Berserkr Gestr Ljós

OK, since I scrapped the last version, I think I'll try this again, a bit revamped.

Current pool (160/220) (unused/total) (this is counting the points for the starter sig)

Berserkr Gester Ljós - Berserker Ghost Light (in old norse)
Sig Effects and details:
--HardBody - Reduces all Non-Break damage by Half. Gain Break Vulnerability status while active.
--Strengthen - Add 20 Damage per 15 Cap conversion ratio (per instance). This ability allows you to add 20 damage to a single Chip or Charged Buster attack. The damage does not stack over multiple hits or multiple targets and does not duplicate itself for multiple targets, or multiple hits, but the damage is splittable. This ability cannot be used to imbue Effects, only damage.
-- Lasts for 2 turns before deactivation (strenghten = 30 points, HB = 80 points)
--Hard body effect for 2 turns, can strengthen one attack for 20 dmg this and the next turn
Type: Active sig
Points used: 95
remaining: 75
Pool: 75/220
Nerf: Sig Lock: Gain 80 Points to cap per instance. [Self inflicted Sig Crash. Cannot be cured or prevented by any action other then duration expiration. This effect does not wear of at the end of battle, and will carry over from battle to battle and thread to thread. It also stacks. If for any reason this effect is stacked upon itself with more than 7 turns of duration, your Signature Attack System is permanently crashed, and must be repaired at Sci-Lab for a fee. This is cumulative. Duration: +2 turns.
Cap: 100(150)/20
Cool Down: 2 Turns
Process Upgrades: 4

Quote ()

"Othin was able to cause his enemies to be blind or deaf or fearful in battle, and could cause their swords to cut no better than wands, His own men went to battle without coats of mail and acted like mad dogs or wolves. They bit their shields and were as strong as bears or bulls. They killed people, and neither fire nor iron affected them. This is called berserker rage." - Heimskringla, History of the Kings of Norway

The Navi crest on XIII's chest begins glowing with a cold blue luminescence, and starts emitting a creepy high-pitched noise. The navi's data becomes temporarily rearranged to become harder, and his attack power skyrockets for evey first attack in a sequence. During these periods of time, XIII himself seems to undergo a change, as any fear, pain, or unnecessary emotions are replaced with burning, animal-like rage, yet focused into a sole and inhumanly scary aim to destroy any and all targets, like a berserker of ancient times stalking his targets relentlessly whilst seeming immortal to damage. The unfortunate drawback to this is the severe amount of strain the berserker mode puts on XIII, meaning using it repeatedly in too close a succession can cause damage to some of his data, damage that had to be repaired at Sci Lab.
Bump for approval.
bump again

Alright, I'll go through the math cause I'm a nice guy.

Current pool (160/220)

Effects:
Hardbody(40)x2 = 80
Strengthen(15)x2 = 30

(strengthen gives the bonus to ONE attack. if you take it twice, you can give 20-20 bonus to two attacks, or 40 to one, but not for whole round, and especially not for 2)

80+30=110

Nerfs:
Sig crush(80)

Okay... your current max sig is 100(150 with nerfs)
You can nerf up to half of up to the power of the sig, so to make the most of your sig crush, you should spend...110/2=55 points. The rest is covered by the nerf.

This would leave you with:

55 points spent (105/220 remaining), 3 turn cooldown sig

Alternatively, you could lower the CD to 80, and use only 25 points of the nerf, which means you'd have to pay 85 points

This version leaves you with:

85 points spent (75/220 remaining), 2 turn cooldown sig

Right. Choose one, or remake something if you wish.
Sorry fr the errors in the math. They've added some new rules and changed some values around since the last time I had a sig passed, so I was stumbling over my own work here.

Now I know Strengthen give you a bonus to one attack, that was clear to me as I stated it above in the effects list. Hell I copied the section from the list into there verbatum. The whole point is that doubling the Strength buff wasn't meant for doubling up the attack addition, nor was it made for allowing an enhancement to two attacks intead of one. Since the effects of this "mode" sig were to last for two turns before deactivation, essentially doubling the duration of the total effect. Same for the Hard Body as well. I wasn't trying to have it for eitehr two actions or an entire round, jsut two turns worth yet without having to activate it twice in a row.

Essentially what I was trying to shoot for was a "mode" kind of sig that when activated would last for two turns (the one where activated and the one following) that during each turn would give Hard Body status and enhance one of the attacks for both turns.

I knew my math would probably be off with the 2 turn cool down thing, as I was unsure of the numbers that dictated that, but other than that, didn't I get the math right for what I was trying to do? IF need be, I'll nerf the cool down to 3 or 4 turns if need be, but I really didn't think my math had been that squiffy. ahh, this is confusing.

Quote ()

and his attack power skyrockets for evey first attack in a sequence

This was the line that confused me. I got that the whole effect is for two turns, it just sounded to me like you wanted strengthen for 2 whole turns as well <_<

Also, while your calculations were incomplete, I have done a minor error in mine too...

If you want it with 2TCD, the best you can get is:

95 points spent. You get 45 points used out of the nerf (30 goes into lowering the cooldown, 15 goes into finishing the points. 95+15=110).

Does this sound ok? If yes, then approved.
Yeah, I know my way around RPs, so I knew that wanting strengthen for the entirety of 2 turns was askign far too much and violating the rules. At the same time though, I realize my wording may have been a bit awkward and could be misinterpreted, so I thank you for listening to me and taking it with understanding.

Hmm, well, that sounds like a good deal to me. Means I get to save more points than I originally bargained for, and thats another good sig right there. Luckily, the next sig I make will be a straight attack or heal, so the complications should be lessened ^_^.

Ok, just so there is no more confusion, can you point out exactly what things I need to fiddle with to make this look right. I think I understand, but I don't like to take chances on starting up any more difficulties again. Just want to make sure this sig is as kosher as possible before you give it the big rubber stamp.
Your description looks okay, maybe just add a no fluff line of "Hard body effect for 2 turns, can strengthen one attack for 20 dmg this and the next turn" or something.

Aside from that...

You could really take a look at Drakim's code topic, to organize your sig. This way, you could store the stuff you have in there (and a lot more) without taking up too much space, not to mention it would look a lot more tidy. It also makes the mod's jobs easier, if they don't have to read through paragraphs upon paragraphs of chips and stuff, just click on a convenient little script-link.
Link to topic: http://z10.invisionfree.com/RockmanChaosNe...p?showtopic=125
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that when I have time to. I've been a little busy as of late, but it should free up soon.

So, other than the advisory statement you provided, I change it to 95 points spent, and 75 remaining, correct? I only ask because that 95+15=110 thing confused me a little, and I haven't been in the best of mental states lately.

dur, I can't brain today.
Yeah, that is about it. So if everything is alright...

*KA-STAMP*

Approved.
done.... and done.

Thanks very much for putting up with this difficulty, and thank you for approving.