More Bonding!

((Your rewards have been changed as I need to address some stuffs in the modcave.))

Virus Attack!

VolgearA: 80 HP
VolgearB: 80 HP
VolgearC: 80 HP
ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
ScarecrowA: 100 HP
ScarecrowB: 100 HP
Octon: 120 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

Enigma.exe: 120 HP
Big.exe: 100 HP

-BATTLE 3, GO!-
= Got caught up in RL stuff. I'll be gone this Friday basically, and then from Sunday to ... Saturday next week. =

Enigma frowned as he came upon the virii, but only because of two in particular. Scarecrows, he growled, and immediately looked to Big. Big. Scarecrows are Electric, which does double damage here. Mind you, they get healed by Elec, too! That means no Zaprings at them, alright?

And, not to darken the mood any more here, they heal when they attack, even if they don't hit either of you. Fully, Ceres piped in informatively, and then closed his eyes to do some quick calculations.

Well, the Heatshots are still doubly effective, and Volgears have 80 HP, Enigma suggested, already scheming. I could take all three out with two, or hit all three and another.

Better idea, Ceres replied, opening his eyes slowly. You Shotgun the Scarecrows, Big shotguns the Scarecrows, Big Zaprings a Volgear, you Heatshot both Volgears. That takes out more than half at once.

I guess so... what of the Octon, though?

Hmm... well, it doesn't really matter what chip you hit it with, but it would be better to use a Fire- or Elec-based chip on it, Ceres agreed, furrowing his eyebrows. Hmm... Zapring at Octon... Heatshot at Volgears A and B... Heatshot at VolgearC and ArmadillA... got it, Ceres muttered, then finished off much more distinctly. First, you should Shotgun the Scarecrows; we don't want to give them any chance to heal.

Right, Enigma nodded.

Then, Big Zaprings the Octon and Shotguns the Scarecrows, Ceres continued. To finish, you Heatshot the Volgears and one other that you feel like hitting.

Alright, I agree with that, Enigma... agreed, and then turned to Big again. I think that's a pretty good plan, but if you two have any changes, make them, by all means, Enigma suggested. I'm supposed to be your partner, not your commanding officer.

=-=-=

As Enigma carefully began his trek towards the enemy, floating over the supra-conducting metal panels cautiously, Ceres took the liberty of beginning his plan, slotting in the Shotgun and readying the two Heatshots for after Big had made his move. We'll probably be able to take out half of the Scarecrows' HP and most of the Volgears this way, questionably 80 HP off of another virus. However, Big's gotta work on the Octon with the Zapring and probably a Cannon later and finish off the Scarecrows, he pointed out, obviously trying to make some sort of point to include Jay and Big in his strategies. If you've got a better idea, speak up first next time, OK? Ceres laughed, clapping him on the back and returning to his PET to watch the action unfold.

Well, seeing as our partners haven't taken any initiative yet, I'll just go ahead and chip away at these Scarecrows, Enigma remarked, speedily accepting the 'pending chip' request. Moving forwards steadily, though in a most circumspect manner, avoiding the Elec-based virii most of all, he eventually made his way to a short distance in front of the nasty-looking Scarecrow duo. Without a word, he carefully hefted up the newfound Shotgun, squinting down the fluctuating data blocks meticulously. Once he had found his desired aim and height, he let out a small breath of air, and fired. The large cylinder gave a thunderous boom, blasting Enigma's arm sky-high with the recoil. Literally. For a laugh, Enigma had loosened the data bits around his joint, experimenting with the amount of force that the Shotgun possessed. As the Shotgun energy pellets raced towards the Scarecrow duo menacingly, Enigma began to chuckle, watching his arm and Shotgun dissipate in mid-air with an air of jovial curiosity.

I hope you can grow a new one of those.

A, I don't think you realized the possible innuendo in that statement, and B, yeah, of course, Enigma grinned wickedly, sprouting an arm just as fast as Ceres' indignant blush.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
: 120
TURN SPLICE ACTIVE. 1 ACTION USED.
1: Shotgun > ScarecrowA [50 DMG], Spread > ScarecrowB [50 DMG]

Strike of the Gods: Ready!
Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
= Zero, PLEASE post before you leave for Vermont or whatever. I can at least finish this turn splice before I leave. =
Big simply stood by in a pensive stance, his fingers in a check shape placed under his chin, and his eyes closed gently. He nodded as he understood the plan, attempting to look more intelligent than normal. Once Enigma and Ceres stopped discussing, Big looked up to Jay and, still trying to sound smart, said, "I assumptuate (assume) that you have overheard their dicsusions (discussions)?

