Newlight's Hour.

"GMOs, eh?" Thomas grunted as only a man who plies a trade can, smirking to himself as he pulled a laptop out of his bag. "Most people these days code with their PETs or with full-size, bulky terminals, but I prefer something a little more tote-bag." He set the device on the nearby table, then pulled up a few programs, customized a few variables... "Hey, Regalia. Gimme a quick scan of Nightshade, could you?" On-screen, the knightly navi offhandedly waved a hand at Nightshade, and all sorts of data about the catboy appeared on the screen, including his appearance.

"A lot of what GMOs are is just... 3D sculpting, really. Back in the old days you had to do most of it by mouse, but I have some programs that let me really get a grip on things." Reaching into his bag, Thomas pulled out a pair of plastic-tipped gloves, then slid them on; lights in the front of the laptop began to cast a 3D display of Nightshade in the air, and Thomas brought his hands near it, digital tools appearing over each fingertip. "So what're we going for, looks-wise?"
Shane was very intrigued by the explanation. Considering he was a complete illiterate when it came to coding all this info was a godsend. "Hm..." he folded his arms in thought. "I would say...he likes to cuddle and hug. That sounds somewhat difficult with metallic claws poking out of your feet or hands. I'd say...give him something friendly looking. Something he can wear that accentuates his feline nature without all the battle stuff."

In the meantime Adam served them both their drinks.

"Hm...give him an half suit. Tailor it to look like a black and white cat. Keep the tail and the feet paws. Maybe add boots that work as feet paws withouth the clawed part...and keep the long sleeved gloves too..." the man trailed off, visualizing something in his head. "Perhaps...give paw pads to his gloves like they simulate paws, so that it's comfier to hold hands with. It's hard to explain..."

Shane took a sip of his drink before remebering something. "Make something Regalia would like while keeping the cat theme." He concluded.
Thomas was already working as Shane began to describe; black gloves down to the elbows, long black boots with big fuzzy 'paw' patterns at the front... the tail stayed, just above the boots he left a bit of skin to show... most of Nightshade's body was covered in a form-fitting bodysuit, cut like a T-shirt and shorts joined together. A big white patch adorned the front of it, like a belly pattern, and little yellow-gold flares were on the sleeves of the shorts and shirt portions alike. He sculpted out a little greenish-yellow scarf around the cat's neck, as well as a much softer, more friendly-looking feline helmet without the extra set of eyes his usual look sported. Just for bonus points, Thomas made it so a holo-visor could pop out from the earpieces on the helmet, the same way Regalia's helmet could provide one.

"How's this?" Thomas asked, giving the 3D model a little spin.
Shane leaned in looking at fhe rotating 3d model. "It's...stunning. I am seriously impressed. You managed to create such an awesome design on such short notice."

Adam nodded. "Indeed. You are a man of skill, Mr.Brighton."

"It's perfect." Shane commented, satisfied with the outcome. "I am sure Nightshade will never want to take it off. So, how much would I owe you for this. This kind of professional level work needs adequate compensation."
"Hmm..." Thomas thought about it. "How about your share of the Bugfrags from last battle? I need some junk data for a project I'm working on. We'll call any expenses past that a favor, since you're letting me have this nice tea." Thomas reached for the glass that Adam had brought him, taking a long sip.
"Sure thing. For the favor part I'll make sure you'll always be able to enjoy Adam's drinks free of charge." Shane agreed, handing over the requested payment. "Would you mind if Nightshade tries it on right now? In case there's the need to adjust things?"

Shane Lose: 38BF
Thomas Get: 38BF
Thomas glanced at his PET, checking to see that things had indeed been transferred over, then set his tea down. "Mm, best to do it now, before more viruses show up. I'll fix up any problems he has with it." He manipulated the model a bit more with his hands, then saved the whole thing as (presumably) a GMO file and dragged it-- physically, through the air-- over to Shane's PET. A flick of the wrist and Shane's PET displayed a file transfer notice, asking for confirmation.
Confirming the transfer, Shane once again thanked Thomas. He then turned over to the huge curved screen. "Hoi, Nighty. I got you something you might like."

The little navi's ears twitched. "Hm? What is it? More upgrades?"

Shane chuckled as he sent the GMO file in. "Better. Look what Thomas made you."

Nightshade's eyes widened as the new outfit materialized in front of him. His tail twitched in excitement. "OMG OMG OMG OMG!" He squeaked, running in circles around the thing. "It looks amazing! Thomas did it? Wow! Wow!"

The little feline placed a hand on the suit's chest. "How do I wear it?" He asked Thomas, looking up at the big screen in the sky.
"It's a GMO file. You just have to run it like any other program, it equips itself. Bit like putting on a shirt, really." Thomas chuckled, watching the navi's antics.
With a nod, Nightshade placed a hand on the suit's chest and concentrated. Suddenly, he felt a weird tingly feelingas the new program binded itself to his code. The gmo shined brightly, dissolving in a sea of pixels that would attach themselves onto Nightshade's body one by one. Nightshade relaxed his muscles as his old outfit disintegrated to make way for the new one. Now a little ball of light, he waited for a few more seconds before the glow died out leaving hims inside the jet black half-suit.

The little navi raised his hands, observing the white paw pads onto the sleek black gloves. He squeezed both his hands a couple times, then wiggled his feet-paws and spun around himself once, to give both humans a good look of his fuzzy new self.

"It feels...pretty good. Amazing actually."' He mumbled, his tail wagging somewhat excitedly at Thomas only to pick up its pace when the little fuzzbal took hold of one of Regalia's hands to test around how gripping something felt like with the added padding. Looking up, the small feline bowed his head. "T-thank you,Thomas. It's incredible."

He little guy fiddled a little with the small scarf he was wearing and slightly adjusted his boots before turning over to look at his guiding figure. Pulling up the face mask over to the bridge of his nose (mostly to hid his slightly embarassed blush) he looked up at the knight. "How...how do I look?" He quietly asked the elder navi while kicking the dirt with his right foot.