Burninate!

A flash of cobalt light shined over the network and Runeknight appeared in Yumland Net.

"Sire?" Runeknight asked. "What are we doing in Yumland?"

"Not much," Zan answered. "I suppose I just want to try out your new enhancements and get some filler for my poor bank account."

"As you say, Sire."

"Yep, let's get to it."

((Sigh...Battle 1 I guess))
Virus Attack!

ZemonA: 100 HP
ZemonB: 100 HP
ZemonC: 100 HP
DragrinEX: 160 HP
DragrinEX: 160 HP

Terrain: 100% Grass

Runeknight.exe: 300 HP

-BATTLE 1-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE!-
Runeknight had almost forgotten how peaceful the Networks could be after all the trouble he had encountered in Electown and that stranger lower version of the Electown Net. Yumland Net seemed a sanctuary compared to the chaos he had just been through. The tall grass billowed in the wind; the sun shined down and warmed his armor. It was fairly peaceful.

"'Tis a shame that this cannot last," Runeknight murmured.

"What's that?" Zan asked.

"Nothing Sire, though I would wish that we had more opportunity to relax during these stressful times."

"Yeah, maybe we should request some vacation time or something. Lord knows that we've earned it."

"Aye...Wait," Runeknight tensed and his spear materialized in a flash of cobalt flames. "I sense something."

"Let me enhance the scan." Zan paused for a few seconds. "You're right. We've got a small group of viruses to your left. We're technically off duty, but this might be a good chance to test your upgrades. Do you want to engage?"

"We have little choice, Sire. I shall not allow those creatures to attack those less equipped to defend themselves."

"Good point. Sigh, a hero's job is never ending. Let's teach those viruses a lesson."

Runeknight nodded and stalked through the grass toward the group of viruses that Zan had located. There were five viruses in all, comprised of two groups of different types. The larger group, three viruses, was formed of some sort of creature reminiscent of a spinning top. Runeknight had never seen such a virus before, but they didn't look very imposing. Plus, their position in the tall grass left them at a disadvantage against the fiery knight. The second group was comprised of two viruses that resembled large seahorses. However, small flames erupted along the bodies of the draconic viruses, revealing a clue as to the creatures' elemental affinity.

"Sire," Runeknight whispered. "Those seahorse creatures look to share an affinity with the flames."

"Much like you," Zan answered. "We'll have to douse their hopes of winning this battle. I'm not sure about the other viruses, but we'll be able to use the terrain to our advantage in this battle."

"It is even as you say, Sire."

"Alright, I'll send you the WideShot1, Bubbler, and some various fire BattleChips. This should be over quickly."

Runeknight nodded once and allowed himself to bathe in the surge of energy that washed over his body. The power from Zan's BattleChips poured into the knight, strengthening him beyond the powers of a normal Navi. Runeknight gazed down at the group of viruses and felt certain of his victory. He nodded once more, knowing what he had to do.

Runeknight channeled the power of the BattleChips into his hands, weaving the threads of energy into a cohesive mesh, willing the surge of strength to materialize into the Net. The knight's spear began to shimmer with a soft blue light as beads of condensation formed along the ebony metallic shaft. The aura grew brighter as Runeknight poured more energy into his spear, drawing upon his own strength to bind the liquid power to the weapon. Finally, Runeknight took up a battle stance and cast his gaze across the assembled viruses. The two seahorses would have to be the first to go.

Runeknight charged. The knight twirled his glowing spear in both hands, passing it end over end as he made his way through the grass toward his intended targets. As he neared the flaming seahorses, Runeknight broke his charge, slamming his leading foot to the ground and pivoting into a pirouette. As he did so, the knight halted his spin of his spear and grasped the weapons near the end, holding it out as he twirled around in a short circle. The force of the spin ripped the blue aura from the spear's shaft and sent it hurdling toward the fiery viruses. As it sailed through the air, the aura widened into an arch that would slice through the two seahorses and one of the top-like viruses that stood near.

