Zephyr and RASS

((Sorry Hiko, but Mass is just too fun to RP. Plus, I don't think I can disengage a cross prematurely.))

Idiot?

Mass clenched his fists, scowling darkly at his teammate's words. His crimson aura flared up to terrible proportions as his forearms glowed with thermal energy. Coils of electricity snaked over his arms as he took one threatening step forward toward his offending comrade.

IDIOT?!

Mass, calm yourself. Your teammate is absolutely right, you know. Your careless, shortsighted actions could have resulted in the untimely deletion of individuals who we have designated as allies. said Tem icily, It's true that your pure destructive power is greater than Rass' default configuration, but you're going to have to eventually realize that not all battles require brute strength to achieve the optimal solution.

DISAGREED, TACTICAL SYSTEM TEM, said Ishamel, ALLY UNIT ZEPHYR.EXE MAKES UNWARRANTED CLAIMS AND JUDGMENTS IN HIS DEMEANOR! STANDARD LEVEL CALCULATIONS PLACES ALLY UNIT ZEPHYR.EXE AT LEVEL 1. SIMULATNEOUSLY HE BELIEVES HIMSELF TO BE A LEADER. THIS PARADOX MUST BE RESOLVED BY IGNORING HIS COMMENTS!

Y-Yeah, Tem, you don't need to be so harsh on him, y'know? said Argo, uncharacteristically nervous, Although Mass, Tem does have a point. Even if that potty-mouthed runty little idiot thinks he's so tough, we can't go around making these kinds of mistakes.

IDIOT?!!

"ARRRRGGGHH!!!" he shouted, aiming a crushing blow a nearby NetMafia member in frustration. "You self righteous little PUNK! How DARE you judge an invincible fighter like me! Do you think battle is as clear cut as good and evil? Do you think I got to where I am today by taking the time to figure out who is on who's side? Besides, it's not like YOU were very helpful in telling me that information. All you told me to do is beat the living hell out of the opponents — and what the freaking hell is a heelnavi?"

"Mass, just stop"

-*-

"What the freaking hell do you want, four eyes! I don't remember asking you!"

"I wasn't asking you, I was TELLING you," replied Suien, "Now I know it's not fair that nobody informed you about the situation of the battle, but that doesn't mean you're completely absolved for what happened. The four of us tried to tell you what was going on, but you completely ignored what we were trying to say. Your netpolice sympathizer partner has a point, so please stop being so confrontational." Flipping open his battlechip folder and perusing the pages, Suien withdrew a pair of shotgun chips and slid them into the PET receptacle. "Look, just finish the job, okay? And make sure you hit the correct opponents this time!"

Mass said nothing in response, instead opting to erupt with a burst of brilliant white light and charge toward the opponents once again. Sighing as he slotted in a pair of shotgun ammunition, Suien shook his head. "Is this what Rania has to go through all the time?" he asked out loud.

-*-

Stupid know-it-all jerkoff, thought Mass bitterly as his aura transformed from crimson to white in the blink of an eye, So what if I messed this one up? It's not like anyone DIED... and it got them to surrender too, so what's he all ticked off about? With that, the pugilistic prizefighter darted across the battlefield, easily closing the distance between himself and the opposing navis and leaving behind a luminous trail. Mass frowned as he thrust both arms to the side, charging them with the newly-arrived shotgun energy. Slowly but surely, his gauntleted fists began to pulsate with barely-restrained force, gleaming in the artificially-lit network. Besides, I'm Mass! The greatest fighter in the universe! There's no way any lowly netnavi could take me down even if they tried! he thought, his mind desperately trying to justify his actions, Plus, I couldn't just make a decision like that based on first impressions! That's just... naïve.

With that final thought, Mass pumped his fists back and forth, discharging one energy burst after another as he peppered the remaining opponents with deadly lances of destructive energy. Large clouds of smoke were kicked up in his wake as blast after blast tore through the air, striking the ground around the opposing navis. Without so much as a smile, Mass crossed his arms and frowned, his aura regaining its normal crimson hue. If all that's true... he thought grimly, ...then why do I feel so... bad about this whole thing?

-*-

Fusionist Physics: Knockback MafiaGruntD and Takeno together
Fusionist Protoplasm: Regen to NetpoliceNaviC (5 HP/action)
WindboxA: Pin mafia members in place, increase accuracy of attacks against them
WindboxB: Pin mafia members in place, increase accuracy of attacks against them
1: Charge
2: Charge
3: Pissed-off Charge Attack to NetMafia GruntB (48)
4: Super Savior Ascention (Haste, Knockback to Romulus, Tactical Move behind all)
5: Shotgun to Takeno/Romulus — (50, splash)
6: Shotgun to NetMafia GruntB/D — (50, splash)
=Yeah, I regretted saying that immediately after I was viciously cyber-kicked-in-the-shins-by-Shin. Plus, you're right, it is pretty funny.
And bump.=
= PA? You there? =
(Yes, Hiko, I am here.
Also, be grateful.
AND DON'T BUG ME AGAIN UNTIL THURSDAY AT THE EARLIEST. THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
AT 5:00 PM
MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME.)