"Yeah..." Jay replied, smirking down at Big. "An' would ya stop talking like that? Ya sound like some third-rate Brit."

"Humph." Big grumbled, suddenly shedding his "professional" air and crossing his arms. "I was jus' tryin' to sound a bit smarter, like them. Ah well... Jus' send me the chips."

Without hesitation, Jay tossed in the Zapring, then the Shotgun. The data coursed into the net through multi-colored strands of data, and fed the information into Big as he received his new weapons. First off was the Zapring.

Once again, Big raised his arms to catch the heavy, electrical disk that he knew, but instead, the Chip took the form of an actual ring for a change. Big was startled for a moment, letting it fall around him without harm. Staring down at the ring, however, Big lost his shock and got an idea...

Within 3 seconds, Big had an electrical hula-hoop being swung across his waist. Jay could be heard laughing hysterically in the real world as Big swung it around shamelessly. He shuffled a bit closer to the Octon, getting ready to strike with his new weapon, until...! He suffered another shock from his Zapring.

"SON. OF. A. B*TCH." Big shouted as he swung the ring faster and faster. "AN' I THOUGHT I HAD IT, TOO." With a huge leap that took advantage of the rings centripetal and centrifugal forces, Big launched himself at the Octon, ring first. In a cloud of dust and lightning, Big leaped back, already having his Shotgun in hand. Big was hoping that the abrupt attack would take the puppet viruses off guard as he pulled the trigger, letting loose a storm of blue light which crashed through the air at his enemies.

As Big had managed to fire the gun before he was even on the ground, however, the recoil flipped him over, onto his back, making a long divot in the ground. Big got up quickly, and attempting to renew his previous "finesse" drew a monocle from nowhere, placed it on his face, and said, "That was quite the gorilla (guerrilla) attack, wouldn't you say?"

_________
1. Zapring(40 + stun + x2MetalTerrain) > Octon
2. Shotgun(50) > ScarecrowA (Splash) > ScarecrowB
3. Act FANCY. (Dodge)

(( That's right, Hiko. I used the goddamn centripetal and centrifugal forces in my post. ))
Ceres had long-past joined Jay in laughing at Big's (dignified?) crazy antics. Enigma just groaned as he watched his partner thoroughly humiliate himself. Again. You know, you don't really have to try to act classy. Just ... do things normally... please?

I think it's a laugh, really, Ceres grinned, and then began scrolling through his chips again.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, Enigma grumbled. Things only get harder from here on out.

We'll be fine. We have the MiniEnrgs, and you can heal, Ceres assured him, and sat back, wiping a tear from his eye.

The Heatshots, please, Enigma replied, ignoring him entirely.

Coming right up, Ceres said, and quickly slotted in the duo of flamethrower-esque chips.

Thanks, Enigma murmured, and just as hastily accepted the pending chips, smirking slightly as the cylindrical, flame-detailed armament morphed its way into formation on his arm. Hefting the Heatshot arrogantly, Enigma stalked off towards the Volgear trio, smirking menacingly. Once he was about ten feet away, he cracked a smile, looking with almost sadistic glee at the Heatshot he was carrying.

You're quite emotional today, I see. Usually, I can't get more than an analysis out of you, Ceres noted, smiling slightly.

THAT IS CORRECT, MASTER, Enigma replied wittily, and turned back to his enemies. I don't know why. I suppose I'm just happier, which is odd, considering I've been near-deleted the past what, three times now?

I think that's the count now. Let's not make it a habit.

Agreed, Enigma replied with a nod, and snapped the Heatshot up to firing position with the exact same amount of cockiness as before. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, as they say, he cackled, and then suddenly composed himself. Revising his face into the slitty eyes and hard-set line of a mouth that means death in most mangas, he proceeded to jam his thumb into the flashing BURNINATE button on the side of the Heatshot. It gave a small, satisfying click when it was pressed, and sank into the inner parts of the cylinder smoothly. Another click, closely followed by a small whirring noise warned Enigma of the sudden inferno.

I have to admit, that's pretty cool, Ceres laughed, warranting no response from Enigma, who was deep in concentration. He allowed himself a small smile, which was more of a slight upwards motion in the hard-set line of his lips as flame burst from the barrel of the Heatshot. Carefully guiding it, he noticed that the metal paneling on the ground seemed to pick up the blazing-hot energy. The panels themselves slowly became more and more red-colored until they resembled stovetop-like surfaces, which probably didn't help the Volgears with their heat problem. Flame scorched them from Enigma's direction whilst the very ground under them was betraying them; that couldn't possibly be much fun. As the flamethrower finished its job, the 'v' that had encompassed the two Volgears began to fade, but the paneling certainly didn't.

