Modlocks

Idea: Modlocks can have either two mods or a backup mod

Reason: Mods have lives, can be busy, can have writers block, etc etc. Multiple/backup mods can be an option to prevent the stagnation that often comes with modlocks.
Note: Not any mod in particular. I've done these sorts of things with modlocks, I've had it happen to me, it's happened with others. The Great Net War was important enough that the mods ASSIGNED backups, but an option for them in day-to-day modlocks would be nonetheless appreciated.

Pros:
-Less waiting in modlocks
-Not required
-Allows for mods to have writers block, lives, and business.

Cons:
-Mod coordination on complex storylines would not be able to work with the backup system. Single modding on complex storylines would either remain single, or would have to be explained to the second mod.
-Custom enemies, same as the custom storylines.

Superfluous, and definitely influenced by my current mindset, but it's a mindset we've all had from time to time. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
I agree with this entirely, clearly not because of any bias or anything. ;~;

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

<shot>
The cons represent majorly why our current system to do just this is flawed to such an extent that you would bring this up as if we need the replacement. Basically, mods have to write up mission summaries, enemy sheets, settings, and anything else related to the battle in order to transfer modship of a complex mission. At the same time, however, many mods don't want to moderate a battle unless it is complex to this extent. You can't ask them to give up complex battles, so the most you can ask for them to do is write up that information when they are to be replaced. Under this new system of having the backups, you'd pretty much need the information written up beforehand to ensure that the backups were doing anything at all, because otherwise the hand-off could not be done any more quickly; the time saved finding the backup mods is wasted again as they wait for others to get relevant info in order.

My thinking is that we already pretty much do this, just without backups being named beforehand. Having the mods designated beforehand probably wouldn't do anything much.

I'm also writing this assuming that you know already that you can ask for a mod swap.

Quote (Aim)

I'm also writing this assuming that you know already that you can ask for a mod swap.

Mod swaps yes, but... what about less mod SWAPS, and more mod "help me out this one time, bro"s.

Keep the regular mod, get modded by another guy every now and again.
But in order to enforce this for every mission you would require mandatory mission write-ups, which is more of a strain on those that would give missions. I'd estimate missions would take longer to get started because of that.

Quote (Aim)

But in order to enforce this for every mission you would require mandatory mission write-ups, which is more of a strain on those that would give missions. I'd estimate missions would take longer to get started because of that.

I see your point.