At the ungodly array of blasts, both Zephyr and Mass, together, manage to finish off the Mafia. As Romulus turns to Remus, reaching out, Remus turns his head.
No longer, brother.
...Wow. That's... anticlimactic.
Their attention is turned away from the dramatic scene as Hacker shuffles around in his pockets, trying to find something else.
Fear not, weakened Netpolice allies! I have here... he pulled a battlechip out of one of his numerous pockets, ...a compressed DBLBEAM chip, focused to only affect two navis, but with all the power that could heal a team of thousands with a single blow! Now, just stand there...
Activating the chip, he sent it flying at the Netpolice navis, a blue beam of energy. The navis nodded at each other, before leaping out of the way as the beam turned to red. Hacker gasped, and Remus yelled out orders, but there was no helping them now. Blasted by the chip, they both laid there on the ground, their undershirts barely having saved them. And as the battle routine ended, both navis jacked out, unable to proceed. Remus was furious, but Hacker merely looked interested.
Hmm... I suppose I must next isolate the random variable in the DBLBEAM chip to make this weapon effective.
I'LL KILL YOU, YOU LITTLE HACKING...

Remus: 250 HP
Netpolice Navi B: JACK OUT
Netpolice Navi C: JACK OUT

Romulus: DELETED
Gamma: DELETED
Takeno: DELETED
Netmafia Grunt A: DELETED
Netmafia Grunt B: DELETED
Netmafia Grunt C: DELETED
Netmafia Grunt D: DELETED

Zephyr: 95 HP
Rass: 110 HP

Civilian A: 40 HP
Civilian B: 59 HP
Hacker: 82 HP
Civilian D: 25 HP

-VICTORY!-
Rewards:
RASS: 1800z, Hicannon, DBLBEAM2 (+300z)
Zephyr: 1800z, Vulcan2

FXP:
3 Static
2 For working together to save civillians
1 for Zephyr saving Rass
= Yay, lots of zenny. All the more for Ceres. :'D Anyways, yeah, that's cool... w00t. :'D My plan workeddd. AND SORRY, PA. I DID WAIT A WHILE FOR YOU. D: =

Zephyr, grinning broadly, jumped into the air with a wild punching motion. YEAH! WE WON! he hollered, practically bursting with glee.

Alright, don't get TOO excited, mock-chided Kure, also smiling slightly. Well, I guess we have to move on...

No! I'm savoring the moment, exclaimed Zephyr, closing his eyes, remembering the utter destruction of the NetMafia navis with apparent delight, still bearing a grin from ... ear-hole to ear-hole.

OK... but I doooon't think that people are going to be happy about this, Kure thought aloud, frowning a bit.

Completely oblivious, Zephyr still continued to look around. NICE JOB TROOPS! he yelled, waving his arms ecstatically. Turning to MASS, his grin faded a bit, but he continued, And you too-... he stopped short. Looking to Remus, he frowned, looking troubled. Remus... your...? he stuttered, hoping that Remus would understand what he meant.

I'm sorry, Remus, but we really have to move on, ground out Kure anxiously, looking around on the battlefield. That was just the beginning...

=-=-=

REQUEST FOR THIRD BATTLE: SUBMITTED
Rass stared blankly toward Zephyr, slightly confused as to the navi's sudden animosity, but without any doubt as to what had happened. As his amorphous body shifted back into its original configuration, the fusion navi sighed and looked down toward the ground, pressing the tips of his fingers against each other nervously. It was Mass, wasn't it? he thought, directing his thoughts toward his other three subsystems. The streaks of green, blue, and red bolting wordlessly across his body into the gemstones on his back was all the confirmation he needed. "I... I messed this one up p-pretty badly, huh?" he stammered, looking at the survivors with a nervous look in his eyes, "I'm s-sorry... It's just that... when I... that is to s-say..."

Rass trailed off. What could he say? That his alter-ego was a psychopath? That he had a monster inside of him? That he heard voices in his head? That he was some twisted amalgamation of four — possibly five including Mass - different entities? Realizing at once that no explanation would help the NetPolice understand, Rass opted to keep his mouth shut, fiddle nervously with his scarf, and sullenly turn away from the NetPolice officials.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Rass"

Rass' head turned sharply skyward as the private communiqué entered his auditory sensors. Switching his channel to a private setting, he responded. "Suien, I... I shouldn't have used it. I just... couldn't think of any other way out. he said, glancing furtively toward civilians and the NetPolice, "I... I... wasn't strong enough on my own.

Suien sighed, and twirled a battlechip idly in his fingers. "Rass, you acted independently on an instinct of self-preservation. I can see nothing wrong with that." he said simply, "After all, sometimes you have to rely on your own instincts..." Suien hesitated slightly, as though second-guessing his next words, "...because you can't always rely on others to do that for you."

Rass said nothing, but followed the remaining group at a distance. I'm... glad Suien's around. he thought, Who knows how I'd turn out if he weren't my netOp...

Quote (Skyrender)

Realizing at once that no explanation would help the NetPolice understand, Rass opted to keep his mouth shut, fiddle nervously with his scarf, and sullenly turn away from the NetPolice official.

= THIS IS NOT A BUMP. I fixed it.
YOU KILLED THEM ALL, REMEMBER?
:'D =
(WATCH IT, HIKO.
FIXING CAN COME IN A PM.
AND LASTLY, NO MODDING TODAY. Just found out that I have an after school class today, so modding will come tomorrow.
Hiko, I warn you, these posts roughly every 24 hours that, of course, aren't bumps are not very thinkly veiled. Don't push it. This is simply a verbal warning. The next one will be a second in your rising count.)
= 50-hour bump or something. =
(*Thumbs up*
Even 25 hours would have been okay, but the "18 hours and then post" method was getting old. Now, for your bosses... *checks the list*
Oh, god. This is going to take forever.)

