Shooting test

Flashening light moved down from the height of about 7 feet. It was screeching as it passed. And when it reached the ground, Raider appeared. The whole thing was about 1/4 of a second.
-Okay, I'm in ...
-SOLDIER REPORTING FOR DUTY!
Raider turned around. There was a guy in a military uniform. He was about 5 feet tall, and he was carrying a big rocket launger on his back. Raider waited for a while, but that guy didn't moved. He was saluting and standing at attention the same that Raider saw in recruiting advertisements. He was sure that guy wasn't even breathing.
-Well .. okay ... accepted ...
Raider saluted
... Stand at ease!
This was the first time that guy moved. He lowered his arm.
-THANK YOU, SIR!

-Dave, who the hell is that guy?
-He is your new partner. His name is Soldier.
-Great. And what shall I do with him?
-Just give him some orders. He'll help you bust some virii. Ow, about busting ... Let's start the shooting test. Go find some targets.
-Right. Soldier, let's move out!
-SIR, YES, SIR!

Raider and his new friend started walking to find some targets ...

[Ready for battle #1]
Raider and Soldier walk deeper into the net; Raider walking casually as Soldier marched behind him, keeping in step and calling cadence. The pair find a few metools wandering about. They turn towards the Navi/SP duo and ready their pickaxes.

Viruses Identified!

MetoolA: 40HP
MetoolB: 40HP
MetoolC: 40HP
MetoolD: 40HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Raider.EXE: 100HP
Soldier: 60HP

-<Battle #1. Open Fire!>-
-TARGETS AT MY TWELVE, VISUAL CONTACT !!
-I see them too ...
-WAITING ORDERS, SIR !
-Stay focused ... Dave, We found some easy targets. let's begin the test.
-Agreed. Weapons free, fire at will.
-With pleasure...
-YES, GENERAL !!

-Soldier, I'll take care about the three on the left, you just avoid their attacks.
-YES, SIR !

-Dave, here is the sequence; first I attepmt to take down some of them with the Cannon and the Shotgun, and then try the new-weapon-EnergyBomb.
-Right. Go ahead. I'll follow.

Raider unslinged his rifle and moved to the left while Soldier kept moving behind him. Raider was thinking for a while, calculated some trajectory possibility. When he finished, he just said one word:
-One!
Dave inserted the cannon chip. As it downloaded, the rifle turned into a grenade launcher. Raider aimed at the Metool on the left. When locked the virus in the cross-hair, he pulled the trigger. The massive spent cartridge fell on the ground tinkling. Raider kept moving on, and said another word;
-Two!
The second chip, the Shotgun started changing the form of the rifle. It wasn't even finished when Raider was aiming at the second virus. When the rifle's shapechanging was complete, Raider pulled the trigger again.
-And now ...
-Let's see how destructive it can be!
The new chip got downloaded. It was something new. It was a massive rocket launcher, with three rockets on its end. Raider pointed with it at the third virii. The new weapon was a bit strange, a bit heavy, and Raider was thinking about a lot of training with the new weapon. When he felt that he couldn't aim more precisely, he pulled the trigger. The weapon fired the rocket on its top. Then, the whole rocket holder ending rotated. Another rocket got onto the launcher's top.
"Hmm, so that's how it works."
Raider fired again. Its kickack was a bit strong. Raider thought he would be able to handle it. The end of the gun rotated again. Raider fired the third rocket at his target, and watched the rockets trajectory.

Σ

Raider
1. Cannon --> MetoolA [40]
2. Shotgun --> MetoolB + MetoolC [50]
3. EnergyBomb + Snipe --> MettoolD [3x40]

Soldier
Dodge
Raider easily manages to pick off three of the slow moving mets with his first two shots. He then fires an energybomb into the last remaining virus, which proves to have more than enough... way more than enough, destructive power to take the puny thing down. It seems that all the soldier really has to do is collect the Bugfrags that are left behind.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
MetoolC: DELETED!
MetoolD: DELETED!

