Quest Fetch

Just as when everything was starting to turn out fine for Mill and Anyis (and Magna), the navi suddenly found herself ambushed by a group of Spikey2s, growling down at their preys. However, the flames burning in the viruses' mouth suddenly fizzled out and Anyis could suddenly feel a drop in temperature. The Spikeys began to shake in cold and whimpered away to warm their nearly-frozen bodies.

And before anyone realized...It began to snow in the quiet ACDC network.

"A...AAA...ACHOOOO"

A large sneeze echoed through the snowy network as a lone navi began to walk towards Anyis' direction. The navi was rather short in height, shorter than Anyis, but he was packed in terms of layers of clothing. Sweater over a jacket over a trenchcoat over a sweater vest over a raincoat, he clearly wasn't dressed with fashion in mind. On top of all those clothes, the navi had a long white scarf decorated with aqua blue snoeflakes, almost wrapped entirely around his upper body (If one could tell the difference with so much clothes on him) and had enough to drag behind his feet

"Ahh...I wish I could end this darn fl...fl...FLUUCHOOO"

The navi's words were muffled by his thick, woven cough mask, but it wasn't worn completely through as it revealed his bright red nose. His emblem, which was placed on the earflap of his beanie, was a nose dripping down a large drop of water(?)...Which would be an obvious indication of what this navi was themed.

"...A navi?"

As soon as he saw Anyis, the navi tucked a paper bag close to his chest and his comically large blue eyes narrowed to stare. "W-who are you, what do...do...DOOCHUUU...want with me?" The navi was suddenly intimidated by Anyis' mere presence...or it may have been the giant golem standing beside her that was doing the job. "I-I bought this medicine with my money. I-I can't let you hav...Why aren't you shivering like everyone else?!"

The once cowering tone of voice shifted to a more demanding tone as "FluMan" began to approach Anyis. "Y-you have some medicine that keeps you from getting cold?! G-give it to me please!...No, you're not gonna give something that g-g-g-GREACHUUU...I-I-I-I just have to take it from you!"

The snowfall soon began to brew up as fierce winds began to take in the effect, instantly covering half the network deep in snow. "FluMan" dropped the bag of medicine and stretched both his arms out as a form of readying for battle...Though due to the layer of clothes, so little of his arm was shown.

"I-I'm coming fo...for...fo...CHUUUUU!"

"FluMan": 800 HP [Snow]

Terrain: 50% Normal / 50% Snow

Anyis.EXE: 150 HP [Normal]
Magna.SP: 80 HP [Normal]
"... What?" was all Mill could manage. "I'm sorry, could anyone recap that for me?"

"He wants me to beat him up." answered Anyis as a matter-of-fact.

"The foreign unit requests to copy the Mother Unit's files on lower-bound temperature resistance." answered Magna very specifically.

"He wants to be friends~!" answered Euthenia with a smile.

Mill took a long pause after processing the answer from his sister's Navi, but ultimately disregarded it. "Uh, right, just do what you want, Anyis. Whatever this guy wants can't be more important than getting Lilia's prescription."

"See, now there's some logic I can agree with. We've got priorities, and this guy is literally asking to be beaten up. Who am I to not oblige that?" nodded Anyis, who was very satisfied by how this conversation was going.

"It doesn't take much to justify a fight for you, does it?" questioned Mill rhetorically. "You've been doing fine without much of my input so far, so I'm just going to send you some chips and leave it at that. I have some questions I want to ask Euthenia in the mean time..."

"Oh? I hope I can be of service~" responded Euthenia happily.

Anyis simply shook her head at the prospect of playing 20 questions with her sister, and left it at that. She had someone else to deal with first, after all. "Hey, puffy guy!" shouted Anyis, referencing FluMan's many layers of clothes. "You want what I've got? Come and get it!" As she continued her taunting, Anyis equipped the MagBolt Mill had sent a moment ago and pointed it at FluMan. Power flowed through the electromagnet, creating a magnetic field that pulled and tugged at FluMan in an effort to drag him in and shock him with the current fueling the chip.

