Dark Sun Investigations - the Sting

"So," a gold-robed navi said. This navi's face was hidden, except for a glowing, stylized, red eye. He was throwing a rubber ball into the air and catching it repeatedly. "We wait in this derelect area of the Electown Net for a criminal looking for illegal data which we do not actually have, and probably have to fight him? Sounds like fun, Nick."
"Fun," Nick fumed, "is something that cannot be found within a mile of this job, Sol. How are you always so happy? With all the evil that we see everyday, how can you still be such an optimist?"
"Well," Sol replied, "I don't see it as you do. I see it as - wait, something's coming!"
A dark, menacing presence approached Sol from the depths of electown net. That shining pickaxe, that powerful defensive helmet, the black orb body that shot terror in the hearts of navis... yes, Sol's opponent was...

THE METOOL. (insert dun dun DUUUUNs here along with dramatic music)

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Sol.exe: 100 HP

-BATTLE 1-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
Sol took one look at his opponents and sighed. "Do we have to fight them," he asked Nick. "They seem harmless enough.
"Sol," Nick replied. They're viruses. Vi-ru-ses! They are programs of destruction! You can't just let them run around destroying things! Why do you think that this area is so ruined?"
"But...."
"Setup zero-zero-one!"
".... but...."
"Setup zero-zero-one, NOW!"
"Oh, all right. But I won't attack until they do."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol started concentrating on the ground beneath the Metools. If this navi could sweat, perspiration would be coming off him like a rainstorm. His red eye turned a more intense red, as he poured data into the ground. "One part heat...." he muttered, his eye flickering with each word, "three...parts...transmutation...data... equals....... TRANSMUTATION: GLASS!" At those last words, a wave -that though invisible, many would describe it as 'red' - pulsed outwards from him. The ground the Metools were standing on started to 'melt' and 'warp', though it simultaneously stayed the same, as Sol attempted to turn it into glass.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You okay, Sol," Nick asked his navi. "That seemed to have taken a lot of effort and energy."
"I'm glad you care about me," answered Sol, as he shook his 'head', "but I'm fine. I'm cooling down right now. I'm about to try to befriend the Metools."
"Understoo...." Nick started, then realized what his navi had said. "You are doing WHAT!?!?"
"Nice Metools," Sol said soothingly, ignoring Nick. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you unless you hurt me..." He went over to pet the one in the middle...

///////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Turn 1
(1) Signature attack - Transmutation:Glass to panels under Metools
(2) Move towards MetoolB to pet it
(3) Prepare to dodge
Sol quickly took action by changing most of the field to glass, making the Metools leap in surprise...

...and fall on their behinds.

Sol tried to pet one of the Metools and ended up slipping himself.

Now they were all just one big array of lying down bodies in funny positions.

MetoolA: 40 HP (Slipped)
MetoolB: 40 HP (Slipped)
MetoolC: 40 HP (Slipped)

Terrain: 60% Glass, 40% Normal

Sol.exe: 100 HP (Slipped! 1 Action to get up)
"Idiot..." Nick muttered to himself. "That's what you get for trying to befriend the enemy." Out loud, he said, "Get up, Sol. Now's your chance to destroy them!"
"But..." Sol started.
"NOW! Destroy tho-"
"Sorry, but..." Sol cut transmission. "I think this is something that will be much easier without someone yelling at me."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol slowly attempted to get to his feet, only to fall on his butt. Trying again, he almost got up, but then he fell backwards. He managed to catch himself with his hands, and finally stood up. "Hey, Metools," he said sweetly, need any help up?" He reached over to the metool he was trying to pet, and attempted to get it to its feet. He then slowly walked over to the one to its left. "Just stay calm, I'm coming to help you..."
///////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Turn 2
(1) Get up
(2) Help MetoolB
(3) move towards metoolA
Sol got up and stabilized himself before helping the first Metool up. It let out a "meep" in thanks before helping up its ally and Sol moved toward the other Metool.

MetoolA: 40 HP (Slipped)

Terrain: 60% Glass, 40% Normal

Sol let out a kind chuckle. "Heh heh, no problem, friend. Now, let's see what we can do about your other friend."
He walked over to the one Metool still on the ground. He almost slipped, so he slowed a bit down, walking as carefully as possible. "Almost there," he said, inching his way over. "Don't worry, I gotcha." Finally, he attempted to help the Metool up. "Now, be careful. I'm expecting someone dangerous to be showing up soon, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt."
In fact, a chill ran up what would be considered Sol's spine, as he sensed that somebody might be watching him even at this moment.
Turn 3
(1) Balance self
(2) Move towards MetoolA
(3) Help MetoolA
------------------------------------
Turn 3.x
(1) Bump Buster to BumpyB [10000000000 dmg]
(2)Bump
(3) Bump Buster to LOLRLY?A [10000000000 dmg]
bump again...
((Using his awesome powers of Alchemy, Sol gathered big piles of whatever he can find, and transmute it into an awesome super fighting robot. He enters the robot, and pilots it over to RevivedSin. Using the giga pincers of power to grab the mod, Sol drives the mech back over to this post...
In other words, BUMP))
((Hijacks the mecha and stomps over))

Sol helps the other Metool up, and all three give a "Meep" of thanks.

