Kenji and Hitokiri

Kenji gave a curt nod to the passing soldiers as they barreled down the hall ahead of him. If shit hit the fan, he'd rather have an escape route than be jostled around between a squad of gung-ho netpolice. As the last unit moved ahead down the narrow passage, he scanned the area behind him one last time to make sure no unpleasant surprises would sneak up upon him. He gave a slight shrug then followed the team post haste.

He tried as best he could to keep up with the well trained platoon, keeping up was never his strong point, running away was much more natural. He was almost up to the rest of the group as they stopped mid march up ahead. Kenji barely had enough time to put on the brakes and halt before bumping into the trooper ahead of him.

"Hey! What's the holdup?"

Instead of an answer, he was confronted with the usual death glare from the commander. He instantly piped down and gave her a sharp salute, standing at full attention like a good military dog. She gave him some kind of hand signal he couldn't quite make out, but knew the basic meaning. Shut your trap and follow close. He nodded nervously and kept at attention. She signaled to another trooper who proceeded to sparta-kick the double door open, revealing a flight of stairs. He rolled his eyes and sighed. Great... more running.

The squad once again began filing up the steel stairs like a well-oiled machine. Kenji shrugged and chased right after them, sandals clanking harmoniously along those of the allied officers. The team marched onwards towards the rooftop, but unlike the officers, Kenji found the trip rather arduous. He breathed heavily as they plodded on upwards with no end in sight.

"J-jeeze! What the hell is this place? Shinra tower? I thought going in guns ablazing was supposed to be the shortcut! Where's the elevator?!?!"

Instead of keeping his eyes glued to the ceiling counting the tiles, he decided to fake some consideration by interacting with his "teammates". And by interacting, he meant staring at the commanders ass the whole trip. At least he would've if she didn't have eyes on the back of her head, he tore his gaze away and put on an innocent look just as he caught the corner of her eye. The group suddenly halted before a pair of large steel doors. The commander began issuing some commands and explaining their current predicament. The usual gunfire and explosions was resonating from behind the doors, indicating their closeness to the war zone. Whatever lay behind those doors had to be worth the wait. He was practically salivating. He stretched out his arms and grinned, not really paying attention to the commander or her info, more intent on actually getting out there to brawl instead. He lazily looked around the group instead, seeing the usual rabble of stick-up-the-arse troops, with the addition of another familiar face. He cocked his head to the side as he took a gander at the multi-sworded Navi. He scratched his head in confusion.

"Wait a second... aren't you supposed to be dead?"

Kenji's question was cut short as an annoyingly loud noise screeched in his ears. Reflexively, he stepped backwards to avoid whatever was approaching. Unfortunately, he forgot he was at the top of a staircase. His foot missed a step as he tripped, falling backwards several steps painfully before catching himself of the side. He rubbed his head painfully and looked up just in time to be blinded by an eerie red light. He ducked down to cover himself from the beam. After a few seconds had passed, the light began to fade. Kenji rubbed his eyes wearily and tried to make out his surroundings. The first thing to hit him was the sight of the multi sworded Navi laying outstretched in front of him. He smiled at the thought that no one else was hurt.

"Well that was an interesting light show wasn't it? Wonder what that was all... oh. Ouch."

Kenji craned his neck to the side to get a better view of the navi, then instantly wished he didn't. It seemed he wasn't quite as well as he thought he was, he seemed to be missing a rather sizable chunk of his right side. Now Kenji was no doctor, but he could tell that this wasn't a good sign. He scratched his head puzzled then shrugged, stepping over the mans body as it began to separate into waves of data and disappear into the air. The scene was rather strange at best, there were no scorch marks, no scratches, just a big gaping hole in the stairs. One clear cut hole, almost like nothing had been there in the first place. He gulped as he realized how close he'd been to Hitokiri, and if he hadn't had that little accident then he'd have shared the same fate. He truly had the devils luck. He grinned at this foolhardy thought till he realized who else was caught in that blast. He instantly dashed back up the weakened staircase to the spot where the officers had once stood. He just stood there shell shocked as he saw a large mass of data collecting and disappearing into the air. He scanned it quickly, looking for a familiar code, and unfortunately with a degree of success. The former officers took the blast head on, not one had a chance.