"I do have to admit, though... I don't have anything that keeps me from getting cold." said Anyis as she got closer to FluMan, be it through her own movements if not the MagBolt. "That's because I am the cold!" With that, Anyis's gauntlet encased itself in a thick sheet of ice, and with her newly-triggered ColdPunch, threw a hard punch at FluMan's face. Inwardly admitting that punching some 5-ish layers of clothes wouldn't accomplish much, Anyis pulled her fist back and launched the ColdPunch once more at FluMan's face. If nothing else, maybe his sneezing would get plugged up by a broken nose.

"You came to the wrong girl if you want to escape the cold, puffy guy!" laughed Anyis as she triggered her third and final chip, causing a wall of snow to erupt between her and FluMan. With the pre-existing snow there as a resource, the structure of the summoned SnowFort became extra stable and acted as a solid impasse between the two Navis.

As if the SnowFort wasn't enough, Magna, fairly quiet amidst Anyis's attack on FluMan, crashed down between her and the wall of snow. "Mother Unit, I do not advise antagonizing an aggressive enemy unit. It is imperative that you remain undamaged as much as possible, so please allow me to defend you."

"... I'm surprised you actually worry enough about this guy to consider him a threat, but sure, do what you want." shrugged Anyis as she watched Magna erect his own shield and barrier around himself.

"Thank you Mother Unit, I will not disappoint." nodded Magna as he watched the snow wall and everything around it.

Anyis's Actions:
1) MagBolt1 (90 Elec damage, Stun, Magnetic Pull) @ FluMan
2) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage, Impact, Knockback) @ FluMan
3) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage, Impact, Knockback) @ FluMan
4) SnowFort1 (2 Hit Standalone Shield) in front of self
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
-- Reinforced Golem's Buckler (2-Hit Passive Shield)
1) Core Field (80 HP Barrier, 2 TCD) @ Self
2) Defend Mother Unit

Cooldowns:
Core Field - 2 turns
"O-Okay then...Here I Co...Coo...COMCHUUU"

FluMan was fully determined to get the makeshift medicine that kept Anyis from getting cold, gentling placing down the bag of his own medicine down to the ground and awkwardly wrapping the up the rest of the scarf around his body. But because of all these extra preparations, it gave Anyis the chance to take the initiative.

The puffy navi was quickly dragged by the Magbolt and received a shock treatment. "Owieowie!" But just before Anyis was about to throw her ColdFist, she (indirectly) stated that she had nothing that kept her from getting the cold. "O-Oh? If that's the case...W-What's the point in continuing this figh--NARF" When FluMan tried to reason with Anyis, he only got a face full of icy fist into his face.

She sure wasn't kidding about her being cold.

But as the navi went for the second helping of the attack, FluMan's bright red nose began to tingle as he was on the verge of yet another sneeze. "Ah...AHH...AHHPATHACHAHICHUUUUUUU" The sheer force of the sneeze sent Anyis flying through the field, covered in...what anyone else would imagine, and causing her next ColdFist to fail due to the distance apart. [-30 / Microburst]

However, as soon as the she landed back on ground, she found that the "liquid" covering her body had already frozen up and restricted her bodily movements. But before it became too serious, Anyis was able to set the SnowFort and the loyal Magna was already in place to guard his master.

"Urgh, my nose feels so sensitive now...If that's how you're gonna play! F-f-f-FINECHUUU"

FluMan was definitely enraged by Anyis, but the first thing he had to do first was to blow his nose with tissues after tissues. In a blink of an eye, two piles of used tissues was already amassed and...began to move on its own. Forming into a familiar, snowman-like structure, the "TissueMan" began to throw snowballs with their twig-like tissue arms. [-20 / -20]

Though all the snowball was easily repelled by Magna's barrier, FluMan's next attack came as a surprise when a giant cloud was formed above the golem's head. "Take thi--SACHUUU" The cloud began to pour down small icicles down onto Magna and began to move up towards Anyis. Thankfully, the last bit of the barrier warded the attack off while Anyis was able to dodge the attack easily.