They also look at you expectantly. It seems... the battle is over.

-BATTLE END-
Rewards: Metoolx3, joined your party!
Sol reconnected to Nick's PET, allowing him to communicate with him again. Which he soon considered to be a bad decision.
"WHY DID YOU CUT ME OFF," Nick roared, pounding on the desk he was sitting by. He stood up from his swivel chair. "YOU COULD HAV-" He took a deep breath, then started again calmly. "The important thing is that you are all right. Good job deleting those viruses."
"Uh... Nick..." Sol said weakly.
"Yeah?"
"I... didn't delete them. I befriended them." Sol cringed, waiting for Nick to yell at him.
"...hmmm..." Nick quietly said. "That... might work to our advantage."
"I'm sor- what?"
"A navi hanging out with viruses is sure to seem like a bad dude. Wait for the target to arrive, but keep these guys with you, okay?"
"Understood." Sol leaned against a crumbling cyberwall, and waited...
((Bump))
((Jut, Protrusion, swelling, bulge, hump...))
((BUMP?

...Whatever...))
Some Fiery fighters showed up, with some Cannons in tow.

The Metools with Sol sensed great fighting spirit with these viruses, it doesn't look like you'll be able to avoid a battle.

ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
ChampuC: 60 HP
CannondumbA: 50 HP
CannondumbB: 50 HP

((You will not be able to control the Metools, but you can give them suggestions.))

-BATTLE 2-
-START-
Sol eyed the enemies. "Oh, crud..." he sighed, looking back towards the Metools and then back at the Cannondumbs and Champus. "Hey, uh... Mets? I think... you should probably hide in your helmets. I really don't want anything to happen to you."
"That's really nice of you," Nick quipped, "but... they are viruses that can attack with pickaxes! These guys can help you out quite a bit!"
"I'm not gonna force them to fight. Besides, I'm strong enough to delete these viruses, right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of answering, Nick slotted in a Cannon and Shotgun battle chip.
"Thanks, Nick," Sol said. Now, which of these should I take out first...."
Finally, Nick replied. "I think you should take care of that Champu in the middle."
"Where were you, Nick?"
"Just kill it, okay?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sol activated the Cannon data, his left hand turning into a gun. "Ready... aim... FI-"
Instead of firing, however, he quickly dodged, and activated the Shotgun chip on his right arm. "Now, where was I? Oh, yes, FIRE!" He then shot the two guns at the same time at one of the Champus.
"Quit messing around, Sol..." Nick grumbled.

Turn 1
(1) Dodge
(2) Cannon [40dmg] to ChampuC
(3) Shotgun [50dmg+splash?] to ChampuC

(( ???er sticker
???er karts
??? on the ol' noggin))
Sol aimed his cannon at one of the Champus, then faked it out as it teleported to his location and hit it with a Cannon. Two of his Metool friends took this chance and beat on the Champu with their pickaxes, deleting it.

So, instead of deciding to just fire his Shotgun at the already deleted Champu, Sol diverted his attention to one of the Cannondumbs, deleting it flawlessly.

The other Cannondumb blasted at Sol, but the last Metool jumped in the way and nullified the hit with its helmet, before skidding back into the ground. It gave a "meep" and a nod at Sol, before the alchemic navi was punched up by another Champu.

ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
ChampuC: DELETED
CannondumbA: DELETED
CannondumbB: 50 HP

Sol.exe: 80 HP
"Thanks," Sol says to his Metool allies. "I think you can help out even more, if you like. I have a strategy from my former partners that might work."
Nick cut in with "you mean LightMan and Deadbolt? You aren't thinking...."
"Sure, why not?"

During this mini-conversation, Sol was charging his handy Transball to full power. He threw the rubber ball above the remaining cannon virus. It looked like it was going to be way off-target, but then it suddenly turned to lead and dropped like...well...a lead ball. As soon as it hit the ground, it turned back into rubber, and bounced back to its owner.
"Okay," Sol asks the nearest Met as he bends over. "If you can get up on my back, we can begin a team attack..."
Turn 2
(1) charge
(2) charge
(3) TransBall charge shot [2 attack x 2 charge x 8=32 dmg] to CannondumbB