As most of the civilians heal their wounds with energypacks, Hacker merely uses a minienergypack and continues on. He doesn't even say a word, simply moving forward with the rest of them as if nothing had happened. Remus looks to be barely restraining himself from charging at the navi responsible for his team's injuries, but he manages to hold himself back.
After continuing on for a few minutes, the small party finds a single navi under attack. Viruses are everywhere, charging several Rockcubes that had formed a makeshift barrier around the navi, but it was apparent that she wouldn't last long as it was. As the attack continued, a roar sounded from the back of the enemy lines. Turning, the group saw a massive beast, that could have been a navi once upon a time. Strange muscled appendages sprouted from its back, and the armor covering its body was as black as night.
It seemed that the sides were clear. And the Netpolice needed their help! Remus and Hacker both prepared battlechip, a massive glitched vulcan being Hacker's weapon of choice, and Remus' sword. The civillians pull out weapons of meager power, ranging from Cannons to Rageclaws, but their healed states allow them to be of some use in the upcoming battle.

????: 700 HP <Behind the Viruses>

Metool: 40 HP
Markcannon: 60 HP
DBLCUBE: 200 HP
Lark: 100 HP
Shrimpy: 100 HP
Firephoenix: 110 HP
Gaia: 100 HP
Trumpy: 60 HP
Misty: 200 HP
Whomper: 130 HP
Ronin: 150 HP
Will O' the Wisp: 100 HP
ENGball: 100 HP
BillyEX: 120 HP
DharmaEX: 130 HP

Netpolice Navi: 600 HP
RockcubeA: 130 HP
RockcubeB: 200 HP
RockcubeC: 170 HP
RockcubeD: 50 HP
RockcubeE: 100 HP

Remus: 250 HP
Civilian A: 100 HP
Civilian B: 100 HP
Hacker: 120 HP
Civilian D: 100 HP

Zephyr: 95 HP
Rass: 110 HP

-EPIC BATTLE 3!-
-FIGHT!-
Zephyr simply stopped completely as his jaw fell open silently. Soaking up the horde of enemies that he was supposed to defeat, he started to count. Let's see! he cried, pointing to each of his enemies in turn, obviously thinking hard.

FIFTEEN OF THEM! EIGHT OF US! PLUS ANOTHER ... THING THAT'S MOST LIKELY HOSTILE! he announced comically, still in minor shock at the sheer number and strength of his adversaries. Got any bright ideas, Kure?

Shotgun... was all that he offered, simply slotting in the chip and hastily doing math, trying to figure out the odds.

Riiiiight... muttered Zephyr, sulkily watching as the paltry-seeming firearm attached itself from raw data to his arm instantaneously. He moved back to his allies, taking a deep breath. Well... now that we've got a small ARMY on our side... asserted Zephyr, as he started to crack up.

=-=

TIME TO TAKE MY ROLE AS COMMANDER! he joked, turning to the Civilians hesitantly. Go for the Met and the other weaker virii if you like, he suggested, pointing out the lesser enemies among the crowd. Remus, Rass, and I will take out the stronger ones if we can. Oh, and Hacker- he called out, turning to him- Don't hit us this time, alright?

Uh... just to say something here... Here are the numbers. 2,400 for them, from what I can see... and for us... 1,475. Not exactly fair, but if we play our cards right... said Kure hesitantly.

Well, leave out the... thing... for now, and we're only some 225 down or something like that. We should just whittle down the virii and use whatever advantage of surprise that we have.

Right. Well... he suddenly stopped short as his eyes lit up. BE RIGHT BACK! he cried, before going private with the Navi under assault in her sea of RockCubes.

=-=

This is Kure Notara. I am a friend, as well as the party of approaching navis. We carry a few helping civilians, two strong NetNavis, and a NetPolice commandant. We will help you, but for now, at least distract the virii you've amassed in front of you so we can hit you from behind. Thank you.

I just gave her the situation, Kure said to the group of allies that had formed around the virii that had formed around the RockCubes that had formed around the NetPolice Navi. Nodding, Zephyr turned to Remus and Rass.

Use a long-range chip to take them out from here-preferably something with a good lot of splash. We've got to do as much damage as we can before they really get angry at us, he plotted out, hefting his own Shotgun up. Taking careful aim at the Markcannon that was near him, he looked carefully through the sights, noticing that a Trumpy was almost parallel to it. Lining the Shotgun's sights up with the two virii he intended to hit, he held his breath. Slowly putting pressure on the extremely sensitive internal trigger, he waited until he had the circle aligned with the bulk of the Markcannon. Letting his finger squeeze more strongly, the weapon suddenly blasted backwards, a deep green bolt of energy speeding towards the targeted enemy. Standing back with some satisfaction, he turned again to his stronger allies. And... be careful.

Hey... Rass... I'd appreciate it if you could heal Zephyr if and when he gets hurt. You're pretty much the only one here with the power. You also may want to help yourself out... this is going to be tough... suggested Kure privately to Rass, and perhaps Suien if he happened to listen in.

Haw haw haw. Where'd these virii come from, anyways...?

=-=-=

Zephyr.EXE
HP: 95
1. Shotgun > Markcannon, Splash > Trumpy [50, splash]
2-3. Dodge

= PA, you have a knack for epic. xD =
((Rass has 100 HP))

As his comrades all withdrew their weapons and prepared to join the battle, Rass held back momentarily, not entirely sure what to make of the situation. Squinting his eyes as he sought to look past the deluge of viruses that lay arrayed in front of him, the fusion navi gulped and tapped his helmet, establishing a communications uplink with his Operator. "H...Hey, Suien? Are y-you reading this like I am?" he asked, taking a nervous step forward and entering a crouch, "I'm looking at a whole mess of viruses that seem to be protecting a... a something. I can't really m-make out what it is though."