"FluMan": 525 HP [Snow]
TissueManA: 40 HP
TissueManB: 40 HP
Lilcloud: 1 Turn

Terrain: 25% Normal / 75% Snow

Anyis.EXE: 120 HP [Normal] [Frozen (2 turns)]
Magna.SP: 80 HP [Snow] [2-hit Shield / Barrier DESTROYED]
SnowFort: 1-hit Object
"Argh, what the hell is this...?!" screamed Anyis in disgust as she could only watch the... nasal semi-liquid freeze her arms to her body. The fact that she was bound by FluMan's snot was horrific enough by itself, but the matter of her being frozen was just utterly embarrassing. What was it that she said earlier? That she "was the cold"? Yeah, well, the cold just got frozen.

The sheer frustration visible on her face gave Mill plenty of reason to be concerned. "Uh... Anyis? You okay?" asked Mill cautiously, equally worried about both his Navi's temper and how much trouble she was about to get herself into.

"I'm going to destroy him." announced Anyis, completely disregarding her Operator's question. Apparently Anyis's anger was plugging her ears up.

"... Okay then, I'll just leave it to you for now since you can't hear me." shrugged Mill. "Magna, you might want to back off before you're caught in the crossfire."

"Understood, Operator." acknowledged Magna as he slid his way behind the Mother Unit. He already had a hunch of what was going to happen next.

"Anyis is the scariest of all of us when she's angry~" giggled Euthenia as she enjoyed the spectacle from the video feed Mill had set up in her PET.

Anyis had been angry before. Heck, she had even been this angry before. However, something was different this time. She understood that she was angry. Why she was angry. And, by god, she knew how she was going to vent this burning anger onto FluMan's soon-to-be corpse. She was totally seeing red.

... Literally. A red visor had formed over Anyis's eyes, and that could only mean one thing: MeleeCross. Her useless, frozen arms became useless, frozen, bandaged arms, further compounding the uselessness of that situation as her clothes took on the red and black palette of the Cross. Most importantly, though, her gauntlets were now free of their icy prison, floating at her sides with the semi-formless duo of ghosts possessing them.

The icy prison was not long to last, though, because Anyis had additionally brought the heat to this snowball fight. "This is what you get for freezing the cold! I will melt you!" shouted Anyis, her free-floating gauntlets quivering in anticipation in place of her frozen, bandaged hands. "Spirit Fist! Red Hot Phantom!" With that command, the two gauntlet ghosts ignited. As they had previously been invisible to everyone but Anyis, it had to be jarring to see a pair of burning flames with eyes erupt into existence. As the heat from their bodies beat down on the ice block encasing Anyis's arms, the ghosts converted themselves into thrust, propelling the gauntlets into the snow pack, melting it on contact and leaving a trail of lava in their wake. With the speed and force akin to rockets, the flaming gauntlet ghosts quickly raced past FluMan and his TissueMen before looping around and returning to Anyis's side.

Anyis's Actions:
1) MeleeCross (Fire Element, +15 Fire chip damage, +20 HP, +1 action)
2) Spirit Fist: Red Hot Phantom (Large Area Lava Terrain Change, 1TCD)

--TURN SPLICE--
Anyis' transformation into MeleeCross had left FluMan jaw dropping, speechless till the two ghostly fists turned the field into a giant pool of lava. "Aww, hot hot hot! I'm already warm with these clothings!" The navi along with his summoned TissueMans was burnt up by the lava...along with Magna who wasn't able to get away in time.

But before the hot-blooded Anyis took action, the snow fall began to come over once more as it covered a good half of the lava in snow...