Kenji clenched his fists at his side and lowered his head as he scowled. He hands trembled as he suppressed his anger. He dropped to one knee and slammed his fist into the ground, swearing loudly and violently into the air. Odds are he would've sat there screaming, probably from slamming a fist into steel rather than the loss of some nameless redshirts, but he was promptly distracted from his emo trance as the ground beneath him began to shake and sway.

"Huh... I guess I don't know my own strength."

In reality the blast destroyed most of the support beams, but his ego was far too large to really consider any other alternative. A grinding, screeching sound pounded against kenji's eardrums as the beams began to give way. That sound was soon drowned out with another equally aggravating noise that reminded him of a metallica concert. Looking around for a chance to escape he found nothing but a large gaping hole standing between him and the exit. He really didn't want to contemplate how far down it went. Kenji shook his head to clear himself of the thought, there really wasn't any time to think of another means of escape, he'll take what he could get. He took a cautious step back, uttered a prayer to Kojima, then set off like a gunshot towards the exit. One slow-mo CG effect and a heroic music clip later, he leapt with all the strength he could muster for the rooftop. Unfortunately for him, his luck had run out against the lazer, the stairs gave way before he his feet even left the steel plate. Flailing in the air for the ledge, Kenji panicked as he began to descend. It was then it dawned on him that his was a wind Navi, and that he could just boost himself to the roof. He slapped his forehead and scowled as he mustered his energy and summoned a strong torrent of air below him, propelling him to the ledge, or more accurately, over the ledge. Kenji sailed up over the pitfall and a good twenty feet past his desired landing point, crashing painfully into a metal pipe in the process.

"That would've been much more dramatic and impressive if you didn't flail about like a salmon having a seizure when you did it."

Kenji flipped back onto his feet and rubbed his head painfully."The point is I made it!"

"Aww, and here I thought I was gonna see a reenactment of an old roadrunner cartoon."

Kenji rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, the floating image of his operator vanishing. Shaking his head, Kenji resumed his unusually stern demeanor. Touching off from the ground, Kenji lept up high into the hair and landed softly on the highest point of the rooftop. He cracked his neck and crossed his arms, glaring at the two figures duking it out nearby.

"Alright! Which one of you two fired that lazer?!?! You're gonna pay for deleting those Navis!!!"

"Wow, this is a side of you I've never seen before. You actually care about the lives of the other officers?"

"Other officers? Are you nuts? Screw them!" He swiftly jammed a finger out towards the razor clawed Navi. "It was you wasn't it?!?! I finally get a girl to go out with me and you go ahead and disintegrate her! I didn't even get her email address yet!!!"

"Never cockblock a sexually ambiguous idiot. Trust me, its not pretty."

"Not now Keito!"

Summary:
1. Dive to safety with the assistance of Gust ability.
2. Dodge
3. Prepare for dodging
4. Prepare for dodging
Kenjis...artful display manages to land him back on top of the roof, placing him square in the middle of the dark, laser ridden stage that was the battlefield of the two navis. The black and grey navi's claws flashed a brilliant blue as they swung at the performing navi, but he just laughed and screamed maniacally as the claws rent a bloody barrier from him and he swung his guitar right back at it. The navi was connected in the stomach, and flew backwards, driving his claws into the ground to drag himself to a stop. Twin blue scarves dance around him and reveal on his left shoulder a symbol of the netpolice as he prepares to attack again. As he takes a step forwards, the demonic guitarist lets out a roar.

"YEAH!!! Why you messin with the show sooon?! Just sit back and enjoy the RIIIYEEED!" his voice echoed and reverbed around the arena that he had created as the bloody rain fell on the arena. He drew a chord up the guitar and began thrashing the axe, heavy death metal bombarding the arena as the lasershow on his stage focused down on the clawed navi. Four mirrors shot up from the ground around him as the lasers erupted from his stagelights. The black and blue navis eyes shot up and he threw up his claws hastily. "Nurture Drive!" As he shouted at the top of his lungs, a white arua was imbued upon him, like a beacon amidst the horrific battlefield. As the laser slammed into him, he held his position and flung it away, the aura flickering as he stood there.