Outside, Suien's fingers flew over the keyboard, his morning coffee all but forgotten. Lines of code flew upwards on the bottom screen of his PET, but none of the data seemed to make sense. Frowning as a series of error messages displayed themselves on the tiny monitor, he shook his head and opened his ever-growing folder of battlechips. "I can't seem to get anything more than a point-scan tracing on it, Rass. Initial analysis shows a structural capacity of approximately seven-hundred points, which isn't anything we haven't faced before," he said, choosing three battlechips from the folder, "On the other hand, the potential damage output of that group of viruses could turn out to be a lot more dangerous than what they're protecting." Twirling the Shotgun battlechip quickly around his fingers before slotting it in neatly through the side receptacle, he continued. "Until we get a good grasp on what we're dealing with, I think it's a safe move to thin out the viral forces a bit," he said, "but BE CAREFUL! If all of them strike at once, we're going to be in trouble."

-*-

Rass gulped again, but nodded in affirmation. As the familiar surge of shotgun energy built up within his palmbuster units, the pink navi took one final, hesitant look at the imposing figure behind the viruses before rushing forward to join his newfound comrades. Sliding up alongside Zephyr, Rass listened intently as his self-proclaimed commander started giving out instructions to the civilians...

...!

"Civilians? You're g-getting the c-civilians involved in a conflict like this?!" asked Rass incredulously, turning to Zephyr with a look of shock, "I th-thought we w-weren't going to start getting innocents involved in NetPolice conflicts! Wh-What are you doing, telling them to start attacking?! They'll be k-k-killed! You c-can't do that!" The fusion navi waved his arms futilely, attempting to emphasize his point, but only serving to make him look less threatening than the civilian NetNavis Zephyr had just commanded.

Oh come now Rass. It's not like YOU'RE much of a team player in the first place! replied Tem dryly, materializing into a patch of blue on Rass' left shoulder, Letting Mass loose earlier almost cost those civilians their lives. Do you really believe yourself to be in any place to pass judgment on your ally's decision? I daresay not.

N...Now Tem, don't you think that's a little harsh? replied Argo, swirling into a patch of green on Rass' right side, Rasshole knew he wasn't strong enough to handle that situation on his own, right? That's why he decided to use MeleeMan's ass-kicking mode in the first place. It's not like he meant for those other two NetPolice folks to go down.

And that is precisely my point, Argo. Tem shot back, Rass doesn't THINK, he just DOES! In a situation like this, we have to depend on someone who actually CAN make decisions!

Rass felt his innards sink at Tem's words, but the feeling turned out to be Ishamel rushing to his front and materializing a single yellow eye in the center of his belly. CORE SYSTEM! BATTLECHIP DATA HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOADED! SYSTEM RESOURCES ARE FULLY RESTORED! DATA SCANS ON OPPOSING VIRAL ENTITIES COMPLETE! shouted the targeting subsystem, QUERY: THERE EXISTS NO PURPOSE BEHIND THIS WASTEFUL BANTER! EXECUTE THE BATTLE ROUTINE!

Rass hesitated, but nodded his head furiously. "Y... Yeah... I've got it under c-control." he said finally, charging over toward the female Netpolice Navi that was pinned behind a bunch of rockcubes and throwing both arms forward toward the central obstacle. Instantly, a single coil of black energy shot forth, crashing into the Rockcube and warping it into an entirely different form. As the compressed obstacle slammed into his viscous body, it took the form of a grayscale chestplate that was, to be fair, a lot heavier than it looked. No sooner had the armor become integrated into his system, the fusion navi felt its full weight on his body. Blushing slightly as he sidled up alongside the... admittedly fairly attractive NetPolice Leader, he waved awkwardly as he struggled to stay on his two feet. "Ah... uh... sorry about that," he muttered, placing his hand on her shoulder for a moment as he lost his balance, "I'll just... um... here, let me just replace those..." Rass trailed off as his body released two bursts of kinetic force, designed to move the rockcubes into a more defensible position. Rass could practically feel Tem sigh with exasperation as he awkwardly waved to the navi again, despite having blocked her view with a collection of stone blocks.

Oh come ON, as though you have a chance with her. she said curtly.

Rass sighed and clamored forward, his agility seriously hampered by the new weight of the Fusion Armor. Lunging forward at the last instant, he entered an awkward roll, thrusting his arms forward toward the Whomper and sending a burst of explosive ammunition toward the viral opponent. Zephyr' s a wood type, right? That means that... that fire is that danger here, right? I'd better get on that... he thought as he struggled to his feet. Before he fully regained his balance, however, he felt a surge of data play through his right arm. Argo, having activated the 3L3M system, materialized the metallic boomerang battlechip and had already begun calculating a flight path. Gasping for air, Rass dashed to the side, whirling around and sending the curved projectile in a wide arc. The boomerang hummed as it spun away from him, and Rass keeled over from exhaustion, his hands placed on his knees in an effort to support his newfound mass.

Come ON, Rasshole! You've got to keep going! shouted Argo, pulling one of Rass' arms up from his knees and initializing the widesword battlechip into his left hand, Your system resources haven't even reached their fifty-percent mark! Buck up and pile on the ass-whooping!

"Oh, and I d-don't see you having to deal with *wearing* a giant rockcube, Argo!" countered Rass as he charged toward another trio of viruses, arm crossed in front of his chest and the tip of the blade dragging along the network. With great effort, he brought the luminous sword around in a brilliant arc designed to bisect yet another group of viruses.

We share a body, Rasshole! shouted an irate Argo, You're just a pansy!

Without confirming the hit, stopping to take a breath, or bothering to reply to Argo, Rass pressed off of the ground with all his might, holding the Widesword aloft behind his head. With a mighty heave, he spun himself forward, bringing the sword around vertically as gravity did its work for him. The whirling maneuver carried all the way into the ground where Rass landed heavily, clearly exhausted from the degree of the onslaught...

