A cat, a doctor, and a god

((After nearly a month of inactivity, this thread now progresses))

DNR sends out his attacks and then is whisked away.
Raiden lays the smackdown on the Smashers.
Cheshire serves some lamb flambe, and puts a stake in one Moloko.
The undamaged Moloko charges head-on at Cheshire, but misses and crashes into a wall (20) as Cheshire nimbly dodges out of the way.
The two remaining Smashers aim at Raiden and DNR, and fire, but miss as DNR was already gone and Raiden nimbly dodged out of the way.
The Gaia's swing their hammers at Raiden and Cheshire, knocking them into each other, but luckily the duo are standing on Holy Panels, reducing their damage.

MolokoA: DELETED
MolokoB: DELETED
MolokoC: DELETED
MolokoD: 20 HP
MolokoE: 80 HP
SmasherA: DELETED
SmasherB: DELETED
SmasherC: DELETED
SmasherD: 120 HP
SmasherE: 120 HP
BandcoonA: DELETED
BandcoonB: DELETED
BandcoonC: DELETED
GaiaA: 100 HP
GaiaB: 100 HP
Trumpy: DELETED

Terrain: 3/4 Holy, 1/4 Cracked

Raiden.exe: 130 HP
Cheshire.exe: 130 HP
DNR.exe: LOLWHISKEDAWAI

((Note to self, don't ever use Holy Panels again, they screw up my damage calculations @_@))
[Time for another month of inactivity. XD. Consider this a spot-save.]
The Gaia's hammer slammed the all-powerful sky lord into Cheshire. Things would have been worse if one of his feet hadn't dragged itself along the ground, skipping from a cracked panel to a glowing one and transferring the protection of the holy panel into him. Regardless of the amount of sacred power, crashing into another Navi at high speed was far from pleasant. Raiden dropped forward onto his knees and threw out one hand to keep himself from toppling onto his face. His palm met fractured panel, which crumbled away into the blackness below at his touch. He flailed backwards to avoid overbalancing into the pit, landing on the end, and already unpacking the chip data that Anti was sending down.

Raiden grinned casually over his shoulder at Cheshire as he held one hand toward the viruses. A sphere of white energy appeared there. It bobbed in the air as if it were floating in water rather than air. He crooked one finger toward one of the Gaias, and the Shotgun blast shot off at such a speed that the only evidence of its passing was a brief white streak.

"Better think about being more careful and keeping an eye on those hammers next time, huh?" Raiden suggested to Cheshire, as if he hadn't been smacked around by one as well. "It's all right if you can't take care of yourself. I'll keep an eye on you and make sure you don't get yourself deleted."

He hopped back to his feet and skimmed one hand along the ground. Light seemed to rise from the tiles and stick to his fingers, forming a much larger, fatter charge of energy than the Shotgun. Raiden squared his feet, took aim, and fired the Cannon at the other Gaia with a resounding boom of discharge.

Something flashed, and a flickering red tracer round appeared, stuck to the forehead of the stronger Moloko. Raiden hadn't made a single movement to conjure it. All he did was smirk as he let his hand fall to his side. Narrow streamers of energy began to leap between the tips of his fingers and the ground below, quickly escalating in thickness and range until his entire arm was a pillar of light connected to the floor. The flows snapped as Raiden leveled his arm with the tracer-equipped Moloko, but the energy seemed to grow only stronger. The light exploded into a million fragments that shot away in all directions, curved around, and descended onto the virus like a storm of falling stars.

The all-powerful sky lord paused. It seemed as if he had forgotten something, but couldn't quite remember what it--

Raiden pivoted on one foot and jammed himself to a halt with the other, pointing at the Gaias with two fingers. The very air around them erupted in fire and lava that inexplicably engulfed the two viruses in a swirling maelstrom of superheated air.

He smirked at Cheshire. "Don't worry, I've got it under control."

1. Shotgun @ GaiaA (50 NORMAL damage + spread1)
2. Cannon @ GaiaB (40 NORMAL damage)
3. Markcannon1 (untapped power) @ MolokoE (70 + 10 = 80 NORMAL damage)
4. Flameline1 @ GaiaA, GaiaB (70 FIRE damage)
"Hrnf!" was the extent of Cheshire's wit as the air was forced out of her lungs -- by her omnipolar partner, oddly enough. A cursory glance lay the blame soundly on the Gaias' armored shoulders; still, there was something about getting flanked that was thoroughly embarrassing. It was lucky she had passed to an oddly glowing panel before the brunt of the attack; it had felt a lot lighter than it should have. Of course, it had also come from two sides at once, and neither her nor her partner were very well suited to act as emergency cushions.