"FluMan": 520 HP [Snow]
TissueManA: 35 HP [Snow]
TissueManB: 35 HP [Snow]
Lilcloud: 1 Turn

Terrain: 35% Lava / 65% Snow

Anyis.EXE: 120 HP [Lava] [3 Turns Left]
Magna.SP: 75 HP [Snow] [2-hit Shield]
SnowFort: 1-hit Object [Lava]
Mill sighed as he watched Anyis explode in a fury, leaving him to contemplate the thought of disabling MeleeCross. He contemplated... and contemplated... and contemplated... Wait, how long had he been contemplating? It felt like Mill had just been standing frozen in the same spot for ages... Well, whatever, just shake it off. For every further moment he was spacing out, the chance of Anyis blindly throwing herself to her doom rose exponentially. He had to at least try to save her.

"Hey Anyis, before you go fling your fiery disposition at FluMan's cold, let me force some defense on you." said Mill, pleading with his reckless Navi. Before Anyis could object, or just flat out ignore him for that matter, Mill slipped his Shadow chip into the PET, figuring that would give her cushion against most of FluMan's icy attacks.

Anyis's mind was too busy bubbling over in anger for her to formulate any sort of objection or response to the delay, so she just kind of half-watched as her body faded into a metaphysical state. The first thing that did eventually come out of her mouth was completely unrelated: "Raaaah!" shouted Anyis towards FluMan, and despite the lack of any proper translation, she managed to summon BoogeyMan behind the ailing Navi on effort alone. Ironically, the spectral minion was more clear on his orders than ever before, since Anyis was totally and entirely focused on drowning FluMan in lava, punching the crap out of him, and delivering a general variety of unplesantries unto him. That was more than enough for Boogeyman to understand who the target was, so without much ado, the phantom gave FluMan a solid shove in hopes of removing him from the freshly fallen snow and back into the lava he hated so much.

"Operator, how should I provide assistance?" queried Magna, having finished evacuating back onto the snowpack and away from the lava.

"Just, uh... Stay put for now. I'm worried that if you went in there, you'd take just as much damage from Anyis as FluMan as is." answered Mill as he fished around in his pocket for some attack chips to send.

"Understood. I will extend my observations until assistance is needed." nodded Magna as he quickly put together another shield and raised his guard.

Mill then slotted in two chips for Anyis, and said, "Well... I'd say 'go crazy', but you'd probably take that a bit literally right now. So just make good use of these, I guess." Mill wasn't particularly sure how to address Anyis when she was in her rage-triggered MeleeCross, so he was just going trial-and-error for the time being.

Without even acknowledging the transfer, Anyis immediately shouted, "Die!", at FluMan as a long bone was flung from the palm of one of her floating gauntlets as soon as it materialized. The Skully chip spun awkwardly through the air towards the sickly Navi, ready to turn back around and make another pass if it needed to. Of course, being in full combat mode, Anyis already launched the second attack before any resolution came of the first. The dual spikes of the TwinFang chip appeared with one in each gauntlet palm, and with the weapons, each gauntlet pointed towards a summoned TissueMan. Each of the two possessed gauntlets lightly tossed their fang into the air, then punched them forward with the force of a guns firing bullets. Whenever this ended and Anyis regained her proper mind, she'd probably be quick to question why Mill didn't give her any melee chips when she had the Shadow veil, but for now she could only follow the basic logic that she should evade once she was out of chips.

Anyis's Actions:
3) Shadow1 (1 Turn Shadow) @ Self
--Boogeyman (Passive Knockback): Push FluMan into Lava
4) Skully1 (100 damage, Homing, Confusion) @ FluMan
5) TwinFang1 (70 damage x 2 targets) @ TissueManA/TissueManB
6) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (Passive 2-Hit Shield)
1) Defend
2) Defend

Cooldowns:
Core Field - 1 turn
Spirit Fist: Red Hot Phantom - 1 turn
Mill quickly decided that Anyis' rash actions gave FluMan an elemental advantage and was quick to send in the Shadow chip to change the spirit medium's body into a more liquid-like state.

