A cold start?

A bright beam of light heralds Winter.EXE's first appearence in the ACDC Net. Once the light resolves into her graceful form, Winter takes a moment to breathe deeply and stretch a bit while looking around the area for the first time in what seemed like years to her. Things had changed quite a bit since the last time she was here... But.... Winter turned to Jared and began to speak in a cool, yet pleasant tone, "It seems things are not the way I remember them. It may take me some time to locate the data server." Jared, in his usual easy manner, replied "That's fine with me. I'm in no rush." Winter raised an eye-brow at him but declined to speak. She then began moving through the net, searching for the data server's link, and the regirstry data it contained....
After a few minutes of searching, Winter came to a halt... The path was blocked with signs that read [AREA UNDER CONSTRUCTION] , and there was a great deal of activity ahead where the paths were being rebuilt. Seeing this, Winter turned to Jared and began speaking in a cooly logical voice "This area is being rebuilt. We can't get to the data-server from here." Upon hearing this, Jareds expression turns to one of surprise, yet he voices a solution "Well, if the path is out, we can still try to get the information elsewhere or find an alternate route...." He pauses for a moment... "...Wait. What about that path over there? Where does that go?" he says as he points towards a second, much larger path. "That leads to the Net Square," Winter replied quickly. Jared looked at her in confusion and began to speak with a tinge of disbeleif "Wait, I thought you were locked away in data storage... How could you kno--" Winter interupts with a very tiny hint of mischeif in her eyes but in her normal tone of voice, "I read the sign over there." Jared felt silly for a moment but recovered quickly enough and spoke once more "Well, then lets check this place out. It may help." Winter grimaced at the thought of going to the Square, but could not refute his logic... she responded in her usual cooly pleasant tone with a quick "Aye." as she traveled towards the Net Square.