...and that's when he realized his location — in the middle of a viral horde and facing the mysterious figure.

Though his brain told him that the best course of action would be to strike at the unknown entity with the remainder of his system resources, Rass paused, slowly rising to his feet and lowering his widesword to a less-threatening position. "Wh...Who are you?!" he stammered, planting his feet into the ground and gesturing with his right hand, "Are you okay? Can we do anything to help?"

Fusionist Protoplasm: Regen to Zephyr (5HP recovered per action)
1: Fusion Armor — RockcubeB (Move Rockcube onto self, Self Slow)
Fusionist Physics: Use knockbacks to rearrange 2 other Rockcubes as to not compromise NetPolice Navi's defense.
2: Shotgun (50) to Whomper, Splash to Firephoenix
3: Boomerang (60, 120 to DBLCube and BillyEX) to Gaia, DBLCube , BillyEX
4: Widesword (80) to Gaia, Shrimpy, DBLCube
5: Widesword (80) to Firephoenix, Lark, Shrimpy
6: Call for a surrender, inquire as to ????'s identity
= Don't get angry, PA, but I'm bumping because I'm leaving for Florida in two days and I wanna post before then.
Sky, hopefully it'll go like this from here...
PA
Me
You
PA
You
and I'll post when I get back... >.> =
(Don't be sorry. A bump was warranted, being after 24 hours.
But also, Hiko, the "knack for epic" is not at the flick of a switch. This post seemed REAL forced to me, as I was writing it. Hope it doesn't seem like it.)

Zephyr takes command of the civilian navis, guiding them all to fire at the Metool, which is deleted with a small "meep!" Another shot goes wide, hitting the Markcannon, and deleting it with Zephyr's help. Emboldened by their small victory, they begin to talk amongst themselves.
So are we, like, Netpolice navis now? The first remarked, turning to the other two allies, and excluding Hacker and Remus.
I dunno... maybe? The second replied, and looked to the third for an answer.
Well, if we're going to be in the Netpolice, we need a name... The third mused, scratching his head with a rageclaw, before trying in vain to snap his fingers with the oversized paw. That's it! I heard a word that sounded police-ish a while back, so we can use it here! From now on, we'll be known as the unstoppable FODDER FORCE! At this declaration, Remus groaned and Hacker facepalmed, both knowing better than to try and talk to the incompetent "team."
Rass, meanwhile, was helping the lone Netpolice commander. Finally able to see who they're helping with the disappearance of the Rockcube Rass had just absorbed, the navi is decidedly female, wearing a white nurse's uniform and carrying a clipboard. Her forest green hair is matted with dust, but her like-colored eyes are bright and hopeful with the appearance of new allies. At Rass' change of her fort, she gasped at the break in her defenses and fired off several shots at random into the virus crowd, which took the form of diamond daggers before striking the Lark and deleting it. Looking at Rass with concern as he loaded the Rockcube into "mobile" armor, she only said a said a small "Thank you." before Rass sealed off the structure to the viruses once more and she turned to the allies.
Uhm... my name is Diamond, and I suppose you're all here to help. I'll heal you all as best I can, I guess... I mean, if that's alright, nobody wants me to do anything else? She started to become nervous, and took a few deep breaths before walking up to the team and taking her place among the back of the ranks.
It was then that Rass began his charge, the leader of the new fodder force, Hacker, and Remus all running with him. He tears through the viruses, but his attacks seem slowed. No surprise, considering the rock on his chest. Suddenly, he feels a push from behind, and is surprised to feel a strong current of air propelling him along, coming from the fodder commander.
Fodder Wind, at your service! He saluted clumsily, but then pushed Rass forward towards his targets. The dual strike deletes many, and wounds others.
Remus looses a slash at the Ronin, who attempts to retaliate but misses the nimble navi. Hacker aims his... vulcan...? at a virus like a ball of energy, and pulls the trigger. Nothing happens, and he bends on one knee to examine the weapon more closely on the ground. Just in time, as a Rockcube from Diamond's fort comes sailing over his head and crashes into one of the viruses. A puppet-like virus, on a string descending from god-knows-where above their heads, chose that moment to blow ice into the faces of all the combatants attacking the main force, dealing medium damage to all four of them, excluding Rass, whose armor took the blow for him. Diamond let out a small gasp as Fodder Wind flew backwards, and sent a small burst of charged healing energy at him.
As Rass calls out to the leader of the viruses, the mutated mass turns to look at who could be bold enough to address him. And from the closer vantage point, there could be no denying that this beast had once been a run of the mill navi, before something had happened. Opening its mouth, a guttural voice is heard.
YOU MAY CALL ME 326J. PREPARE TO DIE. Three of the arms on his back then shot out, stretching to unreal lengths, punching him in his rockcube chest plate twice before grabbing him and tossing him into the air. The landing crack his armor further, but he suffers no injury. Surprising, all considered.
The Trumpy prepares to play, and the Whomper retreats to the sky.

326J: 700 HP <Behind the Viruses>

Metool: DELETED
Markcannon: DELETED
DBLCUBE: DELETED
Lark: DELETED
Shrimpy: DELETED
Firephoenix: DELETED
Gaia: 40 HP
Trumpy: 10 HP <Inhale>
Misty: 200 HP
Whomper: 80 HP <In the sky>
Ronin: 70 HP
Will O' the Wisp: 100 HP
ENGball: ROCKCUBE 'SPLODED
BillyEX: DELETED
DharmaEX: 130 HP

Diamond.exe: 600 HP
RockcubeA: 130 HP
RockcubeB: 60 HP <FUSION ARMOR>
RockcubeC: 170 HP
RockcubeD: 50 HP
RockcubeE: KERSPLODE

Remus: 210 HP
Hacker: 80 HP
Fodder Force "Wind": 96 HP <Cannon>
Fodder Force "Cursor": 100 HP <Cannon>
Fodder Force "Claw": 100 HP <Rageclaw>

Zephyr: 100 HP
Rass: 100 HP <Fusion Armor (RockcubeB)>
= Nah, PA, it's still pretty awesome...
:thumbsup:
Oh, and I'm having Zephyr call the FF the Fodder Farce because it's funny. =

=-=-=

This is... this is... wow... Zephyr muttered, watching the battle scene with astonishment. Nothing short of epic, surely...