Good job by the way, Ceres remarked to Jay, who'd thoroughly enjoyed Big's 'performance.' Hopefully, you get a chip after this, so we can do more fun things, eh?

Hopefully an Elec- or Fire-based chip, Enigma added, nodding towards the glowing terrain knowingly. I'll let you know when I'm done, he assured Ceres, and dismissed the Heatshot and received the next in a blink of the eye. Hurrying off to the third Volgear and leftmost Armadill, Enigma readied the Heatshot in the fastest manner that he could. Better idea! he suddenly exclaimed, and-- disappeared. Again.

I swear, that's his form of strategical masturbation, Ceres grumbled.

So I like being careful. Sue me, Enigma replied sharply, re-appearing instantaneously behind the Volgear and Armadill. Lifting the Heatshot like it was some holy relic, he frowned slightly. The Armadill and Volgear weren't quite close enough for a flamethrower attack. Bugger! he thought to himself, much put out. He sighed, and blinked in and out of existence for a split second, re-appearing about fifty yards backwards from his previous position, now very far behind the line of virii. He quickly wrenched off some excess data from his right leg and shoved it onto the Heatshot, where it proceeded to do something quite interesting. The barrel of the gun was lengthened to look more like a sniper rifle than a flamethrower, and a 6x/12x scope was added. From a flamethrower to a toasty sniper rifle in five seconds! Impressed with this, Enigma peered through the scope, targeting the Volgear first. Once satisfied with his aim, he held his breath, steadied, and fired, sharply letting his breath out after the shot had been released. As the sniper rifle dissipated in his arms, he watched curiously as the small, blazing shot sped towards the Volgear, splitting into two halfway. The other shot instead navigated towards the Armadill. I love this thing.

Good, now get the hell out of the way, Ceres snapped, suddenly realizing that even if the plan worked perfectly, there were still two to four perfectly capable virii left.

Getting! Enigma yelled back, and hastily teleported himself to three different positions; in front of the virii, to their left, and somewhere to their back-right. Letting out a deep breath, he looked to the virii warily, quite prepared to dive the $@%! out of the way of whatever should come close to him. Big! Watch out! he yelled to his partner, snapping his head back and forth cautiously.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
TURN SPLICE FINISHED. 4/4 ACTIONS USED.
2: Heatshot > VolgearA [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 due to Metal], Spread > VolgearB [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 due to Metal]
3: Heatshot > VolgearC [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 due to Metal], Spread > ArmadillA [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 due to Metal]
4: TELEPORT. [Dodge]
= FALCON...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHMPPPPP! =
Enigma starts things off, shooting two Scarecrows with his shotgun before giving Big a chance to do stuff. Big proceeds wrap a Zapring around him and slam into the Octon, frying it. He then fires his own shotgun, dowing one of the already wounded scarecrow. Enigma then somehow warps behind the Volgears, though I have no idea how, and hits two of them with Heatshots. He then teleports to dodge, though if he's using an areagrab to travel about the field so freely, I sure as hell can't see it. A volgear tries hitting Big, though the navi dodges as he... acts fancy? Then once of the armadill roll up into a ball and slam into Enigma.

VolgearA: DELETED!
VolgearB: 80 HP
VolgearC: DELETED!
ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
ScarecrowA: DELETED!
ScarecrowB: 50 HP
Octon: DELETED!

Terrain: 93% Metal 7%

Enigma.exe: 100 HP
= Question.
What happened to this?
3: Heatshot > VolgearC [40 DMG, Fire, x2 due to Metal], Spread > ArmadillA [40 DMG, Fire, x2 due to Metal]
I mean, I know I hit the first two, but I didn't hit either of those virii with the second? =
((Unless I messed up my damages, you hit both the primary targets with your Heatshots, but missed with the spread, thus why the Volgears died and the Armadils are still alive. Its been a few days and I've had to mod other topics, so I cant tell you specifically what I was thinking when I modded this particular turn, other than you were God-moding with the Areagrab sounding move and thus I wasn't going to be all too generous with spread damage. Had you not done that, at least one, quite possibly two, of your Heatshots would have hit both you were aiming for.))
= Dude, I was just using it for RP reasons. With Enigma, saying 'blobbing' every sentence isn't quite as entertaining as you'd think. I just wanted some variety. You can just consider it like him moving around quickly if you like. I did mention earlier on that it's just him blobbing particularly fast. =
((I talked to two other people, one of them staff and they agreed with me. You can't just teleport halfway accross the field and call it 'fluff'. Plus, saying you appeared 'behind them' is a bit more than just fluff. An attack from the back is a lot more deadly than one from the front, so saying it doesn't affect things is just stupid. Next you might be telling me that auto-hitting is 'just fluff'. My decision remains, so suck it down.))
= Never asked you to change your decision, now did I? Anyways, yeah, I get the point. (I'M STILL RIGHT. XD) Waiting for Zero to post first. Figured I'd have a change. =
(( Hiko's like this in real life, too. But yeah, try teleporting closer to the front of them next time Hikkup. ))

