Desmond's House

After returning home with a clean bill of health for his navi and a brand new upgrade, Desmond sat down to install the program into his NaviCustomizer.

"...You can't have the block over the command line." reminded Deuce.

Desmond grimaced, "I know that."

"...It shouldn't be adjacent to that HP+50 either." Deuce added.

Desmond had actually forgotten that fact but waved off the racket's warning, "I know!"

Setting the piece in place and running the application, Tennisman's face appeared on the PET's window after rebooting.

"Good?" Desmond asked.

Tennisman nodded in quiet compliance.

"Awesome." smiled the operator, "So about this training, where do you wanna go? Science Labs? Electown?"

"Sharo." Replied Tennisman.

"Sharo?" Desmond echoed, "Where's that?"

"Sharo is the closest northernmost country neighbouring Electopia." Deuce began, "Their network is said to be highly secure and practically guarded by a legion of aqua-element viruses. Most outsiders find it hard to adapt to the frigid temperatures and militant regime leaving the area sparsely populated."

"Why'd you wanna go there?" Desmond asked "If you really wanted to use your element, shouldn't you go to a fiery place like... I have no idea. Hotopia?"

"There is no Hotopia." Tennisman said, "And I think it more suitable to relate to the viruses of the same element and possibly collect more aqua battlechips for our folder."

"What! Come on! We have great aqua chips!" Desmond argued, "Like AquaNeedle and... I got this Wideshot and Bubble thing from trading..."

The three of them went completely silent in agreement.

"Yeah, okay, let's go to Sharo." relented Desmond.

((Sharo Rogue Net))
"Was there anything you wanted to get in particular?" Deuce asked from the PET screen.

"I think I finished redoing Fifteen so I wanna check out the Navi shop for some SP stuff." replied Desmond.

Deuce seemed to let out a disgruntled groan at the response and quickly changed the subject, "Do you think you should also look over the folder too?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it." Desmond said, grabbing his jacket and PET as he headed out the door.

((Folder Edit
-HiCannon out
-Bubblestar out
-Kunai1 out
-Kunai1 out

-Avalanche1 in
-Holy Panel in
-Wideshot1 in
-Ironshell1 in))
((Navi Shop))
"It stopped raining JUST as I come home. Fantastic." Desmond groaned, dropping his wet coat to the floor.

"Didn't you say something about wanting to get something for Support Programs?" Deuce asked nonchalantly.

Desmond closed his eyes and took in a deep breath before he spoke again, "...Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"Well, you did tell me to 'shup'." the racket answered back.

"YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME! WHY WOULD YOU START NOW?" barked Desmond.

Deuce chuckled slightly, "I found it convenient."

Desmond rubbed his temples and sat back down at his desk. "Doesn't matter now cuz I'm broke. TENNISMAN!" he called out.

"Yes?" his navi replied.

"How are the upgrades holding up?" Desmond asked, "Ready to do some more busting?"

Tennisman nodded and was promptly jacked into the network.

((SciLab Chaos Net))
"Well that sucked." Desmond bluntly stated.

Tennisman didn't have much to add but agreed that though he had survived his first excursion into that network, it was a close shave, especially for his support programs.

"...What do you wanna do now?" Desmond added, clearly fatigued.

His navi looked contemplative for a moment before answering, "Internet City."

"Huh?" his operator grunted.

Deuce was quick to interject with an explanation, "Internet City is a hub of navis and information. If you wanted to find someone or something, that would be a good place to start."

Desmond took in a deep breath and wiped his face, "...Sure, whatevvver."

((Internet City))
"Alright, so what are we doing now?" Desmond asked.

Tennisman replied, "We are going to Netfrica Net."

His operator sighed, as his patience for his navi's exploits seemed to be wearing thin, "No, I mean like... What did you sign up for? I don't get it."

Tennisman thought it a waste of time to explain adequately in a format that Desmond could easily understand but it was at times like this that Deuce conveniently intervened, "Your navi signed up to be a part of the NP's Justice department."

"You mean like... The internet police?" Desmond mused.

Deuce wasn't willing to agree immediately but eventually slurred out a response, "...Sure. Let's go with that."

((Netfrica Net))
As soon as Desmond saw that his navi and two support programs had been safely reclaimed into the PET, he plucked it from the table and dropped it into the charger.

"It's late and I'm tired." He spat, collapsing onto his bed and mumbling, "Things tomorrow."

Tennisman felt they all deserved a good rest and entered a sleep mode along with his operator. Deuce and Fifteen followed suit, leaving the room completely silent for the first time in hours.

The sun broke through the window and slapped Desmond in the face like a home intruder. He grimaced at the intangible intruder and rolled around but his hunger was getting the better of him. He groaned and used what little energy he had to crawl out of bed and head straight to the kitchen for a piece of bread. He returned to this desk and pressed random buttons on his PET to reactivate it.

"Morning..." Desmond slurred, chewing his bread all the while.

Tennisman's face replaced the black screensaver and he nodded to his operator.

"Alright, big day... Gonna join those internet police..." Desmond said.

Deuce chimed in, "You don't sound very excited."

"Give it half an hour." Desmond answered, jacking his navi back into the recruitment kiosk.

((Internet City))
"But first, let's hit up the navi shop." added Desmond as he grabbed his jacket, "Use up some of this busting money. I've been thinking about getting you Floatshoes so you don't have problems with weird floor crap."

The eager operator finished bundling up and plucked the PET from the charger before heading out to gather his supplies.

((Navi Shop))