Raven.EXE in ACDC Net

Looking around, Raven took in a deep breath. "Nothing like what we used to fight. The virii's scents are very weak. So weak that I can't trace them," he said to Silas.

"So, weaker virii? Well, we have weaker chips, and you've been powered down, so it should be good for us to just stay here for a while," Silas replied.

Sighing, Raven decided to walk around. This was a boring Net to him. In the Net he used to hunt in, the virii were so strong, he could smell them and appropriately hunt them with relative ease. After all, he was the hunter, and they, viruses and Navis alike, were his prey.

<(BATTLE #1)>
Virus Attack!

MEtoolA: 40
MetoolB; 40
Spikey: 90

Raven: 100

Battle 1 Start!
"Okay, so we have virii. I know the Mettools anywhere, but what about those dog things?" Silas asked.

Raven had never seen them before either, but after a quick scan, he logged their data into his memory files. "Confirmed as a 'Spiky' virus. It attacks by shooting fireballs out of its mouth. Weakness is Water attribute attacks," he reported to Silas. "Send me the Rageclaw, Silas," he commanded.

"Sent. Good luck, Raven," the senior replied.

First, Raven activated the Rageclaw, elongating his talons and strengthening his arm. Rushing the first Mettool, he picked it up, holding it in his powered arm. Then, with a mighty heave, he sent it flying right at the Spiky. Raven heard a "CLANG!" which meant the Mettool had connected with something, be it Spiky or not, he didn't care right now.

"Good shot! Need a second chip?" Silas queried.

"No thanks. I can handle things myself from here," the flaming Navi said. Accessing his inner data, he activated his Raven's Flight signature attack. The fire on his body, already quite fierce, intensified until it spread across his entire body. A battle cry, and Raven split. In his place, six flaming ravens flew. Spreading their firey wings, they split up. Four flew at one Mettool, while two diverted away from the others and headed towards the previously injured Mettool. Each screeched as they exploded on what was hopefully their target, and turned into a fine grey ash. The ashes flew back to another spot, and started to take a more human shape. Feathers grew, a birdlike tail sprouted, a pair of giant wings took place on his back, and then the whole thing went from cloudy grey ash, to color. Already reformed, the dark blue flame Navi was running his top speed. "I don't know how strong these Spikys are, and I don't want to find out!"

1. Rageclaw to MettoolA (20, use to throw at Spiky)

2. Raven's Flight to Mettools A and B (2x10 to MetA, 4x10 to MetB)

3. Dodge
The Met slams into another, as the Spikey dodges. It then stares in horror as its two allies are taken out. It seems too shocked by the explosion to do much else but stare.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB; DELETED!
Spikey: 90

"Hmm? Didn't want your furry little face to get hit? Oh well. Silas, Energybomb and Sword please!" Raven said. Admittedly, he thought that a Spiky would make a perfect pet for him, but this one wouldn't do. It was too emotional.

"Slotted in. Have fun, Raven," Silas said, nodding. Their first battle here and he wasn't even going to get hit. It looked like a good day for them.

Raven snapped, and a fragmented bomb appeared in his hand. He was familiar with the Energybomb; it was unstable, but the total damage the three explosions made was quite impressive. Taking advantage of the Spiky's shock, he threw it fastball style at the Spiky. Then, under the cover of the three huge blasts, he activated the Sword, also familiar. His right hand, his favorite hand, got cloaked in a powerful blue aura. Leaping high, he targeted the Spiky, and struck, once with a sweeping slash, and a second time with a vicious stab. Raven knew that however they looked at it, this Spiky would never see another tomorrow.

1. Energybomb Spiky (40x3)

2. Sword Spiky (80)

3. Sword Spiky (80)
The Spikey is too shocked to dodge.

MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB; DELETED!
Spikey: DELETED!

Rewards: Guard, 100z
Pointing his hand at the data, it disappeared. The Guard, Silas put in a blank chip for, and hey, presto, he got a new Guard chip.

"Well, that seemed easy. Keep going, Raven. I'm going to go get me something to eat, so I'll just slot in a few chips. Don't wait for me," Silas said, going off into the kitchen for a bite to eat, preferably something high-nutrition. Before that, however, he'd slotted in three random chips.

Nodding, Raven walked off. It was beginning to look like a good day for bustin'.

<(BATTLE 2)>
((For future reference, you can't just slot in chips for your navi to use while the netop is away. If he's unop-ed, he can only use buster and sig. Course, I'll let it go now, since he ain't going far off. Just letting you know now so that you don't try to use chips while your netop is at a shop.))

Virus Attack!

CanodumbA: 50
CanodumbB: 50
CanodumbC: 50
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50

Battle 2 Start!
<(Okay, I'll remember that.)>

Accessing what he had, Raven figured out what his Operator had given him: a Shotgun, a Sword, and the new Guard chip. "Perfect draw. Never seen those cannon things or the rabbit things though. Ahh, well. Logging them in," he thought, logging their data into his memory banks. "Confirmed as Cannondumb viruses and Bunny viruses." his inner data said to him. Then, giving himself a little shake, he got back to the battle. It would be easier for him to get the Cannondumbs first, so that's just what he did.

