General Balance

I think we should have a topic for this. Other topics (such as the signature discussion thread) have been littered by balance discussions already, so now I'm opening this for the greater good, and to keep things clean. Since I did not consult with the rest of the dev team, it may or may not be closed at the end of the day :'D

What this topic is and isn't:

Should you think you have found anything that is too strong/weak, you may post here. However, this is not primarily a topic for discussing that imbalance or how to fix it. You may give your suggestions for that in your post, and you may even react to others posts, but under no circumstances go off topic. Think of it mainly as a place to report things and not discuss; should there be a need for it, I'm sure there will be a topic opened for that purpose. I'd rather not have any discussion because the devteam may or may not already have planned something that solves the imbalance you are trying to solve.

When you post, try to reason. You think elec element navis are weak? Alright, but WHY?

Examples:

Quote (GOOD)

I think elec elemental navis are slightly weaker than the other elemental types, because they have no multihits, which is the main reason for taking an element. Maybe introduce a new multihit chip that is elec element?

Quote (BAD)

Quote (GOOD)

I think elec elemental navis are slightly weaker than the other elemental types, because they have no multihits, which is the main reason for taking an element.

lul, u suck, elec is a pretty cool guy, eh can shoot lightnin and stuff and doesn't afraid of anything lol so random XDXDXDXD

Note 1: The "good" example doesn't make it instantly valid. In this case, there are several reasons why elec can compete on equal footing with any other elements without a problem, such as terrain, or the large number of elec chips that stun.

Note 2: If I see anything like the "bad" example... I know a dev team member's work is not to give out warns, but I swear to the Emperor, you will get warned, and possibly excluded from any further discussion in here. I want this to be a place for intelligent people.

Note 3: I personally, will lurk this topic quite often and if I see something I agree with, I'll push to find an implement a fix for it. I can not guarantee this for others members of the team, though.
I have a slight disagreement with the fact that passive sigs have 2 nerfs that seem to do the same thing...

the first is the lowered point cap, and the second is the x4 cost, they both make sense individually, but when you put them together I find it's really limiting...

I can understand it, cause there are people out there who could make 4 passive barriers or something, but the point cost almost nullifies the use.

if you make a passive barrier, you actually pay enough points to make a regular barrier that lasts 4 turns.

I can understand the dangers of spam pasasives, but couldn't we swap out the times 4 cost(which still has the 1/4(?) sig cap to keep really powerful sigs from being made) and make a accuracy/power reduction for repeated sigs? like if a guy makes 2 passive dodges they each go down one rank from the rp quality rank? like for each extra clone sig a guy has he goes down by one rank when using it?

sorry if I missed a flaw...
You seem to underestimate the extreme advantage of having it take up no actions. This, combined with the ability for them to be used every turn are what create the costs. They yield a greater effect per turn than an equivalent sig would with the same amount of points spent.

Being cooldown free causes the cost, being action free causes the restriction.

With these together they are surprisingly well balanced.
ok, you win...

*grumble grumble*