Tourney Spectator Lounge

Once again called upon to speak, Zeo smiled uneasily and glanced down at his PET. "Well..." he wondered whether they would find it odd that his Navi was currently in a battle. They might find it even more odd if he described how the battle was going. Oh whatever, I'm probably just being paranoid, he thought.

"My Navi is just now...finishing off a battle with a presumably evil chain using Navi. I say presumably because I have no idea who the guy even is, but yeah..." Zeo rubbed the back of his head. "And a while before that, my Navi and I faced some farmer HeelNavis and a giant shredding machine," he added.

A second after saying that he realized it was probably weirder than the first part. "Um, I guess we haven't had the most normal time busting recently. On the bright side, we did pick up a cool chip for destroying that shredder..." He looked downward. Well, that was a great move... he berated himself mentally. "On top of that, my Navi will probably be returning soon, so you'll get to hear his abundance of smart remarks about my bad social skills." Laughing nervously, he brought his PET closer to his face to see what was going on inside. Zeo took a breath before continuing. "Sorry about that, it probably sounded really weird," he said to Rose and Aelieth. Understatement of the century, his mind remarked.
Rose was about to respond when the action in battle began to heat up. The final battle reached its climax.

As a result a silence fell over the lounge for a bit while, Rose at least, watched the end of the final match of the tournament they had all come to observe. And finally, it was over.

"Wow, that was. . ." Rose began, looking at the screens and replays available to her. "Well, it was a good fight." She said neutrally.

"And it looks like we all picked the winner. Nice guessing." She continued. She quickly linked her PeT back up to the chairs via Wifi and downloaded the remaining replay footage. "So, I guess that's it then, huh?" she asked, rhetorically. She was looking more for a response from the others than a answer to her question.
"No worries, Zeo," Aelieth said, an automatic response issuing from his mouth at the teen's apology for seemingly having 'bad social skills'. He was about to ask another question to keep the conversation going when the match reached it's final confrontation. Watching intently, he witnessed the final exchange of blows between the competitors before the statue in the middle of the arena declared the winner.

Responding to Rose's comment on the match, he nodded his head, adding: "Yeah, it was a pretty exciting finish to the tournament. I don't think we could've asked for a finish that down to the wire."

"Yeah... I guess so..." he responded to Roses last statement. "Still, it was fun... I-- hold on a sec..." His PeT's phone was ringing, which wasn't a normal occurrence. He excused himself for a moment, answered the call, then returned to the group. "Crap... I've gotta go. Just got a call reminding me of a major programming project that needs to be finished tonight... Sorry about cutting out so fast." he apologized to his two friends. "Rose, I'll send an email once I get mine fixed and we can work out something with an interview for the paper then if you want to, or if you ever want to hang out."

He began to shift towards the door. "Later guys." he said, waiting long enough for them to bid their goodbyes before heading out to the sudden mountain of work he found before him.
"Later, Aelieth," Zeo replied. He wondered if he'd ever see him again. And then there were two. What now? he asked himself. Start a new conversation? First he had to respond to Rose. "The end of the whole tournament, huh..." Zeo frowned. "I wonder if we could get in on the action next time, ViralMan." His arm raised, bringing his PET closer to his face. ViralMan appeared inside with his arms lightly crossed. "Maybe we'd have a chance. I don't know about getting into the finals though. There's some pretty tough competition, I see."

Zeo wasn't sure whether that was a shot at Red or a shot at Pianissimo.

"Oh come on, they were both spectacular. And they certainly didn't slack off in getting to the finals," Zeo defended the combatants. His Navi looked downward in thought. The boy turned to Rose. "I know it only took a little while, but that tournament seemed like it took forever. How long have you been watching it?" He glanced at the monitors, some of which had shut down. Oh well. "You think that we're supposed to leave or something? I don't want to get in trouble," Zeo added, eying the lounge's exit. "Then again, it's not like the Colosseum employs ushers or anything..."

He trailed off, curious as to what Rose intended to do.
"Bye Aelieth! Good Luck!" She called after the man who ran off. They seemed to run off a lot without waiting for goodbyes.

Rose thought back quickly to the tournament, but it was more of a reflective inward turning than an attempt at memory. "I've been here since the start." She said, listing off the fact without much intonation, "Which was a good deal earlier this morning."

