Posted by: majinbooger Dec 6 2006, 06:10 PM
This organization has been worrying me for a while now. They claim to defend the net, yet have done nothing to assist us in any of the previous problems that arise. Quite the opposite, two of their members have sided with the Rogues and the only one that showed up to fight him is the navi who retrieved and gave back Drakkas's weapon.

As for those of you who still pity the Rogues, do not. Drakkas sent his so-called 'friends', who he allowed to join him solely based on their strength, at us one by one. Each was deleted, showing that Drakkas only cared for them as a Chess-Player cares for thier pawns. 404 was also in the battle and Drakkas allowed the navi to be deleted right in front of his gaze. He is no true leader or visionary.

Back to the subject of Nocturne, they too concentrate only on strength. Their interview process is nothing more than a battle. They care nothing for a person's mental or moral points. In the end, they are nothing more than a hazard, one that must be dealt with. Before I make my final decision, I would like your input. Unlike the Rogues or Nocturne, I value my subordinates. I view you more as friends and comrades then just simple 'peons', as other leaders might.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: Valience Dec 6 2006, 06:26 PM
I personally agree with Wes. They didn't help with the Cybeast outbreak, they've done nearly nothing useful in the Rogue fight, and who knows where else these alledged 'protectors' have failed.

I have a lingering suspicion that they might be trying to form a rogue military faction, although the grounds for that might just be my lack of trust for their members. And the fact that their only member present to fight the rogues gave Drakkas his weapon.

-Valience

Posted by: P.A. master Dec 6 2006, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (majinbooger @ Dec 6 2006, 05:10 PM)
In the end, they are nothing more than a hazard, one that must be dealt with. Before I make my final decision, I would like your input. Unlike the Rogues or Nocturne, I value my subordinates. I view you more as friends and comrades then just simple 'peons', as other leaders might.

-Majin Wes

Friends and comrades?
You have no idea how much that means to a lot of people. Especially from a leader. Awesome.

And as for this, "Nocturne"... I might have an idea. My friend I tried to recruit... I get a suspicion he's trying to multi-group. I know he's already part of this "Sonata", but I get the suspicion that he's going to join not one, or even two of the groups (ourselves included), but all THREE. He could give all info. The only problem: double edged sword.
Also, i do not want to use my friend.

Up for review. I already have permission to test this person, may he want to join, but I would keep an eye on him.

As for Nocturne as a whole... all I know about them is hearsay. Nothing solid. I do, however, trust you, Majin. If what you say is true, then I fear about what may happen. For all we know, they may break apart of their own accord. All we need to know, is that if they all turn Rogue, we have a POWERFUL enemy on our hands.

-Shigeru Yamada

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 6 2006, 06:40 PM
Right now, they are weak. Look at their request for challengers on the BBS to see their current strength. It seems the only one with any power is Militiaman, though I may have a way to get around that. Also in their request, they refuse to allow Sonata to enter. Seems the only kind of group they're willing to fight is a bunch of navis that are unfamiliar with each other and therefore unorganized. They would have no chance in a true team battle. They also seem desparate for new members, seeing as the last person seeking to get in was turned away until she could find others to join her. Right now, they are weak. We could crush them as anytime with a bit of planning.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: RevivedSin Dec 6 2006, 08:33 PM
Yes, Militiaman is quite formidable. He even has a Program Advance and, at Drakkas' hint, a Beastout, under his wing. We should be quite careful of them. I know for a fact that Militiaman is not all about power though, he really likes to plan too. Well, his operator is in the room with us isn't he Majin? Okay, back to the battle. I'll have to thank Tetra for the save.
-Shin

Posted by: P.A. master Dec 7 2006, 05:24 PM
Drakkkas? Beastout? BATTLE?

What am I missing that I should know about?

