Modular Turrets

Given that the new rules on item drop have forced me to change my level 1 signature attack, I thought I'd put this one forward.

Modular Turrets - Cap = 100+10 free

One of the primary differences between a target-type navi and a normal navi lies in their refined buster construction and targeting AI. Oftentimes, the complex and precise nature of target-type buster units overshadow the other systems, almost making them appear anachronistic and out of place. Naturally, while most target-type navis possess a fully integrated system as to dispel this anomaly, Rass' hodgepodge body lacks the same homogenous nature. While this leads to the usual confrontational interaction between the system administrator (Rass) and the targeting subsystem (Ishamel), it does allow for some unique opportunities.

By temporarily fusing with obstacles on the field, Rass is able to download a portion of his advanced targeting system to generate weaponry using the core data of the object. The process also provides an additional layer of protection for the object, making it more difficult to destroy. If there are no objects on the field, Rass can create a weaker pair of turrets on the ground. The turrets, while not very powerful, still possess a high degree of utility.

-Creates two 20-HP turrets. Can be mounted onto an obstacle. If this is done, their HP is added to the total HP of the obstacle. Affected obstacles gain an "undershirt" style effect and take normal damage from break-type attacks. Turrets fire at the beginning of Rass' turn at the cost of no actions.
-Turret types:
-Shredder Vulcan — Deals 10 hits of 2 to a target each turn.
-Targeting Laser — Increases accuracy of all Rass' attacks against one target
-Voltage Web — Melee-range attacks against this turret stun opponents
-Teleporter — Once per turn, may teleport this obstacle to a different location. (added dodge/movement)
-3TC from the destruction/removal of BOTH turrets
Clarification time. Would Teleporter take an action to use? Also, the Cooldown would begin the turn they were destroyed, right? Also, really iffy on the 'gains obstacle's HP" thing, since I know you have a Rockcube, meaning at least one of them will have 200 HP.
The idea is the teleporter basically adds a free dodge to any obstacle, so no, it wouldn't take an action to use. None of these effects take an action to use.

Cooldown begins when the turrets are destroyed, yes.

I understand your hesitation to give me 200 HP turrets, but their effects were designed such that they would have the same statistics as a passive signature attack, adjusted to fit the requirement that an obstacle be on the field. The effects themselves aren't that amazing, and require a high HP obstacle to utilize their full effect (combined = 40 damage equivalent per turn with two vulcans. Caps for passive sigs would be 20+10 damage per turn).
((bump))
Alright. So you have to CHOOSE which 2 turrents you're using at start, right?

Guess you're going full 100 (110) in...

With one action, which means that damage adds up to 110 at maximum.

Rough calculations:

+40 HP to objects.

Expected life: varies upon object added to.
Damage output per turn: Roughly 40 per turn.

See, the possibly for abuse still lies within putting these on RockCubes or some other ridiculously high HP shield-type obstacle.

I say... keep turret and object HP separate. If attacks aimed at object, damage is dealt to turret first. If damage is greater than HP of turret, turret is destroyed and damage does not overflow.

Further consideration: does turrets start firing turn of creation, or turn afterwards?
Hmm... see, the thing is I was really interested in the obstacle fusion as it was. Would it work if I changed it to this?

-Creates two 10-HP turrets. Can be mounted onto an obstacle. If this is done, their HP is added to the total HP of the obstacle. Affected obstacles gain an "undershirt" style effect and take normal damage from break-type attacks. Turrets fire at the beginning of Rass' turn at the cost of no actions.
-Turret types:
-Shredder Vulcan — Deals 5 hits of 2 to a target each turn.
-Targeting Laser — Increases accuracy of all Rass' attacks against one target
-Voltage Web — Melee-range attacks against this turret stun opponents
-Teleporter — Once per turn, may teleport this obstacle to a different location. (added dodge/movement)
-Turrets fire the turn after activated
-3TC from the destruction/removal of BOTH turrets

That way, it's 10 heal to 2 obstacles and two passive effects, totalling no more than 20 damage. 0CD sigs that take 1 action = 20 damage, so the value of truly passive signatures (that don't require actions) should be around 10 damage. With the LV2 bonus, 0-action passive sigs should do 20 damage equivalent.

Basically, Rass gains a pair of passive abilities... damage (10 per), single-target accuracy boost (general accuracy boosts are 20 damage, so single should be half that, at least), easily-evaded zap-tap (stuns are 20, this is circumvented by not using melee, so 10 equivalent), and obstacle movement (added dodge to an obstacle)... that add up to the normal passive signature cap. The versatility carries an added penalty is that these passives are destructable (albeit difficult due to the potential sturdiness of rockcubes)
Hmm. Much easier on my conscious. XD

One last thought: Could both turrets be mounted on the same object? (This has near-no relevance to whether this gets approved.)

Tentatively Approved.
Apologies for the late response, Demon. Answer is yes, they can.