The Base is Reborn

"Well that does not sound fun, and please tell me it was not a male that tried that." Virgil said, chuckling some. "Well, anyway, I apreate the consure... but if anyone does try to go after Daisy, I don't think they would be to happy to have to deal with 4+ navis at the same time, some of which have government connections. And honestly, that is if Daisy can not handle the attacker by herself. But in any case, I'll get into contact with Daisy when I get back to my hotel. Also, the pass is *********. Later." Virgil said, leaving the room to head back.
"He best contact me if he can't find her... The last thing I need is Junior stressing out." Wes muttered. His PET then reactivated.

"Okay, I'm ready to head out." Junior said. He then looked around, "So, Virgil-kun left? I was hoping Daisy would come back so I could talk to her..."

"Eh, don't worry about it. He said he'd find her when he got back to where ever he was staying. Right now, just head to Yumland to train." Wes instructed. He then added, "Send her an e-mail quick, though, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." Junior said happily as he plugged back into the net.
"Well, Junior, I'm gonna head to bed. You got an e-mail, so take a look at that and then you get some rest too, okay?" Wes instructed.

"Ah! Thanks. Good night." Junior replied.

"Good night." Wes said with a yawn. He then headed to his cot and went to sleep. Meanwhile, Junior check the message and sent a response as well. He then went into sleep mode, getting some rest until he was reactivated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes awoke late the next morning. He lazily walked to the shower, bathed and then grabbed something quick to eat. He then picked up his PET, "Hey, its time to go. If you want you can keep sleeping until we get to Scilabs but I'm heading off."

Junior slowly opened his eyes, "No, I'm ready to wake up. So, sleep well for once?"

"Yeah. I should be able to concentrate pretty well. Oh by the way... I know we weren't going to focus on NaviCust until later, but there was a really good deal. Three plus parts for 4000 zenny." Wes said, beginning to instal them, "We can only put in two of them right now, but they should boost your abilities a tiny bit. So, you feel okay?"

Junior moved his hand around, then fired a quick burst at the floor, "Yeah. My hands are actually a lot quicker and deft now. Good job making such a deal."

"Glad you like it. It was your money, so I'd of felt bad if you disapproved. In any case, your Cross capacity is full so I'm going to go buy you anonther slot. Those things are near the top of our priority list, after all. Perhaps we can bust in Scilabs while we're there." Wes said, heading out and finding a bus.

"Sounds good." commented Junior.
Wes walked back in and laid down with a sigh, "Sheesh... I didn't plan to spend all day in Scilabs... Idiot factions fighting over who knows what."

"That's right, we never really did hear an explanation for why the whole thing started. Perhaps we should ask around tomarrow. Though for now, I guess I'll go into sleep mode." Junior said, beginning to drift off into an unconscious state.

"Yeah, so will I... that was the plan after all." Wes said as he got still and tried to fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, there came a knock on the door. Wes's eyes shot open. He didn't like being interrupted, especially when the activity he was doing was sleep. He tried to drift back off but the knocking came again. With that, he got up and stomped over to the door. If there wasn't someone dying, there would be soon, cause that's about the only intrusion he'd allow that would go unpunished. He opened the door and, his eye twitching asked, "Do you need something?"

A deliveryman stood there with a small package and, after signing for it, Wes took it inside and sat it on the table where he had previously set his PET. Junior wasn't set to wake up for another 2 hours, so with that, Wes went back to sleep. He hoped it wasn't a message from some princess asking him to destroy the Death Star, cause right now he was just too sleepy and too annoyed to bother with the damn thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When Wes finally awoke, about five minutes before his navi would, he got up and headed to the shower. He came out a good while later, his hair now a different hue. Junior, who had been eyeing the package, looked at him and said, "Oh, so your dye finally came out, huh?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Wes sighed, scratching his now purple covered scalp, "Now I can begin assuring people again that this is, yes indeed, my natural color. At least that stuff gave me a reprieve from the stupid inquiries."

"I suppose... Anyway, what's with this box? I don't remember you brining it back here last night."

"Some delivery guy woke me up and gave it to me last night. I haven't bothered to open it yet. Hopefully it isn't something annoying like a bomb or some sort of prank where someone signed me up for a stupid movie club." Wes grumbled. He opened the package, which was luckily not a bomb. Instead it was a single letter, "Who the hell sends a damn letter? E-mail is so much faster plus it doesn't wake you up when it arrives."

"Might be something that they do not wish for a hacker to find?" Junior offered.