Yeah, we'll have time to look at that later, admonished Kure, slotting in a cannon without bothering to ask.

Hey! At least wait a bit! exclaimed Zephyr, unhappily peering down at the firearm welding itself to his arm. I really, really hate it when you do that, he grumbled, jerking his head sulkily away from his newfound weapon.

It gets you moving, laughed Kure, grinning widely.

Very funny.

=-=-=

Zephyr walked over to the FF casually, nodding mock-approvingly. So, Fodder Farce, I see you've... named yourself... aptly... he said, looking the militant civilians up and down with a small smile. Just... continue your good work, I guess... we're most likely just going to take The Incredible Bulk out somewhere near the end, so just watch out for him and delete the virii first. If we all focus our attacks on him last and don't have the little ones bugging us while we're doing so, it'll be easier, he planned out (again), before moving to Hacker and Remus. Same goes for you two. Be extra-careful... and, well. Yeah. Also, Hacker, do your best to take out that Trumpy, kay? He doesn't look so fun... Moving his attention to the bulked-up Rass, he grinned at the clumsy sight. Way to use your surroundings to your advantage... I guess... he laughed, before nodding to the virii.

Seven viruses, one Big Baddie. I think we should go for the virii first, and save ourselves some trouble; hopefully Hacker or Remus will take out the Trumpy, but in case they don't, aim a buster attack or something its way. Watch out for the airborne Whomper, and... that's really about it. And, uh, I think you know, but stay away from The Incredible Bulk, said Zephyr, hefting the Cannon readily.

Oh, and Diamond, just ... heal the injured, I suppose. Rass needs it a lot, considering he's our juggernaut. Thanks for helping out, and we're glad to do the same for you, he addressed her formally, not wanting to anger a... rather strong (potential) enemy.

=-=-=

Suien! You and Rass are easily the most important and powerful here. I want you to make sure Rass doesn't die, and to keep Zephyr along for the longest. He's playing commander here, and doing a bit of a good job, so far... but it won't last long. You'll need to start implementing your own strategies, because I think Zephyr's got none except 'attack this' considering we have all of five chips, said Kure privately to the other NetOp, not really wanting Zephyr to hear. It's -going- to get nasty. I can just... feel it...

=-=-=

Aiming the Cannon carefully at one of his enemies, Zephyr closed one eye, squinting straight into the paltry x2 sights that the basic Cannon was equipped with. Panning back and forth, he spotted a Gaia that had apparently been damaged beforehand and had just enough health left for a one-hit KO. Locking his arm into place, and holding his breath, he waited until the virus was in exactly the right place for a shot, applying minimal pressure to the trigger. Once he was satisfied, he slowly applied more pressure as his view quavered a bit from side to side. As it passed back and forth over his target, he suddenly tightened up and applied a minute amount of energy to the light trigger, letting it blast his arm out of its comfortable position. Sighing, as the weapon dispersed into data again, he sat back a bit, looking satisfied.

I need a REAL sniper. he muttered wistfully, before looking around himself cautiously, not wanting to be hit by the winding-up Whomper or Trumpy. Especially not the Incredible Bulk.

=-=-=

Zephyr.EXE
HP: 100
1. Cannon > Gaia [40]
2-3. Dodge

=-=-=

= I like separating things with '=-=-='. Sky, PA, I'm off for a week, so get those 2 (Sky) and 1 (PA) posts you guys have left done before I get back, kay?
Thanks in advance. I do hope my writing is getting better, even if my character's newness restricts what I can do. =
= I think I hate you, Sky.
D: =
((mmm... post saved. I'm quite sorry for the delay, but you're not the only one with RL conditions that are keeping you from posting. Hate me though you may, I can't schedule my life around this battle.

On that note, apologies to PA. I didn't want to tip my hand this early, but it looks like there's no avoiding it now... post will come later tonight.))

(Sky, don't even worry about it. I've got school to deal with, so I'll be on less, too. But at least once daily, so DON'T WORRY, HIKO. YOU'LL BE MODDED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF COMPLETED POSTS.
That is all.)
Fodder Force? What the hell kind of name is Fodder Force? scowled Argo, watching the civilians assemble from Rass' back, Sounds like a pretty lame version of... er.... lameness.

"Hey, I like the name," protested Suien, "Wasn't that the name of that superhero team from a few years back? They were kind of lame in the first season, but their role in 'No Future' was looking to be really well developed." The dark-haired netOp smiled and shook his head, clearly reminiscing about something or another. "It's a pity that the writer for that show lost interest — I thought it was going really well."

Now is clearly not the time for such frivolous concerns, Suien, scolded Tem, Perhaps you should pay attention to what *your own* navi is doing!

Suien looked confused for a moment, then glanced at the battlefield display on the bottom screen. Panicking as he saw the pink icon slowly march toward the unidentified navi signature, he opened up a communications window, his face appearing on a screen near Rass' helmeted head. "Rass! NO! Where do you think you're going?" he demanded, eyes widening in shock, "He tried to kill you back there! You can't possibly be considering..."

