drain @ Anything Remaining
The Yort smush together, trying to adjust their aim to hit Empress. Of course, in doing so, both get blasted by the shotgun. Empress throws a boomerrang but one bulb is stuck close due to stun. The other opens up to attack and is cut down. The thunder then rolls into the last remaining enemy which is... still stuck shut. It finally manages to break out of its funk right after Empress steals some HP from it.

PulsebulbA: 110(M)
PulsebulbC: DELETED!
YortB: DELETED!
YortC: DELETED!

Terrain: 51% Normal 38% Metal 10% Trap 1% Cracked (its randomly scattered)

Mystery Data: 35

Empress: 21 (Barrier)
One enemy left.

It wasn't a threat, not a large one at least. With that deflective coating of armor nonetheless, it would be a pain. She knew she couldn't miss the chance it got to open that hard casing of shell. As Keera would say, it would be out of the question, and her time to strike was now. Calm, reliant, she knew Keera wouldn't let her down as the NetOp had already taken the liberty of taking a flick from her two fingers plucking away an empty and useless battlechip and her eyes sending a bundle of data.

"Get ready to attack...and make sure the data isn't harmed." Keera had warned. Empress acknowledged it, but the reply wasn't a strict address with formality. There need not be any words said because of their unity. Her eyes glowing the same violet color as Empress had bent her legs letting her arms spread to her sides. They had crackled as a current running through both arms charged up for an electric type attack. Soon her arms were banned in rings of unstable energy.

"Here I go!" Empress had roared as she threw her arms into the air. The rings of unstable energy forming into more compressed forms as Empress held them over her palms presenting them before going into a round about with a twirl of her both kicking her skirt of slightly seeing it was already in ruins. She could be compared to a ballerina.

"Spin!" she had cried out sending the two rings racing forward aiming to stun her enemy with at least one of them.

She had options, but very few. A Ringlog? A Ratton? No! This damn thing was floating. Keera's eyes as well as Empress's had went opposite directions as if they were traveling into their separate thinking corners. Soon, they had stared in the same direction back on the nearby Pulsebulb. Their next maneuver would be tricky as they picked up on their body language.

"Close range it is then."

Keera had loaded the battlechip Rageclaw and watched as Empress's right hand had become covered with the long nails piercing from her thick black gloves. She had rushed forward with her melee weapon as she reached with the very nails to strike the Pulsebulb virus and rattle it for some damage with their effort they hoped that the hidden potential put into the attack didn't go to waste. They weren't anything but unprepared at the moment knowing the virus was capable of counterattacking from such a close range.

Empress free left hand let off a distorting veil that seemed almost invisible to the eye. It was a distorted imbalance of energy, and she knew perfectly what to do with it. She reached out to thrust forward and blow the virus back if she was lucky enough. If by any means, it would keep her out of range from it's attack before it knew what hit it. Her posture returning to it's usual form and her whip still grasped in her grip after bringing it back out prepared for anything that came her way, Empress had only let her body cast out the funnel of distortion to absorb more of the atmosphere, and any energy from the virus that came with it upon her absorption.
-----------------------------------------------

Action 1 - ZapRing1 - 40 Damage (+Stun + Elec-Element) @ PulseBulbA

Action 2 - ZapRing1 - 40 Damage (+Stun + Elec-Element) @ PulseBulbA

Action 3 - Rage Claw - 50 Damage (+Untapped Potential) @PulseBulbA

Action 4 - Static Blast - 20 Drain (+ Microburst) @ PulseBulbA

Passive Action - Distortion - 10 Drain @ PulseBulbA
The enemy opens up to attack and is met with a zapring. Another one shortly follows, which proves enough to finish the large goober off.

PulsebulbA: DELETED!
PulsebulbC: DELETED!
YortB: DELETED!
YortC: DELETED!

Terrain: 52% Normal 37% Metal 10% Trap 1% Cracked (its randomly scattered)

Mystery Data: OPENED!

Empress: 21 (Barrier)

Rewards: Cannonball, 950z
Bonus: 650z
(Keeping this short, I'm busy...)

It was silent again as Empress had stood seeing the simmering pieces of the virus break away. She looked around the area as Keera let out a sigh and was silent...just for a moment.

"I guess...this means mission failed." She had said but out of the usual context of being frustrated. This time, she took it easily as Empress remained silent.

"I guess...we have some things to talk about..." she said brokenly as Empress could only bring herself to nod her head in agreement.

"Very well...jack out now."

Empress had lowered her head and raised her right hand. In a flash of light and a computer confirmed hollow voice, she vanished from SciLab's deep reaches.

Logged Out!