G_StorageDrive2

Rayner only had a quick moment to register that his item-throwing plan had worked before the Spikey found itself shocked to death. He let his mechanical arm lower to his side, the motors at the joints whirring quietly as the chip data dispelled itself and the arm reformed. Rayner sauntered over to the remains of the Spikey, whistling quietly at the chip data left behind. He scooped it up and held it in the center of his claw, taking a moment to analyze it before he sent it back to the Pet. "Joooan~ Chip data heading your way."

"Know I know why Karin gave me so many blank chips."

"Heh, she set you up right at least." He rose to his full height again, making a futile attempt to dust his hand off on his pants. Unfortunately all he seemed to do was spread some ash around, his eyes narrowing in annoyance. He abruptly looked towards Pyre, his expression brightening as he started to head her direction. "Oi Pyre! Thanks for the cover! Made a great weapon too." He was definitely proud of himself for his throwing antics.

Rayner started moving the direction they had been travelling before the fight, he was itching to try and further his lead. "Hm, despite giving myself a handicap you certainly caught up quickly. I believe we killed equal amounts last fight but it feels like you took out more. That Guard chip is so tempting though, I guess I'll just have to push harder." He mused.

[Ready whenever~]
Pyre started to move on, with Rayner in tow. "Your quite welcome," she responded to Rayner's thanks. They started to make their way towards the back of the drive, and didn't hear nor see any viruses attempt to slip past. "Looks we're nearly finished with our sweep, so you may just win our little wager," Pyre said as the rear wall came into view. The area seemed to be slightly hazy, making it difficult to see the back corners of the area. As things currently stood, there were no other viruses in sight, but a loud metallic clang rang out from the group's left side. "I stand corrected," Pyre whispered, just loud enough for Rayner to hear as she changed direction, approaching the source of the noise

As they got closer, they discovered the final pocket of viral activity. It appeared the viruses had attempted to dig in and maintain a foothold in the corner of the drive, they even went as far as to set up fortifications for themselves. Granted, these "fortifications" consisted of a few ladders and gurneys placed on their sides, making a waist-high makeshift bunker, with a gurney sitting on its short end on the bunker's left side, like an impromptu tower. There was another gurney on the right side, but it looked like it had fallen over, likely the cause of the previous racket. There were 3 CannonDumb turrets sitting just behind the wall, and a swordy standing guard on each side near their associated "tower." There was another Swordy behind the CannonDumbs, but it was a slightly different color than its two counterparts, a commander perhaps? Four Spooky viruses were slowly patrolling/loitering ahead of the bunker, but one stopped and turned towards the group, noticing their presence.

Enemies

-Scattered around area-
SpookyA: 30HP
SpookyB: 30HP
SpookyC: 30HP
SpookyD: 30HP

Makeshift Bunker: 50HP
-Behind Bunker-
CannonDumbA: 50HP
CannonDumbB: 50HP
CannonDumbC: 50HP
Swordy-N EX: 90HP

-Flanking Bunker-
Swordy-N A: 60HP
Swordy-N B: 60HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Allies
Rayner.EXE: 145HP [Kill count: 9]
Pyre.EXE: 120HP [Kill count: 7]

-[Battle #4, Final Resistance! Ready, Fight!]-
Rayner seemed nice and secure in winning the Guard chip which seemed rather boring in his opinion. He was about to regret giving himself that lead when the clang rang out. He perked up instantly, straightening up from the slight slouch he had developed as they walked. He did make an effort to keep quiet as Pyre whispered, keeping close to his employer's side. Then the viruses appeared and the skull mask almost appeared to grin. The eyes certainly narrowed in a rather predatory way.

R: Joan send me Dou-

Rayner abruptly sent his unfinished message as he felt the chip that was quickly becoming his favorite loaded into his system. Sure it didn't mesh easily with his specialty, but hitting lots of things at once was brilliant and in this case there were quite a few stationary targets that would hopefully be easy to blast away. With any luck he'd be able to delete at least one or two of them before the Spookies could respond. Targeting hairs popped up in his eyes as he attempted to gauge the distance. He didn't bother with his tragectory analysis program this time, he was starting to get a handle on the angle. He went to scoop the balls of death out of his claw like last time then paused, noticing that while he had been busy plotting and planning the spheres had been floating rather serenely between the spokes of his half-opened hand, apparently caught in a magnetic field. Rayner made a mental note of the shenanigans happening and then scooped the Doublebombs into his humanoid hand to lob them with an overhand pitch.

