DRAGONS? IN MAH RP?

On the subject of Dragon Riders. . .

Will Dragon Rider's have completely seperate stats? Like, will they have classes and triangles, and fighting ability?

Also, will they have seperate amounts of health? And will they be targetable by enemies, to terminate both Dragon and rider through the death of the weaker one. (Obviously Dragon should try to defend its rider, but just wondering.)

Or are they truly like Net-ops, with little use in battle, and the fantastic ability to enter stores and buy stuff?

Also, will the bonuses you get from having one increase with their level? You did say that they would level, so if it isn't that, then what does their leveling do?

And as I have so many questions, there aren't many specefic comments that I can make. The stats that you gave bonuses to do make sense. Also, it makes sense that their stats would gain bonuses. The symbiosis thing works well, and the new Market access helps. (though that leads me to wonder if you'll make a new area in the RP boards for human cities)

And those are all my Questions and Comments on the Dragon Riders.
There's diffrent ways he can do it with riders.

HP:
He can have them both normal pools. Like a 100 for the rider per 700 the dragon.

He can have an extended pool for the rider, like half the dragon's max HP.

Or both dragon and rider can share an HP pool, like in dragon rider games with a symboiant relationship.
Bah...I came up with a good system, but I couldn't get on the computer yesterday to post it....

Anyway, I don't have the full thing I typed up, but here is a basic summary.

Point Allocation System! It's a little complicated, but allows for a ton of customization. Basically, each PC gets 5 points to start with and gains 1 point for each level. You place these points into different stat areas to customize your dragon.

Dragon Stats:

HP: Starts at 50. Gragon gains +50HP per point allocated.

Attk: Your dragon's attack power. This is the DMG that your dragon deal with each regular attack. Starts at 10 and gains +5 for every point allocated.

Breath: In my idea, that dragon's breath attack deals DMG equal to half(rounded down) of their attack stat. This DMG can also inflict a status effect. This stat effects the amount of targets that a breath attack can hit. It starts at 2 targets and every 2 points allocated increases this by 1. ((Depending on how powerful this becomes, we may want to give breath attacks a cooldown or something))

Speed: Actions per round. Starts at 3 or so...I'm not sure how you want to increase this, or even IF you want to...But I figure five points allocated to increase the number of actions.

Rider Stats:

Rider stats will be changed depending on the dragon's stats. This is based on the symbiotic relationship between them. Rider stats are mainly for missions where they are not riding their dragons and are forced to fight on their own.

HP: 1/10 of the dragon's HP. ((Dragon has 500HP, Rider has 50)

Attack: 1/10. (Dragon has 50 Attk, Rider deals 5 DMG)

Breath: Not a true Breath attack, but whatever. The rider gains a special attack that does damage equal to his attack power(1/10 the Dragon's attack stat). He can target the same number of opponents that the dragon can.

Speed: Equal to dragon's speed, though while riding, I think they should only get 1 action a turn. Of course, we can agument this later))

As for magic....I have no idea. I'm not sure of what you want to do with it, but if you give me some examples I'll try and come up with something. I also think that the rider's should have some sort of special abilities(Read: SigAttk) that they can use while riding their dragons. We could also have different weapons that increase their attack power while riding....
@ Zolem:
Fire is produced by a few things.
One: Magic. Booooring and not really true.
Two: Science! The dragon has gases and liquids in its stomach that help it to fly (like helium). To produce flame, it regurgitates the air, and there is a small flap on the neck that has a sort of spark-striker-thing. The sparker ignites the gases, which produces flame that can be guided by a dragon's tongue and mouth. Some liquids might come out too (nasty D: ).

@ Zan: That is a good system...
I may end up using it, but for new, it does sorta screw with my system.
All of it... D:

@ Lux/Jcc: Will Dragon Rider's have completely seperate stats? Like, will they have classes and triangles, and fighting ability?
I don't really think so: see Zan's post, really. And no, no different triangles. Well, I may do the offense/defense/accuracy thing. But not much else...
This will be complicated. XD

Also, will they have seperate amounts of health? And will they be targetable by enemies, to terminate both Dragon and rider through the death of the weaker one. (Obviously Dragon should try to defend its rider, but just wondering.)
Yes. Dragon and rider may be targeted...see Zan's post...fuck it, I'm using his. XD

Or are they truly like Net-ops, with little use in battle, and the fantastic ability to enter stores and buy stuff?
Nahhh. They do damage, etc. They're just more charismatic. ^^

Also, will the bonuses you get from having one increase with their level? You did say that they would level, so if it isn't that, then what does their leveling do?
Zan's post. >_>
That answer your q's?
Heh...

