Vacation

"Well, now to find some normal food, I guess." sighed Wes, "There's gotta be one place here that serves burgers. Now that I think about it, I came here for a change of scenery, not change of taste." He walked about, finally finding the food he needed. Ordering some quick, he took it and sat down at a pinic table nearby. He then began gulping the entire meal down at an alarming rate. The best part was, without his navi around, he didn't have to listen about how bad it was to eat that fast.
Majin Wes finished eating and began wandering around again. Maybe now would be a good time to take a nap. That notion was quickly forgotten as his PET began to beep. As quickly pulled it out, activating the screen, "Something wrong? Viruses perhaps?"

"Naw, got no clue what this is." Soulman said, "Some crazy party going on and then suddenly navies started dropping. I wonder if they put something in the food..."

"Baka! What did I tell you about free food?" Wes chided.

"Yeah, well if they had charged me 500 zenny for it, it would have been safe?" growled Soulman, "Anyway, I didn't eat any. Just prepare to back me up on this."

"Right." Wes nodded, "Prepping battle chips now."
Leon had finished his tea, and being the addict that he was, got up and walked back over to the store to buy another. He had left his PET sitting on the bench a few feet away, keeping his eye on it to make sure that no one touched it.

He walked back, this time with a spiffy Tazo Chai slushie of sorts. He took a few sips, letting the coolness take away the heat that was building up from being in the sun. He turned and looked at his PET, only to see Ayumi with her weapon drawn and the area she was in engulfed in chaos.

"Crap, looks like I missed something," he said, picking the PET up. He asked Ayumi what had happened, and she gave him a cliffnotes version to catch him up. "Ah, so that's it. Well, I'm back, so I suppose that whenever something breaks out I'll be ready to back you up."
Leon looked up from the PET while Ayumi sat down in Yoka. He quickly scanned the area to see if anything interesting was going on, and noticed that the guy he had talked to earlier seemed to be doing something. Leon also noted that he had a PET.

"I wonder if that guy had something to do with this... he sure wasn't very outgoing earlier... very suspicious..." Leon said, rubbing his stubbled chin as if her were some comical detective. "Maybe I'll go see what he knows..."

Leon grabbed his PET and walked towards the man from earlier. He placed his hands, along with his PET, into the front pocket on his hoodie as he drew near to the suspicious character. "So, I couldn't help but notice that you've got a PET, and that you seemed pretty into whatever you were doing earlier." He paused for a second, taking a breath and narrowing his eyes. "I don't suppose you're part of the group that's behind the incident at the new NetSquare, huh?

Leon cocked his head to the left, cracking his neck as he did so. "Of course, if you're not, you have nothing to worry about." Leon wasn't a very strong fighter, but he was big enough that his size and some good bluffing could usually dissuade people from coming at him, and since he wasn't sure how his suspect would react he figured he needed to take some precautionary measures. He rolled his shoulders, stretching them out a bit as he did. "But if you are... then you should probably just give up while you're ahead."
"My navi went there without telling me. He contacted me after weird stuff started happening. Now I have to help him with whatever's going on. Somehing about someone stealing something and needing to protect someone." Majin Wes shrugged, "I just slot in chips."
"Heh. You're navi runs off on their own too huh?" Leon chuckled a bit to himself. "He'd probably get along great with mine." Leon turned and walked back to where he had been previously sitting. "No hard feelings, eh? Just had to check, ya know."
Wes stared intently at his PET screen. He listened closely to the battle. Oddly enough, he felt like he was hearing the noises sound off simultaneous nearby. Was that guy's navi in the same battle he was?

"Hey, uh... you. You fighting those heelnavis in Yoka?" not waiting for a complete response, he went on, "Can you do me a favor? Have your navi wedgie the back-up navi and then shove him at the female."
Leon raised an eyebrow towards the young man. "Hmm, so he's operating one of the navi's in the battle with Ayumi, huh? I wonder which is his..." Leon thought to himself. "Wedgie him? I think I can get her to do it..."

Leon looked down onto the PET screen, getting a quick view of the battle as he began to think of a plan...
Wes stood up as he retrieved his navi, "So, you're okay with this course of action?"

"Yeah. Its what brought them together, so I can't let it stay dead." Jr said, a sad smile on his face, "Its their legacy and that of your sensei. Let's go."

"The old base is in ACDC, right?" Wes said. He glanced at the man who he had spoke with earlier, before going towards the metro.

"Yeah. Its... been a while." Jr commented as they boarded.
Leon looked over to see the guy who seemed to be the operator of the baby navi from so many years ago get up and leave. "So... it was him afterall. I wonder how that guy ended up with Junior?"

Rather than sit and come up with all the possible reasons, he simply slouched down in the bench he was sitting on. "I guess we should head back home eventually. I don't much feel like doing anything right now though... so just... chill in the square for now..."

... Some time had passed, and both Leon and Illumina had decided it was best to jack out. Leon had sat in the sun for a while longer thinking about the day's events and talking some with Illumina. The hours had passed and the sun was setting, leaving the once bustling area with only a few stragglers.

"Well... I suppose we should head home. It's been a long day... and it's getting pretty late," Leon said, as he stood and stretched. He walked to the metro, waiting a few minutes for the next train. He stepped into an empty car, and rode to electown in silence.