Red's first NetPolice Mission!

Red's glorious burst of dramatics allows her to struggle free of Stunt's smokey grip, and her three-hundred-and-sixty-degree gambit pays off as the smoke is temporarily cleared! The terrible trickster made no effort to hide his position, however, and stood there, laughing maliciously as Red's pink tornado tore directly into him, slicing his black jacket as the blossoms blew past. As the smoke cleared, Red's eyes widened in horror as the ground appeared to be littered with the small black explosives. If they all went off at once, it wouldn't just clear the area... it would devastate the entire network!

"Is that all you've got, Shin? What happened? These CAN'T have been the tactics you used on Master D!" laughed Stunt, apparently unconcerned by Red's onslaught, "Don't you care that this little bitch of yours is gonna die?! I dare you... no, I CHALLENGE you to stop me! Not that you CAN, anyways!" Unperturbed, the crimson crusader moved in for the kill, her fully-charged sword battlechip at the ready. With a resounding cry, she plunged the sword deep into Stunt's chest! Victory was hers!

...or was it?

Stunt, still grinning like a maniac, grabbed Red's sword arm and drew her closer. "You're a bit off, dear," he said, caressing her cheek and looking rather demonic in the red radiant glow of her sword chip, "Here, let me show you how it's done!" With that, the acrobatic adversary twisted Red's arm, sending the blade even DEEPER into his own body. (+80 damage) "I'm telling you girl, it's hopeless!" he cried, kicking the crimson crusaderette directly in the chest and sending her flying backward. (20) Her head slightly hazy from the impact and her sword unattached from her arm and still embedded in Stunt's chest, Red could do little more than stagger to her feet and prepare for the ex-rogue's next move. Stunt merely grinned as he pulled the brilliant crimson sword from his chest and shattered the blade with a single punch. As the red fragments rained down across the battlefield, the trickster navis smirked and gave Red a little wave.

Wait, trickster navis?

"Only ((two turns)) left!" said the left Stunt cheerfully, a trickle of blood running down from his lip, "how will you spend them?"

Red: 18 (sword lost)

StuntA: 500
StuntB: 500
StuntC: 500
Voidbomb Count: 2
"Well I actually had covering for guerilla tactic warfare," Shin commented, sweatdropping.
"Come on Shin! You have to think of something!" Red pleaded, her health staggering low.
Dammit, the only thing I can think of is using the Elecsword to its full extent and switching to Rageclaw afterwards, Looks like I have no choice but to do that Shin thought, biting his thumb nail. "Red! Attack them as best as you can! This is the only way we'll be able to beat him in time! Elecsword! Slot-in!" Shin yelled, sending the chips to Red.
"I guess it's the only way huh?" Red asked as her right arm burst out and morphed into a yellow blade with electricity crackling around it. "Prepare to die!" Red shouted as she rushed at the Stunts.
The red-caped wonder charged fully at the Rogue and his clones, slicing widely at the three of them, hoping to catch them in one sweep, not caring if she hit all of them, just one would do. The crimson crusader did not let up, slashing furiously at the Rogues again and again. Each swipe was visualized in the form of a wide yellow blur, releasing a shock of electricity with each blow. At her last strike, Red screamed an unintelligible war-cry, the blue sparks of electricity on her sword turning a crimson red, and she sliced down at the middle Stunt.
"GO BACK TO THE UNDERNET YOU SCUM!" Red roared, eyes blazing with demonic fire.

