Fight Fire With Fire!

((OH BOY! I can solidify my rightful title as the BAWLDESTROYER with my MAGNUM

'Aim: TWO GOROKE MEMES IN ONE'

...Also, 2 AM...very tired...))

Quickly standing up to his feet after the virus' headbutt, Voulge quickly scanned the area to judge what his next move should be. His previous attack only broke two of the Iron balls and it didn't show any notable changes in the virus' movements. This, however, would not discourage the navi from continuing from what he was doing. "Oi! I think this guy isn't dead yet!" Ignis pointed out to Voulge that Lord Slayer slowly began to recover his consciousness, bring a feint smile on the spearman's face. Now even more determined, Voulge set out to destroy the rest of the Spikey's shackle in order to free the virus.

Marius, despite him not approving Voulge's current actions, sent two chips into the PET. "This better have a result, Voulge." The navi slammed the spear down to the ground, freeing both of his hands, and begun to crack the knuckles. His right arm began to materialize a gigantic, mechanical gauntlet, constantly spewing out white steams and noises of gears crackling. After moving the fingers around, Voulge grasped the utility of the chip and run right towards the virus.

The navi ran with his right hand wide open rather than a closed fist and moved to the Spikey's legs. With the iron ball on his sight, his steampunk fist swooped in for a powerful swing, hammering straight down onto the ground to create an intense shockwave that might effect the shackles nearby. But that wasn't it. The gears inside the gauntlet began to click in a faster pace and the steam was let out in a higher pressure.

Voulge pulled the fist out from the ground and pointed it towards the the other iron balls with a straight up palm. The entire hand of the gauntlet began to heat up in a bright orange and a barrel emerged from the center of the palm, glowing even brighter and red-er than the rest. Supporting his right arm for a steady grip, closing one of his eyes in order to heighten his accuracy, and planting his legs into the ground for a better balance, Voulge was ready to take the shot. He made sure that the virus wouldn't be harmed, or at least too harmed by the powerful blast and fired the beam of heat right towards the shackles, nearly sending the navi's arm dislocated.

-TURN SPLICE-
4. GolemHit [140 / Target Up to 2 Adjacent Opponents / Melee / Break / Panel Break] @ Spikey's Ironball
5. Magnum1 [120+[color=red]15[/color] / Break / Charge to hit multi-target (Up to 3) / Crack Panel] @ Spikey's Ironball
Voulge spent the rest of his efforts into focusing on destroying the Spikeys ball- I mean, shackles.

The virus roared even mightier, apparently the iron balls were a limiter on its speed, and now it was moving around like a daredevil!

Voulge then remembered the room was locked as a fireball struck his arm.

"Ungh... where...?" a voice mumbled. It seemed Lord Slayer was waking up.

BlackSpikey: 190 HP (Haste!)

Terrain: 100% Normal

Voulge.exe: 85 HP
Ignis.SP: 80 HP
Licht.SP: EJO'D

Lord Slayer: 25 HP (Awakened!)
As soon as the familiar voice came to Voulge's ear, he turned his attention towards the lain Lord Slayer, completely ignoring the fierce burn he received on his arm. "You're awake...This is a relief." Voulge truly was relieved with Lord Slayer's well being, but the Spikey he tried to free was still resisting. Placing yet another shield up at the hope of blocking off one more fireball, Voulge started to think of another way to free this virus...

Ignis, on the other hand, also saw that the navi was fine and immediately flew away from Lord Slayer. " 'ey! You're fine now!" Right after saying so, Ignis immediately flew behind a cover, valuing his life even more than the half-awake navi. "Every man for himself...". The operator looked over at the situation and thought that Voulge's attempt at pacifism wasn't going to work at all. But he knew that the navi wasn't going to change his mind so easily and had to make the best of the situation. After a quick analysis, he immediately saw the silvery hard drive between the Spikey and Voulge, recognizing it as the item of interest. "Ignis, retrieve that hard drive. If that thing is destroyed in the cross fire, all of this would be for nothing!" The SP frowned, even thought he didn't have any facial features, and tried to think up an excuse to get hiimself out of the situation. "Hey now! I just risked my ass saving this lame-o knight wannabe and you want me to save that..." Marius gave a sharp glimpse at his PET, sending chills through out Ignis' body and sent the little critter flying right in the middle of the battle.

Ignis sprouted out a pair of claw from his crystal body and hooked onto the Hard Drive. "Got it!" Hoping not to get attacked by the ferocious Spikey, he flew off nearly twice the speed from before and took cover once again. It was then Voulge came across the solution for this dilemma. He turned towards Lord Slayer once again and ran up to the navi. "Listen to me. That Spikey is one of Veriant's rider viruses. No matter how I see it, this virus is definitely controlled by him!" He turned his back and face himself and the shield towards the spikey, knowing that a single hit from the virus could mean death to the wounded Lord Slayer. "You said you were part of the riders in the past, correct? Then you should know how to free it!!"

* Phalanx Aspis [1-hit Shield]
Ignis: Retrieve the Hard Drive
Ignis: Run Away / Dodge
1. Shield Lord Slayer
2. Inform Lord Slayer about the situation
-TURN SPLICE-
Ignis quickly snatched the harddrive away and tried to be careful, but the Spikey was racing around the perimeter of the room, so Ignis had no choice but to stay put and watch the enemy's movements closely.

Meanwhile, Voulge had informed Lord Slayer of the situation, who shook his head to wake himself, the black mane of his hair tossing to and fro.