Readying the Shotgun, he activated it, and got coated in another layer of feathers, though these were made of the same data as the Shotgun. Shaking them loose like a molting bird, they fell, and lay suspended in midair. Jumping as to make sure he wouldn't get hit by any of the feather bolts behind him, they all pointed at one of the Cannondumbs. Flying at it with the speed of a falcon, they continued right past it to (hopefully) hit another. Watching his work as he landed, Raven smiled. "Time for round 2," he said.

Activating his Sword chip, he felt the familiar aura of a Sword chip around his cutting arm. With a 'whoosh,' he was off, sprinting around the Cannondumb he hadn't targeted with the feathery Shotgun. Making sure to work his way to the Cannondumb in a spiral pattern as not to get caught in the blast, he brought his arm down upon the stationary cannon. Finally, he decided to play it safe, and activate their new chip: the Guard. Once used, nothing seemed to happen, when he felt a bit of extra weight in his wings; they were both solid as iron. Shrugging, he made himself a shield by locking the two and bringing them around him and in front of him.

1. Shotgun to CannondumbA (50, splash aimed at CannondumbB)

2. Sword to CannondumbC (80)

3. Guard (???, reflective)
Raven strikes down the three canodumbs before putting up a defense. A bunny attacks, but it reflects.

CanodumbA: DELETED!
CanodumbB: DELETED!
CanodumbC: DELETED!
BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 30

Raven was thinking of the easiest ways to dispose of the remaining Elec-type enemies by himself, when a window with Silas on-screen appeared. He was eating a large piece of smoked fish on a plate with a knife and fork. "That's Silas for you, always making sure he doesn things as neat as possible," Raven thought, but instead said "I see you're back. Thanks for the chips, by the way."

Politely waiting until he'd swallowed, Silas then said "Thanks are not needed; I am your Operator. Now, then, what did I miss?"

"Well, you missed me blasting the data out of three automated cannons, the viruses that the Cannon chips are based off, apparantly. Well, for the last little run, I'd like the Rageclaw."

First wiping his hands on a napkin, Silas sent the chip, then finished his mouthful of fish before saying "Go bonkers."

"Hey, I resent that!" Raven said sarcastically, then made his first attack. Flaring up his flames, he engulfed himself in the blue fire and grew rounder and rounder until he was a giant dark blue fireball. Then, he split himself into the six firey ravens. Then, after hovering dramatically for a few seconds, they began their Flight. Flying in a V-shaped formation, with one in front, two on each side, and one behind, they split up, as to confuse the hop-happy Bunnies. After a while, they all flew at their respective targets at once, each making a firey explosion as they collided with what they'd seen as their target. After their collisions, there was a fine ash in the air, which drifted back to a certain spot to reform as Raven. Looking at the multiple blast marks marking where he'd struck, Raven congratulated himself for a move well-played.

Then, he looked at the healthier-looking Bunny, or, the only one he could see. Not sure whether the weaker one had dodged out of the way, or been deleted, Raven shrugged, then activated the Rageclaw, buffing his right arm and lengthening his claws. Rushing the little Bunny, he made a grab with his Rageclaw-enpowered arm, ensnaring a round shape in its grasp. With a wind-up, he threw it straight up, giving it some major air. Then, he didn't do much else. He kept the claws up, because of what he'd remembered from a book of Silas'.

"What goes up, must come down."

1. Raven's Flight to Bunnies A and B (3x10 to each)

2. Rageclaw Throw straight up to BunnyB (20)

3. Rageclaw Impale to BunnyB (40)
Overkill is the name of the game, as Raven thoroughly roasts the Bunnies. The remaining one had already begun to defragment when it plummeted onto the Navi's claw.

BunnyA: DELETED!
BunnyB: DELETED!

VICTORY!
Rewards: 400 zenny.
Getting down on one knee to scoop up the zenny data in a wing, Raven smelled something in the air. "Hmm, toasty," he said, taking a whiff. "Well, Silas, looks like a good haul of zenny here. I kinda wish that we'd gotten the chip of those electric rabbit viruses, they'd be useful in case of a water-attribute virus.

"Well, be glad its Zenny. Money is everything," the old-timer said. "You're still lookin' top form, Raven. Let's keep going."

"Rightyo," Raven said. His eyes, both evil eye and good eye, were full of an intense fire: the flame of battle.

<(BATTLE THREE!)>
The fire in Raven's eyes attracted even more viruses!

SeedbatA: 50
SeedbatB: 50
SeedbatC: 50
CanodumbA: 50

Raven.EXE: 100

Battle 3 Start!
"Aha, something to burn!" Raven said, smiling at the thought of torching the bats.

"Okay, I think I know what you're going to do. First, you're going to use your Raven's Flight attack to torch the little wood-things. Then, you'll want a Shotgun, for pure damage. Then, finally, you'll want a Guard. How right am I, Raven?" Silas asked. He was pretty used to Raven's strategies.

"Close, Silas. Swap the Shotgun for a Rageclaw and you'll have it right," the bird-themed Navi replied.

"Rageclaw and Guard? Can do!" the man exclaimed, slotting in the two chips, then opened a 3d view of the battle to watch as he ate his fish.