"Yeah, so they send it in some box that any old assclown can grab when the delivery guy aint looking. That seems smart." Wes said oh-so-sarcastically. He then picked up the letter and read it, his facial expression changing from one of annoyance and pissed-off-ness to one of curiosity and interest, "Well that's nifty... apparently there's some sort of program he hid in the tree in the homepage that should more or less tell us everything we ever would want to know about Requiem. The password's incarnation, as far as I can gather... He also says we need about another PET's worth to hold it, since not something we'd want to keep stored on a normal computer... even though that's kind of what he did... and is doing. Oh well, looks like we know what we need to do next."

"Get another PET to hold the database?" Junior asked, it not being all that obvious.

"Nope. We talk to your grandfather about screwing with your PET so that it has more memory. PETs are too expensive to just go out and buy, even if it is to help our organization out." Wes said. With that, he typed off an e-mail, and waited for a reply. He then sent Junior into the net, figuring it might be a while before the old man checked his e-mail and replied.
Wes stood up, "Well, we've got a mission. We can leave as soon as..." Wes looked down at his PET screen. Since his navi had been so confident he was going to win, he'd just let him finish the battle alone, "Well, I'll see you when you're done then." With that, Wes walked out the door and headed to the metro. Time to go home to Netopia.
Wes made his way home and accessed his PC. He plugged in Junior and had him mess with the tree, "The password is incarnation."

Junior messed with a console that appeared in front of him and typed in the password. A message appeared asking him to establish a link between a PET and the tree. Junior did so and then hit the upload button. A stream of data shot upwards, into Wes's personal terminal.

A black ball appeared on Wes's screen. Slowly its darkness faded, until it turned fully transparent. Inside floated an infant, or at least what he assumed was an infant. It had red, curly hair and purple skin. It wore a diaper and tiny red baby booties, "Huh? This is the database?" As Junior returned to the PET, the bubble popped, landing the baby onto the floor. With a yawn, it streched out its tiny limbs and began to look around through its still closed eyes.

"Hmmm? So I'm finally back, huh?" it glanced at Junior for a second, "Is that you, Soulman? No, he'd never make such a stupid expression... it could be his son."

"Huh?" Junior replied. He adjusted his glasses to hide his annoyance. After all, it wouldn't be good to let an infant get him upset, "That's not a very good way to make a first impression, Baby-kun."

"Baby... kun? Wrong!" pulling out a small knife and throwing it at Junior, sticking it in the middle of his forehead, the child yelled, "I am Majinman.EXE but you should be calling me Majin-sama, you whelp!"

"Huh? Majinman, you say?" Wes said, suddenly becoming a good deal more interested, "I had no idea Sensei ever made his own navi."

"He hit me in the head with a kunai... and that's all you say? Don't you care about my well being?" Junior asked, standing still so that his anger didn't make him do something bad.

"The PET has healing programs, so it won't bother you long at all." Wes replied. Just as he said it, the knife disappeared and so did any evidence that Junior had been hit, "See?"

"Exactly. Its not like I'd hurt an ally if the damage was going to be permanent." Majinman chimed in.

"But that doesn't change the fact that he assaulted me." Junior objected.

"C'mon, he's just a kid." Wes sighed.

"Yeah, I'm just a kid~" Majinman said extra cute like, grinning because he knew that Junior really couldn't do squat to him. Junior relented, looking off to the side. Majinman then starting talking, "So anyway, I assume that by the Sensei comment that you're the leader of Requiem's apprentice?"

"Yes. Well, kind of." Wes answered, "Sensei quit long before he trained me. He just wanted someone to inheiret his knowledge, though he kind of hinted that he wanted his old organization started up as well... so I guess now I'm the leader. My name is Wesley Xesivan, though just Wes works. My navi is Soulman_Junior.EXE. I assume you have some information to help us succeed?"

"Wes and Junior huh? Yeah, you could say that. You see, I am actually your Majin-sensei's clone! He programed me to be a copy of him in navi form!" Majinman said, very dramatically.

"Uh... are you sure?" Wes said, blinking in disbelief, "My sensei was a lot more... reserved than you appear to be."

"Well, he did seal me away because he said our personalities varied too much, though I think that's just because when people look in the mirror, they don't like what they see. I am definately an exact clone, mind wise. I have all his information and memories." Majinman said. Wes still wasn't exactly sure but once they gave the knowledge he claimed to have a test, they would see. The new navi now turned to Junior again, "So, anyway, kid, what's your dad up to these days?"

