Maintenance Testing

"Urghghhgh..." groaned Mill, rolling over in his bed as he starting to wake up. Cracking one eye open, Mill glanced at the clock on his nightstand, which read 2:00 PM in big green numbers. He just laid still for a few moments, gathering his thoughts, before both his eyes snapped wide open at the realization of what time it was.

"Damnit!" shouted Mill, shoving himself into an upright position. "Magna! I ordered you to wake me up at half past 9!" Mill reached over to his nightstand, opening the drawer and pulling out Magna's black and purple PET. The hulking machine Navi paused for a few moments before responding:

"TIME 'HALF PAST 9' NOT FOUND. NUMERICAL CLARIFICATION REQUIRED TO PROCESS ORDER."

Mill could only sigh after hearing that, placing his forehand in his hand and massaging his temples. Hopping out of bed, PET in hand, Mill walked into the small kitchen of his apartment and poured himself some orange juice. After taking a few sips, Mill said, "Your processor needs some work, Magna. I'll have to test you against some virii to pinpoint the problem."

"ACKNOWLEDGED. PREPARING TO EXECUTE BATTLE PROTOCOL."

Mill leaned over the kitchen counter and pointed his PET at the PC in the living room, sending a signal containing Magna's data into it and onto the net.
Mill was hunched over his PC, the screen being the only thing lighting up the room at the time, scrolling through lines of Magna's coding. Hmm... Doesn't look too bad. The right arm's pretty messed up, but I should be able to fix that by just re-uploading the drivers... Anything else will only need a quick clean-up. With a click here and a click there, the repair program started up, the progress bar slowly moving to the right.

"5 hours? Jeez... Might as well go ahead and go to sleep." groaned Mill, looking at a clock to find out it'd be late into the night before Magna rebooted. After a quick trip to the bathroom, Mill crawled into bed, resting up for the next day...

-~-

"OPERATOR! TIME HAS REACHED 'HALF PAST 9'! END SLEEP CYCLE!" blared Magna from the PC. Mill nearly jumped out of bed after such an abrupt wake-up call. Rubbing his hands over his face, Mill moaned, "I really need a regular alarm clock..."

"ACKNOWLEDGED. ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOUND: DELIVER WORK APPLICATION TO SCILAB EMPLOYEE SERVICES."

Grabbing a set of clothes out of his closet, Mill sighed, "Right... I totally forgot about that... Damn, we probably need to head out right away."

"BEGIN TOASTER PREPARATIONS?" queried Magna.

Shaking his head as he pulled on his jacket, Mill answered, "No, I'll just buy something to eat at the subway station. Just get in your PET and let's get going."

(Moving to SciLab)