Rewards: Guard1, 50z, 4 Bugfrags
As Raider was examining the new weapon, Soldier was searching for useful stuff in the remainings of the virii. After some minutes of that, something caught his sight.
-SIR, I FOUND SOMETHING!
-Okay, I'll check it out.
Raider walked over there. Soldier was examining something gloving. It looked like a mass of information. Raider picked it up.
-Dave, we found something. Take a look at it.
-Okay, send it to me, and until that, go deeper and find something bigger for the test. I want to figure out how efficiently you can use it under pressure. So, move on!
-If you say so. Soldier, you've heard Dave, let's find something bigger.
-SIR, YES SIR !!
Raider and Soldier started running to find new volunteers for their shooting test.

[Battle #2 please]
The next group of enemies the pair comes upon is made up of mostly Oldstoves. They all sit lined up but as the two approach, they start moving apart in random directions, breaking up the group formation. The Spookies hover above the ground pretty far back from the stoves, seeming almost unconnected to the battle.

OldstoveA: 50
OldstoveB: 50
OldstoveC: 50
OldstoveD: 50
SpookyA: 30
SpookyB: 30

Battle 2 Start!
-SIR, ADDITIONAL TARGETS!
-Yeah, let's kick some ass!
-AYE!
-Dave, targets ahead us. Perfect for testing, isn't it?
-Yes, show me something interesting.
-Right away.

Raider checked the situation. The Stoves were moving in different directions, maybe trying to corner them, while those ghosts looked like not paying attention to the events.
-Hey, Soldier! Looks loke those Spookies are staying out of the fight at the moment so cincentrate on these Oldstoves.
-YES, SIR!
-Okay, first I try to keep them busy. During that time, you'll spot one of them, keep an eye on it, and tell it's position to me. After those, we'll attack together.
-YES, SIR!

Raider turned at one of the enemies.
-Dave, I hope you've heard my plan.
-Loud and clear.
-Right, All I need is a shotgun.
-As you wish. Shotgun on the move!
As the weapon downloaded, Raider aimed at the enemy.
"Hmm... They are spreading in an opened formation. No use of the shotgun's splash attack. Anyway, give it a try!"
Raider locke an enemy in his sight. He followed its movements, and readied his gun. When he got it at the middle of the cross-hair, he fired.
At the meantime, Soldier was preparing his launcher, and inserted a rocket. He took the firing position, and followed the movements of one virus. When he heard Raider fired, he shouted:
-AT YOUR SEVEN!
-Dave, Cannon!
As the weapon was downloading, Raider turned around. As they looked at the virus in front of them, Raider said just one word:
-FIRE!
Two loud explosions, and two bullet was flying towards their target.
-All right. All we have to do is avoiding ther counter attacks. Be careful!
-AYE, SIR!

Σ

Raider
1. Shotgun + Snipe --> OldstoveA [50]
2. Cannon --> OldstoveB [40]
3. Dodge (trying to cover Soldier)

Soldier
Attack OldstoveB [10]
Raider was able to expertly hit his first target with the Shotgun. The next OldStove, which both he and the soldier targeted, was not destroyed. The Soldier landed his shot, but Raider, unfortunately, didn't.

As a result of the Soldier's successful attack, the OldStove seemed angered, and fired of a blast of flames at it. Raider managed to stop the soldier from getting hit, at the price of him himself getting hit. (And I would suppose that the flames probably sting a little) The flames crack the flooring beneath Raider, making the ground seem a little less than stable.

One OldStove moves in closer to the two, and another fires, but misses.

The two Spookies remain off in the distance, seemingly unaware of the fighting going on here.

BATTLE SUMMARY:

Enemies
OldstoveA: -DELETED- [Sniped]
OldstoveB: 40 [Hit by Soldier]
OldstoveC: 50 [Moved Closer]
OldstoveD: 50 [Attacked and Missed]
SpookyA: 30 [Far off]
SpookyB: 30 [Far Off]

General Springfield's Battalion
Raider.EXE: 85 HP
Soldier: 60 HP

Terrain: 95% Normal, 5% Cracked
The explosions left a big smoke cloud. As it disappeared, Raider spotted the enemy in it.
-I missed?
-Looks like, yeah ... Make sure your next attack with the new weapon hit, or else I order Soldier to kick your butt.
-Haa-haa, someone's funny here.
-I don't think so ...
-What? Aww forget it, we'll talk about that later.
-Yeah. I figured out what the stuff you sent me is for. It reflects an attack once.
-Sounds interesting. Try it out.
-That's why we're here. But first I want you to take out a virus next to you ...
The rocket launcher appeared in Raider's hand.
- ... with any means necessary.