And then she looked around the startlingly empty room. "You're right, Zeo, there's almost no one here." She thought for a moment before continuing, while reaching into her pocket. "We should probably go."

She had long since finished downloading and pulled her keys out of her pocket with the hand she had just shoved in the pocket. Darting her eyes from the keys to the boy, she decided to be nice. "Besides, he's just a kid. Hasn't shown any signs of insanity. As long as he doesn't live in like, NetFrica it's not much of an issue." She rationalized quickly.

"You need a ride home?" she offered, as she took a few steps to the door, but remained facing him.
"Huh? A ride home?" Zeo said, a little surprised. That was an offer he hadn't been expecting. Then again, his extra money for travel expenses was running a bit low. He turned to his Navi inside the PET. "Well, ViralMan? Any objections?" he asked. ViralMan shrugged. "She doesn't look like a homicidal maniac, and if you die I'll be just fine in here. Go for it." Zeo didn't seem amused as he looked up at Rose again and ran a hand through his hair for what seemed like the twentieth time that day.

Besides, she's what-my age? No sign that she's insane. And even getting part of the way back would help. It's not like I live in Netfrica... Zeo rationalized in his head. He finally focused on Rose. "Um, okay. Sure." The boy flipped his PET in his hand and slid it into his arm holster, turning it off in the progress. Looking around, he made sure he hadn't forgotten anything. Then again, he hadn't really brought anything. With one final glance around the room, he turned to the door.

In a slightly nervous voice, he said "I guess that's that," indicating the end of the tournament.
Rose looked at the PeT of her friend and raised an eyebrow at the comment he made. It was a very impolite thing to say. Aloud.

But seeing Zeo's embaressment and being the incredible person that she was, Rose decided to let that one slide. She led the way out of the room and looked over at Zeo. "That settles it then. My car's out in the parking lot; try to keep up." she said, with a smile and a quick giggle, as she started swiftly making her way out of the building, at what would be an uncomfortably fast pace to walk at, forcing the boy to either join in the fun and run after her, or lose her.

And with that she rounded the corner down the hall and headed out.

((OOC: Rose will drive Zeo home and they shall exchange contact information before he leaves her company))
And out the door Rose went. Zeo wondered whether someone would stop him for running in the halls. Then again, this wasn't school. But then again, school wasn't the only place you couldn't run. Something else to consider; a ride with a girl? He hoped that would be able to remain coherent on the way home. Hey, hold on a sec...would she have a pink car or something? He would probably feel awkward riding in a pink car. And maybe then...

Oh wait, he was supposed to be following Rose.

"W-wait! Right behind you!" he called out. Shaking his head almost violently to clear it, he took off through the door. His footsteps echoed through the hall as he practically sprinted to catch up to the girl.

((*agrees to the above OOC bit*))
((FXP Rewards:
Summ/DNR: 8
Splash/DNR: 12
Splash/Summ: 15
Voulge/Splash: 4
Voulge/Summ: 3
Summ/Exxy: 3
Exxy/DNR: 1
Exxy/Splash: 1
Anyis/Exxy: 3
Anyis/Summ: 9
Anyis/Splash: 4
Enigma/Splash: 5
Enigma/Summ: 5
Viral/Splash: 6
Viral/Enigma: 5
Enigma/Sound: 2
DNR/Sound: 1
Viral/Summ: 5
Summ/Void: 1
Druid/DNR: 7
Splash/Druid: 6
Void/DNR: 1
Exxy/Djinni: 2
Enigma/Druid: 4
Exxy/Void: 1
Splash/Djinni: 2
Volt/Splash: 2
DNR/Volt: 3
Summ/Volt: 3
Volt/Druid: 1
Holoβ/Summ: 18
Anyis/Holoβ: 4
Gear/Summ: 3
Rhea/Summ: 5
Gear/Rhea: 1
Holoβ/Rhea: 1
Holoβ/Gear: 1
Splash/Holoβ: 3
Viral/Holoβ: 6
Viral/Anyis: 1
Druid/Holoβ: 1
Druid/Summ: 3
Sound/Splash: 2
Sound/Summ: 3
Void/DNR: 1
Djinni/Summ: 1
Big/Druid: 1 ))
After a large period of time passed, Virgil ends up leaving the lounge.