"Fine." Big muttered as he whipped the monocle from his face a crushed it between his index and thumb. "I guess I shouldn't be actin' that way, anyways. Les' just charge in n' show em' what we're made of!"

"I'm all for that!" Jay said, raising his fist. "Whaddya think of bring down the fist, huh?"

"Aight." Big agreed. He crack his gigantic knuckles in anticipation, and crouched down. "This outta be cool..." he murmured as he raised his fists as high as he could without standing. In an instant, he brought them down like boulders, smashing the ground next to him so hard, it made indents in the metal. Awesome.

The tremendous force caused by this rocketed Big skyward even higher than his best jump. Air was visible wrapping around him as he flew upward, making a funnel shape around his body. Higher and higher Big flew until the viruses below became nothing more than specs. His ascent suddenly began to slow, until he stopped for a moment, and peered around.

"Jesus, I can see EVERYWHERE from here!" Big exclaimed as he swiveled around with hand shading his eyes.

"Yeah, Big? Jus' hurry up, 'cause I bet you're gonna start fallin' ANY minute now." Jay caution.

"Bah! No worrys! I'm tough as-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!" Big screamed as he suddenly fell like a stone. "NEVERMIND! NEVERMIND! I JUS' WANNA GET DOWN!"

"Well, I think you're gettin' your wish, Big. Just follow the regular plan; it'll work fine!" Jay mused.

As Big fell faster and faster, he began to make a very loud whistling noise in the air.

"Alright, if'un you say so..." Big pouted, getting his body into position. He clasped his enormous hands together, getting ready for a huge double-handed-drop. He raised them above his head in anticipation of the grounded viruses, which were coming up in...

With an Earth-rumbling crushing noise, Big's fists slammed down into the terrain hopefully crushing his target virus underneath. As there was no dust, it was easy to see how stunned Big was from the impact. Slowly, he stood up, straight as a board, and slowly he fell backwards with an echoing thunk.

For a moment, Big just lied there, contemplating his last attack. It didn't take long, however, as Big quickly recollected his thoughts, sat up, and shouted, "THAT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!"

"Virtual High-Five, Big!" Jay shouted back, and Big pressed his hand against Jay's screen while Jay pressed his finger on the PET's smaller screen. "That was amazing, Big. Let's save that attack!"

"Sure!" Big affirmed. "Now let's hit 'em with a Cannon."

"Aight. But it'll be nowhere near as awesome." Jay said quietly as he slotted in the chip. Big received it, and actually found it to be rather heavy. His strength was somewhat drained from his powerful attack, so he simply raised the cannon like a
normal navi and fired at one of the surviving armadi-things.

= ;_; =

Quote (Big)

"Fine." Big muttered as he whipped the monocle from his face a crushed it between his index and thumb.

Enigma let out a huge sigh of relief at this, perhaps slightly obnoxiously. At least that's over with, he smirked, and then his smile faded as he looked down at his wound. Small chunks of data had been taken out from all over his chest from the Armadill's impact, but at least it hadn't knocked out half of his torso like the last ... times. Ugh. I think it's just enough for me to suck back out of the Volgear, he grunted, looking up at Ceres quizzically.

Hold on, I'll run the analysis, Ceres replied hastily, pressing buttons on the PET in rapid succession. Tapping anxiously, he eventually got what he wanted: VOLGEARB: 80 HP. DATA VAMPIRISM: 80 DMG TOTAL. ENIGMA.EXE'S TOTAL DAMAGE: 20. DATA VAMPIRISM'S HEALING POWER: 20.

I'm good, then, Enigma nodded, and then turned to the remaining Volgear, frowning. Got any preferences on how I utterly destroy this bastard?

None whatsoever. I'm working out what chips you can use to kill the rest of the quote-on-quote "bastards" currently. Be creative, Ceres shot back a bit snappishly, but then, he was contemplating deeply. Also, thanks for taking some initiative, Jay and Big.

