Kingdom of Nightmares (House Rules and Registry)

In this thread, I have posted the rules specific to my D&D campaign. Yes, I did steal Kazu's formatting.

This sounds complicated, but with PaladinGC and myself aboard, we're happy to accommodate newbies.

As many people as they like may register, although I may split your courses if people over 5 register, so please try keep it under or at 5.

..::[KINGDOM OF NIGHTMARES]::..

..::[CHARACTER CREATION]::..
Gestalt
Starting level: 1
Point buy 32
Custom Flaws may be used, but only if you ask first.
Custom Curses are acceptable.
Created Spells are acceptable only in-game.

Races currently allowed:
Elan
Human

Elans are for all non-mechanical and RP reasons, considered to be human in all senses of the word. They are recognized as slightly shy humans. Some have slight memory loss as to their origins.

All classes have their hit die degraded by one die, from d12 to d10, such like that, to a minimum of d4.

Also, take the races and make your age somewhere between 13-20. You'll be doing odd jobs and you're not huge uberwarriors.

We'll also be utilizing spell points, just to make sure you don't get thousands of the things. Choose whichever one you like better, but only one, and that governs the amount of spells you can cast for each class. They're also renamed, and function under the name of "Mana points."

If you can come across to me with a really good reason why you'd have an orc in a universe where they shouldn't exist, that'd make me both let you in with that, then go and cry in the corner.

You may pass classes by me, but classes made intentionally overpowered, or trying to sneak overpoweredness by me will make me hurt you. Do not minmax, at your own risk.

All characters are assumed to start with padded armor, as well as a suit of clothing of their choice. They also receive a fake weapon implement if they wish, although something unrealistic will be disallowed. You're starting in a peaceful town, where you're happily living out your life, not a massive warzone. Deal with it, and don't go with monk just to avoid this, plx.

Find your class' starting Gold, then multiply it by ten. This is your starting Munny. You may buy armor and other simple items before starting, if you wish, although you should consult with me.

None of your class features currently work except weapons proficiency. Any feats you take at this time may or may not work.

The alignment restriction on Bards has been released.
The alignment restriction on Rangers has been released.
Monks may be half of a gestalt class, but their alignments have not been released.

..::[MECHANIAL CHANGES]::..
The direction that you are facing will not come into play at all, except when Flanked, or turning a blind corner, or in a low-visibility environment.

Prestige Classes are taken by request only and their "RP prerequesites" such as tests and lessons from masters will be enforced.

All dumb beasts and most beasts with animal intelligence (3 or below) have no alignment.

You receive a weapon of your choice that does non-lethal damage, as well as the fact that all weapons bought at the moment do nonlethal damage. If you pick up a quarterstaff, it does nonlethal damage as well.

All improvised weapons that could logically be thrown accurately do not take a -4 penalty as long as they are below 3 lbs of weight, but they do one dice less of damage.

..::[WHAT TO EXPECT]::..
Lots of Diplomacy, impossible fights, Gathering Information, and trying to run.
All alignments.
Some Evil characters who are on your side.
A bad-ass BBEG.
Lots of interplanar travel.
Divine intervention as plot points ONLY.
Almost exclusively Human civilization.
Incredibly hurtful encounters.
A DM who needs to consult others because of his poor grasp of DMing skills.
Permanent Death.

..::[BACKGROUND INFO]::..
Thousands of worlds exist in the worlds of the realms, but for now, you're only aware of this one. A prosperous, peaceful world run under perfect justice, there's the rare thieves and the far more common wayward golem made by the friendly mechanic.

The city you currently reside in is a small one, if you wish to set up relationships, you may, such as friends, that sort of thing. Finding what you're looking for should be relatively easy.

..::[THE STORY SO FAR]::..
So there was this one sword, it was a- Bah, I can't remember the story. Been thousands of years since it was new, right? I don't even know if it was true. Just watch out for the shadows. Because they, and the things that hide within them... Can rip your heart out. Not that heart beating there, but all those feelings you feel, happiness, everything. They could take those and just put them behind a black cage, a pasted symbol of one of those hearts locked. Make you one of them. Well, that's all for todays, kiddies.