Turn Summary
Last stand
1-3. Elecsword at Stunts [80 Elec DMG]
4. Untapped Power Elecsword to StuntB [85 DMG]
The three Stunts moved with nimble agility, but were unable to evade Red's final assault. The whirling ElecSword buzzed through the air, sending a shower of sparks flying across the arena as it neatly sliced through Stunt's illusions in the first strike. Once, twice, three times the blade bit into Stunt's body, leaving smoking cuts on his jacket and underlying bodysuit. As Red raised her sword up for the final attack, however, the acrobatic adversary made his move. Moving at a blinding speed, he grabbed Red's arm on her downswing, preventing the crimson crusader from completing her crushing cut. With another punch, Stunt shattered her elecsword, extinguishing the final hope for her survival and sending charged fragments of energy raining down onto the network. "Oh dear... and you almost had me too," he said to her, moving closer to her body and smiling. In a cruel, disrespectful gesture (20), Stunt slapped her again, causing her to crumple to the ground.

"Oh wait, I almost forgot," he said sarcastically, tapping his chest and activating a strange green aura that surrounded his body, "Never mind. You never stood a chance after all!" Laughing maniacally, he began to collect all the smoke in the area into a single swirling orb above his head. "I've had fun, jailbait, I really have! But I'm afraid this is where you find out how helpless you really are!" With that, Stunt extended his arm forward toward Red. Taking the form of long coils of mist, the smokey orb burst toward the heavily damaged navi, snaking over her body and binding her to the ground. Unable to see, hear, speak, or even move, Red could do little more than struggle in Stunt's latest trap as he laughed once again, turning to the sky and addressing her netOp. "She can't hear you Shin. That beautiful smoke of mine has the added property of effectively blocking out communications with the outside world," said Stunt, picking up a small shard of Red's broken elecsword and generating a small, charged cutting blade, "Though I suppose it's just as well, since I doubt you'd want to hear her scream your name."

Moving slowly to the swirling mass of smoke that encompassed Red, Stunt waved his hand callously, blowing away the smoke surrounding Red's face. The trickster navi grinned mirthlessly as he held the cutting edge of the elecsword shard close to her head, its yellow glow bathing her features in an unearthly light. "How does it feel, Shin? To be at the end of your rope? To watch helplessly, unable to do anything, as something you care about is torn away from you? Do you hate me? Crave revenge?" Stunt bit his lip, his body still glowing with a terrible green aura, "Well go on, swear it! I want to hear you curse my name! I want you to experience the hell we went through!" Stunt laughed as he turned around, keeping the blade close to Red's face but pointing toward the sky, "You think you're a hero? You're nothing, Shin! NOTHING! You can't escape it! You really can't! We'll always come back, stronger than ever! I heard that even the 'legendary' Soulman bit the dust, huh? Too bad for that fool!"

With that, he turned to Red once more, grinning like a maniac and twirling his makeshift blade. "I told you, jailbait, it's hopeless. I hope you're ready."

As Red stared up at the laughing trickster, something flashed in the corner of her eye...

-*-

RP well to... survive!

Red: 1, SmokeBound (Immobile, cannot use arms or legs, sig attacks inactive), Comm-locked (cannot use battlechips)

Stunt: 260 (Barrier 200/200)
Voidbomb Count: 1
((EPIC POST ATTACK))

Shin banged his head against the table he was sitting next to, Grah! How could I be so stupid! At this rate... Red will be.. Shin thought, then paused for dramatic effect, DELETED! I can't let that happen! I just can't,Shin kept thinking, staring at the fuzzy screen where Stunt had cut him off. Stunt... "YOU STUPID IDIOT! Toying with other people's navis, making a mockery of them! You'll pay! I swear it!" Shin yelled at the screen, pounding his fist on the table. The netop stayed silent for a while

-

On the netside, Red was still struggling against her bonds, she felt weak, Stunt's previous attack had left her down to her last hit point, It's no use, I'm going to be deleted at this rate, Red thought, sadly, her eyes glazed over as if all hope was lost, But what was that flash I saw earlier? It couldn't be my Elecsword, Red wondered, staring at the broken pieces of her shattered weapon in front of her. It has to be someone else, I'd call out to them, but in this state... Red thought, looking at her body, the smoke had bound all of her body tightly, it really seemed there was no chance to escape. The crimson crusader sighed, trying to struggle more, but to no avail, Yeah, I'm just totally doomed, the navi lamented, I know Shin's going to be really upset about this, but... I hope he doesn't do anything stupid like try to get revenge on this stupid pervert. Red thought, staring at the opponent in front of her eyes who held a bit of her broken blade close to her face

