Crush in Sharo

CrushMan touched down in the area and scanned about. Another unusual area, another place he knew nothing about, but that was to be expected. Beyond his latest ventures in the NetFrica, he was new to the wide expanses of the Net. Busting viruses in a contained location was easy when-

His train of thought was violently interupted as he went to one knee. The punishment! Damned thing, how could he have failed? How could he have enraged the master so! Unforgivable! The wrenching pain was gone, but the shame was still there. He would have to endeavor to not displease the master again. And yet it was difficult to forget that pain. The experiences of the master's punishments were difficult to put out of mind.

"Excellent work, I'm very impressed. A direct jump from home to here, very nice my dear friend." CrushMan took a moment to be pleased with himself. Rerouting a path from home through the place called the NetSquare was simple business, but if it pleased Master Weatherbey, all the better. But complacency led to failure. CrushMan moved and began to search for enemies, to bring the master the entertainment he desired. "And what do you think you're doing?" CrushMan stopped suddenly and completely. "Did I give you any orders? Remember that I am the one in charge here." CrushMan stayed where he was for a long moment as he heard the master whisper and mumble to himself. "Very well. Head out. Investigate the area. That shall be our primary objective. This is some new and wondorous place we have discovered my dear CrushMan. Let us fully enjoy the experience."

CrushMan moved out as the master added, "And of course, destroy anyone who gets in our way."
Virus Attack!

WeatherA: 80
WeatherB: 80
Misty: 200

Crushman: 150

Battle 1 Start!
CrushMan, remembering his earlier admonishment (and even earlier punishment), makes no move despite the enemy's arrival. The master had yet to give his orders. Or had he? To destroy everything in his path, that was the order. But what were his tools? His own hands?

"You know, I do wonder sometimes, my dear Crush." He cringed and began moving towards the enemies at a racing pace. "These viruses, I do wonder if they have some kind of commanding order behind them?" If the master was at all displeased with his actions, CrushMan couldn't tell. But it could be another test. "Commoners are nothing even when banded together, yet some may rise to a position not so far from our own and unite the rabble. Rebels are oh so much more trouble than paupers after all."

"Use these." CrushMan felt a rush of energy and data so strong that he was forced to a near stop. Near him, reaching for him with the writhing wires, were two cannons. They quickly attatched, their tendrils digging into his armor and merging with him, and his normal vision was replaced by the targetting system. He shook once as the invasive programming altered him, but the target was clearly marked for him. The master wanted that enemy destroyed. CrushMan fired. Both of the cannons let fly their charge and the twin bolts of energy flew towards the virus. The cannons, then discharged, let go of him and fell to the ground, where they dissapated into the net as scattered data. CrushMan's vision quickly returned to normal and he resumed his march.

"I would like to test something, you see. I would like to test the planning abilities of our enemies. I need you to destroy these peons as quickly as possible with as little damage to yourself as you can manage. Destroy the next foe. Use the sword." The great sword, customized like all of his weapons (for only they would the Master accept), appeared in front of him in easy reach. Crush bounded the last few steps towards the enemy and leapt towards them. Odd that the Master had acted so calm. Had he already forgotten the failure? Or was his new test of more importance to him? The giant Navi put his shoulder and weight behind the sword as he descended and readied his knees for the jarring impact. He knew better than to question such things, especially now of all times. CrushMan would simply obey, like any good Navi would for their Master. The sword flashed out towards the enemy as Crush descended behind it.

Summary
Cannon to WeatherA - 40 Damage -
Cannon to WeatherA - 40 Damage -
Sword to WeatherB - 80 Damage -
The two Cannon blasts reduced the Weather to a flurry of deleted data. The Sword that Crushman produced was just as effective on the second of the pair. However, the Misty materialized out of the tiles right behind him, and grabbed hold of his back, sending a searing heat across Crushman's armour.

WeatherA: DELETED!
WeatherB: DELETED!

Crushman.EXE: 100 HP
CrushMan stumbled forward as the searing heat sent waves of pain throbbing through his system. His exterior showed no damage beside a darkened spot on the back of his armor, but the strike had been undoubtably effective. He briefly considered the master's displeasure at the show of weakness, but he was ignored. "Finish the enemy. I must have my answer." The Navi, recognizing the order, turned back and struck out with the sword. The strange enemy, one seemingly made of mist, Crush briefly wondered just how effective his certainly physical attack would be. He struck out with his blade before backing off to watch it's effectiveness.