With the same ball of comforting blue fire, he burst from the ball as the six dark flaming ravens. They could see as one, think as one, and attack as one. And that was just what they did. Splitting into groups of two, each pair went for a different Seedbat. With grim accuracy, they streaked towards their foes, leaving trails of dark smoke. With six total dark explosions, their ash reformed as Raven, looking happy about his work.

Then, letting the Rageclaw buff his arm, he lept. Up into the air, and down again, right in front of the first Seedbat. Reaching forward and grabbing, he wasn't surprised that it weighed about a tenth of a pound above nothing. Then again, that was to be expected from a virus made of seeds. With a fastball-style throw he sent the contents of his hand right at one of the Cannondumbs. Thinking that the virii would be attacking about then, he decided to use the Guard, turning his wings to shields, and defended with them.

1. Raven's Flight to Seedbats A, B, and C (2x10x2 due to type advantage=40 damage to each)

2. Rageclaw Throw SeedbatA into CannondumbA (20 each)

3. Guard (???, reflective)
Raven's signature attack heated up the battle, badly burning all of the enemy Seedbats. Not content with his work yet, Raven grabbed one and sent it toward a Cannondumb, where it exploded into seeds, leaves, and data. The Cannondumb fired in response, but only caused itself more damage.
All of the viruses had a wary look to them as they awaited Raven's next move...

SeedbatA: DELETED!
SeedbatB: 10
SeedbatC: 10
CanodumbA: 10

As he observed his work, Raven noticed that the virii were acting kind of oddly. "They're afraid of me," Raven thought as he surveyed the crowd.

Then, without warning, he sprang forth like a wild animal, which he partially was. Grabbing at a Seedbat on the way, he held it tight in his Rageclaw-powered hand. Then, once in range on the Cannondumbs, he threw it right at the Cannon in another of his fastball specials.

"Hey, Raven, do you need any chips?" Silas asked, impressed.

"Nah, I can handle it. Besides, I think these guys are kinda scared of me," the Navi replied. He had already tried grabbing at another. And in another pitching move, chucked it. Then, shaking his arm and ridding it of the worn data enhancements, which would only become deadweight at this point, he ran. He would not get attacked by such inferior virii.

1. Rageclaw Throw SeedbatB into CannondumbB (20 each)

2. Rageclaw Throw SeedbatC into CannondumbC (20 each)

3. Dodge
Raven's assumption seems to have been correct. The Seedbats both attempted to close as Raven's paw moved towards them. Raven got one, sending it flying and bursting into a Canondumb, but the second one closed in time. This didn't stop the Navi from fastballing it into another cannon.

The cannons had locked onto their target by now, but he quickly dodged out of the way of their shot. They'd have to fire in succession to hit...

SeedbatB: DELETED!
SeedbatC: 10
CanodumbA: 10
CanodumbB: 30
CanodumbC: 30

<(Talons, not paw :P. He uses it to buff up his arm and strengthen and lengthen his talons)>

"Okay, now that they've all been weakened, now I can just take 'em out in three shots! Silas, I'll need the Shotgun and the Sword!" Raven exclaimed. He laughed at the fact that all his opponents were wounded, while he was still fresh.

"Downloaded. Have fun, Raven. I'll be testing you on this last bout. Consider it your exam," Silas said, chuckling along with his Navi.

Accepting the Shotgun, Raven decided to use it differently than how he'd used it the last time. Instead of shaking feathers from all over his body, he decided to limit it to only his wings. Growing a very dense layer of iron feathers on his wings, Raven shook them loose. Instead of dropping to the floor, however, they stayed suspended in midair. Jumping to avoid any mishaps with the dangerous feathers, they all flew towards a target: one of the Cannondumbs. There was also one behind it, but whether or not the feathery shells could make it past the first Cannondumb remained to be seen.

While still in the air, Raven, oblivious to everything except his destination, activated the Sword chip, bathing a taloned hand in a soft blue aura. After a while, he fell. He saw the virus he was aiming for: the last Cannondumb. Keeping his wings extended so he could keep a few more precious seconds in the air, he swung his body 180 degrees, so he was upside-down. Extending his Sword-powered hand forward, as wel as his other, he dropped. Right on top of the totally immobile Cannonbumb.

Flipping off it, Raven had a deadly smile on his face as he eyed the last Seedbat; the one he hadn't managed to kill. Well, it was about to die anyway. Raven ensured that with a powerful vertical slice with his sharp claws.

1. Shotgun CannondumbA (50, splash to CannondumbB)

2. Sword CannondumbC (80)

3. Sword SeedbatC (80)
((Ah, sorry. I admit I speed read on that one.))

The flying feathers cut through the first Canodumb and kept on, tearing through another after the initial hit. The sword also hit its target Candumb, puncturing through the top. Suddenly, a seedbat's wings tore into him! He didn't let the transgression go unforgiven, though: he quickly exterminated the final Seedbat, which was unable to defend itself with its wings gone.

SeedbatB: DELETED!
SeedbatC: DELETED!

Raven.EXE: 80
VICTORY!
Rewards: 370 zenny, Cannon