-Shigeru

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 7 2006, 05:28 PM
Drakkas has a strange looking Beast OUt and also hinted that the navis Eon (Sonata) and Militiaman (Nocturne) had them as well. Neither of these accusations have been proven true or false, though it'd be good to assume they did, just to be prepared for the worst. I have factored Militiaman into my plans, so don't worry.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: King Dec 9 2006, 10:45 AM
Huh. You can cite events in the Fortess to your liking. No matter how the chips fall, I still favor anyone over the IPC. But now that my comrades are in the fray, and peace is out of the equation... Well, I could use all the pretty speeches I had in my arsenal, but it wouldn't change anything at this point. Good luck to you all.
But as for Nocturne... I never did like them. From the very start, when they began to claim we suffered from "delusions of grandeur," with no evidence but the false idea that we thought ourselves to be defenders of the Net... How well can a bigot lead?
However, I do not think that they are what you paint them as, and with all due respect your information seems... skewed on several points. Nocturne members have indeed aided in events since the Cybeast battles, which you will recall had taken place before the group was formed. Most notably, Militiaman was in Yoka, as well as another Nocturne navi by the name of Viralman... and those are only the ones who were with Fenrir.
As for their stance in the Rogue situation, remember that the whole should never be judged by one of its parts. Nocturne is not a dictatorship, therefore it would not stamp out such sentiment. This does not mean, however, that all of Nocturne shares that sentiment. Also recall that I too sided with the Rogues at one point, believing (and I still do) that Drakkas is more victim than villian. Should Requiem, then, be branded a menace, as you have so branded Nocturne? Their entry criteria may greatly differ from ours, but that only better reflects a group that is more militant that strategic. They could well claim that since our entry exams weigh heavily on intellect, that we're a group of doddering old fools, caught up in theory when the glory of battle is only moments away.
For these reasons, I do not believe that Nocturne has to be "dealt with" in any way... Unless you have designs on being the only navi group out there, in which case I would resign with all haste.
-Mik

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 9 2006, 12:46 PM
Two things:

1.) Viralman was part of Requiem during the Cybeast incident, he only switched ships later.

2.) Drakkas killed Ayumi. She's not moving, her back-up not responding, and Valience can't get a signal from her on his PET. Whatever he did, it's not good and it's unnecessary. He also left a large hole in Capuchin's chest before throwing her aside. His intent wasn't to defeat her, it was to make her suffer. Drakkas is beyond pity, beyond saving. He deserves death. He claims to be a victim but all he knows is how to spread suffering. At this point, I'm not sure I can understand how anyone can sympethized with that bastard.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: King Dec 9 2006, 01:05 PM
Hmm... That does not sound like the Drakkas we fought in the Onsen. I'm very sorry for Valience's loss... Such cruelty reeks of madness or desperation. I did not know this earlier... Since he is beyond help, I can only wish the remaining members a quick victory.
As for Viralman, I was not referring to the Cybeast incident but rather the attack on Yoka. From his crest it was obvious that he was of Nocturne.
-Mik

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 9 2006, 01:10 PM
Yes, but those that fought in the Yoka machine weren't really responding to danger, they were mostly in the wrong place at the wrong time and forced to fight. If a mugger attacks you on the street and you beat him up, does that mean you're a defender of the people? You were just merely defending yourself.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: King Dec 9 2006, 01:22 PM
Then how are we any different? We happened upon the Cybeasts purely by accident, and afterwards it was more a matter of self-defense than anything else.
-Mik

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 9 2006, 01:30 PM
There were reports of a threat, which we investigated. We knew something bad was there and that we would probably have to fight. We weren't just walking along when suddenly the beasts pounced on us. The Yoka thing was just a party gone wrong.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: King Dec 9 2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, I suppose you're right there.
However, I still don't believe Nocturne poses any particular "threat." While it's good to be prepared, this smacks of paranoia.
-Mik

Posted by: P.A. master Dec 9 2006, 04:06 PM
A party gone wrong is right.

Get it? Wrong/right?

Shutting up now.

-Shigeru

'Bout damn time.

-AI Voltman Prog

Posted by: DeathByInfinity Dec 9 2006, 05:40 PM
Rigel and Swing are both occupied with other matters, so I'm left to respond to this. Rigel has no opinion on Nocturne (typical). Swing, however, believes they are no real threat, but are largely useless. They do not appear to be taking a definite side on anything, but rather sitting back, letting individual members do what they want, and otherwise just letting things play out. They are like a police force that sit around and let criminals go free, but at the same time not directly assisting them.

Also, according to the data files on Rigel's homepage, as far as he knows Nocturne was formed during or after the original Cybeast incident, and thus would not have been able to provide much of any assistance other than future members acting on their own.

On that note, I have a few more tidbits of information regarding Nocturne members.

It is true that Viralman assisted in the Cybeast and Yoka incidents. However, he and Eon, who also fought Drauchen with my squad, were never members of Requiem. They were acting on their own, and joined Nocturne after it was formed.

-Music prog from Rigel's homepage

Posted by: Valience Dec 9 2006, 11:05 PM
Hmm, seems I forgot abut that little detail. I just remember that they formed very close to the same time that we did, so I threw the cybeasts in there because of it. My apologies.

And maybe we are old fools, but better old and wise than young and foolish, right?

-Valience

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 10 2006, 10:48 AM
Largely useless, eh? Well, now that it seems that all my allies are fine, how about we concentrate on something more amusing for after this battle. Would anyone object to us proving just how useless these Nocturne members are? An organization concentrating solely on strength, losing in battle would be embarassing.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: Valience Dec 10 2006, 04:51 PM
If nothing else, it gives us all a good chance to gauge our strength against other organizations, which I feel is a good thing. I have a lingering suspicion that there are many more groups in the works that we know nothing about, although they might be smaller in scale.