Figuring that their sneaky presence was now blown, Rayner opted to voice his next comments aloud for the benefit of his group. "Oi, we should probably try tagging those damn ghosts down unless you can knock out some of the other viruses in one hit. It would be nice if everything we killed didn't just keep healing right back up." A pause, and then Rayner remembered. "Oh yes, thanks for the bombs, Joan. I enjoy starting things out with a bang." He cackled under his mask, swaying a bit as he gestured towards wherever the bombs had landed. "How about sending that new fire chip?"

"Alright. Take care though. Heatshot, slot it!" Rayner sighed in appropriate melodramatic fashion, even going so far as to move the targets in his eyes about in a literal eye roll as heat began gathering in his body.

"Yesss mooom." He gave a friendly wink and then began jogging to the side, attempting to line up a good shot on two of the Spookies. The chip hungry arm pulled the data around itself, ensconcing it's lower half in cocoon of data parts. The covering chip data was abruptly sucked into the brightly glowing gun that had appeared. A double chambered gun had appeared. Two sets of two small horizontal vents glowed a bright orange against the familiar black Rayner's mechanical arm typically bore. Not to be forgotten, three yellow stripes circled each of the chambers and the tip of the barrel, and a thinner yellow stripe ran long-ways from each of them.

Rayner slid to a stop when he found a likely point for two of the Spookies to be in a line with him and raised his arm, fingers fitting easily into the groove between the two tanks. There was a quiet slosh noise from the gun and then a quick 'fwoosh' as the vents shined brighter and ammo within was quickly ejected as a flaming mass of liquid that would attempt to cover one of the Spookies with burning hot death. Maybe Rayner would get lucky and would catch two of the annoying ghost virii in his attack, either way he'd be pleased.

--Summary--
1) Doublebomb 30 + Blast 2 x 2 Bombs @ CacconDumb B, C, A (Acc C)
2) Line up Spooky C & D
*Snipe
3) Heatshot 40 (Fire) + Spread 1 + Seeking @ Spooky C & D (Acc A)

Passives: Marksmanship
Rayner brought his newly favorite chip to bear, and with a surprising amount of luck, the bombs exploded on their targets. The twin explosions rocked the bunker, blasting the wall and all of the turrets. In fact, the two explosions overlapped near the center of the barricade, bringing one of the turrets down with an explosive double-whammy.

However, one of the Swordys countered almost immediately, it teleported in and slashed the Navi. Undeterred by the attack, Rayner moved to the side in an attempt to line up two of the Spookys, and successfully blasted them both to embers. Pyre had requested chip from her NetOp, and following Rayner's guidance she too focused on the remaining Spookys. A shotgun barrel appeared from her left sleeve, and with a loud bang she brought down the other two with a spread of energy shot. She also prepared to engage the bunker as well, leaving her spear standing at her side while the shotgun disappeared, and she traced a runic symbol in the air with her right hand. The off-colored Swordy pointed its sword forward commandingly, ordering the remaining CannonDumbs to open fire. Both fired off a single round, one barely missing Rayner, while the other hit Pyre in the left shoulder. Her shoulder recoiled from the hit, but she did not stop preparing her attack, though she had a pained look on her face.

Seeing its CannonDumb subordinates didn't do much to halt the attackers, the commander Swordy blinked out of sight before instantly appearing a couple feet in front of Pyre. Just as the Swordy raised its glowing energy blade to strike, a stream of flames erupted from the runic symbol ahead of her outstretched hand. The Swordy was enveloped by the flames, but it too continued its attack, hitting the Navi with a diagonal slash of its blade. The plume of flames rolled over and into the bunker, bringing down one of the guns and melting the wall away. The flames died down quickly, revealing the singed Swordy. It raised its blade again to deliver another strike, but the injured Pyre quickly grabbed her spear and thrusted it through its body, piercing it like an arrow through straw. Pyre's normally friendly expression appeared much more serious as she yanked the spear from the neat hole in the virus's chest as it fell to the floor.

Seeing its commander dispatched, the remaining Swordy attempted to avenge its deletion, blinking in and delivering a vertical slash. Fortunately for Pyre, its aim wasn't as good as its higher ranking counterpart, for all it hit was a bit of her left sleeve. Pyre's robe was now a bit of a mess, there was a large cut tracing from her right shoulder down to her left hip, causing the lower parts of the robe to sag and reveal her white skin-tight bodysuit underneath. It too had been split in places, but mostly held together.