"He's dead." Junior said simply, not feeling the desire to give furthur details.

"What!? THat's impossible. Well, nigh impossible. How did it happen?" Majinman demanded.

"Well...." Wes quickly went over the details.

"Hmmmm...... That... really sucks." Majinman said. There was an ackward pause, "Anyway... what are your plans for what to do next?"

"Well, we're supposed to do some group mission soon so I guess call everyone together. Probably just gonna bust while we wait." Wes said.

"Well that works out well. You see, I'm looking forward to start earning some cash. Of course, I can't really move too well in this form so I'll need to help of a lovely assistant. Better make a post on our BBS. Heh heh heh...." Majinman smirked.

"Well this... should be interesting." was all Wes said.

((Gonna just finish this later))
"Well, this is going no where fast... Let's head for upgrades, then bust in some random location." Wes suggested.

"Sounds fine to me... though from what Majin-kun said, he can't bust on his own, so that means that it'll be me going solo." Junior said.

"You really should call me -sama, but yeah, since we both can't plug in at the same time, I won't be able to use you as my mule." Majinman said, sounding disappointed.

"A mule huh? And you want me to call you Majin-sama... right..." Junior said sarcastically, under his breath.

"Huh? You say something, Junior?" Wes asked.

"Nothing important. Let's head out." Junior said.

"Yeah, let's head out." Majinman chimed in, eyeing Junior suspiciously. He had a feeling that Junior had said something bad about him, but he wasn't able to hear it. How fortunate for the peace and quiet of the group.

"Fine. We're out." Wes said, grabbing his stuff and heading out the door. His first stop would be Scilabs then... who knows?
Wes got off the Metro and headed to his hideout. Once there, he pulled out his PET and sent Majinman into his computer, "Okay, this place is in your care now. I'm going to give you a frequency to moniter the PET on. That way, you won't be out of the loop."

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks." Majinman replied, "You better work hard, kid. Now that we're just going to be switching back and forth in one PET slot, your upgrades are my upgrades, so make us strong. Whenever I get to head out, I want to do so with a bang."

Junior didn't reply but Wes nodded and then headed to Scilabs.
As soon as Wes arrived from Scilabs, he went to his lodging and getting ready for bed, went to sleep. He awoke several hours later and without waking his navi, hopped into the shower, to clean himself off. Upon getting out, he got about halfway dressed before he switched to combing his hair and brushing his teeth. Once that was done, he completed his ensemble. He now wore black pants and a long sleeved, purple shirt about the hue of his own hair. In the center of the shirt was printed Junior's emblem, "Sheesh, why did his main color have to be the same as my hair? Man, I really hope it doesn't look lame this way. However, I had to have something that ties to the fighter. Otherwise, how will people know who the operator is?" Wes looked at the time and realized that he didn't have much to spare, "Man, I don't even have the time to let my hair dry... It'll have to do that on the way. Junior, wake up and get ready. You have until the metro gets there to be prepared."

Junior opened his eyes and looked around, "Wha?" he mumbled, his wits not quite with him.

Wes roughly picked up the PET and ran out the door, intent to start off, "Oh, just hurry up and get your senses back." As he passed out of the exit, he grabbed a pair of green shades. While he doubted anyone there would be advanced enough to, he really didn't want anyone reading his eye movements.
Wes made his way back to the base. He sat down at his desk, placing his PET on the table top, and sighed, "Well today was a waste of time."

"I'll say," came a voice from the computer, "Did the line-up really bother you that much?"

"Yeah. Well, that and the guy we were fighting annoyed me. If Red or Daisy doesn't have the power to beat those losers, I'll be disappointed."

"Not exactly what I'd call a 'good luck'. Seems you're really in a bad mood." Majinman said, "In any case, if you ask me, you seem to have a problem with all of Junior's inhibitions."

"It has been a problem, as of late, hasn't it?" echoed Junior.

"Well, yeah, but what can you do? Until we can figure out a way to get you off your overbearing manners, we just have to deal with it." Wes replied.

"Well, I have a method to lower his restrictions a bit." Majinman suggested.

"Huh? How?" Wes asked.

"Having demonic magic on my side gives me certain... abilities. If you wish, I could seal Junior up and project simulations to his mind that would force him to make choices contrary to how he normally acts."

"A few issues with that. First, these simulations would be coming from you? Are you sure you can handle something like that? Second, this seems like something that would take a long span of time. Who am I supposed to bust with until then?"

