Neutral Territory

While Machman tried to keep an eye on Dead Pixel and Panzer, Slip finally decided to make his move and activated a DashAttack, overtaking Machman with a boost of speed. Machman could see Slip mocking him with a smile and a wave of his hand, but that was nowhere near as surprising as the enormous block of ice that suddenly barred his way. It was too close and too large to navigate around smoothly, forcing Machman to stop in his tracks. His Heat Guard pressed up against the frozen wall and produced a cloud of obscuring steam and a sharp whistling sound. The shower of machine gun rounds that bounced off the rear of his barrier told him Panzer was still gunning for him but they also made a searing noise as Burner's Fire Aura shrugged off a few of the blows as well.

Dead Pixel slowly picked his ruined body up off the ground and materialized some kind of odd shield with a face on it. He limped his way to the finish line with Burner and Slip approaching him fast.

Burner: 100 HP - 17/25 [???] [fireaura2]
Panzer: 370 HP - 7/25
Dead Pixel: 135 HP - 19/25 [Poison Mask]
Frank's Navi: EJO
Slip: 350 HP - 17/25 [barrier]

Terrain: 85% Normal, 12% Ice, 3% Sea

Machman: 63 HP - 16/25 [fire/sword, +1 action] [30 HP barrier]
Ice Cube: 100 HP [blocking path]
((Turn Split))
Machman was forced to stop due to the large obstruction, and could only watch as Burner and Slip forged ahead. He was now second to last, and wasn't happy about it.

You're not getting away from me!

Machman leaped into the air and drew his right arm back. It started to crackle and spark with electricity as he took careful aim towards Slip and used his network of floating sensor pods to further refine his accuracy. He shot his arm forward and launched a wave of electricity from his open hand. As soon as he believed the wave reached Slip, his hand clamped down as if he was holding an invisible object. He then pulled his arm back with all of his strength. If all went well, one of two things might have happened: He might have been able to tear Slip from the ground and sent him flying into the very ice cube he created, or possibly have had Slip pull Mach with him over the Ice Cube and back on track. Or the Magbolt attack just flat-out missed and Mach was back to where he started.

ACTIONS:
Strategic Action: Leap above Ice Cube
Magbolt1: Slip (90dmg Elec x2? + Stun + Magnetic Pull [Fling Slip into Ice Cube or use Slip's momentum to clear Ice Cube]
((Turn Split: 3 Actions Remaining))
Machman leapt on top of the cube and sent out his Magbolt to try and draw in Slip. The aqua navi tried his best to resist the pull but was dragged backwards, practically being pulled off his feet. In an unexpected outcome, Machman's light frame was simultaneously dragged forward as well, pulling him off the block of ice. As Slip bounded backwards, Machman flew overhead and discharged the thunderous magnetic attack against Slip's barrier, finally dispelling it. Machman landed somewhere near where Slip had been while Slip crashed against his own chilly obstruction.

Meanwhile Burner caught up with Dead Pixel but the Heelnavi wasn't about to let him pass and tried to jump him. The Fire Aura easily repelled the grappling attack, prompting Dead Pixel to summon a Melody virus instead. It bounced off the aura harmlessly as well and immediately headed for Machman.

Panzer moved ahead slowly and prepared to fire.

Burner: 100 HP - 19/25 [???] [fireaura2]
Panzer: 370 HP - 9/25
Dead Pixel: 135 HP - 19/25 [Poison Mask]
Slip: 350 HP - 16/25

Machman: 63 HP - 17/25 [fire/sword, +1 action] [30 HP barrier]
Ice Cube: 100 HP - 16/25
((End Turn Split))
Machman soared over the Ice Cube and touched down to the track below. He dashed forward in an attempt to pick up the pace again. He noticed the Melody virus and activated a counter chip. His right arm and fist was bulked up in heavy red and orange armor and nearly doubled in size. He waited for just the right moment and threw a massive right jab towards the summoned virus. If he was lucky, he might peg the HeelNavi in the back with his own virus. His arm returned to normal and he continued to blaze down the track, and he could see the end was in sight. It was all or nothing now.