Enemies

-Scattered around area-
SpookyA: DELETED [Pyre]
SpookyB: DELETED [Pyre]
SpookyC: DELETED [Rayner]
SpookyD: DELETED [Rayner]

Makeshift Bunker: MELT'D
-Behind Bunker-
CannonDumbA: 20HP
CannonDumbB: DELETED [Rayner]
CannonDumbC: DELETED [Pyre]
Swordy-N EX: DELETED [Pyre]

-Flanking Bunker-
Swordy-N A: 60HP [Near Rayner]
Swordy-N B: 60HP [Near Pyre]

Terrain
100% Normal

Allies
Rayner.EXE: 125HP [Kill count: 12]
Pyre.EXE: 60HP [Sword] [Kill count: 11]
Rayner was impressed after watching Pyre continue her assault despite the round to the shoulder and then a rather nasty looking swipe from the sword. Alas, clapping was out of the question for him so he was reduced to giving an appreciative whistle and hoping she wouldn't take it the wrong way. There wasn't time to stop and admire as only three enemies remained on the field. If he didn't secure another kill it would be Pyre's victory, and while he wouldn't mind losing to the skilled female he wasn't the type to just let her skate to victory out of pity. He dashed off a line of text requesting the last chips he hoped to need for this mission.

R: 2 Cannons and MaruBlaster.

"Cannon, double slot-in! MaruBlaster1 slot in!"

Rayner held his right arm in front of him and tapped his foot impatiently while the chip data streamed and glowed around it. The programs governing his use of chip data seemed to sense his urgency for the glow surrounding his arm resolved more quickly than normal. A look alike to the CannonDumb's barrel appeared in the matte yellow of Rayner's arm with the black stripes around the barrel and horizontally across the side. Rayner brought his other arm up to brace as the green cursors appeared in his eyes as he tracked the sword carrying viruses. His eyes flashed and the canon on his arm barked twice.

Rayner flicked his arm to the side to help disperse some of the smoke rising from the barrel even as his arm glowed white and shifted again. Electricity crackled across shifting form as it transformed into the form he had used with the MaruBlaster chip earlier. An extra jolt of green electricity crackled down his arm as he raised it to fire again. There was the telltale flash of blue to green in Rayner's eyes and then the disk of electricity was hurled at the CannonDumb, flashes of green lightning arcing across it's surface.

--Summary--
1) Cannon 60 + Knockback @ Swordy-N A, Accuracy A
*Snipe
2) Cannon 60 + Knockback + Seeking @ Swordy-N B, Accuracy A
3) Marublaster1 75 Elec + Glitch@ CannonDumb A, Accuracy B

Passives: Marksmanship
Rayner whistled in approval of Pyre's rather stalwart actions before engaging the Swordy nearest to him with a cannon shot. He also looked to take out the final remaining sword-wielding virus, but it had been cut in half down the middle by Pyre's spear. Rayner didn't let Pyre have the opportunity to even up the score, for he zapped the lone Spooky to oblivion with his MaruBlaster. The field went quiet again, now littered with fragmenting viral remains and glowing rewards from the battle.

Unfortunately there were no battlechip packets laying amongst the zenny, but Rayner did win the wager.

VICTORY!
Enemies

-Scattered around area-
SpookyA: DELETED [Pyre]
SpookyB: DELETED [Pyre]
SpookyC: DELETED [Rayner]
SpookyD: DELETED [Rayner]

Makeshift Bunker: MELT'D
-Behind Bunker-
CannonDumbA: DELETED [Rayner]
CannonDumbB: DELETED [Rayner]
CannonDumbC: DELETED [Pyre]
Swordy-N EX: DELETED [Pyre]

-Flanking Bunker-
Swordy-N A: DELETED [Rayner]
Swordy-N B: DELETED [Pyre]

Terrain
100% Normal

Allies
Rayner.EXE: 125HP [Kill count: 14] Rewards: 110z, 2FXP
Pyre.EXE: 60HP [Kill count: 12] Rewards: 2FXP
It was over. Rayner could let the tensing of his shoulders drop away, he was a bit surprised since he never sense it building.. It was disappointing in a ncouple of ways. He had been looking forwards to joining forces with the winged Nav and learning about his scar. He had been looking forward to (more) challenging fights even though he knew this was a basic sweep and clear mission. Finally he'd been looking forward to fighting more with Pyre, and seeing what inspiration he could draw from fighting beside the fiery warrior, especially since she seemed strangely maneuverable for having half her legs deleted. A silent bit of programming triggered and those thoughts were pushed from the front of his mind. That was the way life worked after all, sometimes you got what you wanted and sometimes you just didn't learn everything about a situation. At least he had won his little self-suggested competition, it would have been embarrassing to lose with the lead he had held.