-

Unfortunately for Red, revenge was the exact thing Shin was thinking of. "I'll bring Shuilong back, and beat this asshole into total deletion," Shin swore, then suddenly, he slapped himself.
"Fool," Shin muttered, his red eyes burning, not with hatred, but contempt at himself, "How is that going to solve anything? It won't bring her back if she's deleted," Shin reasoned, staring back at the PET screen. "There's got to be something I can do..." Shin mumbled, accessing the PET's various menus. "Battlechips, no, it's already blocked off," Shin lamented, closing the screens. "Goodbye Red, in the short time I've known you, you've been a good friend to me. I'll miss you." Shin said, starting to weep for the imminent demise of his red-hooded companion.

-

Goodbye Shin, I hope you'll live well, for the rest of your life, Red prayed, closing her eyes, as Shin put his forehead to his PET, closing his eyes as well, bending in a praying position. They both waited for the final blow and uttered one word.

"Goodbye."

Turn Summary
1-4. Dramatics

((Bump. On an additional note, if you do not mod within 72 hours, I will commit senpukku due to the high amounts of stress that I am facing from all the suspense. Thank you.))
"That transaction took exactly 21.82 seconds longer to complete than it should have! Where the hell were you all this time?"

"Sorry Tempoman. There was a pretty large crowd outside today, you know? It's like you say, when you're in business, there's nothing more important than customer satis..."

The small blue navi scoffed disrespectfully and began revving his processors up to their maximum setting. "I know, I know," interrupted Tempoman as a crimson aura engulfed his body, bathing the immediate area in a brilliant red glow, "Processing speed at 520% and increasing. Cooling systems are running at optimal capacity. All systems are green - preparing to engage our target." His long gray scarf began to billow in the wind as he quickly picked up speed, appearing and disappearing in flashes of crimson light. Tempoman grimaced as he traversed the blasted landscape, his steely-blue eyes locked in an intense stare. It's a good thing Suitachi at least remembered to leave the initialization code for the weapons, he thought, tapping his emblem twice and initializing a strange transformation, This is going to be a bit rushed. The delay is not Suitachi's fault, but all the same... I hope we're not too late.

-*-

As he sat by his desk behind the Navi Shop counter, Suitachi's fingers flew across the keyboard of his laptop. "I've refilled the ammunition on your netpolice weapon, so don't hold back," he said, adjusting his glasses as he slid a silver battlechip into his chiptray, "Your first priority is to neutralize the threat that Stunt presents to those in the immediate area. This is a simple extraction job, since given our previous experience with Stunt, I doubt we'll have any luck disarming those bombs. Get in, get out. Simple enough?"

"Roger that, Suitachi," shouted Tempoman over the roar of his processors, "Executing battle routines!"

The dark-haired netOp-turned-shopkeep fiddled with his hat as he watched the screen intently. Ignoring the confused customers that populated his store, Suitachi twirled a set of battlechips, prepared to upload them to his navi's circuitry at a moment's notice. I never thought we'd run into him again... he thought, frowning as Tempoman tore through the network like a bolt of crimson lightning, Good thing Soryu apparently has a score to settle with Stunt as well...

-*-

A split-second later, a very surprised-looking Stunt found himself face to finned-helmet-clad face with the small blue navi. "You.... Blue-balls!" muttered Stunt, dropping the makeshift knife in shock. Though Tempoman's armor had since transformed into a rather complex-looking set of vents and now covered his entire body, there was no mistaking that accursed blue helmet and insolent look! Glaring at his opponent for no more than an instant, the aura-sheathed hero dug his toes into the ground and pressed upward with all his overclocked speed, shattering the network below him and entering a neat backflip. The kinetic energy processors of his body whirred to life as his right foot connected with Stunt's chin, sending the terrible trickster flying into the air. Landing heavily in a crouch, the small blue navi drew back his right hand, tightening it into a fist as the netpolice armor whirled to life once more. Turning momentarily to face the captive Red, he nodded and flashed a slight smile. "Don't worry about a thing," he said, "We're here to help."