Starting Point:
History and General information:You are starting on the world of "Crossing", named as such because it was once a major economical and convenient world for passing through worlds, a sort of crossroads for the dimensional worlds at large, at least before the worlds were sealed off. The records of why the world was renamed as such are in the town library, but are in the very bottom of the reference basement. It's mostly forgotten why the world was named as it was, but some people have it garbled and passed down through word of mouth. The town itself is an extremely tight-knit community, sometimes strangers popping from nowhere and being accepted into the commune of Rencaile, the name of the town. Approximately ninety to a hundred miles southwest is the city Peadean, another community nearly identical to the one at Rencaile. Really, though, Rencaile is on the outskirts of the continent itself, and thus, you can reach the beach from the various forms of primitive public transport, or simply walk there. There is indeed a train connecting the towns together, and it takes a general path amongst the towns, refueling in Rencaile, which is its fifth stop on the list.

Important Geographical/Landmark locations:

Library:The town library is five stories, one of the highest buildings ever made in Rencaile, and thus receives a good amount of tourism, as well architects come to see as how it was constructed, the artificer who did construct it being long dead.

Rexac's Mansion: Known as an extreme eccentric amongst the people, he still warned them of whenever a natural disaster was on the way, somehow simply knowing. He was reputed to have dabbled in the dark arts, and was avoided because of this rumor. He was one of the many golem tinkerers going around, except he usually held up his permanent residence. There are multiple golems wandering around the halls of the mansion, which has several sub-basements, built by the man himself and his golems. Rexac reportedly died of a heart attack a few months back, and there was a brief ceremony. Several thieves, as well as aspiring artificers plunder the depths of the mansion, having not found an end to the multitudes of use/ful/less devices they find within the halls of the mansion. Beware, though, for the golems take no friendly notice of thieves.

Lucid's Workshop: Lucid, usually called Cid by the locals, is a slightly off individual, being extremely intelligent, but particular about things. The man himself has constant tics, and his golems are reputed to be slightly sentient, and their emotions are hurt whenever he works on anything else, or at least that's what Lucid says. Lucid is constantly looking for new ideas, and loves to discuss things with kids, as they usually have even crazier ideas than he does, and that usually lends to a leap of technology in Rencaile.

Al Kupone's Potion Shop: The manager of the potion shop likes to pretend that he's doing shady business, but he's far too honest to be doing such things, he hasn't told a lie since he was born. A gifted alchemist, he constantly dabbles in potions for those with higher expectations of the world, who patiently bear his "shady" banter for his valuable potions, all of differing strengths and effects, but all extremely useful.

Seraphil's Armor and Weapons: Often regarded by the public to be insane, he's a good natured person usually, but apparently thinks that the entire world is a sort of fool's game, and he should be an important character in it, but he keeps muttering stuff about 'Enpeesii'. Noone knows what he's talking about, but while he's insane, he makes excellent ornamental armor and weapons. After all, no mantlepiece is complete without a scimitar or a greatsword placed upon it.

Job Board: The teenagers of the town generally take up the tasks on the Job Board, as more and more tasks are submitted each day, sometimes menial things such as pierce into the Mansion's second subbasement to retrieve something. Usually filled with fun, and adventure for the usuallly menial lives of the teenagers.

Current Available Jobs:

Certain Scroll: I need a scroll from Rexac's Mansion for... Yano, the gang, Kupo. It's for the good of them poor fellows, Kupo. I know it's there because Rexac had all sorts of weird stuff, Kupo. It should be on them second floor of that mansion, Kupo. Do it for the boys, Kupo. -Kupone

New Technology: Wellya got me here. I needs somethin from thar Youngstahs. It seems me Guardian wandered off, and ah can't find him. More details if ya exceptionates the job. -Lucid

Library Research: I know it's boring, young'uns, but It's something te do. Ye Young'uns can get things better than I can, and yeh can also read without trouble. -Duncan, Library Head

..::[Potion Shop]::..

You may Currently have a Maximum of 10 potions.

[dohtml]
<table border=1>

<tr><td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">Potion</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">100 Munny</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">Cures 1d8 + 2 worth of Hit Points. (Standard action that provokes an AoO)</td></tr>

<tr><td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">High Potion</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">250 Munny</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">Cure 2d8 + 2 Hit Points. (Standard action that provokes an AoO)</td></tr>

<tr><td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">Max Potion</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">500 Munny</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">Cure 3d8 + 2 Hit Points. (Standard action that provokes an AoO)</td></tr>

<tr><td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">Jump Potion</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">100 Munny
</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">+10 to Jump checks for 2 minutes.</td></tr>

<tr><td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">Deflect</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">100 Munny
</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">+4 armor bonus to AC for 2 hours.</td></tr>

<tr>
<td style="width: 100px; vertical-align: top;">Invisibility</td><td style="width: 75px; vertical-align: top;">2000 Munny
</td><td style="width: 300px; vertical-align: top;">Invisible for 2 minutes or until attacking.</td></tr>

</table>
[/dohtml]
... Kingdom Hearts... ugh.