"Nicely done there! Thought for sure I'd get all three before you closed ranks but you're quicker on your feet than some folks who actually have feet." Maybe Rayner shouldn't be so friendly with his employer after not knowing the pair for long but he did not care. The worse she could do at this point would be to renegade on payment in his opinion, and that wasn't a concern for him. Joan could be heard typing quickly and probably angrily though. "I'm surprised damage like that didn't affect for your mobility, but there's no arguing with results. Especially when they're effective and fun results."

The chip data bound to his arm glowed bright white and began to disintegrate, fading away as it fell up and revealing his normal claw prosthetic in its place. He gave the arm an experimental flex, most of his attention still on Pyre as he began to work his way towards her. He did pause to scoop up some shiny Zenny which he quickly downloaded and sent PET-wards. It was then he noticed a few angry lines of text from Joan which he raised his now-appearing eyebrows at and then ignored in favor of paying more attention to his battle partner's response.

"I must say it almost feels like this job is over too quickly, your prep work was excellent." He took an evaluating look around then, taking in what damage had been done by the Navis and the viruses. He turned back to Pyre and gave her an unseen grin that was translated into his mask's eyes turning into happy arches. The Navi wasn't too annoyed, he was slowly getting use to working with a much more limited range of expressiveness. "With any luck it won't take long to clean up. I don't think I'd be any help with that, no matter how good I'd look in a maid's dress." There was an abrupt coughing noise from Joan as if she'd choked on air and Rayner gave Pyre a wink to show that teasing his NetOp had been the real objective with that line.

"That's, oh you really need to quit with the cross-dressing comments." Joan muttered, shaking her head as a little video screen with her face popped into existance next to Rayner. She straightened up and turned her attention to Pyre, giving her best 'please ignore the idiot' smile. Her expression shifted to something a more serious as she spoke though. "Are you sure that's the last of the viral activity? I'd hate for us to leave and then you find there's more lurking about."

"Ah, if that was the last fight I do believe I've won the bet." Rayner remarked, the grin audible in his voice even as the mask did its silly little happy arch thing.
Pyre looked down at her robes, giving a slightly pouty look before shrugging. "Oh well, nothing a program reload can't fix," she said to herself as she picked up her own spoils from the battle. Parts of her slashed robes dragged across the floor as she floated about, luckily the floor was almost clinically sanitized, save for the scars of the battle. She turned as Rayner spoke out to her, commending her actions and noting her unhindered mobility, considering her partial lack of lower extremities. "Thanks, you did admirably as well, I had to focus on trying to keep up with you," she replied with a smile. "Luckily for us the damage was mostly cosmetic, and yes it does allow for fun results." If anything, the lighthearted conversation helped her unwind from the stresses of the battle.

Pyre too looked around as Rayner noted the lack of viral data, it appeared the pair had successfully cleared the drive of all viral activity. Rayner's comment about helping to clean up, especially his mention of being in a maid outfit, elicited a giggle from his floating comrade. "Hahaha, I see your point. The damage to the drive is minimal, a simple defrag should do the trick to get the place back to its original state." Rayner's NetOp appeared, confirming if it was indeed the last pocket of viral activity. Joanna's window opened as well, addressing the group. [[i]"It appears so, there aren't many places to hide in this area. If there are any isolated viruses around, we should be able to take care of them ourselves. We appreciate the help,"[/i]] Pyre bowed her head politely before presenting her open right hand to Rayner. A chip packet and zenny data glowed on her palm as she extended it to the Navi. "Yes, thank you very much for the help. And indeed you did win the bet, the Guard chip is yours, as well as some zenny for your trouble."

Rayner GET: Guard1, 1500z
Rayner was very pleased his teasing was being so well received. He was glad she had to work to keep up with him, it meant he wasn't quite as out of shape as he had thought. "You pressured me well, you closed the gap quite quickly." It was true, as his hand closed over the zenny data and chip packet he felt content. Sure the fights themselves hadn't been very threatening to him, but then he hadn't been the one fighting in the thick of things. He had been able to keep his distance and attack from the favored range of his subtype: out of melee. "It was enjoyable partnering up with you, they certainly seemed more wary of your close-ranged assault than my long ranged one!"

"Thank you." Joan smiled as the data transferred into her PET, quickly slipping a blank chip in. "It was enjoyable working together, we'd certainly be up for it again. Unfortunately I'm afraid we must take our leave." Rayner arched an eyebrow but gave a nod of assent and then took a couple steps back and waved.

"It was good to meet you Miss Pyre, Miss Joanna." He gave a respectful nod and seemed to drop his sudden seriousness. "Take care with the mop up." He raised his metal arm skywards and with a might 'KA-BOOM' was enveloped in a lightning bolt that left no trace of the Elec Navi behind.

[Jack Out]
((Get +2FXP for interaction))