He was distracted as the Master's voice returned. "Enough. Take this next weapon, use it, then crush the thing with your own hands." Again, CrushMan questioned the effectiveness of such a strike as his fist was jolted with foreign data. Not both hands, as with the rage claw data, but his right and primary hand alone. The sword he once held dissipated instantly and his right hand grew two great and wicked spears. The pain was there, certainly, as most of the Master's momentary upgrades overwrote his programming, but here there was a sense of familiarity. Perhaps it was simply in the fact that he had another two spikes on his body. Bolts of electricity danced between the two wicked implements and CrushMan understood.

The huge navi dashed forward, right hand reared back as he closed in on the foe. His earlier retreat had been slight, only far enough to gain him time to think, and so it was not so great a distance to cross. With another push of his knees, the navi was hurtling towards his foe. He let loose with a speeding straigth punch towards the enemy and felt an electrical charge roll through him as the weapon activated. The air directly in front of him sparked and exploded with energy as his massive fist tore through. His left arm followed behind to wrap his foe in a deadly embrace. The action seemed quite silly to him, performed on a being that seemingly had no corporeal body, yet the Master's words were absolute. If the enemy could be crushed, CrushMan could do it.

Summary
Sword to Misty - 80 Damage -
MagBolt to Misty - 90 Damage - (
Elec)
Bear Hug to Misty - 60 Damage -
The watery foe is cut and then zapped to death, disappearing before Crushman can make contact.

WeatherA: DELETED!
WeatherB: DELETED!
Misty: DELETED!

Crushman.EXE: 100 HP

Rewards: 500z
CrushMan looks stunned as he breaks through where the enemy had once been, grasping at nothing. Thinking the enemy had dissapeared once again, he readies himself for an attack. "Oh stop it, idiot. You destroyed the enemy, somehow. Perhaps one of your earlier attacks was more effective than I expected? Hmm... The electric blast of the MagBolt was as effective and beautiful as I'd hoped. I must experiment more on chip design. I just wasn't expecting my custom changes to take effect so quickly."

"But enough of that. Gather the data left behind by our foes and continue your search. I must know if my hypothesis is correct." CrushMan obeyed, touching the lingering pocket of data just long enough for it to be uploaded before continuing his Master's will.

(Just realized that the whole instant jack in anywhere thing is pretty hax. Sorry about that Mods. I'll start going through the Square to get to destinations now.)
Virus Attack!

PengiA: 80
PengiB: 80
DharmaA: 90
DharmaB: 90
DharmaC: 90

Crushman: 100

Battle 1 Start!
"Hmm, yes, it does appear to be as I expected. CrushMan, have you noticed anything peculiar? Hmm, probably not. Although I must say, it might simply be too soon to draw a proper conclusion. This requires further analysis. Yes. CrushMan, do away with these ones as well. Just don't make a fool of yourself."

"Destroy both of the enemies that look the same. The PET recognizes the enemy as Pengi viruses, however that helps. We shall eliminate them quickly and then move on." The familiar and uncomfortable surge of data rushed towards CrushMan. He braced himself as the two writhing cannons made themselves manifest not far from his body. The weapons latched onto his arms and the Navi took aim. "Fire them both. Same target. Now." CrushMan obeyed the Master's will. Off went the cannons as twin bolts of energy soared out and converged on their target. The two blasts made contact at the appropriate site and CrushMan advanced on the second target. The weapons shriveled and fell away, dissolving into nothing as Crush made his way towards the enemy.

"And again. Use the sword. Cut the virus down." CrushMan grabbed hold of the greatsword as it appeared in front of him and then dashed the rest of the way, quickly closing the distance between the two. He readied the blade, it's tip leading the way, as he charged forward. He had to conciously remind himself to angle the blade down. He could hardly expect to hit the enemy otherwise. CrushMan continued to close in as his greatsword stay firm and steady in his grasp, seeming much like a cavalry unit with a lance charging down on the enemy.

Summary
1. Cannon to PengiA - 40 Damage -
2. Cannon to PengiA - 40 Damage -
3. Sword to PengiB - 80 Damage -
The first Pengi is brought down by two shots and the second is skewered. For penguin poaching, Crushman recieves a puck in the face.

PengiA:DELETED!
PengiB: DELETED!
DharmaA: 90
DharmaB: 90
DharmaC: 90

Crushman: 85
"You were hit again? You're so pathetic! Finish them off already! I must know if my thesis is correct. It has been confirmed twice, just give me a third time and it shall be clear! Use the MagBolt, scorch him, blast him, jolt him, I don't care, just do it!" Again, the surge of foreign data, again the abrupt and painful altering of his core programming, CrushMan was at least somewhat used to this by now. The Navi lunged forward and stabbed out with his new implement, a pair of prongs protruding from his fist. Sparks of electricity bounced between them as CrushMan moved forward. "No, don't be boring. You did that last time. Use it the other way." CrushMan stopped as he considered the Master's wishes. The other way? "Of course. It figures that I would have to explain everything. Fire it. You know, like you do with the cannon or shotgun. You 'tell' the implement to act and it does. Go on. It's less amusing, but I'd like to see if this works." CrushMan nodded and pointed his weapon at the foe, directly in front of him, not too far away. A moment's concentration yielded results. A bright flash of lightning blinded Crush momentarily as the prongs discharged their energy directly in front of the giant Navi and towards the enemy.