Anyis quickly summoned Boogeyman from the River and proceeded to slam FluMan back into the lava.

"W-WAH! NOH- NOT AGA-CHU!" FluMan wailed as he quickly summoned an IceCube on top of the lava and boarded it in hopes of prolonging his status in the battle. The TissueMen flung more Snowballs at Anyis, but did absolutely nothing due to her current state of transient...-ness.

Anyis continued her assault by giving FluMan a bone. Literally.

"GAH! W-WHAT IS THAT? A-A-ACHOOO!" FluMan whined, sneezing his Facemask off, but making it suddenly enlarge to a disproportionate size, acting as a massive, lingering shield.

...which would work well if the Skully wasn't possessed by ghosts and clobbered FluMan on the head.

"Uuuugh s-so dizzy... @_@" FluMan complained as the lava ate away at his IceCube and Anyis took down his Tissuebots with ease.

The Lilcloud moved in to soak Anyis, but she nimbly rolled out of the way as the place she was once standing on exploded into steam. That probably would've hurt... a lot. The cloud disappeared after this.

Snow continued to fall.

"FluMan": 415 HP [On top of IceCube][Confused]
IceCube: 85 HP [Lava]
TissueManA: FANGED
TissueManB: FANGED

Anyis.EXE: 120 HP [Lava] [Shadow]
Magna.SP: 75 HP [Snow] [2-hit Shield]
SnowFort: 1-hit Object [Lava]
"Damn right you're dizzy! You're not gonna know which way is up when I'm done with you!" yelled Anyis as her possessed gauntlets returned to her side. "Boogeyman! Turn him upside down!" With Anyis finally finding her words, the phantasmal lackey launched himself into action, skimming across the lava before slamming himself right into FluMan's emergency flotation IceCube.

"Mill, give me something to hit this fool with now, or I'll go in there and beat him senseless with these useless bandaged stumps if I have to!" barked Anyis, lifting her own arms to display the bindings that MeleeCross brought upon her.

"Okay, okay, hold on!" replied Mill, well aware that she'd really do it, and thus very fearful of her threat. He immediately tore through his folder to produce two of Anyis's favorite chips, then slotted them in to appease the raging battler.

"Much better!" said Anyis with a grin, having already started building up ghost data before her Operator delivered the chips. She wasted no time in triggering the first chip, making her gauntlets rise up and clasp their hands together as a cloudy steam engulfed them. As the giant hand of the MistConv began to form, Anyis blasted her gauntlets with the ghost data she had amassed, creating a surge of power within the Battlechip. As it seemed that the MistConv finished forming, the additional data infused into it caused the gaseous fist to grow even further, up to the point where it was casting a cloud's shadow upon the battlefield.

"I will crush you with all my power! You should be grateful!" laughed Anyis as she willed the colossal steam fist unto the world, sending the shadows it produced rolling over the battlefield as it descended. As the steam began to collide with the lava, and explosive reaction immediately took place, and only became more furious as the clutched MistConv fist fully crashed into the pool.

As the clutched gauntlets broke apart, it seemed like this was all over... not. "Don't think you're going to get away with just that!" Her left gauntlet's ghost immediately ignited upon Anyis's claim, and the fist itself encased itself in a thick layer of ice. The whole setup looked like it was ready to explode, really, as the heat of MeleeCross warred with the chill of the ColdPunch. Despite that, though, the simultaneously frozen and flaming fist rocketed down to earth with FluMan's gut as the target. It slammed itself at the sickened Navi, lifted up, and launched at him again. Refusing to back down, the thermally insane gauntlet took a hard sideswipe at FluMan's face, before finally spinning itself in a brutal uppercut.