Well, since I'll just be a lowly player, guess there's no reason not to jump in. You know me; I don't use any crazy classes or races.

It would be nice if you diversified the races a little, though. Elves and Orcs wouldn't have the alterations they did unless the Wizard Who Lives By The Coast wanted to let you tweak your starting stats a little from the very start.
Yawn. I guess I'll annoy Eon with this...

I assume point buy is the same?
Yes, except it's 32 point buy.
Very well.

Basic Data
Name: Set Bartrig, the Manticore
Class: Rogue/Swashbuckler
Level: 1/1
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Neutral/Lawful
Religion / Patron Deity:
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 168 lb

Character Description:

Ability Mods and Stats:
HP = 8
STR = 8 (-1)
DEX = 16 (+3)
CON = 10 (0)
INT = 16 (+3)
WIS = 16 (+3)
CHA = 8 (-1)
Base Speed: 30
Initiative Mod = +3
Grapple Mod = 1 + (-1) + 0 = 0
Base Attack Bonus = 1

Weapons:
Fake Rapier: 1d6, 18-20 x2

Saving Throws:
Fortitude = 2 + 0
Reflex = 2 + 3
Will = 0 + 3

Armor Class:
AC = 14
Touch AC = 13
Flat Footed AC = 11

Skills: ((8 + 3) x 4 + 4 = 48 Points @ 1/1)

Quote ()

Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Str (-1):
Climb
Jump
Swim
Dex (+3):
Balance
Escape Artist
Hide
Move Silently
Open Lock: 4
Ride
Sleight of Hand
Tumble: 4
Use Rope
Con (+0):
Concentration
Int (+3)
Appraise
Craft
Decipher Script
Disable Device: 4
Forgery
Knowledge
Search: 4
Spellcraft
Wis (+3):
Heal
Listen: 4
Profession
Sense Motive: 4
Spot: 4
Survival
Cha (+0):
Bluff: 4
Diplomacy: 4
Disguise: 4
Gather Information: 4
Handle Animal
Intimidate: 4
Performance
Use Magic Device

Class Abilities:
Swashbuckler:

Quote ()

Grace +N
Insightful Strike
Dodge Bonus +N
Acrobatic Charge
Improved Flanking
Lucky
Acrobatic Skill Mastery
Weakening Critical
Slippery Mind
Wounding Critical

Rogue:

Quote ()

Sneak attack +Nd6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap sense +N
Uncanny dodge

Feats: (1 + 1)
Weapon Finesse *
Dodge
Combat Reflexes

Gear: (1200 munny)
Padded Armor
Traveler's Clothes
Fake Rapier
Cure Light Wounds Potion X 3: 300 munny
Cure Moderate Wounds Potion X 2: 500 munny
Mage Armor Potion X 3: 300 munny
Jump Potion X 1: 100 munny

Carrying Capacity:
Currently used =
Light @ 26 lb. or less
Medium @ 27-53 lb.
Heavy @ 54-80 lb.

Languages:
Common

Background:

Personality:

Spells Known: NONE
Meh....Maybe. I'm so bored I may just do this. Basic Kingdom Hearts storyline vaulted into the future?
...I'm bit confused on how I can apply to this >____>;;
Simply make a character.

If you require help, I can help.
Character: Asura
Job: Knight (?)
Radiel
Elan
Swash/Fig
True Neutral

8 HP

Str 12 [+1]
Dex 18 [+4]
Con 10 [+0]
Int 14 [+2]
Wis 8 [-1]
Cha 14 [+2]

Ref 2+5=6
Fort 2+0=2
Will 0-1=-1

Skill points 4+2=6 per level

Jump 4+1=5
Tumble 4+4=8
Diplomacy 4+2=6
Bluff 4+2=6
Balance 4+4=8
Climb 4+1=5
Search 3+2=5

Weapon Finesse
Point Blank Shot
Two-Weapon Fighting
Quick Draw
Dodge

[note to self: Mobility, Shot on the Run]

Armor Class:
10+4(dex)+1(dodge)+1(armor)=16

Attacks:

Unarmed: +2, 1d2+1 nonlethal, x2
Daggers: +6, 1d4+1 nonlethal, 19-20x2
Double Daggers: +4/+4, 1d4+1 nonlethal, 19-20x2
Fake Rapier: +6, 1d6 nonlethal, 18-20x2

Amorous:
This character recieves -4 to Sense Motives against Bluff and Diplomacy checks by characters that fit his sexual preference.