As Runeknight came out of his spin, he tossed his spear aside and leapt to his right. The Navi held up his right arm, palm raised and pointing toward the two seahorses. Runeknight shouted a single word, forcing the remaining aquatic energy to disperse through his palm. A shotgun blast of water exploded out from the center of the knight's hand, liquid shrapnel slicing through the air toward the viruses that Runeknight had targeted.

The knight dashed forward once more in a feint to throw off the aim of the other viruses. In a situation like this, he knew that he would have to keep moving to avoid being surrounded by the greater number of viruses. His feet slapped against the earth and he dashed through the grasslands, moving to avoid any retaliatory fire. Sure that he had avoided the worst of what the viruses had to offer, the knight turned once more; ready to finish off the creatures aligned against him.

Cobalt flames sprouted along Runeknight's armor, tendrils of fire racing along his arms and licking the jet black steel. The flames danced and writhed as they gathered together within Runeknight's grasp, settling into spheres in the Navi's palms. Runeknight turned on the three top-like viruses and sliced his arms through the air in an X shaped pattern. Jets of deep blue flames extended from Runeknight's fingertips, the infernos reaching out to engulf the viruses and consume the dry grasses that concealed them. The inferno raged, fueled by the countless blades of grass that were sacrificed to the fiery behemoth. Nothing could possibly survive the surging flames or the oppressive heat.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor is active. (Heal for 5 per action)
1. WideShot(60, Aqua)((x2 for element)) to DragrinEXA, B and ZemonA
2. Dodge
3. Bubbler(50, Aqua)((x2 for element)) to DragrinEXA with spread to B
4. Dodge
5. FlameLine1(80, Fire)((x2 for terrain)) to ZemonA, B and C
6. FlameLine1(80, Fire)((x2 for terrain)) to ZemonA, B and C
Runeknight lays waste to viruses and barely breaks a sweat.

ZemonA: DELETED
ZemonB: DELETED
ZemonC: DELETED
DragrinEX: DELETED
DragrinEX: DELETED

Terrain: 60% Grass, 40% Normal

Runeknight.exe: 300 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 750z
"Hmm," Zan smiled as he watched the viruses disappate. "That wnt pretty well."

"As you say, Sire," Runeknight agreed. "I feel so much faster now."

"Yep. Well, let's continue on."

((Battle 2!))
((Baampu!))
BeetankA: 50
BeetankB: 50
ApplesamuA: 70
ApplesamuB: 70
BagwormA: 80
BagwormB: 80
BagwormC: 80

Runeknight: 300

Terrein: 75% Grass/25%Normal

Battle 2 go.
Runeknight gazed across the expanse of wavy grass, watching as this latest group of viruses moved toward him. They were a diverse group of creatures, though they all seemed to hold a common thread. The first was a pair of bee like viruses that came buzzing over the battlefield toward Runeknight. Following the bees was a duo of strange apple shaped viruses. In the rear was a trio of slow moving worms that pushed themselves along the ground. Runeknight smiled beneath his visor, sure in his victory.

"Hey Runeknight," Zan called.

"Yes Sire?" Runeknight answered.

"It's been a while since you and Soundman defeated Pariah. What say you summon up Arion and see how he is?"

"A most excellent suggestion, Sire."

Runeknight eyed the viruses, gauging their speed. He should have just enough time to summon Arion and prepare himself before the viruses attacked. Still, he decided to skew the odds in his favor a bit more and retreated a few yards further away from the viruses. Runeknight steeled himself in preparation for his summoning spell, focusing his mind on the link between his world and the spirit realm where Arion resided. Runeknight gestured with his left hand and spoke a single word, his voice soft and low. A flash of flame erupted from his fingertips and revealed his spear held firmly in his grasp. The knight began a low chant, strange words tumbling from his lips in a rhythmic pattern. Jolts of energy danced along the shaft of the spear, writhing up and down the ebony steel in time with the undulations of Runeknight's voice. The knight raised the spear high over his head and then slammed the butt of the weapon against the hard packed earth.