Raider took some steps left, and pointed at the virus with the launcher. Already locked in the cross-hair, when ...
-ORDERS, SIR?
Raider looked at Soldier.
"Not now ..."
-Well, keep the one you attacked under fire, I'll take care of another one.

-AYE!

Raider started the aiming all over. He remembered that the last time the weapon's kickback was strong, so he took a stabile firing position. When he finally locked the enemy in the cross-hair, he pulled the trigger.
One, two, three rocket left the weapon flying towards their target ...

At the same time Soldier tried to hold up his target and keep it under fire to cover his superior officer ...

And afther all those, Dave activated the new stuff to test it.

Σ

Raider
1. Move in positon
2. EnergyBomb + Snipe --> OldstoveC [3x40]
3. Guard1

Soldier
Attack OldstoveB [10]
Raider chucks the bomb into a stove, bringing it down. As he puts up a shield, his ally hits the same virus that he attacked before, slowly bringing down its life. A spooky then warps itself in front of Raider and tries licking him, but the damage backfires. It returns back to its original position, not looking too happy. One stove tries attacking yet, but it misses.

BATTLE SUMMARY:

Enemies
OldstoveB: 30
OldstoveC: DELETED!
OldstoveD: 50
SpookyA: 20 [Far off]
SpookyB: 30 [Far Off]

-Haa-haa! That Spooky will think over licking my face twice!
-Yeah. But will you please concentrate on the other enemies?
-If you say so ...
-All we have is one EnergyBomb. I don't want to rely on that, so try to attack with your rifle this time.
-That's agreed.

Raider measured the situation for some seconds.
-Okay, Soldier, the plan is very simple; Curtain-of-fire!
-YES, SIR! TARGET?
-Well, the unharmed one on the left, weapons free!
-AYE!

Raider and Soldier took the firing positions, and prepared to attack together. When Raider gathered enough energy for a massive shot he pulled the trigger. Soldier did the same, except that he fired a rocket at the enemy from the mortar on his shoulder. Two deadly projectiles were flying towards their target with a recless need to tear the enemy apart ...

Σ

Raider
1. Charge
2. Charge
3. Charged attack + Snipe --> OldstoveD [48]

Soldier
Attack OldstoveD [10]
Raider and Soldier fired away at the Oldstove, bringing it down with lots of firepower, before the two Spookys dashed up and licked each of them in the face. Ewww...

Enemies
OldstoveB: 30
OldstoveD: DELETED
SpookyA: 20

Raider.EXE: 75 HP
Soldier: 50 HP

Raider mooped off the drool from his face.
-I hate those ghosts!
-Take it easy, it isn't that horrible ...
-This is disgusting!

Soldier didn't show any expressions. He just took some steps away from that ghost, and looked at Raider, waiting for orders.
Raider jumped backwards, exactly behind Soldier. They stood there shoulder to shoulder, and watched the enemy.
-Okay, the plan is that you keep the ghosts busy, and I'll try to take out the last Oldstove. Ready?
-SIR, YES, SIR!

Raider and Soldier switched their position in order to confuse the enemy a bit, after that, Soldier took the mortar off from his shoulder, and swunged with it at the ghosts. He tried to do everything to draw their attention to let Raider concentrate on his target.
In the meantime, Raider readied his rifle again, and inserted a new magazine. He activated the laser-aiming, and pointed the gun at the last Oldstove. While he was aiming, he charged the bullet with the energies within him, coating the bullet in an electro-magnetic force field. Finally, the red dot found its favourite position: between the two eyes of the enemy. When Raider felt he couldn't aim more precisely, let the bullet explode out the barrel ...

