Pokemon.

The "legit" discussion: How hacked is TOO hacked?

DON'T DISCUSS.

Anyone have one of those shinies?

Quote (Fatal Horizon)

Meh...if you do ever cheat on a video game, use action replay. game shark destroys your game.

Also, my Arceus, Darkrai, shaymin, and manaphy are all semi-legit. what i mean by that is that my friend hacked my game to give me the items to unlock those pokemon and I did the rest of the work(catching them.)

yeah, that'd be legit lol. you caught them in the way you were supposed to catch them, doesn't matter how you got the item to trigger the event. I wish there was a way to get them in-game tho.
If you have one of the first 2000 or so Japanese version games, there's a glitch that lets you legitimately catch them without even hacking the item.
yeah. it's a glitch where you can surf on the elite 4 rooms. you can skip the elite 4 by doing a version of this glitch.
I need to shark/PAR myself some shiny female ponytas that know double stomp...
I am looking for a shiny version of the following: Eevee, Combee (Female), Rotom, or Feebas!
Please! I'd even accept a hacked one at this point! I'd even trade my legit mew for it!
i don't make goals of finding shinies. Getting them are bonuses, nothing more.
When I get a Shiny, I immediately make room for it in my party. Even if I have the same Pokemon non-shiny at a higher level, I'll just level it up 'till it matches or exceeds.

Kinds like when I saw the Red Gyarados for the first time in Crystal (or Gold, can't remember which, think it was Crystal). I got it 7 more levels so it matched my ordinary Gyarados.
the only non-red gyarados shiny pokemon i ever got was a tentacool....= i didn't use it.

on a side note, Giratina was easier to catch than Azelf...
Friend gave me a shiny ditto
Once again, I am forced to say that shinies are pointless. It's like finding a rare variant cover of a comic book, except they aren't worth anything. Natures, personality, breeding...These mean something in the world of Pokemon. Color variations are just random chance with little meaning other than being able to say, "Oooh! My Charizard is black! Lolololololololololzzzzz!!!!!"
Well, my opinion on Shinies are that while they don't have any mechanical advantages, they give you bragging rights.

Which sounds better?

Oooh, my Rotom has an Adamant Nature!

or...

Oooh, my Rotom is Shiny!
Adamant nature. Saying "Oooh, my Rotom is Shiny!" makes you sound like a child.

How's this for a comparison:

Ooh, this quarter I found is a rare mint from the 1800s and worth over five thousand dollars!

or

Ooh, this quarter is shiny!
Legit Shinies never survive in the uber nerdy Pokemon competitive scene, due to how you lack control over their IVs and Nature.

For this purposes, they're just eye candy that I'll throw away into some decrepit box and promptly forget about.

Overrated. It's comparable to having a vintage car that you can never drive because it's too slow on the road; you can flaunt it to your friends but you'll sure as hell lose in a race.

For the record, saying "I have a "Modest MaxSpAtk CGMence Sweeper" is far better grounds for bragging then an altered colour scheme pokemon that will most certainly be stuck in Underused play (Rotom).
BWAHA!
My pokemon journey starts... NOW!
I'll train more, like till the end of school before giving my friend code to you guys.

<_<
Okay, so I lied, I really don't have Pokemon yet.
I saw a shiney suiccune...but I K.O'd it by accident so I hackedi n a non-shiney that had substitute
As far as I know, you can't hack the game to get shinies. unless somone can prove me wrong...

But I'm itching for a fight. If somone wouldlike to battle me, just post here or PM me and tell me if you want me to use my lv.100 team or my lv.51-58 team.
Well then Zal, Shinies are usually just eye-candy, but sometimes you get lucky. My bud ended up getting master balls in trading some shinies, and caught a pair of shiny Eevee after about say..........1000-2000 attempts, and promptly used Master Balls to do so(which would be one reason some might call hax, but I digress). Here's the kicker: They're both Bold. Now, one's first conclusion is to call hax on it, which is reasonable. However, I've seen this with my own eyes, so while some might call me a liar, I don't care, and will be using my Shiny Umbreon to assist in my domination of my fellow players in friendly battle. : D
I have a buttload of ralts eggs if anybody wants one.....like 9 or so.....
I gotta know, where is everyone getting or making these trainer ID cards!? I want one too!