"Moonlight, take this and devastate him," A voice called down in an unusually calm tone, blue chipdata descending on the navi known as Moonlight and further empowering him. He welcomed the powerboost with a serene look as the light faded. Both his claws seemed to have redoubled in their shine, brilliant cerulean light emanating from him.

"Hey! You tryin to steal the show from NE-CRO-SIS!? Now that just ain't gonna stand! The stage ain't big enough!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, his voice somehow carrying over the blaring metal. As he shreds, his gaze manages to move over to the corner he just destroyed where Kenji is standing, and his eyes get a little bigger. "Oh no, and now he's got another member in his group?!" He shouted, now spinning the guitar around in his hands and flipping two switches on the bottom, "Well he ain't the only one with backup!" his voice seemed to shake the battlefield as two large boxes erupted from the ground behind him like coffins being pushed up from the ground. One was a large board which sent a cable into his guitar, and the other was a large drumset. Both began sending painful noises out across the field, forcing both navis to wince as they felt themselves becoming heavier.

"Whats goin on down there Moonlight?" His netop asked in a calm tone.

"I...I dunno...one of those things is making me...I...I can't move again!" he said back. Necrosis' screaming laugh echoed through the cacophonous symphony and into the hearts of both navis.

Kenji 180HP <(-1 action)>

Moonlight 1380HP <(4hit barrier)> <(-1 action)>

Necrosis 1666HP

Synth 60HP
Drums 100HP

<(BATTLEFIELD COVERED IN BLOOD, REDUCED DODGE)>

BATTLEROUTINE...SET>>>EXECUTE
((Rai, please look here.))
Keito covered his ears in pain as heavy metal began pouring from his laptop. He fumbled with his laptop's sound control function and lowered it to mute. He looked around rather embarrassed as the other customers in the cafe glared at him curiously. He gave a nervous chuckle then reached into his bag to withdraw a set of headphones. He plugged them in and placed the buds in his ears.

"Jeeze! He calls that music? My ears are bleeding here! I feel sorry for you down there, how are you handling it?"

He tapped a few keys on his computer and brought up a video screen. Immediately bringing his hands to his temples, rubbing them sorely. Back in the virtual world, Kenji seemed to have a different opinion on the music. The effeminate navi threw off his robe onto the stage where the navi was shredding his guitar. He reached back to his braided ponytail and removed the hairtie, his neat and tidy long hair falling down into a shaggy mess somewhat reminiscent of Cousin it. He dipped his finger in a pool of blood that was accumulating from the morbid shower and drew on some crude face paint across his cheeks. This accompanied by the piercings on his nose game him a somewhat "metal" appearance. Grinning at the Rockin' navi, he threw up the horns and gave him a wide grin.

"Bitchin guitar solo dude! Ramstein's got nuthin on you!"

"You can't be serious. Please tell me you're not serious."

Kenji shot his partner a devious grin.

"Come on man, don't tell me you're not a fan of the guitar!"

"I prefer Good music, like queen or journey."

"No taste my friend, no taste at all. Though yes, Bohemian raphsody is baller. Either way dude, this is my one chance to wipe that grin off that moonlight dude, and i'm not passing up this chance!"

"I suppose, but what's to gain from it?"

"We could brag about it towards Zanzo and Nachamen."

"...I suppose so. Just one thing. No air guitar."

"Whatever you say man."

Kenji grin grew wider as he heard the guitarist's solo start kicking in. He began to bob his head up and down, gradually growing fiercer and faster, until it grew into full on headbanging. As his long hair lashed up against his back, small glowing orbs of energy began forming around him, swirling around in his own miniature lightshow. He clapped his hands together and the orbs went zooming out towards the scarfed Navi.

"No hard feelings buddy, i've just been wanting to take you on for a while now! Let's add us some stage effects!"

