ACD

Well, I had this really weird idea when answering SJ in the Q&A thread, and I want to see your impressions.

Without further ado:

Action based cool down. Or in short ACD.

The idea is to simply base the cool down off of actions instead of turns.

Yeah, keeping short today. I don't want to sway your opinion either way (at least not yet), and I'm quite interested with what you think about it with only as much present as that, so let me hear your thoughts.

Is it bad?
Good?
Does it have potential?
There lies a fatal, but well hidden flaw?
If its not broken don't fix it? (I'll despise you if you choose this option, but I won't show because I'm trying to look like a nice guy, who cans up on haterade inside to release it in one explosion of rant, so you might as well go with this if you want. Of course, you will earn a place in my little black book if you do so. But feel free to say that. Really. Go ahead, be my guest. That notebook is reservation for... cake. Yes.)

No poll cause this is not poll worthy yet
I vote..."Screw you Knight! Now go post before I kill you!"

Was that an option?
Since you can post whatever you want, as there is no poll, yes.

Since you went off topic... *writes the name "Zanallen" into his notebook"
My notebook is bigger than your notebook.

Also...Are we talkin' about using actions to decrease cooldown as opposed to just waiting? Would you be able to decide when you use these actions or would it be automatic?

Ex:
1. Rune Blast to VirusA
2. Use action toward CD
3-6. Whatever

Next turn -

1-2. Use actions toward CD
3. Rune Blast to VirusB
4-6. Whatever

OR

Ex:
1. Rune Blast to VirusA
2-4. Used for CD
5-6. Whatever

Which is it?

I think the first option has potential, though I personally like the system as it is, while the second option would leave Navi completely vulnerable when using SigAttks and would suck balls.
It's simply we count your actions following the usage of the ability instead of the turns. Whatever you do (chip, buster, dodge, move), it will count towards the cooldown.
I say that would be hax unless we increased CD.
Obviously, but it has the additional hidden problem of making speed upgrades which are already great into absurdly good.
The admins and mods are more-or-less too lazy to balance everything out.
What Robotek and Zanallen said, combined, with a little "NO" sauce.
Too easily abused. High speed and cycling sigs could do a lot of damage. Four or five sigs could be used almost every turn this way, as the other signature attacks count. Add in good chips and dodges, and you've got a system that is too easily abused.
I like this idea.
Perhaps it could be adjusted to the number of actions someone has?
Or, perhaps, a nerf?
Requires 3 action cooldown as well as turn cooldowns?
I wouldn't trash this straightaway...
Unfortunately, I would.

The main problems with this concept, while it is great in theory, are that it gives advantages to a certain style of fighting and screws over low level sig uses. We already determined that low level sigs were too weak an age ago and changed the system, this would either bring new comers in line with old power levels or bring the system to up-power current users.

A modified version of the system to permit it to merely me additional actions as a form of nerf would basically be increasing cooldown as a nerf, and while interesting has several flaws. It would basically be either decreasing cooldown freely for additional points (which there is no way people would ok), or be a nerf that had a highly variable effect depending upon the user, which defeats the purpose of consistent point effects. Basically it would be increasing cooldown to reduce the price, at that point.

An altered version based upon the user's actions is basically a partial-turn system. Mods have already expressed that they are very adverse to any form of calculation using percentages, and this isn't a clean calculation either. Likewise, it would basically be making the current system not round to the nearest turn, which just unnecessarily adds to complexity. The 'high' complexity of our system is already a complaint, this would add to it.

This is why I would discard the idea outright.
Well, topic kinda died, so I thought I'd share what I came up with originally.

10 dmg=1 action CD
In addition to that, your total points for signatures would be halved, while the caps stay the same.

Why is that?

When you start out, your CD would be about 4/3th of your old. But once your speed is upgraded to the max, it becomes twice fast as when you started originally.

Basically, you'd have less number of signatures, but a lot more spammable than originally. I feel this would be good, because right now navis can have about a fuckton of signatures, but because of the long cooldown, they are rarely used more than once. We don't have.. moves that are staple for the navi. If someone wants to do something like that, he will have to make the sig twice (I'm planning to do that a lot), and even then, it is a pretty sad attempt...

However it does have quite a few drawbacks; many of them already listed in previous posts.

Just my 0,2$ bump.