"Beautiful! We must obtain more of them, my friend. Now go, we must finish this and quickly. I can stand delayed gratification though." Twin tubes appeared and connected directly to Crushman's arms as the prongs faded away. "Shotgun. Blast the two survivors. Now where was I? Oh yes. It truly is ever so boring how you always do the same action for every weapon we use. But no matter! I'm certain that with a little tweaking, a few adjustments, I can make our battle strategies oh so much more exciting!" CrushMan fired off the two shots simultaneously, each blast careening towards their target. "Yes. Although there is a certain amount of joy to be found in this."

Summary
MagBolt to DharmaA - 90 Damage -
Elec
Shotgun to DharmaB - 50 Damage -
Shotgun to DharmaC - 50 Damage -
The Dharma is blown apart by the Magbolt. The first shotgun blasts one enemy but the other hits both remaining targets. The last weakened virus hits Crushman with another puck.

DharmaA: DELETED!
DharmaB: DELETED!
DharmaC: 40

Crushman: 70
"Idiot! Do you enjoy being ridiculed? Dear god, allowing yourself to be hit by such a ridiculous attack, you bring shame down upon us both!" CrushMan cringed at every word. 2 mistakes now. Or was it three? No, only two this battle. But the third mistake was always the one that angered the Master. No matter that his attack with the shotgun had been more effective than expected, that was something that only Crush could extract some enjoyment from and then only a little.

"Use the Claws. Rip the enemy to pieces until there's nothing left to remind me of your failure besides the dents in your armor. Just do not forget them." They were forgotten, if just for a moment, as the foreign data integrated itself into CrushMan's systems. The strange and yet familiar feeling of his programming being overwritten jarred his senses as his gauntletted fists curved into wicked claws with razor sharp talons. One talon alone would suffice to cut the enemy in half, were Crush to have that kind of strength. He lacked it now, but in the future he certainly expected himself to be able to do so. After all, the Master always expected improvement. No. He demanded it.

His right claw dug deep into the Net as the pain of his former wounds returned. Heavy dents in his armor marked his embarassing failures and his back still burned from the touch of the mist virus. Had it damaged his Core Data in the process? Crush prayed not. Such injuries were difficult and painful to repair. But there was more at hand than his simple pains. The Master's hunger for vengeance would be satiated. CrushMan would rend the enemy's data, scatter it across the Net, tear it's core data in half and grind it's essence to dust. It was what the Master demanded.

CrushMan pushed off with his right hand as it released the ground and ran forward towards that last enemy, arms outstretched and hanging in the air like coiled vipers ready to strike.

Summary
RageClaw to DharmaC - 40 Damage -
The claw rips the Dharma apart.

DharmaA: DELETED!
DharmaB: DELETED!
DharmaC: DELETED!

Rewards: Icewave1, 250z
CrushMan stays in place after dispatching the enemy, stays still after the data altering his hands shifted and faded away. The Master was laughing. Not a full laugh, a light chuckle more than anything else. He had pleased the Master!

"We're not done here yet, Crush," the master said as his tone changed. This was the Master he expected. "Seeing all of that, I was truly inspired. I believe we'll go over some new training soon. Yes, I have some new ideas I would like to implement in our fighting style. Yes, I rather think that this shall be quite enjoyable." Crush remembered his last training, the armor shift training. It was hard, it was painful and it was effective. Crush could only prey this newest training would be kinder to his body. "Take the data Crush. Don't just let it sit there." The Navi obeyed and transferred the remains of his foes to the Master. Again, there was silence for a prolonged period.

"Interesting... Very interesting. I like it. I should think that I will have to do just a little bit of work on it, but... Crush? What are you doing? Don't just stand there! There is my mission, remember? Discovering if there is organization behind the enemy forces, damnation, have you forgotten already? Go!"

CrushMan began the search again, for the Master. Finding viruses for the Master, a third battle in this strange region, Crush could only obey and believe that the Master knew what he was doing. To hesitate was to know failure, after all.
Virus Attack!