The "god" had already leapt to his feet, after a short bout of slapstick flailing which had left Cheshire laughing merrily. She climbed to her feet, using the bamboo pole she held as a form of unnecessary leverage, and dusting herself off in the usual cattish way that signified that she had really intended to get hit by that attack all along, and if anyone thought otherwise it was their fault for possessing inferior eyesight. This gesture seemed to go unnoticed; Raiden was already mouthing off and blitzing the few virii that remained, although he seemed perfectly ignorant of the moving turrets off and to his right.

Cheshire was nothing if not prompt. She shifted her grip on the bamboo pole, holding it at the ready above her head. With a twist of her shoulders, she let fly, the hollow pole letting out an unsettling howl as if eager to leave her hand.

About this time, the smirking deity started mouthing off again. The sheer nerve he had to talk like that to someone who was at least his equal set Arco's blood to boiling, but it seemed Cheshire was ignoring all but the general gist.

"Thanks, cutie." Cheshire winked at the navi in what may or may not have been another attempt to mess with his head. "But I think I can take care of my own tail for now." As if to illustrate this point, she stepped close to the second moving turret, pulling her fist back for a second, and let loose with a single fiery punch. The heat from the flames wreathing her arm stung her eyes, but when they subsided a silvered pistol with a red grip was clenched in her fist.

"You watching, Raiden?" She pulled back the hammer with a click. "Maybe you'll learn something." The moment she squeezed the trigger, a torrent of water spread from every crack in the gun's makeup; thankfully, the majority of the water made its way out through the barrel as the gunsmith had intended, and Cheshire largely managed to avoid getting soaked. Raiden, however, was in perfect position to get hit with the spray from the seam between the five bullet chambers and the body of the gun.

"Oops." Cheshire noted. "Better work on your reflexes, huh? If that were a hammer..." She let that thought trail off with a smile. She squeezed off another shot, much more standard in its appearance, right at the remaining sheep.

---------------
1. BambooSword to SmasherD (80, [A], Wood)
2. Firehit1 to SmasherE (70, [A], Fire)
3. Wideshot to SmasherD, E (80, [A], Water)
4. Cannon to MolokoD (40, [A])
Raiden takes care off all his targets.
Cheshire wipes out her opponents as well.

MolokoA: DELETED
MolokoB: DELETED
MolokoC: DELETED
MolokoD: DELETED
MolokoE: DELETED
SmasherA: DELETED
SmasherB: DELETED
SmasherC: DELETED
SmasherD: DELETED
SmasherE: DELETED
BandcoonA: DELETED
BandcoonB: DELETED
BandcoonC: DELETED
GaiaA: DELETED
GaiaB: DELETED
Trumpy: DELETED

Terrain: 3/4 Holy, 1/4 Cracked

Raiden.exe: 130 HP
DNR.exe: LOLWHISKEDAWAI!

-VICTORY-
Raiden Get: Magnum, 700z
Cheshire Get: Mokorush1, 700z
DNR GET: NOTHING! TOO BAD!

FXP: 5
With a triumphant smirk to try and gloss over the physical humour that he had provided while almost falling to his deletion in the Net abyss, Raiden arched one finger toward the money and Chip data that the viruses had dropped. A thread-narrow bolt of lightning leapt from his hand, struck the prizes, and whisked them away to the safety of Anti's PET.

"Not too tough, huh?" he remarked idly, crossing his arms behind his head and looking vaguely up into the darkened sky of the Internet. "Proved to be too much for that doctor, though. You're not half-bad, I guess, kitty-cat." He rounded on Cheshire, grinning. "But the little lady could use some work. Go and come back once you've done some more practicing and you're up near my skill range, heh? Maybe then you'll actually be entertaining to fight with."

Leaving the last few insults stinging, Raiden lowered his arms and took a couple of hopping steps back. A massive lightning struck lit up the Network directly where he stood, completely consuming him. A half-second later, when the lightning had receded, Raiden was nowhere to be seen. It was hardly a polite way to send off his busting partner...
((I'm too tired to make a continuation post. Bring it ON, baby!))
Cheshire, all on her lonesome, encounters a group slightly smalled than what she faced before.