With that he was gone again, propelled through space and time by an areagrab battlechip. Reappearing right beside the airborne Stunt, Tempoman connected with a powerful right hook, aimed to knock the acrobatic adversary away from his latest victim. With a sickening crunch, Tempoman's blow sent the trickster barreling toward earth once more, smashing into the ground and leaving a massive crater in his wake. As the small blue navi landed, panting slightly, he crouched down and picked up the smoke-sheathed Red, holding the smaller navi tightly in his arms. "Hmm... it seems I've miscalculated the allocation of my system resources," muttered Tempoman, bits of green code flashing across his pupils, "I suppose it's time for me to tag out."

Turning to the sky, he raised his right hand and waved it around as though signalling some unseen assistant. "Persephone! Now!" he cried, holding the semi-conscious female in his left arm and firing a strange dart skyward with his right. A split-second later, Red felt herself being pulled skyward...

1: Overclock (10 damage to self, IC speed increase, evasion increase)
2: TempoArmor Kick Stunt into the air (20 damage + knockback, -30 Ammo)
3: Areagrab to Stunt
4: TempoArmor Punch Stunt away (20 damage + knockback, -30 Ammo)
5: Pick up Red
6: Appear-2-peer to ??? (switch places with target)

Netpolice Weapon: TempoArmor Ammunition — 240/300
...and reappeared about forty feet in the air, still in Tempoman's arms, but upon a floating book and looking at a white-clad female navi with green hair. The sprightly-looking summoner giggled as she addressed her partner. "Syne's going to be so jealous with you gallivanting with two girls like this," she said, causing Tempoman to almost drop Red in embarrassment. "It's... it's not like that at all!" mumbled a flustered looking Tempoman, placing Red gingerly on the pages of the floating book and turning looking away, "Syne knows exactly where I am right now, and she is completely fine with that knowledge."

"Sure she does, blue," smiled Persephone sweetly, "I'll tell her you said that next time we..."

"Persephone, focus, please!" came Soryu's voice over the intercom, "Your sister is fighting down there and all you can do is make cracks at Tempoman's personal life?"

Persephone pouted for a moment, then shook her head, locks of green hair flowing lightly in the digitized wind. Extending her arms forward toward the entrapped Red, she began chanting in some archaic tongue. Instantly a burst of air rushed by the trio of navis. Though the gust wasn't enough to blow any of them over, Red could feel the oppressive smoke being lifted from her body. She was free... at least, for now.

-*-

Down below, Stunt struggled to his feet. Though his barrier had reduced the impact of Tempoman's assault, the trickster navi was downright enraged over this latest chain of events. "No way, blue-balls," smirked Stunt, balling his hands into fists and glaring up at the floating book. Tossing a menagerie of smoke bombs onto the explosive-ridden ground, Stunt began to generate yet another fog bank as he ranted upward at Red's rescuers. "There's no way I'm letting this opportunity get away from me! I'll show you the burning fury of my seven-year revenge!"

"Funny you should say that," came a chilly female voice from behind him, "I always figured that revenge was a dish best served cold."

Stunt's eyes widened in surprise as a powerful kick lashed out toward his head. Barely ducking in time, he staggered back, a scowl replacing his normally-smug demeanor. "You!" he growled, drawing back his fist in preparation to strike, "Th... this is impossible! I killed you! You're dead!"

His attacker, a blue-haired female clad in a dark-gray bodysuit and a metallic visor, smiled a cold smile and caught his oncoming punch in the palm of her hand. "Last I checked, so were you," she said coyly, "but I am flattered that you bothered to remember me."