PuffyA: 80
PuffyB: 80
PuffyC: 80
StarfishEXA: 90
StarfishEXB: 90
StarfishEXC: 90

Battle 3? Start!
CrushMan stopped as the enemies appeared, converging on his position seemingly all at once. Surely the Master would call the retreat now! The odds were too great! The possibility of victory too slim! Surely-

"Go. Destroy them." CrushMan moved suddenly, a reflex to hearing that comand, as his thoughts told him no. He didn't want to fight this battle. Did he want to fight any of the battles? Yes, for the Master's sake, the Master's will, the Master's entertainment, that's why he fought the battles. So there was a reason to this one as well. But the pain...

There would be pain either way, wouldn't there? If he failed, the Master would punish him. If he fought, the enemies would hurt him, perhaps even destroy him! What a frightening thought! What he'd done to the enemy so many times before, that fate might be coming for him now!

"I have no doubts no. The enemy is most certainly organized. The longer we stay here, the stronger the resistance becomes. Is that because there is some greater, stronger guiding force behind the enemy, such as some kind of leader, or is it simply the enemy banding together to drive back the enemy? The second option seems much more likely, yet it doesn't seem to fit... No matter. I will have my satisfaction. We will continue to explore this matter some other time. For now, eliminate them!"

Again, that familiar rush, that familiar pain, that indescribable feeling of wrongness overcame CrushMan's senses as he right hand changed. Two prongs burst out of his fist as lightning danced between the two spikes. "Eliminate the mist enemy first. We know the damage they are capable of inflicting! We'll shock it, that must've been what injured it so in our previous encounter! Blast him!" CrushMan obeyed, sending the mental command into his new implement and discharging a scorching fan of electricity directly in front of him, at the strange and frighteningly powerful mist virus. "Don't hold back! Rush forward! Crush him, CrushMan!"

The item on his hand quickly dissipated as he moved forward. He knew this order. Crushing the enemy, he could do that. Again he was forced to wonder just how effective his maneuver could be, but the sword had managed to work. Why wouldn't his hands, his arms, his fists? He reached out and dashed forward, feeling tingles of electricity from the discharged blast still lingering all around him. He made a leap for the almost formless foe as the Master issued his final commands. "There is no shame in damage, in being struck, not in this fight. There is only shame in defeat. Nonetheless, avoid the enemy's attacks! As soon as the resistance breaks, as soon as you crush that enemy to nothing, back away, quickly! You must be prepared for the inevitable counterattack! Remember the armor shift! As the enemy strikes you, move with the attack, let it roll off your armor or simply let it absorb the attack. You must defend yourself this time!"

Summary
MagBolt1 to Misty - 90 Damage -
Elec
Bear Hug to Misty - 60 Damage -
Dodge
Crushman fries the Misty, then finishes it off by grabbing it and crushing it. A Starfish shoots a bubble at him, but misses. Then a needle appears from above and strikes the navi.

PuffyA: 80
StarfishEXA: 90
StarfishEXB: 90

Crushman: 40
"Hmm... The worst threat has been eliminated. Good. However, the problem now is, what is our next action? Do we thin the enemy ranks or make defensive strikes? No, there's still too many for an all out attack. CrushMan?"

The Navi was a little preocupied. He heard the Masters call, but the pain was there. He knew it would be. It had to be. A long spike of viral data was imbedded into his shoulder, slowly altering his programming. He made a grasp for the object and it burned to touch. The foreign data was hostile, meaning to destroy him! He pulld the needle out and hurled it away, yet still that pain remained. At the least, where there once was a constant burning sensation there was now simple pain. It was easier to deal with.

Good. Now that you've taken care of that, strike the enemy down. Carefully." Shotgun data. The least intrusive of his weapons, beyond his own hands. He recognized the data as it formed and grabbed a hold of the weapon. He was slightly disturbed, Crush did not hear the master question himself often. It was quite the rarity. "Now Crush, shoot the enemy that resembles a starfish. Or rather, the enemy with five distinct points, not the enemy full of points. Fire."

CrushMan did, putting his feeling into that command that activated the weapon. Out flew the supercharged blast as the weapon that held it fell uselessly away. The sword data was next. The great sword formed in front of him and Crush grabbed it eagerly. The weapons could not come quickly enough, not now. "Now attack the pointy enemy. Cleave it in half!" CrushMan started dashing towards the designated foe, weapon raised and ready. Out went the great sword, cleaving through the air, towards the target. "Remember CrushMan, defense! Defend yourself by any means necessary. Use the damn sword if you have to!"

Shotgun to StarfishEXA - 50 Damage - Possible Splash
Sword to PuffyA - 80 Damage -
Dodge
The shotgun hits one starfish and its neighbot while the Puffy is popped. Another needle flies, but it mises. However, a bubble moves forward and wraps around Crushman.

PuffyA: DELETED!
StarfishEXA: 40
StarfishEXB: 40

Crushman: 1(Trapped! One action to escape)