What to do to our characters?

Even though I backed up all my stuff, I'm probably going full new; here's my reasoning. Although I really did love RPing as Don and DimensionMan, starting over with DimensionMan would be boring as mess. I didn't dislike any of my sigs, so I'd pretty much be redoing all of the same things I'd already done for several months. Looking at it from that perspective, RPing would be more of a chore than a pleasure. I also like the idea of taking on a fresh character idea. My new characters will be entirely different from Don and DimensionMan (well, Don anyways), so it's going to really be a new challenge for me.

I wouldn't want to be stronger than everyone else who reset because it would make getting crosses a bit of a hassle, and additionally... well, DimensionMan wouldn't really fit in as part of the uppercrust, you know? The overconfidence stik doesn't exactly work if you're more powerful than most other navis.

So basically, I've decided to start over, regardless of what others are thinking of doing. I'm not keeping my old stuff either, since it wouldn't make sense for a new navi to have it. Rebirth rules and so forth.
I would be a alot easier it would, if we just started over. I agree with AimMan. It is going to be BORING! Which is why I am starting it over. Mer.
I, for one, would like to start over. I was a long time player since almost the very beginning of RE:CN, but after the 'accidents', decided it was time to just take a break.

It would be nice if I could just start over again. (which I've already done, so this acutally doesn't really matter ^^)
If you want my humble opinion. This is a new board, new life breathed into it, devoid of the flaws that held it back in its initial stage. A full reboot would be the perfect start. Keep basic character info, but start fresh. I dont know how things have changed in my absence, but thats my 2 cents.
It sounds like it's already been decided.

YEs, we're fixing RECN's flaws, but we're also letting people that were on it keep a little bit of what they had. See the announcements board for the list of things you can get...

and you can only get two of the options.
I've just thought of something.

This is a good time to close all of our plotholes and then start again. I know I plan to close Toshokan's plotholes and then ditch him forever for the far better thought-out Titania/Oberon. The Operator would still be a blatant self-insertion with my middle name.

Wouldn't it be interesting to say that this RP picks up a short time after the events of the original? Many of us are getting massive drops in power anyway, so it would make sense to have a totally new cast and premise. It would also give us time to use our old characters as central NPCs, put focus back on a large story event, and generally get things under control.
Wait, but I kept American and Bo. But just reset them. Would that mean I would be one of the only characters that stayed?
Lol... way I figure it, a lot of people kept their characters.... which meannnsssss that they just keep going on like they were supposed to. Cept like ATrus suggested, they would know everybody they already talked to unless specified not to by either you or the person you once "knew".
Wes and Soulman, Leon and Ayumi. We both kept our originals.

Way I see it, this takes place several 'years' later, right? Let's say you stopped talking for whatever reason at the end of the last chapter...

Who knows what a few years would do to a navi's/persons looks? You wouldn't even recognize them. Also, their personalities could have drastically changed as well. So yeah.

Although Wes and I are playing it like we've never met before. And Ayumi and Leon are slightly different from before.
What about the power losses and unfinished stories? Not to mention the discepancy between people acting like they've jumped forward 5 years, and the people who go back to what they were doing as if nothing happened.