At first thought, I figure that the rider would be fairly useless in mounted combat, with the dragon doing to real attacking. This is why they only have 1 action while in the air. Of course, I figure they would take more of a support role with special abilities that enhance their dragon or perhaps they can gain special weapons that would allow them to harm the enemy forces...I.E. Lances, magic swords....Enchanted crossbows...

Quote (Hiko)

@ Zolem:
Fire is produced by a few things.
One: Magic. Booooring and not really true.
Two: Science! The dragon has gases and liquids in its stomach that help it to fly (like helium). To produce flame, it regurgitates the air, and there is a small flap on the neck that has a sort of spark-striker-thing. The sparker ignites the gases, which produces flame that can be guided by a dragon's tongue and mouth. Some liquids might come out too (nasty D: ).

I watched the Discovery Chanel's special on 'real' dragons. Teh 'sparker' was made of platinum and they combined two reactive liquids that when the platinum was introduced caused them to spew fire.

Ice can be produced by having two liquids that are normaly room temperature but freeze when mixed together. There are plenty of reactins like this in chemestry.
Yeah, that pretty much answers all my questions. Thanks. Although, since you answered most of them with Zan's post, I think I should probably thank him for the answers just as much as you. :lol:

Anyways, I think the system looks pretty good. The whole weapons to damage in combat, and giving them a seperate action (or actions) seems like it would make them far more fun and useful.

And I'd vote yes for the possible "Rider Buffs: Attack or Defense or Accuracy" triangle thing, as it gives them a little more variety statistic wise.

Thanks, again. That's all I have to say for now.

Good luck.

Hiko, email me with what you want for the magic/special ability stuff and I'll see what I can come up with.

And personally...I like the idea of dragons that spit lightning, but that's just my opinion.
RULES EDITED
Stats
Leveling Up
Dying (in a bit anyways, I'm posting itttt)
Character Sheet in registration

Well, the last two are soon to come anyways.
LIST OF EDITS:
Signatures
Guide to Good RP'ing (not really just a simple thing)
Dying/Collapsing/Fleeing
Breathing Dragons
Dragon Riders
Levels and What They Do
Stats and You
Classes: The Triangles of Power

It's looking better and better.
Good job, Zan~ I look forward to you RP'ing. >:3
On those NPCS: No, not enemies, unless you wanna make them enemies.

It would add new places, and even a whole faction in there. And a couple of elite squads.

Mainly, the group of 8 (4 dragons 4 riders) is what I wanted to give you.
Talk to me somewhere else private where we can go into detail at length.
>>
Got a gmail? AIM?

ANYWAYS.
LOOK AT THE FORUM.
IT HAS NEW ICONS YES YES.
>:3
Now, for Zero to get the banner...>_>
UPDATES
-Forums: See the whole damn thing, I put in new areas
-Plot: See rules

Good so far?
I have a Gmail, and if you cant figure it out then your not worth the semi-sue pwnage

I also have an MSN (commondragon@aol.com) from when I had AOL.
I sent you a chat invite, GTFO to gmail.
Now you're advertising on your Dev acount?

Quote (Zolem)

Now you're advertising on your Dev acount?

Why yes.
(:3
No, I am the walrus.
BANNER
=
COMPLETE
:3

I'm taking a bit of a break on the RP-makin'. I'll leave that up to my Norse friend. >_>
<__<
I'M NOT LAZY, I JUST THINK I HAVE CARPAL TUNNEL XD
Hey Hiko, you can always put that faction to the deep SOUTH

there has to be two poles, right?
>>
YES BUT IT'S NOT LAND LOLOLOL
Looks like this

Land Of Westness_______Land of North-East
______________________Land of Eastness
OCEAN LOL
that's about it. >_>