Posessions:
Whittled stick (4 lbs)
Padded Armor (10 lbs)
Commoner's Clothing (2 lbs)
Fake daggers x2 (1/2 lb)
Potion
Deflect Potion

MAX LOAD: 43/86/130

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Radiel doesn't know where he's coming from, where he's going, or even much about who he is; his memories stop at some indeterminable point in his past. For as long as he can remember (and he doesn't even know how far back that is), he's lived in an orphanage, and has been sneaking out almost every night. He doesn't even know why he's there, and has never been able to gather his courage, swallow his pride, and ask. Or maybe he did once, and just forgot: On top of not knowing who he is, Radiel has bad memory in general. As a matter of fact, for all he knows, he may have made the name Radiel up for himself.

He is accepting of his lot in life; after all, he has a place to eat and sleep comfortably and enjoys the place he lives greatly, so his lack of an identity has never really caused him much anguish. He makes friends easily, and when there are none for him, he amuses himself by exploring the town from another angle: From above. As far back as he can remember (which isn't saying much,) Radiel has been climbing walls, trees, cliffs, houses, and pretty much anything he can get his hands on. Some of the locals know him as a delinquent and a pest, but he steers clear of them mostly anyway, and has never been known to do anything illegal. The people at the orphanage hate this, but they are obliged to take him in every time he returns.

Outgoing and friendly, Radiel is quick to make friends, and always tries to avoid the subject of himself, although he doesn't fight it very hard. Most people, he has found, do not judge him based on his homeless status, and on occasion he can even be found doing part-time jobs around town to make money for himself.

Radiel puts great value on his friends. After all, they're all he has. His blue eyes, feathery blonde hair, and thin frame all seem to come to life just for whatever girl seems to want to hang out today.

Radiel wears a floppy piece of red cloth around his neck as a neck warmer under a black collared shirt, and then has a rather heavy grey jacket over that, enlarging his shoudlers as the collar doesn't quite fit around the stuff on his neck. Fastened by a belt are a pair of extremely beaten canvas pants, to which are affixed a pair of knee braces. If asked, Radiel says that he wears the braces because he's afraid he'll blow out his knees doing something dumb someday. Most people don't doubt this. He usually rolls one sleeve up, and ties ribbons around his ankles and wrists, which he claims all have sentimental value, though he never says why.

These clothes are almost all that he's ever seen wearing, and he tells people that it's because he takes them off and washes them whenever they get dirty. They dont' stink particularly, but they do smell very much like Radiel. He always swings around a long stick that he has spent untold hours of his life whittling. He doesn't tell anyone how long it took, or how many times he had to start over, but he has managed to carve what must have once been a very large stick into a sword with a blunt tip (so that it doesn't break), complete with a hilt and counterbalance. He also carries two smaller pieces of wood whittled into the shapes of smaller daggers. His skill with whittling is modest at best, which makes these feats all the more impressive-- well, for him.
Here's what I got so far...I'd like someone to look the mechanics over and see if it is correct.

Basic Data
Name: Xander Montriale
Class: Fighter/Ranger
Alignment: Neutral/Good
Religion / Patron Deity:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180lbs

Character Description:
Hair Color: Jet black
Hair Style: Shoulder length ponytail
Eye Color: Emerald green
Build: Solid
Clothes: Black pants with a dark green shirt, fingerless gloves, black leather belt and black boots.

Ability Mods and Stats:
HP = 8
STR = 10 (+0)
DEX = 18 (+4)
CON = 10 (+0)
INT = 13 (+1)
WIS = 10 (+0)
CHA = 14 (+2)

Initiative Mod = +8
Grapple Mod = +0
Base Attack Bonus = +1

Weapons: Broom Handle(Rapier) ~ 1d6 x4 Blunt

Saving Throws:
Fortitude = 2 + 0
Reflex = 2 + 4
Will = 0 + 0

Armor Class:
AC = 15
Touch AC = 14
Flat Footed AC = 11

Skills: ((6 + 1) x 4 + 4 = 32

Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str), Concentration (Con), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).