A circle of cobalt flame sprang up around the Navi, the fires drawing intricate patterns within the high grass. Lines of flames danced through the grass, forming a runic circle around the knight as he continued his chant and focused his will. Runeknight slammed his spear against the ground once more and the flames shot high into the air, a full twenty feet, before dying down to form a fiery symbol only a few inches high.

"Spirits of the Earth," Runeknight began. "Heed my cry! I summon forth the soul of the noble stallion. Arion, RuneSteed, hear me! Arion, come to me my friend."

Arion stood in the spirit realm, grazing peacefully on the golden grasses that dominated the plains. His injuries from his previous battle with Pariah had been devastating, but they were all but healed now; the energies of his own realm serving to restore his lost vitality. The stallion snorted softly, cursing the strength of the Navi that had severed Arion's bond with Runeknight's world. He had not heard from his master since the battle and could only hope that he had survived Pariah's onslaught and that the darkness that lurked within Runeknight's soul had not overcome him. Arion chewed the grass, waiting.

"Arion, come to me my friend."

The horse looked up, its ears twitching at the sound. Runeknight had summoned him. Runeknight needed his aid once more. Arion neighed loud in response, his voice echoing across the golden field. He could see the gateway forming, could see Runeknight standing beyond it, and broke into a gallop. The stallion charged toward the portal, ready for battle.

Runeknight smiled as he heard the ghostly whinny in response to his summons. The knight nodded and shouted another line of his spell, second circle of flame materializing in response to his words. This summoning circle appeared in the air, hanging vertically a foot off of the ground. The symbols within the circle shined fiercely, cobalt runes burning bright as the gateway came to life.

Runeknight could hear the sound of hoof beats, each one a virtual thunderclap as Arion galloped toward the portal. He could see the stallion within the flames, moving swiftly over a golden plain. The jet black horse reached the gateway and leap through the flames, the cobalt fires licking its flesh and forming a saddle and barding to protect the stallion in battle. Arion landed gracefully and cantered over to Runeknight.

"Well met, my friend." Runeknight said as he patted the horse's neck. "Shall we show these viruses what folly it is to challenge a belted knight and his warhorse?"

Arion neighed in response and Runeknight smiled as he turned to face the oncoming viruses. Runeknight could already feel the surge of energy that accompanied the power of Zan's BattleChips. He could feel a burning within his soul, a fiery strength that begged to be used. It was time to teach those viruses a lesson.

Runeknight allowed the energy of the BattleChips to wash over him, to envelope his body and relished in the feeling. Cobalt flames erupted from the crevasses in his armor, moving down his arms to swirl around his gauntleted fists. Runeknight focuses his will on the flames and willed them to life, willed them to consume his enemies. Twin shrieks roared from within the fires around his arms and two fiery birds emerged from the infernos and flapped their wings to soar into the air. The phoenixes sailed around the battlefield before dive bombing toward two different sets of viruses.

Runeknight dodged backward away from the phoenixes flames, not wanting to get burned as well as the fires consumed the grassland. Arion followed his master's movements and dodged away as well. Runeknight took the remaining flames and willed them into a lance of fire that he hurled toward the bag worms. The fiery spear sailed through the air, growing hotter and stronger as it devoured the oxygen, and flew toward the sluggish viruses. With any luck, all of the viruses would be dead with this one attack and Runeknight and Arion could move deeper into the net without further impedance.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor is active ((30 HP Heal))
1. Dodge
2. Summon Arion
3. Phoenixfire(80, Fire) to BeeA, B and BagwormA
4. Phoenixfire(80, Fire) to AppleA, B and BagwormB
5. Dodge
6. Flameline(80, Fire) to BagwormA, B and C

Arion: Dodge
After Runeknight summons up his horse, he goes on the offensive, deleting three enemies immediately with a firey attack. His next strike takes out another bagworm, though the other two targets block the strike with ease, incased in fruit. One pops out to attack, which Runeknight evades. He then unleashes a flameline. While the primary target, a bagworm, manages to ascend to avoid the attack, the previously attacking produce enemy is burnt to nothing by the strike. Its remains then head into the other bouncing apple, giving it back all the HP it lost. That's right, all 1 of them.