He flipped up his hair out of his face and onto his back in one fluid motion, revealing a small bomb in his hand. Pivoting on his foot, he did a half circle spin and flung the sphere at the unsuspecting Navi.

"No show is complete without pyrotechnics!"

Snapping his fingers, a giant inferno shot out of his hands headed straight for the spandexed fighter. The torrent of flame took shape in mid flight, resembling a fiery bird as it screeched across the rooftop. Kenji grinned and threw up the horns once more.

"Rock on!"

Summary:
1. Spirit arrows-70dmg+stun-Moonlight
2. Magbomb1-30dmg+pin-Moonlight
3. Phoenixshot1-70dmg-Moonlight
As Kenji turned and began a little dance to throw various blasts of energy at his once friend, Moonlight threw up his hands as the blasts of energy peeled back the layers of protective barrier surrounding him. He glared at the navi and shouted at him in an angry roar,

"What in the world are you doing!? This is much more than a little match! This is work, I have to delete this mafianavi!" As he shouted, crystals on his body seemed to strengthen, reforming shattered rock and smoothing out the edges as green light drifted up from him in small sparks. The navi on the stage laughed and let out a metal roar that echoed across the arena, speaking in his low gruff tone,

"Hey, Nothing like having backup performers in the show, but I'll be damned before I'll be upstaged!" His fingers flew across his guitar in an evil hiss, smoke seeming to rise up from the frets. A fire erupted on his fretboard, seeming to dance across his fingers as they flew over the frets. The heavy metal symphony was accompanied by blazing lights as all the stage was awash in a red glow. A guttural, menacing laugh wafted over the arena as flames began shooting up from the ground around the two navi's feet. Necrosis' evil laugh was blasted out of the navis ears by a screeching solo as flame blasts erupted from the base of his guitar at Moonlight, who covered his face as the last barrier was rent from his body in flaming embers. He opened his eyes and looked besides him to see the barrier fragments burning into nothing as Necrosis spun the flaming guitar in his hands and roared throatily, his flaming hands once again tearing up the axe and sending screeching metal chords rocketing into Moonlight. Blood rained dow upon him, coating his body once more as he laughed.

Moonlight was blasted backwards from the stage by the impact of the noise, teetering on his feet like a drunk. "What's going on there? Are you alright?" Zanzo called down to him, but the words fell on deaf ears as Moonlight pulled up the glistening crystals on his hands and let a volley of bladed gems rain down on Kenji, slicing into his arms and chest. "What's going on?! Snap out of it Moonlight!" Zanzo shouted angrily, his voice getting through and knocking Moonlight out of his trance and back into the heavy metal concert of a fight. He held his head, getting a grip on things again, it looked. As he looked up again to the two other entrants in this battle, he glared at Kenji.

"I don't know what your problem is here, but I've not got time for you in light of him" he said as he jerked his head curtly towards Necrosis, I've got a job to do, and it's time to play my tune!" he shouted, pulling up his hands and letting salvos of jagged crystal shear the air as they embedded themselves into Necrosis and one of his support toys, destroying the Synth and tearing down Necrosis' barrier of blood. He winced as the arena around him still pounded from the drums, both navi's still feeling the thumping bass rattle their brains.

Kenji 108HP <(-1 action)>

Moonlight 1285HP <(-1 action)>

Necrosis 1666HP

Synth DELETED
Drums 100HP
whatever works dude
<(FINALLY posted)>
Kenji was in an uproar as the scarfed navi glared furiously at him, clenching his fist angrily at him. He couldn't help but howl with laughter at seeing his furious expression. It reminded him of the times he'd play tricks on the crystal Navi; except, when he messed with him before he never actually fired live weaponry at him. Granted, this time he might do more than banter with him and actually try to assault him.

"What in the world are you doing!? This is much more than a little match! This is work, I have to delete this mafianavi!"

Kenji grinned widely at the little man, barring his fangs in a mocking gesture. His eyes aglow with mischief as he wagged his outstretched finger in a mocking gesture. He let out a snide chuckle before shaking his head.