ACTIONS:
Counter1: (counter 1 attack with GutPunch for 70dmg + Breaking + Impact)
GO!
GO!

Active Sigs:
Heat Guard: 1 Turn Remaining
Rising Barrage: 1 Turn Remaining
The Melody landed on Machman's enlarged forearm, setting off the automatic retaliation. Machman swung his arm, propelling the virus at Dead Pixel who didn't even dodge. The virus soared past its redirected target and hopped around a few more times before disappearing. Dead Pixel actually seemed to be dismayed that he wasn't hit and prepared another swarm of Skeeters instead. Burner rushed past Dead Pixel, neither one interested in the other.

The sound of Panzer's powerful cannon filled the track once more, the attack aimed exclusively at Burner. His Fire Aura was stripped away in an instant but he wasn't even slowed. This close to the finish line, Burner seemed to move even faster.

Slip pushed himself off the ice block and charged after Machman, furious that he had been made a fool of. Machman reached Dead Pixel in time to be ambushed by the Drain. A few of the summoned viruses burned away against the Heat Guard but two made it through to stab him in the arm and chest, weakening him slightly. Machman swatted at them while running but they were already gone, having transferred the stolen energy back to their master.

Burner: 100 HP - 21/25 [???]
Panzer: 370 HP - 9/25
Dead Pixel: 155 HP - 19/25 [Poison Mask]
Slip: 350 HP - 18/25

Machman: 43 HP - 19/25 [fire/sword, +1 action]
[Alright Machman, let's finish this!!!]
Here I go!

Machman quickly dashed to the side in an attempt to avoid the HeelNavi's PoisonMask and picked up the pace.
[DashAttack chips uploaded! Show them the true meaning of speed!]
Machman stomped his right foot hard into the ground and gave him a good base to push off. He then accelerated at a blinding pace, the track was rocked by a pair of sonic booms as Machman used his current velocity and nearly multiplied it 3-fold with the power of his DashAttack battlechips. Machman's eyes glowed orange as a glowing veil of energy stretched over his body and created a nearly transparent hull and only increased his aerodynamic properties. Though he covered a large distance in less than a couple seconds, it felt like minutes from Machman's perspective. His blades were swept back, stuck straight out behind him to prevent him from hitting something and lowered his cross-section. He knew Burner was ahead of him before he started his mad dash to the finish, but maybe, just maybe, Mach was able to pass him just before the finish line.

ACTIONS:
Strategic Action: Move around PoisonMask
DashAttack: (GO! x2)
DashAttack: (GO! x2)
GO!
GO!
Burner was close to the finish line and only turned in reaction to the sound of Machman's first DashAttack. He activated his own DashAttack as Machman reached him and both fire navis blazed their way to the finish line like rockets. Neither of them was running at this point, their feet simply dragging behind their Fishy-shaped plows.

Slip chased after them, but without a DashAttack of his own, lagged behind. Dead Pixel suddenly attacked Slip with a tackle causing both navis to fall over and fumble to the ground.

"YOU IDIOT!" Slip growled angrily at his assailant and immediately unleashed an Ice Wave that happened to strike the Poison Mask. The eyes on the mask lit up, forcing a purple haze to build up around Slip. He started to choke from the noxious curse while Dead Pixel drained him of even more health with the help of his Skeeters.

Panzer had no time to fire before Burner and Mach crossed the finish line.

The audience cheered and the announcer's voice returned in a surprised tone, "Well... It looks like a tie!"

The cheering died down to confused murmurs. Apparently this really had never happened before. As Burner and Machman stared at each other with short breaths and practically no energy left, Candy approached them with a trophy cup full of zenny.

"We only have one prize," She said, "So what's it gonna be?"

Burner didn't look like he was prepared to share it.