"Good point, at least the second one. The first is foolish, though. Its me. Who else acts mean enough to Junior that he'd be able to create hard enough tests that would actually force him to change? As for your other question, I could take his place. Just..." Majinman began to bounce up and down, opening and closing his hands as he did so, "lend me his upgrades. I can't do much as is."

"Well, I guess that makes sense..." Wes said.

"I'm not feeling too safe about this. It seems like he's motivated mainly to get stronger, with the bonus of getting to bully me. I'd really rather not." Junior protested.

"You may be right, but this navi was created by Sensei, so he should be at least somewhat trustworthy. Besides, he's the only one to really offer to help. If its a trap, we'll get your grandfather-person to help." Wes suggested.

"I... guess that's true." Junior said. After a long pause, "Fine, I guess I can give it a try, though is there a way for me to communicate outside whatever it is you're putting me in?"

Majinman thought for a while, then concluded, "I suppose, if I can get an SP upgrade I could convert your orb to function as one. However, you'd only be allowed out for limited periods of time, since any ineraction you have with the outside world would interfere with your training. Plus, you'd be alone until I managed to snag the parts. Sure, I could sign up for a mission first thing, but you'd still have to bear it until the end of the day, at the very least."

"As long as you don't dally too long, I suppose it would be fine..." Junior said, though he didn't sound all that sure of himself.

"All right! Then its agreed. First, to seal you." Majinman crawled over to Junior, then sat upright. He waved his tiny hands around a bit and muttered some weird words, darkening the PET and creating some weird light around Junior. The navi glowed, then began to shirk, turning round in the process, until his form was that of a sphere, about the size of a fist. The lighting then went back to normal, revealing the ball to be white, like a pearl, with a fancy J written on the face. It fell to the ground with a thud, "Okay, now that that's taken care of... time for a transfer of power." Connecting to the PET's systems, Majinman absorbed the upgrades that were now without an owner. The influx of strength shocked the navi, causing his eyes to shoot open, revealing their red hue. He began to grow, quickly becoming too large to fit into the clothes he was wearing. As they began to tear, he curled into a ball, in an attempt to remain modest even during the time of extreme stress. His limbs stretched, his torso expanded, his horns protruded furthur from his skull, and his nails lengthened and sharpened. Soon his body seemed to have reached his limit and the shapeshifting ceased.

Once the transformation was complete, the wind picked up, bringing with it a swirl of colors, mostly red and black. The black settled below his waist, forming a pair of pants. A bit broke off and encircled his wrist. The red wrapped itself around his chest and over his back, creating a vest, as well as settling over his feet to form a larger version of the shoes he had worn in his baby form. A strange, black mark was also etched into his right shoulder, giving him a symbol to be represented by. With his new, badass appearance complete, he slowly stood up... revealing that he was still just an inch over four feet, if that, "Ah, so much growth at once... it really put a strain on me."

"You've got to be kidding. You call this a lot of growth and you're still shorter than 90% of the navis out there. Sheesh, this is sad." Wes sighed, putting a hand over his face.

"Hey, hey, my appearance is based on how much power you allot me. If I'm not as big as you want me to be, its you're fault. It's a bit more difficult for me to visit the navi shop than it is for you, you know." Majinman shot back.

"Right, right. Well, whatever. We're partners now, so we should start working together. First up, let's see about getting that upgrade you promised Junior."

Majinman hopped into the air and floated about a bit, "Yeah, sure, let's help that dumb kid. I suppose I did promise him and it wouldn't look good if I start telling lies right off the bat." He flew over the orb on the ground and scooped it up, depositing it in a small sack which he tied to his belt loop, "See if you can get something that can maximize my flight capabilities."

He called Junior a kid. Oh boy, this could be troublesome, "Fine, I'll see what I can do." Wes sighed.
Aida walked down the streets of ACDC sighing to herself a bit. She had alot on her mind and really didn't want to go through all her problems right now. What a headache everything was, work, family, mysterious fiance, and not to mention her very loud navi.

"Something wrong Aida?" Capuchin asked as she did a backflip, "You seem down."

"Oh? I-its nothing..." Aida assured, "I just....h-have you ever wanted to get away from all y-your problems for a bit? Go somewhere where you can ju-just relax?"

"...? I think thats what you netops call a vacation...but for me? Yeah." the monkey navi gave a nod, "Don't forget, I had an 'interesting' lifestyle waaaay before I met you...and yes, there were many a time I just wanted to leave and just relax by myself....sadly, that doesn't exist. Something will always find you, thats my experience."