BoomerEXA: 100 HP
BoomerEXB: 100 HP
BoomerEXC: 100 HP
BoomerEXD: 100 HP
BoomerEXE: 100 HP (lol)
VolgearEXA: 120 HP
VolgearEXB: 120 HP
VolgearEXC: 120 HP
VolgearEXD: 120 HP (lol)
VolgearEXE: 120 HP

-IT'S SHOWTIME!-
-BATTLE 4-
-ACTION!-
((SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!))

As various floating menaces closed in on her, it was all Cheshire could do not to yawn; despite her best efforts, the end results were nothing close to surreptitious. After Arco had been treated to a clear and prolonged view of teeth that weren't quite fangs, she started to yawn as well.
"Damnit, Chess..." Arco muttered with as much dignity as she could muster while yawning, "You gonna take a catnap now or something? I don't see anything tranquil or comforting about viruses closing in on all sides."
Cheshire stretched first her arms, then her back, smiling all the while. "Nah, I'm still gonna kill these guys. It's just that I've got the strangest feeling, like I've been standing still for a month or two."
"Weird..." Arco smiled. "You sure you're not crossing the line into total insanity now?"
"Don't count on that just yet. Now, can I get some chips?"

Arco had been sorting things out in her head since the viruses had appeared. Although they had already seen the furnace viruses on several occasions and they were handled simply enough, she didn't quite recall the floating clothespin viruses.
"Weird..." she murmured. "Chess, you're closer up than me. Those things are metal, right?"
Chess smiled and gave a sort of salute. "No way! 'Though they appear to be metallic indeed, they are in reality only forty percent metal!' Trust me, these things burn like anything else."
Arco quickly rearranged the chips lying faceup on the tatami. That made things simple. Three Flamelines... She would use the furnace things against the clothespin things. The furnace things themselves were a bit more of a problem; water chips were a little more scarce, but just a little. The Wideshot, then the Bubbler to clean up whatever was left... But the viruses were coming in pretty fast. Was there even time to finish that, let alone use a BubbleStar to clean up the stragglers? "It's up to you now, Chess." She popped the appropriate chips into their sockets.
"Then the battle's already won!" the catgirl chirped.

As the battle data downloaded into Cheshire's temporary files (bringing with a familiar faint sense of euphoria,) she looked around at the group that had assembled itself in a little semicircle around her. "Man, still waiting? Aren't you guys polite!" A little flame crackled to life just beyond the tip of her outstretched finger. "Overall, though, it might have been a bad idea."

She cocked her thumb back like the hammer of a pistol and let it fall. Immediately, the flame burning merrily a centimeter from her finger spread outwards in a horizontal spray, bathing much of the area in a jolly yellow glow. As soon as that subsided, she brought her thumb up and let it fall again, prompting a spray of fire wholly similar to the one just before, albeit aimed slightly farther to the right. Shortly, though, there was no evidence that the fires had ever presented themselves; not even a trail of smoke. Hardly even any virii, Cheshire noted with a smile. She turned leisurely to face her next doomed targets -- only to find they were not there.
"Cheshire! Turn around!"
And there they were, grinning furnaces rapidly closing the distance between them. No time for affectations. She drew the chain, which became cold to the touch, and swung wildly to hit her assailants before they could fight back.

---------------
Yes, I just totally took the easy way out of that post. But hey, it's MY triumphant return, and I can do what I want!
1. Flameline1 to BoomerEXA, B, C (70, Fire, [A])
2. Flameline1 to BoomerEXD, E, VolgearA (70, Fire, [A])
3. Wideshot to VolgearEXB, C, D (80, Aqua, [A])
4. Bubbler to VolgearEXA (50, Aqua, [A])
((D:<))
Cheshire wipes out the majority of viruses with fire and water. The last one, frightened by the display, flees for its life.

BoomerEXA: BALEETED
BoomerEXB: I'M ON FIRE
BoomerEXC: GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!
BoomerEXD: HOT! HOT! HOT!
BoomerEXE: BURNINATION!
VolgearEXA: One bubble
VolgearEXB: Two bubble
VolgearEXC: Three bubble
VolgearEXD: Four
VolgearEXE: RAN AWAY!

-VICTORY-