As the Mother Unit willed her rage and fury upon FluMan, Magna found himself throwing caution to the wind much like his master, but with the express purpose of protecting the Mother Unit from her own recklessness. Despite having no resistance to it, Magna waded into the lava, shifted himself in front of the Mother Unit, raised his tower shield in front of him, and in his other hand built a second shield for good measure. Despite what she may say, Magna was aware the Mother Unit was very susceptible to cold attacks like the kinds Unit FluMan had exhibited up to this point. Curiously, the Mother Unit did not even acknowledge Magna's presence in front of her, choosing only to focus on pummeling FluMan into about what his TissueMen looked like right now. Just as well, Magna figured.

Anyis's Actions:
--Boogeyman (Passive Knockback): Knock IceCube out from under FluMan's feet
1) Channel Surf (120 Strengthen, 3TCD) @ Self
2) STEAMING RAGE MISTCONV (220 Aqua damage x Lava terrain bonus, Impact) @ FluMan
3-6) COLDPUNCH FURY (70 Aqua damage, Impact, Knockback x 4 hits) @ FluMan

Magna's Actions:
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (Passive 2-Hit Shield)
1) BRAVE THE LAVA
2) DEFEND THE MOTHER UNIT

Cooldowns:
Core Field - Ready
Spirit Fist: Red Hot Phantom - Ready
Channel Surf - 3 turns
"Y-YOU'RE S-SO MEA-CHU! I was r-ready to stop before!" FluMan wailed, throwing another IceCube down as the one below him was suddenly pushed out of the way.

"W-what a meanie! Take thi-CHU!" FluMan sneezed, blasting a huge stream of water at Anyis as she charged up her latent energy. Luckily for her, Magna BRAVED THE LAVA and blocked the blow with his MIGHTY TOWER SHIELD, except the thing completely missed them anyway.

This gave Anyis all the time to summon a mighty swatting hand to slam down on FluMan, who was utterly squashed, snot running out of his flattened body from all sides and causing the lava around him to EXPLODE DRAMATICALLY.

Anyis wasn't done yet, continuing her assault of RAAAAAAGE with ColdPunch imbued phantom fists at FluMan.

"AAAAAAH! NO NO NO! STOOOOPCHUUUU!" FluMan cried, suddenly warping back to the snow terrain, where three punches clobbered him good.

"*sniff* W-what a m-meanie..." FluMan sobbed as he was ejected from the network.

YAAAAAAY

"FluMan": EJO'D
IceCubeA: 65 HP [Lava]
IceCubeB: 80 HP [Lava]
TissueManA: FANGED
TissueManB: FANGED

Anyis.EXE: 120 HP [Lava]
Magna.SP: 65 HP [Lava] [2-hit Shield]

-VICTORY-
Anyis GET: 2500z, Ice Cube, 44 Bugfrags
"... Mother Unit, I wish to inform you that you are merely punching a pool of lava at this point. Unit FluMan's Emergency Jack-Out protocol triggered some time ago." announced Magna as he hopped out of the same lava pool.

With her vision no longer obscured by a 10-foot tall metal golem, Anyis became aware of this fact, and her gaunlet ceased its assault. "... Yes, of course. I was just... cleaning up." said Anyis with a slight awkward cough as she broke off from MeleeCross, returning to her normal attire.

"If you're done 'cleaning up', then, could you go fill that order already? I'm pretty much standing in front of the pharmacy right now." muttered Mill, who was ready and waiting to heckle his Navi as soon as she snapped back into sanity.

"Okay, okay, hold on. I'm at the site link now anyway. Magna, could you gather up whatever goodies that sick loser dropped for me while I do this?" asked Anyis of her SP. She... didn't really want to imagine the inadvertent damage someone of Magna's size could cause in a small little pharmacy webpage.

"Understood, Mother Unit. I will deliver the data to the PET and await your return." nodded Magna as he immediately began to pick up packets of zenny data out of the snow.

(Jack Out)