-*-

Rass ignored his NetOp's voice, tentatively lowering his Widesword as he slowly approached the mutated mass. As he moved forward, Rass felt his systems rebooting, accommodating for the rockcube fusion armor and giving him the mobility that he had momentarily lost. Continuing his approach with a nervous yet purposeful stride, the fusion navi gulped, touching his damaged Rockcube chestplate with his protoplasmic fingers. "You... you used to be a navi, didn't you?" he said finally, addressing 326J with a tentative tone of voice, "Something must have happened to you, right? You weren't created that way, were you?" Taking another step closer, Rass shut out his NetOp's protests and continued talking, "I... I know how it is, you know," he said, allowing his luminous Widesword to drop to his side, "I mean... I have a netOp and all, but you... you're not so different from me."

Rass, what are you talking about? He's a freak of nature! Those viruses are protecting him, and you know what THAT means, right?

AFFIRMATIVE, CORE SYSTEM! THERE EXISTS A 97% PROBABILITY THAT THE FEELING YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IS FLAWED! THE LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION IS TO ELIMINATE THE VIRAL THREAT!

Rass ignored his subsystems, instead taking one more step closer to the monstrous navi that had attacked him earlier. "I... I don't know what happened to you," he said, speaking slowly and taking care not to stammer, "But... I... don't think that you're my enemy. Not yet, anyways." Biting his lower lip, Rass stared at the massive navi for a few moments longer, nodded curtly, and took off, Widesword blazing...

...back toward the NetPolice!

Dodging and diving back the way he came, he tore back toward the self-proclaimed "Fodder Force" with renewed vim and vigor. In a single elegant move, the fusion navi pressed off of the ground, attempting to flip over the heads of the civilian netnavis and landing in a nearby crouched position. Though all three subsystems were, by now, screaming through his brain, Rass clenched his teeth and pivoted on his back foot, bringing the brilliant blade backwards across his body and seeking to slice the three would-be NetPolice neatly across the middle. Skidding backward by the momentum of the cut, the fusion navi quickly regained his footing, firing off a pair of kinetic energy bursts toward two members of the force. "Get out of here," he shouted, as coldly as his voice module would allow, "You guys are way out of your league, and I don't want to see any of you deleted needlessly. I... I don't want to fight against you and the NetPolice, but fighting against that thi... that other navi over there is something that I cannot do." As though to emphasize his point, Rass brought the Widesword around once more, its luminous glaring point shining as it swept around in a deadly arc. "I c-can delete any of you at any p-p-point I see fit! C-Consider this your final warning — go now, or you will be d-deleted," he said, narrowing his pinkish eyes to a pair of deadly-looking slits.

Turning once more to the ever-dwindling mob of viruses, Rass bolted forward, sliding along the ground at a quick rate. He felt an uncomfortable jolt of energy surge up his arm as his Widesword struggled to maintain its charged output, its generator not configured for continuous use. As the weapon's normally-tranquil hum entered a fierce crescendo, Rass dove to the side, whirling around in a dangerous dervish of destructive force, tracing intricate patterns into the air with the brightly shining tip of the blade. With a mighty heave, Rass brought the Widesword around one final time, disengaging the smoldering battlechip and leaving him heaving, the acrid smell of ozone wafting up from the ruined weapon.

-*-

Suien, Rass is completely out of control! He's shut down our internal communications link and isn't responding to our motions! shrieked Tem, You need to perform a manual override function to put somebody else in charge!

"Tem, I know the only reason you're suggesting that is because you just want the system admin..." began Suien, frowning as he watched the battle unfold on his screen.

This isn't about the system administrator position! Put Ishamel in charge or... hell, even Argo! We can't have Rass just blindly attacking like this! It's suicide!

I... I dunno Tem, muttered Argo, That 3Jwhatever guy is kinda like us, you know? Weird fusion of a bunch of different things... that makes us like family, doesn't it?

Argo, that is without a doubt the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Just think of what you're saying! Who cares if that opponent were another Rass — the point of the matter is that he's consorting with viruses! He's diametrically opposed to everything that we, as citizens of the network, are striving to protect! He's a threat to ordered society! He's a... a monster!

I know that! Hell, even Rasshole's smart enough to know that! I just can't shake the feeling that this ain't a fair fight, you know? What we have here's a bunch of army types picking on someone just because he's different — what if it were us, you know? We're pretty monstrous ourselves, with the four of us stuck together in this goddamn protoplasmic body. Argo paused, his thought processors overclocking themselves to complete the argument, I'm just sayin' - what if it were us on the other side there?

Suien nodded slowly, tapping his finger on the counter as he listened to Tem and Argo continue to bicker. I suppose I can't really hold it against Rass, he thought, biting his lower lip with worry, I mean sure, this action is most definitely highly illegal, but... if he's fighting for what he believes in and is going after what he wants, who am I to say that's wrong? After all, isn't at least a small part of life going and getting the thing you want most, regardless of how stupid, senseless, and illegal it may be?

For an instant, Suien's thoughts turned to Rania. The dark-haired netOp blushed, sighed, and leaned his head against the palm of his hand in defeat.

-*-

Rass, meanwhile, had take the opportunity to place himself in the center of the viruses. Crossing his arms in front of his lithe body, the fusion navi began charging the composition routines of the newly-arrived Discord battlechip, its data coursing through his arms like wildfire. In a single sharp motion, he slammed both palms into the ground, sending a small shockwave outwards and summoning the familiar silver tuby to the field. The musical virus reared back and began playing its discordant tune, shrieking loudly in piercing tones and directing the remaining viruses and Netpolice agents to further the chaos of the battle. Wincing slightly at the painful tones of his summoned object, Rass dodged to the side and pointed up at 326J.

