Life Barrier

Life Barrier(3 turn cooldown)
Splitman splits open his hand and from the split forms a brilliant blue barrier that can be shaped as he likes.
Effect:
Splitman generates a 30 HP 2-way barrier that he can shape however he wants, within reason. This can be used to shield another Navi, or himself(or both), however, if he wants to guarantee sucess he cannot attack from within it. At the end of the round, he may choose an amount of HP to dedicate to the barrier, if it is dealt damage beyond the original 30 he will take up to that much damage instead of the barrier being destroyed, each hitpoint counting as 1.5 hitpoints for the barrier.

CD starts when the barrier is destroyed.

Reshaping the barrier takes one action. Example shapes include:
Dome: Creates a large dome around himself and or others.
Wall: Creates a wall between himself and foes.
Shield: Creates a shield covering most of himself, but leaves his arm open to attack. Well placed shots can hit his exposed body.

As the barrier is connected to himself, there were always be portion of it feeding back to his hand. If this generally small section is severed, or if the barrier takes more damage than it has been aloted in a turn, it immediately fails.

A slight change from a moment ago, under the advice of the chatroom.
... This is a potentially infinite barrier, I think.

The mechanics are complicated, but hinge around...

Your current max HP.

Thus, the max for this currently is 130, and will grow with HP upgrades...

Toss in choice of compromised attack or compromised defense...

Toss in it being a BARRIER (is that 20 or 40 points? someone clarify)

I think you might be a bit over the cap (80?).
It being a barrier is a disadvantage, creating similar mechanics that aren't the same only prevents weakness that barriers explicility have.

The barrier component itself costs nothing.

In addition, I don't seem to believe that health-drain effects would quite fall under the standard rules for cooldown. Under the same logic, an attack that drained any amount of HP and did damage equal to the amount of HP drained would be too powerful.

I am really confused though about
"Toss in choice of compromised attack or compromised defense..."
are you saying that the fact that I have a 2-way barrier that can only hinder me in some way is a good thing?

Quote ()

The barrier component itself costs nothing.

Actually, it being at least a 1-hit barrier already adds 20 damage.

Quote ()

--For X-hit barriers and the like, we count every hit as 20 damage towards the cap.

Quote ()

In addition, I don't seem to believe that health-drain effects would quite fall under the standard rules for cooldown. Under the same logic, an attack that drained any amount of HP and did damage equal to the amount of HP drained would be too powerful.

I'm not counting by health drain. I'm counting damage blocked. The maximum amount of damage blocked, if I'm calculating correctly, is 30 + your maximum life. There's no numerical way to calculate 30 + "doubles life", so that's what I'm using.

Quote ()

I am really confused though about
"Toss in choice of compromised attack or compromised defense..."
are you saying that the fact that I have a 2-way barrier that can only hinder me in some way is a good thing?

It hinders you, yes--but you have the flexibility to choose HOW it hinders you. And that flexibility is a boon that needs to be considered.
As discussed, bring down to 1.5x health?
Along with the obvious barrier CD starts at barrier failure/dismissal.
Of course...

Odd, that must have been not-copied for some reason. Was in original.
Alright. Approved as long as those clauses are in.