Charity Event Page (2012)

A warm fireplace and red, velvet seats, situated around a small, glass-framed table with a plate of cookies, are staples of the inter-factional charity event, which has recurred several times since the GNA's enfranchisement of the many feuding factions, following the Net War. Girls (and usually, one particular guy) gather to host a show, intended as a charity fund-raiser for navis living under adoption with temp operators. This year has a small turnout: three girls occupy the seats, with Boss Oni remaining absent entirely.

The first to speak as the cameras went on was Holly, the well-known beneficiary of many of the previous charity events. She was dressed up in her distinctive Santa suit, red with white fur linings and consisting of a balled hat, gloves, boots, a tube top, and a short skirt, wrapped around with a black belt. "Hello out there! Thanks for joining us for another edition of the Interfactional Net Charity Event! Our event this time's going to be a liiittle different. Before I describe the proceedings, however, let's say hi to our guest hosts this time around. First off, a familiar face: the NP representative, Waltz!"[color=green][/color] she announced, clapping her hands. Some small audience off-screen clapped along with her.

Dressed up in her red, one-piece outfit with soldierly white gloves, long black boots, and a white eye-mask to hide her identity, the NP official stood and gave a stiff salute. "I'm still not entirely happy about sharing the stage with the Mafia, nor the newly introduced Shogunate officer... but I'm dedicated to supporting the charity. Furthermore, it helps that the swinish 'Santa' is nowhere to be seen this time," she greeted the event host, crossing her gloved hands behind the shapely contour of her back.

"Yes, he wanted to be here, but I explained to him that we were downsizing a little from the previous event and we really only needed one Mafia representative! I'm so sorry, for anyone who was hoping to see Santa this year, but I'm sure he'll still visit around the holidays!"[color=green][/color] Holly apologized, making an applause-worthy effort to look genuinely sorry that Boss Oni hadn't made the event. "Next, let's give a warm welcome to our Neo-Shogun representative, the Electric Kunoichi, Vee!"[color=green][/color]

The little ninja stood up and gave a short bow, then retook her seat. Dressed in her yellow and black ninja wardrobe, she stood out as a stark contrast between the other girls, who were both dressed in festive red (and very well endowed). Her brown eyes looked between the two slowly, then finally, she sighed. "Syki was busy. She got a good reaction last year, from what I hear,"[color=goldenrod][/color] she commented in her subdued voice, thankfully still understandable through her lower face mask. "A shame she couldn't come again."[color=goldenrod][/color]

"We had some difficulties reading the Sol Battalion this year, too! I'm sure they're still working for net peace, wherever they are! At any rate, you girls enjoy some cookies while I explain the premise of our get-together,"[color=green][/color] she encouraged them; each of them complied, although Vee had to struggle not to show how eagerly she'd been awaiting the go-ahead on eating them. The little ninja pulled down her mouth-guard and began eating them quickly. "The factions will be donating chips to those underprivileged, as usual, but we don't want anyone around the net to feel left out! For that reason, we're doing a .GMO giveaway!"[color=green][/color]

"At least this way, we can be sure that none of your men are going to break in and steal our giveaways again," Waltz shrugged, casting a suspicious glance towards the NS representative. Vee returned her glare with indifference, as if the fact that he was acting alone was so self-explanatory that Waltz ought to feel stupid for bringing it up. "How does it work?"

"The key word is give this time around! We're not simply giving .GMOs out; we're giving everyone a chance to give their best friend a shout-out and a nice, custom-made .GMO! All you have to do is write down the name of your friend's navi and write a nice message, along with a description of the outfit you'd like to give them. We'll do the sending! You just need a little effort, a touch of creativity, and some good intentions!"[color=green][/color]

"What if the there is a navi who has no friends to give to?"[color=goldenrod][/color] Vee asked. Both of the other hosts stared blankly, as if the thought hadn't really crossed their minds. "It's not so uncommon."[color=goldenrod][/color]

"W-Well! In that case, send one of us a .GMO! We'll be happy to accept, and who knows? We may even wear it for you some time!"[color=green][/color] she responded with a wink and a smile, picking back up the slack. "To show you how it's done, I've prepared a gift for you both! Everyone at home, send in your messages in this format!"[color=green][/color]

Quote ()

To: Waltz
Message: Here's a present from me to my favorite gal-pals who are helping me to spread cheer tonight! This outfit is tested and proven to be a hit. I guarantee you that you'll both be darling in it!
GMO: Christmas.GMO, a santa suit with a fuzzy hat, gloves, boots, tube top, and skirt to match Holly's own. The black belt is adjustable to fit the waist and the whole outfit is "one-size fits all, tightening if need be, since it's got to fit the chest. A bell is fitted around a ribbon at the neck. This outfit has tested appeal with men, women, and children alike!