"Veriant's mind control is powerful, but not absolute. This Spikey though... that hide, that belly... I've seen it before..." Lord Slayer grumbled, getting to his feet as a refreshing wave of energy washed over him. Voulge found the same energy wash over himself as well and turned to Lord Slayer in thanks as the knight drew his sword.

"No problem my friend, but the first thing we ought to do is keep this one from moving," Lord Slayer said, nodding firmly. "I can do it, but I'll need a distraction..."

Both navis' eyes wandered toward Ignis. Voulge was kind of itching for a whistle for some reason.

BlackSpikey: 190 HP (Haste!)

Voulge.exe: 165 HP [3 Actions left]
Ignis.SP: 80 HP [GET: HardDrive.rar]

Lord Slayer: 105 HP
Reaching into his brigandine, Voulge pulled out a small whistle shaped like sleeping sheep and placed it between his teeth. "Better hold your grounds." He blew wind through the whistle, opening the sheep's eye and its mouth, resonating a high pitch vibration through out the closed room. There was a few seconds of silence until something began rustling beneath the debris and cracks around the room. Heads of the Mokos popped out like whack-a-moles from those debris and cracks, all facing towards the center of the room with their blank, cute eyes. After another whistle, the Mokos began to fly out and crowd the isolated room with their mass number and thick fleeces.

"This should be enough...But just in case!"

Equipped with his trusty Lancea, Voulge ran straight towards the Spikey while weaving through the chaos created by his Mokos. His eyes was locked onto the bright, silver furs on the Spikey, as it was the most viable target within the already darkened room, and began a mad dash at his top speed. If the virus was still moving around, Voulge would follow it until he could catch up; if it was stuck in the midst of the Mokos, he could simply trick the virus' vision points and strike from the behind. When the chance came through, the Lancea was immediately covered in a tower of fire and exploded to reveal a golden trident. With two hands, Voulge sent a straight thrust with the trident, hopefully stunning and calming the virus down for a moment or two.

Not knowing what Lord Slayer might do to the Spikey, the navi simply backed away from the virus, just in case.

-TURN SPLICE-
3. MokoRush Distraction [60 / Ground Attack / 3 Targets] @ BlackSpikey
4. Retairius Triden [Teleport / Stun / Take Aim / 3TCD]
-Teleport on Stand by
-Take Aim for Stun hit
-Stun BlackSpikey
5. Dodge
The Spikey instantly noticed the Mokolos and focused all its attention on them, weaving in and out of the ranks.

What it should've been focusing on, however, was Voulge, who, in the meantime, used one of his nifty sig attacks to stun the virus in place.

"Let's make it a combo!" Lord Slayer yelled, who had finished humming an incantation of some sort and slammed his sword into the ground.

Great rumbling encompassed the rooms as golden chains shot out from the ceiling, walls, and floor, binding the virus in place. The Spikey howled in frustration as it tried to struggle free of its bonds, but to no avail.

"Resolute Restriction," Lord Slayer commented, letting out a sigh as he and Voulge walked toward the bound Spikey.

The Holy Symbol.CRST shone up on both weapons, causing the ex-Rider to smirk. He placed the flat of his blade on top of the Spikey's head and gestured for Voulge to do the same.

BlackSpikey: 190 HP (Stun!)(Hold!)

Voulge.exe: 165 HP

Voulge walked up to the spikey and placed the blade of his shining Lancea across from Lord Slayer's.

1. Exorcise BlackSpikey
-TURN SPLICE-
The Holy Symbols spun and spun, creating a blinding light within seconds.

"Hoh? Well done, I guess I should commend you on your victory. Till we meet again," Veriant's voice commented playfully as the light died down.

BlackSpikey: 190 HP

Voulge.exe: 165 HP

-VICTORY-
Voulge Get: Elecknife, 1000z, 160 Bugfrags

Voulge heard a yowl from the Spikey and turned around quickly, only to find that it had pounced upon Lord Slayer and was licking his face happily.

"Ah ha ha ha... stop it! That tickles! Oh ho ho!" Lord Slayer laughed, overjoyed at the virus' reception.

After some more of this, Lord Slayer was able to get the Spikey off and brush himself off, clearing his throat.

"Let me introduce you to my noble steed, Argon. He apologizes for the trouble, but wishes that you will forgive him," the knight commented, bowing as Argon lowered his head and gave a small whine.
"...It's fine..." Voulge took off his right gauntlet, revealing his bare hands with an old stab wound right in the middle of his palm, and began to stroke the tamed Spikey's head. "You should be overjoyed with reuniting with your old friend."

Ignis slowly drifted towards the group, still having the Hard drive in his claws, and began to take rest on Voulge's shoulder. "Oh man...I thought I would be a doggy chow if that went on any longer. Anyhow, here's your stinkin' whatchamacallit." The SP dropped the Hard drive onto Voulge's other hand and shortly disappeared to return to the PET. After a short second of inspection, Voulge placed his armor back on and handed the valuable to Lord Slayer. "I'm sure this will help you in your later mission."
Argon whined apologetically as Voulge rubbed his head while Lord Slayer chuckled. He gladly received the hard drive and stored it.... somewhere.

"Yes, this certainly will be of use. Farewell my friend! Until we meet again!" Lord Slayer bellowed, getting on his Spikey and riding out of the facility.

---

As Voulge jacked out, he could see his friend's form riding swiftly away on his Spikey. He thought about what happened so far, but shrugged it off.

The knights would have to wait a while for their next encounter, but in that, another adventure awaits.