-*-

Outside, in Shin's PET, Tempoman and Persephone appeared in a holographic display from the small device's projector. Looking at the once-familiar face with a serious expression on his face, the small blue navi cleared his throat and spoke. "It's been a while, Fujiwara Shin," said Tempoman, nodding his head, "We don't have much time, but on behalf of Sonata, I would like to..."

"He's speaking on behalf of Sonata," interrupted Persephone, wagging her finger, "I'm just here for Stunt. Unlike him, I've never been one for commitment... and truthfully, no need to thank us. He's just doing it for the cute girls."

Tempoman tensed up, and whirled around toward his white-clad counterpart. Had the hologram transmission been coded with color, Shin could swear that the tactical netnavi would have been bright red. "Persephone, I'm taken. Happily, I might add," he protested before turning back to Shin, "Regardless, I believe that we should be... wait... Persephone! WATCH THE RIGHT! THE RIGHT! THE...."

...and then... static. What just happened?

1: Activate NetPolice Weapon: VariableBook — Increase evade while active, 40 Ammo used per turn.
2: Summon Celsius (Celsius sticks around until 1 action is used. While around, reduces enemy accuracy. 1 action may be used to deal 200 splittable damage or immobilize up to 5 opponents), position is swapped with Tempoman's appear-2-peer
3: Northwind (Removes barriers) to Red, release from SmokeBound
4: Celsius Attack: 200 to Stunt
5-6: Attempt to fly away

Netpolice Weapon — VariableBook Ammunition - 260/300

((DO NOT POST YET, WAIT FOR MOD POST))
((bump))
What happened? I can tell you what happened! Stunt's smoky counterattack had shattered Persephone's VariableBook system, sending all three navis plummetting to the ground. Tempoman hit the ground first, having augmented his angle of descent as to increase the speed at which he fell. Rolling to the side to catch the heavily-damaged Red, he was forced to dodge out of the way as Stunt came crashing down beside him, shattering the network with a powerful heel drop. Seething with anger, the trickster navi wiped his mouth with a bloodstained hand before speaking. "You... you're a lot stupider than I gave you credit for, blue-balls!" he scowled, holding out his fist as Tempoman and Persephone struggled to their feet, "The voidbomb here is gonna blow us all to smithereens in a few short moments, and *I* sure as hell ain't gonna let you three escape."

Red's two saviors quickly moved in a defensive arc around the damaged Red, prepared to defend her against Stunt's next move. "Persephone, take the girl and get out of here. I can hold him off - he wants his revenge on me," he said grimly, adopting a fighting pose and lowering his shoulder, "There's no need for all three of us to die here today."

Persephone hesitated, reluctant to give up the chance to avenge Celsius' death. The green-haired navi looked from Stunt to Red and back again, as if weighing the options carefully. "I should be the one to fight him," she whispered, opening her book of summons and glaring at the acrobatic adversary with a tinge of fear, "He killed my sister. If anyone should be the one to take him down, it's me. I'm the one entitled to revenge."

"We don't have time for this. Revenge doesn't solve anything — I should know," growled Tempoman, "I've done the calculations, and have found that my proposed course of action has the greatest likelihood of success. Now get out of here!"

Before Persephone could respond, however, a massive wall of smoke erupted from behind the three navis. The shockwave from the eruption forced the small group backward toward Stunt and the epicenter of the deathtrap. The trickster netNavi grinned maliciously as his hand began to emit a strange, sickly purple glow. "Seven years is a long time, blue-balls," he said, "You two haven't changed one bit since that day, but I'll show you just how much I've changed. I'm going to enjoy watching you go up in smoke, blue-balls, and my only regret is that I won't have a chance to have my fun with those two girls over there before we're all sent on a one-way trip to the great beyond." The purple aura seemed to engulf his entire body as Stunt's eyes flashed a blazing shade of crimson. "I've been saving this for you, blue-balls! Witness the net result of my seven years of waiting! Prepare yourselves for oblivion!" The deadly acrobat opened his closed fist, revealing a small, violet chip that integrated itself into his body. "TAKE THIS, BLUE-BALLS!" he cried, "DARK CAR...."