Also, while we may be largely intelligence and tactical, that doesn't mean that we don't need at least a couple big guns for when the going gets rough. I like to think of myself as a bit less strategic and more go pound their face in, compared to certain members.

-Val

Posted by: theomegaman009 Dec 10 2006, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (King @ Dec 9 2006, 03:45 PM)
But as for Nocturne... I never did like them. From the very start, when they began to claim we suffered from "delusions of grandeur," with no evidence but the false idea that we thought ourselves to be defenders of the Net... How well can a bigot lead?

(( XD!
Hey! I'm just misunderstoood! Damn man o_o;
One thing... *points up*
Did I say that? XD

Agh, this is sooo misunderstood.... Erm, I would love if someone could give me an IC reason to post here....))

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 10 2006, 05:45 PM
Looking at the levels listed in their challenge, Ayumi and Soulman could be paired with basically any other member and take them. There was one idea for a technique that you mentioned, Valience that we could rack up massive damage in the first few seconds. Of course, this is just me being optimistic, considering what we have to deal with right now. If you're interested, Val, let me know. I could issue a challenge as soon as Ayumi's recovered, though I wouldn't do so until I'm sure she's back in her peak condition. If we play our cards right, we could deliver a humiliating defeat.

-Majin Wes

((Damn you, Omega! You use this to meta-game and I'm catching a plane to Hawaii to kick you in the nuts!))

Posted by: King Dec 10 2006, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (theomegaman009 @ Dec 10 2006, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (King @ Dec 9 2006, 03:45 PM)

(( XD!
Hey! I'm just misunderstoood! Damn man o_o;
One thing... *points up*
Did I say that? XD

Agh, this is sooo misunderstood.... Erm, I would love if someone could give me an IC reason to post here....))

((Kazu said that. Mik doesn't remember who it was, instead assuming it was some unknown leader of Nocturne.))

Posted by: Valience Dec 11 2006, 01:52 AM
Sounds good Wes. I'll let you know when Ayumi is good to go again.

-Val

Posted by: DeathByInfinity Dec 15 2006, 11:32 AM
I'd probably take part in this as well. Just let me know when.
-Duke Rigel

Posted by: RevivedSin Dec 15 2006, 06:24 PM
Bah, the fight's over and Drakkas got away. But we know he's beatable at least...
Yeah, I'll stay in touch.
-Shin

See you around.
-Shuilong.exe

Posted by: majinbooger Dec 26 2006, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm going to challenge Nocturne to a friendly match. We can definately take them, so this will put a dent in their crediability. I'm giving dibs to those with the highest ranks, so those with the most points, give me a yay or nay. Contact me if you think your tally should be higher.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: Valience Dec 26 2006, 08:54 PM
Go for it. I'm all for a friendly battle. I imagine Ayumi would be too, but she's busy cleaning up some virii.
-Valience

Posted by: majinbooger Jan 9 2007, 10:01 PM
So, no one else is interested? I suppose Soulman and Ayumi could try and take three out at once, if need be.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: Lunarlion Jan 9 2007, 10:30 PM
A-are you sure this is w-wise? I'm worried about this.

-Aida

Posted by: majinbooger Jan 9 2007, 10:37 PM
I don't plan to make war, I only plan on showing how weak and ineffective they are. A dominating victory over their main squad should do the trick.

-Majin Wes

Posted by: Valience Jan 9 2007, 11:07 PM
Like they say... you can attack the body all you want, but destroying the head is the quickest and most effective way to demoralize your enemy.

What? Who says that you ask? I don't know, but I'm sure someone somewhere has said it.

-Valience

Posted by: RevivedSin Jan 12 2007, 08:40 PM
I'll do it.
After the tournament preferably.
I need to edit a signature attack for Shuilong.
Be Well.
-Shin

See you at the tournament.
-Shuilong

Posted by: DeathByInfinity Jan 12 2007, 08:46 PM
I...may be willing to take part as well. After the tournament.
-Duke Rigel

Posted by: King Jan 13 2007, 05:01 PM
My activities within this team have been... lacking, to say the least. If I wish to be a member, I must act like one. So, I'm in.
-Mikael

Posted by: P.A. master Jan 13 2007, 07:28 PM
I'd do it... but only after the tourney. And an upcoming IPC mission.

Hm... maybe I WON'T be able to make it! Damn!

Posted by: Blue and Slashman Jan 14 2007, 11:35 AM
got nothing to do and have not took part in any of the team things yet (mostly becasue lack of free time) so I am in