These words were all to true to Aida yet she halted for a moment and her head turned ever so slightly to a familiar area. "....a-actually.....I m-may know of one place." Her body turned around and took a strange turn down a street then through a bit of a maze.

"Wait a minute...are we going to..."

"Y-yes...the old Base that Mr. Wes created 7 years ago. We still can enter...ah! Th-there it is." Aida approached calmly and let herself in.

"I'm surprised." Capuchin said curiously, "Its usually me that demmands us to do things like this, and its you who demmands no."
As Wes began to type their mission request, he was interrupted by someone entering the base that was supposed to be marked as abandoned and thus left alone. Well this could be problematic. How to best cover this up... Sliding back from his desk, he peeked at the door, discovering it was Aida who had wandered in, "Uh... hey. Something you needed, Ambridge?" He asked.

Majinman's ears perked up at the name. So that one old Requiem member, Aida Ambridge, had found her way back to the base. By his tone, it didn't seem like Wes had planned this, so he couldn't give the kid credit, unfortunately. Of course, thinking about it, Aida's navi was Capuchin, was it not? Or had she perhaps changed within the past few years? No, that seemed unlikely. Capuchin... thinking it over, that navi did have some nice assets that would be a pleasure to have on any team. Perhaps it would be best to have Wes changed the mission statement, "Wes," he whispered from the PET, "get them in on the mission. It'll be fun for me, plus give you some alone time with Aida."

"Alone time?" he muttered back, "I don't know what kind of impression you got of me from the short time we've known each other but I'm not that kind of person. However, Junior is fond of busting with partners, so I'll go along with your plan just because its a style I'm used to."

"Score."

"Hey, Ambridge, you seem a bit distracted. If you feel like talking, stick around. My navi and I were about to request an SP mission, so I'm stuck sitting here to operate, anyway." Wes said. Now hopefully the hotheaded navi would jump in and push herself into the mission. If not, he could always ask directly but he didnt want to seem like he had an ulterior motive for getting her to stay here.
"AOH!" Aida yellped as she turned her head to see someone else inside the base. She gave a sigh of relief though when realise who it was. "I-I'm sorry M-Mr. Wes. You gave me qu-uite a scare...I didn't think anyone would c-come back to this place."

"We should have known." Capuchin sighed as she realised how obvious this was. "Of course Wes would return to the requiem base. Your probably preparing to start it back up..."

"D-Don't g-go and guess Capuchin." Aida scolded, "It's n-not right....and as for a battle..." Aida thought about all her troubles that happened today, perhaps this would be a good time to forget about things. "I w-would love to. Isn't that right Capuchin?"

"Feh! Maybe you....BUT I CANNOT FORGIVE PANTY BOY EXE for what he did!!! I refuse to bust with him!"

"AH! C-Capuchin...be nice!"
"If that's the case, then the testy navi should have no objections." Wes said, "I'll make my request now. Just post on the mission board right after I do." Wes took a moment to type up his post, "Okay, there we go. An SP mission should be tricky, so hopefully the monkey can keep up."

Well that would get a hothead fired up. If it worked, this team up would be fun.
"Well, doesn't seem like we'll get anything in the immediate future. You feel like normal busting until then?" Wes asked his navi.

"Sure. Afterall, its better to test out new techniques at your own leisure, rather than just breaking them out when there's actual pressure. Send me into the square and we can figure things out from there." Majinman replied.

"Okay, here you go." Wes said, transmitting his navi to the requested location. He then added to Aida, "Oh, your navi can come along too if you feel like it."
Aida gave a happy nod. "U-umm sure...i-if that's alright with C-Capuchin..."

The monkey navi gave a grunt for a moment but then gave in. "Feh...wellllllll what else was I going to do today? Besides...he isn't Jr. And I'm not ready to confront that guy just yet."

A Sigh escaped Aida's lips as she held up the PET and sending Capuchin to the same area. "Please l-let things go..."
As Majinman returned to the PET, Wes noticed that Aida had snuck out at... some point, "Well that's weird... was I really that distracted?"

"Okay, since our other teammates bailed on us, I'm advertising on the net square board for some new ones. Sit tight until then," Majinman said, interrupting Wes thoughts.
"Well, we have a bite," Majinman said with a smirk, "Its apparently a chick, at least the navi, though you have to chill with some random guy. Sucks to be you."

"Whatever. I'm just bored, so let's go. Where are we meeting him at?" Wes asked, getting up to head to the Metro.

"Scilabs. Hopefully we can get a few more to join us at some point too..."

With that, they left.