BeetankA: DELETED!
BeetankB: DELETED!
ApplesamuB: DELETED!
BagwormA: DELETED!
BagwormB: DELETED!
BagwormC: 80

Arion: 60

((Whoops, hold up on this for a few days. I forgot I had to do something when I got out of the event. I need to finish up something from my past...))
"Step back Arion!" Runeknight shouted. "I shall show these beasts the true extent of my strength!"

Runeknight leaped backward, dashing back away from the viruses. He would only have one shot at finishing this here and now. He would not allow Arion to be harmed by these creatures. He would not allow anyone to be harmed by them. He would destroy them with his very hands. Runeknight's left fist began to shine brightly with a fierce cobalt glow as he glared at the viruses before him. He moved back once more, waving his hand through the air, the bright light cutting an afterimage behind his armored fist.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love! My anger! And my sorrow!" Runeknight shouted as he charged forward. "Shining Fist of Chivalry!"

Runeknight dahsed forward, his fist alight with an mystical power. He charged toward the two viruses, prepared to smash them into oblivion with all the power he had left at his disposal. The knight's fish slammed forward, threatening to shatter the apple barrier that stood between him and the first virus. Runeknight pivoted and his fist flashed forward again, homing in on the bagworm to his left. A third punch was aimed at the bagworm's midsection, threatening to tear the creature apart.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor is active (Heals for 30)
1. Dodge
2. Charge
3. GutStraight(100, Impact + Knockback + Piercing) to Bagworm and Applesamu
4. Dodge
5. Charge
6. GutStraight(100, Impact + Knockback + Piercing) to Bagworm and Applesamu
The two viruses are cruelly crushed by Runeknight's attack.

BeetankA: DELETED!
BeetankB: DELETED!
ApplesamuA: DELETED
ApplesamuB: DELETED!
BagwormA: DELETED!
BagwormB: DELETED!
BagwormC: DELETED

Arion: 60

-VICTORY-
Get: 1680z, 8 Bugfrags
"Alright," Zan congratulated his Navi. "That new chip looks pretty useful."

"Tis even as you say, Sire. It's power is quite extraordinary. Shall we continue?"

"Yeah, let's keep going."

((Battle...3?))
Virus Attack! There are patches of grass all over the battle field, the corn camping on one of them. There's also a small circle of poison in the middle of the battle field.

BombcornA: 70
BombcornB: 70
BombcornC: 70
VineyA: 80
VineyB: 80
VineyC: 80
Totem: 80
GeninEXA: 100
GeninEXB: 100

Terrein: 50% Normal 43% Grass 7% Poison

Aron: 60

Battle 3 Begin
Runeknight paused briefly as he surveyed the land in front of him. Tall grass stood on either side of him, several beasts perched amongst the waist high fonds, and a clear path lay just ahead of him. Several more of the creatures lay upon the path, awaiting Runeknight's advance. Just to the left of the path, within the center of the field, lay a purple pool of bubling liquid; noxious fumes arising with each popped bubble. Runeknight doubted that the poop held any benefit to him and decided to steer clear of it as much as possible.

"Arion," Runeknight called softly. "Stay clear of the pool and avoid the grass. I shall attempt to corral our foes with flames."

The stallion whinnied in response and cantered away from the knight, moving away from the battlefield as well as he might. Runeknight nodded slowly, resolved in his actions for the coming battle. He would do what he could to avoid the pool, while attempting to defeat the viruses here and now.

"Sire," Runeknight spoke. "Shall I engage?"

"Yeah," Zan answered. "I have just the BattleChips you'll need to finish this fast. Unleash hell, buddy."

Runeknight could already feel the surge of power that accompanied Zan's BattleChips, the wave of energy washing over his body and begging for release. The Navi wasted no time in channeling the energy and willing it to take shape. Cobalt flames erupted along his jet black armor, casting myriad shadows across the landscape. Runeknight weaved his arms back and forth, gathering the flames together to form a handfull of fiery arrows.