"Ya know what your problem is buddy? Ya just don't know how to take it easy! Let loose, let your hair down, have some freakin fun once in awhile!!!" Kenji jerked a thumb at the heavy rocker. "Take it from this dude, he knows how to have a good time. Let's have some fun shall we?"

Kenji snapped his fingers above his head with a dramatic fling. A digital screech filled the net as a massive assault cannon materialized on his right shoulder. Its large barrel aimed directly for Moonlight. kenji flipped a small black switch on the side of the gun, a small scanner unfolding and attaching itself infront of Kenji's eye. He smiled and waved goodbye as he pulled the trigger, sending a destructive shell straight at the azure navi. As the gun disappeared back into data, kenji turned towards Necrosis and did a theatrical bow.

"Hey, Nothing like having backup performers in the show, but I'll be damned before I'll be upstaged!"

The screech of his guitar sent a shockwave towards Kenji, sending him flying back to the edge of the roof. He skidded to a halt with a smirk, inches from falling over the building. He stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips in a cocky manner.

"Oho? Is that how it's gonna be? Alright buddy, hows about a little battle of the bands eh Mercury? Lets let the spandax man be our audience. Whoever can give him the best performance'll be the better rocker. Show me what you're made of slash!"

Kenji clapped his hands together, pulling them apart to reveal a twin pair of guns in either hand. A mad trigger-happy look stretched across his ambiguous face as he pulled the triggers on the guns. A hail of bullets spewing from the barrel of a small minigun whilst a homing rocket shot out of the cannon. As the weapons vanished, he threw out his chest and crossed his arms in defiance.
Kenji was in an uproar as the scarfed navi glared furiously at him, clenching his fist angrily at him. He couldn't help but howl with laughter at seeing his furious expression. It reminded him of the times he'd play tricks on the crystal Navi; except, when he messed with him before he never actually fired live weaponry at him. Granted, this time he might do more than banter with him and actually try to assault him.

"What in the world are you doing!? This is much more than a little match! This is work, I have to delete this mafianavi!"

Kenji grinned widely at the little man, barring his fangs in a mocking gesture. His eyes aglow with mischief as he wagged his outstretched finger in a mocking gesture. He let out a snide chuckle before shaking his head.

"Ya know what your problem is buddy? Ya just don't know how to take it easy! Let loose, let your hair down, have some freakin fun once in awhile!!!" Kenji jerked a thumb at the heavy rocker. "Take it from this dude, he knows how to have a good time. Let's have some fun shall we?"

Kenji snapped his fingers above his head with a dramatic fling. A digital screech filled the net as a massive assault cannon materialized on his right shoulder. Its large barrel aimed directly for Moonlight. kenji flipped a small black switch on the side of the gun, a small scanner unfolding and attaching itself infront of Kenji's eye. He smiled and waved goodbye as he pulled the trigger, sending a destructive shell straight at the azure navi. As the gun disappeared back into data, kenji turned towards Necrosis and did a theatrical bow.

"Hey, Nothing like having backup performers in the show, but I'll be damned before I'll be upstaged!"

The screech of his guitar sent a shockwave towards Kenji, sending him flying back to the edge of the roof. He skidded to a halt with a smirk, inches from falling over the building. He stood up straight and placed his hands on his hips in a cocky manner.

"Oho? Is that how it's gonna be? Alright buddy, hows about a little battle of the bands eh Mercury? Lets let the spandax man be our audience. Whoever can give him the best performance'll be the better rocker. Show me what you're made of slash!"

Kenji clapped his hands together, pulling them apart to reveal a twin pair of guns in either hand. A mad trigger-happy look stretched across his ambiguous face as he pulled the triggers on the guns. A hail of bullets spewing from the barrel of a small minigun whilst a homing rocket shot out of the cannon. As the weapons vanished, he threw out his chest and crossed his arms in defiance.

Summary:
1. Hicannon-80dmg-Moonlight
2. Vulcan2-10dmgx5-Moonlight
3. Markcannon1-70dmg(homing)-Moonlight
((Rai, NOW you're getting this.))