Wondering if anyone cared

I was considering making a little spriting contest. Obviously there's not much I can do in the way of prizes, but you would get bragging rights and stuff. If anyone else has ideas for prizes then tell me.

All the spriting would be megaman related, and anyone can join, even if they aren't any good. Would anyone join if I did?
I cant sprite well. I dunno if someone will. Possibly Lego, but he's busy with my sprites (I hope at least) that I asked for. There used to be alot of spritist action but it has all died down. Just wait and hope ^^.
Well even if you suck, you could join. Most of it wouldn't be custom, alot of it would be editing. Even C+P's and recolors could work.
I'd join.
Awesome. Not to be rude, but are you any good at it?
We once had a spriting contest on our old forum. I won once. Me and Legoroy tend to see each other as opponents in spriting. I haven't done it a lot recently, but this might be what I need to get my spark going again.
I'll join. I made two pretty good edits out of an Elipzo sprite a while ago. There were a few other good ones I made too.
Awesome. Maybe we could get like 8 people, then we'd be good. Any less, and I'll wing it. But this is great, I've got two yesses in like 3 1/2 minutes. That's pretty good.

As for me- I consider myself okay, I like edits alot better than scratches.Some good ones I've made were A Megaman Gatesoul, and a Samus.EXE. That was a long time ago so I don't remember what else I did. One thing I remember from an old site was modifying Metools, and I wanna do that at one point.
Gah! *Knocks self on head* I should have made my Design contest with sprites. Still on but I dont know If I should add that clause now @_@
Well I'm tryin to think. I'm going on vacation a week from Tuesday, so if its not done by then, I forfeight automatically. Heres what you gotta do.

Say your name and that you are entering.
Give any suggestions for cool ideas for challenges/categories.
If possible, say what you'll probably be using. I'm goin with MS Paint. Obviously Photoshop, etc will give an advantage, but I don't mind if everyone just uses whatever they want.
And make sure you know that any sprites you need are available at sprites-inc.co.uk

Quote (Shuryou)

We once had a spriting contest on our old forum. I won once. Me and Legoroy tend to see each other as opponents in spriting. I haven't done it a lot recently, but this might be what I need to get my spark going again.

Arr! Yaharr har arr! Arr. Err...

*trys to look smart*

*phails*

*jaw-dropping*

Nope, I stand no chance whatsoever. Here are my best attempts at spriting:

*phails more than lego, who doesn't fail*
Phoinex, I actually think some of yours are better. Anyway, I'm counting both of those as applications.
>: D
REALLY?!?!?! Which ones did you like?

Phoenix - the dude with the red scarf and red Inuyasha-style pants.
Epsilon - the blue guy with a bad hair day.
Banzai Boy - The recolored Samus with Tail's head and one tail.
Blackhawk - the short guy with the black feathey wings.
Blue Star: The blue Roll with big hair.
Terminus: The floating red cloak.
Nibbles: White Knux with Cream's head.
Hellboy: the recolored Young Link with devil wings.

Which ones did you like? And I'm submitting them for your contest-thingy. I may edit my submission as time goes by with a few other sprites, but we'll have to see.
Blue Star FTW.

>:3 LION!
BLue Star and the Bunny dude are cool.

And it doesn't work that way. You gotta do sprites for the contest. No using sprites you alreeady had, otherwise you coulda been working on it for years.
Well, okay. I'm currently working on more Blue Stars, both because lego seems to like her, and because she's my best sprite in my opinion.
Arr... so that means a new one is needed.

Tally whore! What, what!
What?