A black lacquered bow appeared in Runeknight's free hand, ebony wood reflecting the soft light of the flames. Runeknight notched his first arrow and took aim at the closest virus as he pulled the bow taunt. The knight glared down the length of the arrow at one of the corn viruses sitting amongst the grass and let the arrow fly. The fiery projectile shrieked like a bird of prey as it soared through the air, heading straight for the corn. As it flew, the arrow split into three, each flaming barb sailing for a seperate corny foe.

A second arrow followed, this time aimed at the cactus headed creatures with the barbed vines. This arrow too shrieked as it left the bow and split into a trio of fiery projectiles. A third arrow and a fourth lef the bow, now aimed for the massive wooden head and the ninja-esque viruses surrounding it. These arrows did not shriek, but they did split, six arrows soaring through the air to strike at the viruses, two to one.

Runeknight dropped the bow as he ran out of arrows, the black lacquered wood disappearing in a flash of cobalt flame before it could touch the ground. The knight moved along the path, attempting to avoid any counterstrike from the viruses or getting caught within the poisonous bog or the fires sure to arise from the high grass.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor(Heals for 30)
1. PhoenixShot(80, Fire) to BombcornA, B, and C
2. PhoenixShot(80, Fire) to VineyA, B and C
3. FlameLine(80, Fire) to GeninEXA, EXB and Totem
4. FLameLine(80, Fire) to GeninEXA, EXB and Totem
5. Dodge
6. Dodge

The corn prove easy targets for Runeknight and he takes out all three with a single firey attack. The viney too all go down without a whimper, their roots holding them down and preventing them from dodging. The duel flameline take out the totem and one of the genin who is standing on grass terrien. However, one of them dodge the second attack and throw some kunai at Runeknight, though his horse's footwork allow him to dodge it.

BombcornA: DELETED!
BombcornB: DELETED!
BombcornC: DELETED!
VineyA: DELETED!
VineyB: DELETED!
VineyC: DELETED!
Totem: DELETED!
GeninEXA: DELETED!
GeninEXB: 30

Terrein: 58% Normal 35% Grass 7% Poison

Runeknight grimaced as one of the ninja-like viruses avoided his strike. The knight had dodged the virus' counterattack deftly, side stepping the barrage of kunai. Runeknight moved across the battlefield slowly, eyes locked on the ninja. He made sure to stay away from the poisonous fumes exuding from the purple pool and allowed himself to relax slightly. There was only one virus left...No threat.

Runeknight dropped his left hand to his side and snapped his fingers. A jet of cobalt flame erupted from within his palm and vanished just as quickly, leaving a black lacquered crossbow in its wake. The Navi raised the crossbow to eye level, the wooden stock set firmly against his shoulder. The weapon was already locked and loaded, ready to be fired. Runeknight gazed down the sights of the bow, glaring at the genin standing before him. Runeknight took aim, targetting carefully to reduce the chance of missing, and gently squeezed the trigger.

The arrow leapt through the air, slicing across the battlefield with a low pitched hum. It sailed toward the virus, Runeknight's skill guiding it toward his target.

Summary:
Rune of Vigor(30 Heal)
1. Dodge
2. Dodge
3. Dodge
4. Take Aim
5. Take Aim
6. Shotgun(50) to GeninEXB

The Genin tries to dodge but Runeknight keeps it in his sights. As soon as it stopped moving, he nails it.

BombcornA: DELETED!
BombcornB: DELETED!
BombcornC: DELETED!
VineyA: DELETED!
VineyB: DELETED!
VineyC: DELETED!
Totem: DELETED!
GeninEXA: DELETED!
GeninEXB: DELETED!

Terrein: 58% Normal 35% Grass 7% Poison

Rewards: Cornshot1, 950z
Runeknight nodded in satisfaction, patted Arion's neck and continued on.

((Next Battle...4))

((BugFrags?))
11 Bugfrags

HoneybomberA: 110
HoneybomberB: 110
BeetankA: 50
BeetankB: 50
BeetankC: 50
ApplesamuB: 70
ApplesamuC: 70
NeedlerA: 70