Both of the other hosts activated their outfits, with varying results. Vee quickly adjusted her top to fit just right, but she blushed a bit, as it really made her look even more childish next to the other two. Waltz, on the other hand, found that hers fit about right, but the major problem was that her mask had evaporated entirely, revealing her pretty blue eyes and long eyelashes. She didn't notice at first, until she noticed the other two staring. "What?"

"Hm... You just look so different without the mask! And yet, familiar... Where have I seen you before?"[color=green][/color] she asked, leaning closer to Waltz than the NP officer was comfortable with, as evidenced by the way she sunk her bare shoulders into the chair.

"She is the NetPolice Internal Affairs Officer, Bayonet. I thought everyone realized already,"[color=goldenrod][/color] Vee offered, still struggling to get her top just right around her insubstantial chest.

The officer lit up red, clutching her hands over her eyes and dragging her fingers down, realizing that her mask had disappeared. Holly's face lit up with joy rather than embarrasment. "You're Bayonet?! Wow! I never realized it during the first show! That's amazing, that one of the Internal Affairs commanders is here on the show with us... and dressed in that outfit! You're normally fitted up in a full uniform, right?"[color=green][/color] she asked, still leaning in.

"I had a duty, remember! I had to attend the event, but I didn't want to reveal my identity with so many unknown factors during my first-time participation! Now that I'm reassured, it's fine to use my real name," she retorted, crossing her arms across her breasts and sinking further into her chair.

"But you came to this event as Waltz again, didn't you?"[color=goldenrod][/color] Vee asked, raising one eyebrow. "I'm guessing you actually thought it would be embarrassing to appear on the show yourself, so you adopted the persona to protect yourself."[color=goldenrod][/color] Waltz sank further into the seat and turned her head, confirming Vee's hunch. The ninja ate another cookie.

"L-Let's not get hung up on this! We've got a night full of gift giving ahead of us. Go ahead, send in your mail!"[color=green][/color]

((Instructions will be up shortly))
For this event, an e-mail will be set up at CharityEvent3@sharofreemail.net (this will be a hyperlink shortly). Each navi/op pair may send in one e-mail to a navi of their choosing. You needn't list the recipient's e-mail; only the name is necessary. Please use the following template for your post:

Quote ()

TO: CharityEvent3@sharofreemail.net
SUBJECT: Whatever you like

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Recipient Navi's Name
GMO: The name and description of the .GMO you're giving

The event host (Aim, PaladinGC, or Asator) will go through and edit each post, adding onto the bottom that the .GMO has been verified. You'll also get FXP! You can receive 3-7 FXP, based on the effort you're perceived to have put in.

Extra notes:
- There is no need to register the .GMO you receive. Simply add it into your profile.
- You cannot reregister or modify a .GMO you receive from this event.
- Each of your character pairs will be able to send a mail to any character they know IC, player or NPC.
- You can send multiple mails, but they must be to different characters.
- You and another player can each write one another and you will each receive FXP for both e-mails.
- You can send an e-mail to an NPC. If you can't figure out anyone to send one to, maybe send one to one of the hosts? You will still get FXP!
- Moderators, please consult with players before sending GMOs to their characters. Also, NPCs cannot send GMOs to other NPCs in this event.
- A staff member will send a PM for each costume that is given so that the player knows they received FXP and a new .GMO. We won't send an e-mail because most NPCs don't have e-mail accounts. :'D
- It does not cost one of your blank GMOs to do this, nor does it cost one of the blank GMOs of the recipient.
- You can send GMOs to SPs, but you will not receive FXP for doing so.

PS: Stunt is not allowed to participate in this event. And sending Winter skimpy GMOs earns you -20 FXP.