"M...Mister Stunt! What are you doing?!"

The sound of the virtual sound barrier being torn apart rang throughout the arena as a silvery navi shot through the wall of smoke, enclosed in a blazing crimson aura. Landing in front of Stunt in a crouched position, the strange newcomer slowly moved to its feet, the aura giving off an oppressive amount of heat and blurring the air around it. "I... I thought your job was to blow up this segment of Yoka's network! The bomb is going to explode any second now!" said the navi, in a surprisingly calming and naïve-sounding voice, "I noticed you hadn't returned to Teksqp headquarters, so got worried and came here to check on you!"

Tempoman's eyes widened in shock as he stumbled backwards, staring at the silver newcomer in horror. "C...C...Cadence?" he stammered, "That's not possible. He died... almost seven years ago!"

Stunt meanwhile, looked ready to literally bite the newcomer's head off, "Screw off, Cadence! I know what I'm doing," he said scornfully, "Now get out of the way, I'm going to watch as they all go up in smoke!"

Cadence looked confused, then brought his hand up to his face in shock, "What? But Mister Stunt, the bombs are coded into your central memory core! If you watch them explode, you'd have to be at least 1004.135 meters from the epicenter of the blast! At this range, you will most likely die!"

"I said to shut up!" growled Stunt, "And get out of the way! I'm going to throttle them to pieces with it!"

Cadence shook his head quickly from side to side as he drew closer to Stunt. "Nuh uh, no way!" he said brightly, "You know what the chief said about using that! They've been stabilized, but you can't just use it without good reason! They're risky, remember? Let's get out of here!" Bits of crimson code flashed across his pupils as, with a sweep of his arm, he dispelled the jack-out barrier that Stunt had painstakingly hard-coded into the area. "You don't want to have to go through the revival process again, do you? He's going to be terribly angry if you mess up again!"

Stunt tightened his fist into a tight ball as the shadowy force flared up around him. For a moment, it looked like he was going to turn his final attack on the silver newcomer. Shortly thereafter, however, he sighed, looking extremely bitter as the violet aura died down. "T...This isn't over, Shin! You just made it onto the 'list!' MY list!" he growled as he teleported away in a blast of darkness.

Cadence bowed deeply before leaving, his goldenrod scarf barely touching the ground as he did so. "I'm so terribly sorry," he said apologetically, "I'm sure the chief's next plan won't be so haphazard!"

Why am I not reassured? thought Tempoman as he watched the silver adversary beamed away in a stream of white light. Suddenly, something struck him. "SHIN! THE JACK OUT BARRIER!" he yelled, "GET HER OUT OF HERE NOzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZKSHHH!"

-*-

The world exploded around them as the three navis escaped the acrobatic adversary's deathtrap. Three beams surged upward toward the heavens — one red, one white, and one blue, as they tore toward their owners' PETS in the nick of time. They would all live to fight another day, but so many questions remained unanswered.

WHO...or WHAT are the Teksqp?

WHY do they want to destroy the network?

WHERE will they strike next?

HOW did Stunt and Cadence return from apparent deletion?

The answer will be revealed WHEN Sky feels ambitious again, since this was pretty draining.

Escape Successful!

Rewards: 1400 Zenny
"RED! Are you okay?" Shin asked his navi.
"Y-yeah, I just made it." Red piped up, apparently traumatized from the encounter.
This won't be the last time I see him. I'd better warn my friends. Shin thought, biting his thumb. " Many thanks, Tempoman and Persephone, I own you two one." Shin glanced at the direction of the store he was next to. "Suitachi..." Shin muttered as he wrote a report to the IPC.