Σ

Raider
1. Charge
2. Charge
3. Charged attack + Snipe --> OldstoveB [48]

Soldier
Attack SpookyA [10] (try to hold them up)
The Oldstove tried to slowly move away from Raider's fire, but was too er-... slow to do anything about it before it got ripped into chunks of data from the military navi's bullet.
Soldier tried holding the spookys back by firing at them, but even though the attack hit, another unattacked Spooky took this chance to whack Raider's face with its tongue again.
The other Spooky span around in the air before healing itself, crap.

Enemies
OldstoveB: DELETED
SpookyA: 30

Raider.EXE: 65 HP

-Those ghosts ... aww
-SIR, THEY ARE REGENERATING!
-What? ... You're right. We have to finish them off quickly.
-Finished with chatting?
-Come on, we need to discuss the plan
-If you say so ... Then, what's that plan?
-Hmm ... the new plan is the old plan, you know ...
Raider turned towards Soldier
-Soldier, cover me, I'll take care of the one at my ten.
-YES SIR!

Soldier grabbed his mortar well, and raised it above his head, emitted a manful warcry and tried to swung the Spooky in front of him.

While Soldier tried to take down his enemy, Raider cleared his mind, and focused on the target. What he saw was only the Spooky, nothing else. He pointed with his rifle at it, and charged up the bullet with all of his hatred and disgust he felt towards those face-lickers. When the power level reached the maximum, he pulled the trigger and hoped that the bullet will take the virus closed to its destiny.

Σ

Raider
1. Charge
2. Charge
3. Charged attack + Snipe --> SpookyA [48]

Soldier
Hold up SpookyB
Soldier tries to stall the Spooky or something like that, though it warps out of the way when the SP gets close. Raider, meanwhile, shoots the other one to death after focusing his power. Bam.

Enemies
OldstoveB: DELETED
SpookyA: DELETED!

Raider.EXE: 65 HP

Raider slowly turned towards the last enemy.
-Dave, give me the last chip, I'll finish this fight ...
-On the move!

Raider smiled as the chip changed his rifle's shape. As soon as the transformaiton was complete, he raised the rocket launcher, and pointed it at the Spooky.
-Now I'll pay back every lick! Soldier!
-ORDERS, SIR?
-Full attack!

Raider and Soldier moved together. They took the firing position, and fired at the same time. Four rockets were flying towards the last enemy. After firing, Raider took one step left, and fired again to make sure that ghost won't lick him in the face again.

Σ

Raider
1. Move in position
2. EnergyBomb + Snipe --> SpookyB [3x40]
3. Buster shot --> SpookyB [8]

Soldier
Attack SpookyB [10]
Raider moved into position, as he and his soldier fired at the remaining Spooky. With four rockets heading torwards it, it looked up just in time to be deleted from the web. Raider fired one last shot torwards the last location it had been in just to make sure it wouldn't ever come back, despite the ineffectiveness of the measure. (Personally, I don't think that shot should count as a miss since the battle is over, but if you want it to count, feel free to do so)

--Battle Over--
Raider: 65 HP

RewardData: Recov10, 150 zenny, 6 BugFrags
(I don't want to count it, it was just for fun [Raider hates Spookies] )

Raider sat down and started cleaning his rifle.
-Soldier ...
-ORDERS?
-Check the remains, and tell me if you find something interesting.
-YES, SIR!

A few minutes later, as Raider finished with the cleaning, he stood up, and ...
-SIR, I FOUND SOMETHING!
-Whoa, why are you sneaking up on me?
-SIR?
-Umm, never mind ... let's see what did you found.

-Dave, look at this, something new. Can you tell what this is?
-Yeah, wait a sec ... looks like it's a healing chip. Can be useful if you've got your butt kicked.
-Great. Let's test it.
-You want to do more tests? Man ... I'm tired.
-Come on! Just a bit more.
-Allright, go find some targets.
-Yes, sir! Soldier, let's move out
-AYE!

[Battle #3 please]
The pair of soldier come across a bunch of Beetanks. There are also Powies scattered about a bit furthur back. They currently just float there, waving their arms.

BeetankA: 50
BeetankB: 50
BeetankC: 50
BeetankD: 50
PowieA: 60
PowieB: 60
PowieC: 60
PowieD: 60

Battle 3 Start