Burner: 100 HP - 25/25 [???]
Panzer: 370 HP - 11/25
Dead Pixel: 205 HP - 19/25
Slip: 250 HP - 19/25

Machman: 43 HP - 25/25 [fire/sword, +1 action]

[Battle 5 - Draw?]
Machman was completely drained of energy, and quite surprised that Burner managed to pull out a DashAttack as well and cross at the exact same time as him. Candy approached with the trophy cup, and Mach could see the glow of the zenny data nestled inside. He then looked to Burner, and stood up straight before he extended his right hand for a hand shake.
Congratulations, Burner. You were absolutely amazing out there! I could see how much you really wanted to win, so I will step down and let you take the prize.
A bit taken back by Machman's words but still skeptical, Burner shook Machman's hand awkwardly. He then turned to Candy and accepted the trophy and all the zenny that came with it with a look of deep gratitude. As he raised the trophy in the air, the crowd cheered and chanted his name while Machman walked away quietly.

As he slinked away from the excitement trying to find Aera, Machman found himselfin a secluded and empty area. He felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Candy.

"Hey hon," She greeted with a slight smile, "We weren't sure what to do with a tie, what with there usually only being one racer at the end."

With the level of brutality involved with this sport, Machman could easily see why.

"So we only put half the reward in the cup. The bottom was mostly fluff." She continued, handing a compressed file over to Machman, "This is for you." She then pulled Machman down to her level and added, "And so is this..." Before giving him a very, very intimate kiss that lasted much longer than he would ever care to admit. She slowly released him from her embrace before making a quick spin and walking away slowly.

"See ya around, hon." She quipped.

Get: 1000z + Electown Invite ((use at battle 4 in Electown to initiate a similar racing event)) + Candy's E-mail
Machman was relieved to have his gesture of good will returned, and he walked off under the cover of the chanting crowd. As his form changed back to his default settings, he headed back towards the start of the track, where he assumed Aera would be; but he was then stopped by Candy in a cut-off area near the timer's booth. He listened as she explained the situation with the tie, and humbly received his half of the race winnings.

Thank you very-

He was interrupted by Candy's firm tug, bringing him down a few inches to her face level. His eyes were wide open and his pupils tightened to the size of pin-points as she "thanked" him in her own way. The zenny file almost slipped through his fingers before Candy released her hold on him. She spun around and slowly pranced away before she gave a quick farewell.

Machman looked down at the zenny data, and noticed two other items along with it. One was a small message saying he was more than welcome to compete again, and the other... had Candy's email address.

[Man, you're a lady killer.]
Machman's expression instantly changed from awkward disbelief to stern seriousness.
If you say anything about this. I will make your life very difficult.
[I was just joking! Take it easy... [i]killer.[/i]]
Mach made a pained sigh as he continued to walk towards the end of the track.
{Man, I'm never going to hear the end of this...}

Machman and Aera finally picked each other out of the crowd and she ran up to him. She leapt on to him, and he had to struggle to keep from falling over.
You did great, Machman! You letting Burner take the prize just made me more impressed!
Thanks Aera. Well, I didn't come back empty handed though.
Machman opened his hand, showing the little file with a small zenny symbol showing on it's side. He had taken the time to upload the email address to the PET before she could see. Aera looked down at the zenny data then looked back up to Mach with a weirdly crooked smile.
She really does like you.
Machman's face changed to a state of panic.
W-wha? H... how did you...?
I don't think that's blood on your mask. Do you?
Mach stood there confused for a second or so, before tapping into one of the video feeds of one of the sensors floating around him. He zoomed in to his face, and saw a nearly perfectly shaped lip marks in red lipstick near the center of his face mask. Mach could then hear Mazer's muffled snorts followed by laughter.
MAZER! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!?
Machman looked down to Aera, and tried to explain himself to her.
Aera, I... I didn't mean to-
I know you wouldn't have tried anything with her. I could tell she had a particular interest in you, but I know you too well to worry about something insignificant like that.
Machman kind of stood there, dumbfounded by how much she already knew. She raised her index finger in front of her face as she stared into Machman's eyes.
I'm a woman too, Mach. You'd be surprised with what I pick up on.

Machman breathed a sigh of relief, since he really didn't want to get her upset. However, he felt a sense of uneasiness with how much she had changed since he first met her. She was originally just a naive girl with oddly impressive capabilities, but now she has matured into an affectionate, knowledgeable woman.
...She's not the only one who has changed...
Mach and Aera start to glow bright cyan before beaming up and out of the network and back into the PET.

((Logged Out))