"I... I can try to help you," he said quickly, "I... I know what it's like to b-be considered a weirdo m-monster freak, so I can understand where you're... coming from." Rass pressed his fingers together nervously before continuing, his eyes watching for signs of any oncoming attacks. "But... I have one request to make for you... s-something like a condition of our partnership. Please... spare the civilians and that green navi over there. They are not involved with this."

Fusionist Protoplasm — Recover 5 HP per action to self
1: Tactical Move, flip above Fodder Force
2: Widesword (80) Fodder Force "Wind", "Cursor," and "Claw"
Fusionist Physics — Knockback Fodder Force Wind and Claw in an effort to scare them
3: Use Widesword to threaten Fodder Force, insist that Fodder Force retreat
4: Widesword (80) Ronin, Trumpy, Misty
5: Discord — Summon 100 HP Tuby, Confuse to Viruses/Remus
6: Ask 326J to not attack Fodder Force and Zephyr.EXE/Autododge
(Hey, guys. Just realized that both Crystal and Remus were green text, so I changed Crystal to blue and Fodder Cursor to brown.

Zephyr gives out orders, kicks... er... well, not much. The Gaia's deleted, though. And as Rass talked to the enemy, the Fodder Force looked on with admiration, that a navi on their team would have the guts to simply go up to a creature like 326J. This admiration quickly disappeared as they were all slashed to near deletion, and left huddled on the ground in a damaged mass. But as he threatened them, they all shook their heads in unison.
You can threaten us, you can be more powerful than us. But when it comes down to it, we can't just retreat. Wind remarked, trying to sit up with an extreme effort, eventually settling for propping himself up on his arms. His cannon arm dematerialized.
Even if we're damaged, we'll still fight until we're forced to Emergency Jack Out! Cursor followed suit, getting rid of the weapon.
We're going to help in any way we can! Claw finished, actually managing to rise to one knee. Remus was unaware of what had just happened, having charged forward and severely weakened the Misty, but Hacker had seen it. Angered, he pulled out the glitched Vulcan once more, but instead of a rockcube flying at Rass, the Dharma flew through the air and cracked the armor even more, taking some damage in the process. (40) Then, pulling three chips out of his multitudes of pockets, Hacker raised them up into the air.
Don't fear, allies! I have here exactly what you need!
Squinting at the small chips, Wind finally spoke.
We need Recov10's?
Hacker just shook his head, and threw the chips at the three. Bracing themselves for the inevitable mistake of Hacker's chips, they recoiled as the chips connected and... healed them fully? They looked at themselves, running quick system checks. It was true. No ill effects of Hacker's chips could be seen, or detected! It had worked! Cursor stepped forward.
Alright, guys! Let's show them the power of the Fodder Force!
Claw and Wind summoned copies of their old weapons, but Cursor pulled out an M-Cannon chip, which the others looked at with wonder. Taking careful aim, a targeting reticule appeared on the Dharma, which Wind took aim at as well. With a duo of blasts, the enemy was dispatched, and the field was almost bare once more, save for the navis. The cannons used, they faded away, leaving only Claw to attack. Claw chose to charge at Rass, slashing at his armor twice. Rass nimbly sidestepped the first slash, but the second one shattered what was left of the Rockcube armor.
Take that!
Then, retreating, the force took refuge behind the Rockcube barrier, from which Diamond looked out, only to see the lack of enemies.
Oh! Now's my chance! She remarked, before tossing some fragments of what appeared to be crystal on the ground, which quickly grew into a large mass of sharpened crystal spears. Raising her hands to the sky, she glanced at Rass, before shaking her head and turning her full attention on the remaining viruses. Crystal Condemnation! With this cry, the spears rose from the ground, disappearing far into the sky before raining back down on the Will 'O The Wisp, and the Whomper. The enemies had no chance, under the assault.
As Rass charged at the viruses, a roar was heard from behind him.
NO!
But it was too late. The enemies disappeared, leaving only a roar of anguish from 326J, and a feral stare at Rass.
NO HELP! I... DELETE ALL! SPARE... NONE! YOU... DIE! He roared, shooting out an arm at Rass, which grabbed the newly materialized Discord chip by mistake. Whipping it back and smashing it against the ground, 326J had not yet noticed the switch. Leaping into the air, he brought his arms together, and came down upon the chip with a massive blow, deleting it. 326J appeared tired, after this attack, and tried to create some form of data capsule in his hand, but didn't have enough energy. Trying again, something began to form, but it would be a moment before it was created. The Fodders were huddling in fear behind the barrier, Diamond was exhausted from her attack, and Remus still didn't know of the betrayal. Hacker and Zephyr were the only two left... what would they do? Hacker turned to Zephyr, beginning to speak. Maybe he had an idea!
Be careful. Those were my most powerful experimental healing chips. I don't think I have any left, now...
Maybe not. Plus, it looks like 326J finished forming his... whatever they were. Throwing into the air, he roared out another command. Talkative, for him.
COME FORTH!
...Come forth? The navis wondered what he could have meant, but it soon became blindingly clear as viruses began to emerge from the capsules. He was the source of the viruses! A bunch of powerful enemies crash to the ground, but a particularly nasty looking cube crashes to the ground, suffering severe damage. 200 DAMAGE? That should delete it, right? Checking the HP count, the allies find that it's still at 300 HP. Despair runs through the crowd of ragtag heroes. Remus can't help making a comment.
...He can keep summoning them? Oh, damn...

326J: 700 HP <Behind the Viruses>
VirusCapsuleGroup1: DELETED

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP
CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP
Markcannon: 60 HP
Lark: 100 HP
Shrimpy: 100 HP
SpikeyEX: 140 HP
ChampuA: 60 HP