On the Net with a new friend.

((For some reason I have the feeling we should give Omega a chance to talk. We've pretty much monopolized the conversation :lol:.))
((Yeah, that's true. Edited.
Sorry Theo, we didn't mean to let you silently broil in obscurity! ^ ^;
Oh, and now he's on. Great timing.))
Things moved quickly but EAV smilled. It really was good to get back into things.

"Well.. I'm EAV." She said, quiet out place with little to say. She paused, having no idea as to what she could say other then.. "Should we carry on busting?"
"Heh heh. Sure thing, EAV!" Gunner pulled his favorite weapon from his holster, a revolver with an unusally wide barrel. "Let's find some viruses."
Ergo had already gone several feet down the path while the other Navi's were talking.

"Hey, are you two coming?" He called back to them, realizing that they were still talking.

"Ergo..." Nik groaned, marveling at the audacity of his Navi. It was one thing to take point, it was something else entirely to just go off while the others were introducing themselves.
Gunner turned as he noticed that the navi with the thick gauntlets was no longer with him... In fact, he had covered a lot of ground. He started after Ergo, turning momentarily to EAV to pass on a few words. "Come on, let's catch up." He turned again and pursued Ergo with swift but unhurried strides, assuming EAV had followed suit.
EAV followed silently, a thin smirk on her face. It was could to be wht you would call "back in the rythym."
((Are we ready for viruses?))
((I'd say so.))
((... Is it can be fights teim now plees?))
((Bump once every 24 hours, not 12, Xenolo.))

Virus Attack!

MEtoolA: 40
MetoolB: 40
MetoolC: 40
MetoolD: 40
SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
SpikeyA: 90
SpikeyB: 90
SpikeyC: 90

Gunner: 100
EAV: 90
Ergo: 90

Battle 1 Start!
A maniacal grin stretched across Gunner's face as he surveyed the enemy lines. He had seen these viruses before. The Spikeys would fall as soon as he used his Bubbler. The Mets were an annoyance, but nothing more... And those -- Wait. "Swift, what are those?" Swift's reply was slow and muddled.
"I... Don't know... But!" His voice regaind its usual air of confidence. "They look like they'd burn very well, don't they?" A slow chuckle rolled from his throat as he fanned his three chips of choice between his fingers: One bore an intense action shot of a Spikey virus, emitting a trademark burst of flame. Another was a relatively calming picture, detailing a grinning red Shrimpy encased in a bubble. The final one between his fingers bore another action shot, of a fairly nondescript stock-model navi firing an intense golden burst of energy from the end of its buster. These three chips would draw power from Gunner's capabilities as a Cursor-class navi, decimating the enemy lines. It was a bit of a shame: Swift had always loved Mets. Their presence in most areas of the Net, coupled with their relatively low threat level and their incredibly cute appearances had made them the poster boys of viruses in general. In fact, the had come to be viewed as symbols of the Net itself, alongside the ever-present normal navi.

Meanwhile, back in the Net, Gunner had waited several seconds without recieving any sort of chip data. "Uh... Swift? Am I flying solo here?" The comment was soaked with Gunner's usual blunt sarcasm, but it managed to break through his operator's reverie.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. Ha ha! Sorry about that... I'm sending your chips." The three chips clicked into the PET in sequence, then merged from the other side shortly after. Three bullets in Gunner's favorite revolver began to glow, the light visible through the chambers and the barrel. First, he trained his gun on the seed-creatures with leafy wings. Aiming only took moments before he squeezed the trigger, releasing the large-caliber bullet with the red glow. A deceptively small red streak lanced at the bat in the center... Only Gunner could predict that this particular bullet would cause a fiery explosion. The next chamber locked into place before the first bullet had hit. He aimed as surely as before, despite the hot wind and burst of sound he had inflicted upon the last set of unfortunate viruses. This time, the bullet with the blue glow got its turn. Gunner had scarcely tightene his grip around the trigger a second time when the Spikey trio became obscured by a pillar of blue suds. And last but not least, the bullet emitting a plain white light was shot at the innocent-looking crew of Mets. He turned to the others with a wry smile. "Alright... Let's see what you guys can do."