Str (+0):
Climb
Jump
Swim
Dex (+4):
Balance
Escape Artist
Hide: 4 + 4
Move Silently: 4 + 4
Open Lock:
Ride
Sleight of Hand
Tumble:
Use Rope: 4 + 4
Con (+0):
Concentration
Int (+1):
Appraise
Craft
Decipher Script
Disable Device:
Forgery
Knowledge(Nature): 4 + 1
Search: 4 + 1
Spellcraft
Wis (+0):
Heal
Listen: 4 + 0
Profession
Sense Motive:
Spot:
Survival
Cha (+2):
Bluff:
Diplomacy:
Disguise:
Gather Information:
Handle Animal: 4 + 2
Intimidate: 4 + 2
Performance:
Use Magic Device

Class Abilities:

Fighter:
Bonus Feat(Weapon Focus)

Ranger:
Favored Enemy(Animal)
Track
Wild Empathy

Feats: (3)
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus(Rapier)
Improved Initiative

Gear: (1,500 Munny)
Padded Armor
Explorer's Clothes
A broom handle

Carrying Capacity:
Currently used =
Light @ 33lbs. or less
Medium @ 34-66lbs.
Heavy @ 67-100lbs.

Languages:
Common

Background:

Personality:

Spells Known: NONE
I have to object to Jumping and Invisibility. Potions like that, for so cheap, make a monkey character like me worthless all of a sudden. Those Potions are also ludicrously cheap.
Augh, Count me in..... dear god this will be a nightmare

Basic Data
Name: Ryan Araoean
Class: Rogue/Fighter
Alignment: Neutral/Evil
Religion / Patron Deity:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180lbs

Initiative Mod = +8
Grapple Mod = +0
Base Attack Bonus = +1

HP: 8?
Str: 13 +1 Stat modifier
Dex: 16 +3
Con: 10 +0
Int: 15 +2
Wisdom: 11 +0
Charisma: 12 +1

Skill points=
(8 + 2) ×4 +4= 44 Skill points 1st lvl

8+2+1 every other level

Appraise-4
Gather Information-4
Balance-4
Hide-4
Disable Device-4
Move Silently-4
Disguise-4
Open Lock-4
Escape Artist-4
Sleight of Hand-4
Pickpocket-4

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Feats:
Enduarance
Diehard
Deft hands

Carrying weight:
Light 50 lb. or less
Medium:51-100 lb.
Heavy:101-150 lb.

1500 munny

Armor: padded armor
Clothing: Clothing which blends in easily in any home. (I COULD go into a description but so help me all imagination has died in the wave of mathematical terror)

Added stats based on armor

Padded
Cost: 5 gp
Armor shield bonus:1
Maximum dex bonus: 8
Armor check penalty:0
Weight: 10 lb.
As a balancing issue, I have reduced the starting munnies you get, as to disallow you from getting huge amounts of potions right off the bat.

On the upside, some important locations are up!

Seraphil sells wooden/plastic/flimsy versions of the original to underaged kids, (under 25) which you should all be. The flimsy versions do nonletha/subdual damage instead of lethal damage with normal attacks. On the plus side, they weigh 1/4 their normal weight.

The armor is likewise, and gives 1/3 its bonus, with 1/3 the armor check penalties, and 1/4 the weight.

All the items sold by Seraphil are their normal gold*250, which equals their munny.
Name: Cain (no family name)
Race: Elan
Class: Scout/Caller
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
HP: 8 (Hit-die D6)
AC: 13

Str:10
Dex:14
Con:14
Wis:16
Int:10
Chr:14

Saves:
Fort: 2
Reflex: 4
Will: 5

Base Attack Bonus:0

Feats:
1:Run
2:Dodge
3:Mobility

8 Skills
Bluff:4+2
Diplomacy:4+2
Heal:4+3
Survival:2+3
Sense Motive:4+3
Hide:4+2
Jump:4
Concentration:2+2
Listen:4+3(+1)

Equipment:
Munny:800(was 1200)
2 Potions
2 Deflects
Padded Armor (10)
Can I get a real quarterstaff(is normally free because it is easy to find)? 4

Class Abilities:
Skirmish:+1d6
Find Traps
Know Sound
Voice of Striking(1d4, 5')
Question.

Would throwing rocks be considered improvised slings, daggers, or what?

EDIT: And how much do fake weapons and armor cost?
I already posted both.

Now, with the slight absence of Pally, who will be joining shortly, we'll begin the campaign.

Hopefully you have at least a slight idea of who you are.

Demon still needs to correct his munny, as well as his pots.
Plots? Eh?

And no one's helped me with mah monnies. ;~;
Potions.

And sorry, I don't know yer monies. D:

Quote (Demonstar)

Plots? Eh?

And no one's helped me with mah monnies. ;~;

Ask Pally. I lack books. Er, should just be starting x 10.

And uh, we got a time frame? Aaaaaaaand, how much would a fake rapier and dagger cost?