4. Dodge
((Hehe, sorry 'bout that Majin...))

Ergo stood there, almost speechless. "Wow..." He murmured, marveling at the efficient devastation that Gunner's trio of attacks. "We've gotta learn how to do that..." Nik chimed, looking at the attack through his PET screen. "Ready to show him what we've got?" He said, slotting his RageClaw chip into the PET.

"Heh..." Ergo smirked, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Let's rock!"

Ergo set of in a mad dash towards one of the Spikey's, his hands flared out behind him. In one, his halberd materialized, the blade already drilling at the air. His other hand sprouted the trademark claws of the RageClaw chip. With a ferocious cry, he leapt into the air, sinking both claws and halberd into the virus as he landed on it. Oh, but we're not done yet he thought, grinning all the while. Using his halberd as a source of extra leverage, he planted both feet on the ground and spun. As though he were an Olympic athlete participating in the hammer throw, he brought the virus into a hurricane-like rotation and sent it rocketing towards the Seedbat flock. He slid he foot behind him, ending his rotation as he brought his halberd into a ready position behind him.

"I feel as though I should be making some kind of snappy comment..." He grinned.
"You guys having fun yet?" he called to the other Navis.

((Attack Order: Drilling Strike and Rageclaw (60 and 40 dmg respectively, Both to whichever Spikey isn't killed by King's attack.)
RageClaw (Throwing Spikey into whichever Seedbat isn't killed by King... I'm starting to see a pattern here... 20 Dmg to both parties involved.)
))
((XD
Oh joy, I'm causing people difficulty with their summaries.))
((Guys! Please wait just a little more!~ I hope you can understand. I've been having a hard time sleeping, and I was up to my ass in research on cats/fat people. Now it's too late to post! Sorry! I'll go for tommorow

I swear!
((Meh. It's fine. I ain't going nowhere.))
((Same here, though I do want to know why you were researching cats/fat people...))
((Obese people and feral cats. Same thing.

Social studies & Science.))

As to not interfear with her allies, EAV targeted a weaker virii. "Targets aquired. Requesting chips."

"Got it.... Chips in." Moa slid two chips into his PET as he watched the screen of the PET. It would be intresting to see how EAV's tactics would work, as slightly 'dated' as they were. Taking off in a horizontal direction from the others, EAV ran out in an attempt to draw some fire. Suddenly, she drew the rifle from her back, aiming at a green plus which acted as her target. Suddenly, a spray of light blue energy fired from end of the rifle, threatening to engulf the metool and those around it. Not taking a moments rest, EAV turned to take aim at a second metool, quickly releasing a second and identicle burst. Suddenly, a cloud of "net-dust" was kicked up as EAV slid to a halt. Pausing for only a brief second, she thought. "ERGO" was engaging some of the virii in close quarters... It wouldn't be safe to fire anything into the fray... Yet. Convinced the virii were distracted by the combined onslaught of the other two, EAV placed the rifle on her back as she braced her right arm, taking aim with the gun barrel mounted on her arm. She waited for Ergo to finish his strike before calling for him to back out. Suddenly, a swarm of bullets flew from the barrel as shells flew from EAV's shoulder, hot lead slaming into whatever virii had the misfotune of crossing them.

BASICLY:
1. Shotgun to MetoolA and MetoolD (50A)
2. Shotgun to MetoolC and MetoolD (50A)
3.Vulcan2 to whatever's left. 10X5=(50A)

((Sorry, not real impressive. Got to go to dinner soon and I want to practice my guitar. O_<))
The letter opf the day is B, Gunner picking off each and every center virus. He also kills an extra Spikey. Ergo slams into the last Spikey, throwing its mangled body into a nearby bat. EAV takes her time, finishing off the remaining Mets. She then pumps a few shots into a bat. It then attacks her, striking with its wings.

MEtoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
MetoolC: DELETED!
MetoolD: DELETED!
SeedbatA: 10
SeedbatB: DELETED!
SeedbatC: 30
SpikeyA: DELETED!
SpikeyB: DELETED!
SpikeyC: DELETED!

Gunner: 100
EAV: 70
Ergo: 90
"EAV!" Ergo shouted, seeing his new friend take a beating at the hands--er... wings of the Seedbat. He sprang from where he stood, darting to his ally as fast as he could and leaving his halberd behind in his rush (it promptly disintegrated once it hit the ground). When he was within 5 feet of Seedbat, he leapt, using the momentum gained plus the natural keen edge of his claws to violently rake through the virus. He landed with a sharp turn, skidding to a halt not half a yard away from EAV.

Nik, not fully knowing what his Navi was planning next, silently slotted in his remaining two offensive chips, a Shotgun and Cannon, just to be on the safe side. It was always better to have weapons ready to use in the future than to be caught without if things turn nasty.

Ergo had other ideas for the chip data he felt arrive however, loading them both almost immediately and aiming the duo of newly formed gun barrels at both Seedbats. The Cannon was meant for the severely damaged virus while the Shotgun had its barrel stare down the Seedbat he had just attacked. Concentrating, he activated the firing method of the battle chips' programming and sent both a Cannon shockwave and the Shotgun's volley of buster data whizzing through the air towards their respective targets.

((Past this point is character and/or background development. Please disregard any combat references past this point.))

"Trying to be the knight in shining armor?" Nik asked, joking about his Navi's abrupt change in battle tactics. "You know I can't stand seeing members of my team being taken down, especially by something as lowly as a virus," Ergo responded, his tone a bit more serious than the situation called for.

"I know she was taking a hit or two, but I doubt she was los-"

"It doesn't matter what my motives are. I'll do what I deem necessary to protect my team, and your input is neither required nor wanted," Ergo barked through the private connection, cutting Nik off mid-sentence and leaving his Net Op in a state of through confusion. What's up with him? Nik thought, taken aback by his Navi's harsh response to a small joke. Well, he's still pretty torn up about the other ERGO units... he mused. I'll just give him some time to vent of viruses for a while. That should help cool his jets a bit.

In truth, the current situation forced memories of a similar one to rise up in Ergo, a routine mission during the time before he was a freelance search-and-rescue Navi that took a catastrophic turn for the worse. Back then he was teamed up with two other ERGO's, Panzer and Jager. Panzer was huge for an ERGO and took full advantage of his extra bulk, acting both as living shield and powerhouse for the squad. Jager preferred to keep her distance during fights, using lightning reflexes and a steady arm to pick enemies off before they knew what hit them. They were just about to enter the structure on the 'net where the missing Navi had been seen last when they were ambushed. The group managed to hold their own... until another wave of viruses appeared out of nowhere. Even with her speed, Jager wasn't able to stop all of the viruses coming at her... A blue Swordy managed to wipe away her defenses and separate her head from the rest of her. Panzer wasn't so lucky as to get a quick deletion. No less than eight viruses pounced upon him, both consuming and corrupting his data while he was still functioning. The last Ergo saw him was a writhing pile of mangled data swarming with viruses. Ergo's operator managed to jack him out, despite his protests that he should stay to avenge his friends. Ergo was badly damaged, his forearms and lower legs almost completely corrupted during his close quarters fight with the viruses that came after him.

Panzer and Jager were his teammates. They were his friends. More than that, they were his family. And they were slaughtered while he still lived. They had counted on him and he had failed them. I'll be damned if I'll let my friends be put in that situation again! he grimmaced.

((Hehe, I think I got a little carried away there... Anyhoo,
Attack Summary: Rageclaw to SeedbatC (I'm assuming that that one is closest to EAV. 40 dmg.)
Canon to SeedbatA (40 dmg)
Shotgun to SeedbatC (50 dmg. I'm not expecting any splash with this one.)
))