Fine, fine, Enigma murmured, seeing his Op's point. Closing his eyes momentarily, he thought-- for all of ten seconds. Maybe it wasn't so creative, but it would work. Without any further ado, he amassed some of the excess data floating around him in his palms, working with it like a potter. Within seconds, he'd formed what appeared to be... a giant syringe? The part actually containing the "fluid," or what should be containing fluid, was about as long as a forearm, and relatively thin, but the needle itself was easily twice as long as the plastic bit. It was long, pointy, and glistened menacingly in the light that reflected from the metal paneling which both navis and the virii stood on. Hefting it curiously, he noted that it was still considerably lighter than most chips-- good, because he was going to have to act quickly.

See? Creativity goes a long way, Ceres remarked from the sidelines, who'd been keeping about half an eye on Enigma's progress. He reserved the other eye and a half for watching the virii, ready to warn his navi of any significant danger.

Enigma only grunted in response, and stalked off towards the Volgear, holding the syringe under his arm like a submachine gun. Once he'd reached striking range, he hoisted it above his head and thrusted downwards at the electric virus, making sure that the "sucking" part of the syringe was ready to do its job. If everything had gone according to his plan, the Volgear should have a needle sticking through most of it-- and Enigma took advantage of this, hardly watching his quarry as he carefully pulled the syringe's "sucker" outwards. When it was fully withdrawn, he darted backwards to somewhere near his previous position and carefully inserted the needle into his neck, where he proceeded to empty whatever contents it may possess into his body. Wincing a bit, and cracking his neck experimentally, he dismissed the syringe and drew back into a fighting position. Not quite vampire-like, but whatever. What've you got for me?

Your favorite, Ceres laughed, and slotted in his first chip with a knowing smile.

And what's th-- oh. You didn't! Enigma grinned as he saw the 'Bighammer1 chip package pending' message pop up in his little heads-up display. Got a target? I hope it's what I'm thinking...

The one with the most health, obviously.

What I was thinking, then! Enigma replied, nodding as he accepted the 'pending chip' message. His grin jacked up a few notches as he watched the oh-so-familiar gargantuan mallet begin to form on his right arm. He raised it to the air so it could metamorphose without any obstructions; and once it was finished, he immediately dashed towards the hopefully-more-healthy Armadill. He'd formed legs just for the occasion; a nice change, in Ceres' opinion. As he got closer and closer to the group of virii, he began steeling himself for the leap. At about fifty yards, he gave a huge leap into the air; two aerial attacks from two different navis should confuse the virii decently well, or so he thought. Flying through the air at an insane speed, he managed to push the Bighammer back into position, locking it in place like it was spring-loaded. As he did this, he was descending upon the baddies at an increasingly faster speed-- and he noticed. Taking a deep breath, he let his hammer go flying downwards about half a second before he hit the ground, resulting in a simultaneous crash of both navi and hammer. After it had hit the ground, and hopefully the armadillo-esque virus beneath it, the hammer proceeded to disappear, fading away with no residue other than a few purple pixels which rushed to Enigma and joined themselves to his body.

Nice. Dash Attack coming up, Ceres warned, knowing the reaction it would invoke.

NO. THAT CHIP-- NO, Enigma cried out, eyes flaring as he looked back to Ceres. That's just humiliation!

Like I said earlier-- be creative, laughed Ceres, and slotted the chip in regardless, not giving Enigma the option to deny it.

You'll pay for this... he grumbled, and disappeared suddenly as the miniature Fishy formed... well... where he had been. Before it could start its journey towards its enemies, bits of purple data began adding themselves to the virus copy. Before long, it had turned into an Enigma-augmented attack, like most of his attacks usually turned out to be-- and then it began its journey. It moved about three feet backwards-- and then the chase began. It rocketed forwards, first aiming itself at the hopefully-injured Armadill. After it'd passed (through?) that virus, it began speeding through the other virii's positions, making sure that they were definitely deleted. Panting heavily, exhausted from its chase, the Fishy disappeared, and Enigma re-formed himself as quickly as he could.

And finally, a Wideshot, Ceres chuckled, happy that Enigma hadn't been too embarrassed by the chip. He slotted it in, giving Enigma his usual choice to accept or deny.

I would defecate in your mouth the next time you sleep, but I lack both a rectum and a body, Enigma growled, but accepted the chip regardless. He watched sulkily as the 'V'-shaped firearm morphed onto his right arm, as all firearms had the tendency to do. Kneeling on one knee, he took careful aim, having used the Dash Attack to move a good distance away from the virus group. He squinted down the sights, and once satisfied, he fired, the shot encompassing the entire span of where the virii had last rested, although centered on the Armadill that Big had fired at earlier. That was quite the barrage of attacks, he remarked, sighing in relief and sitting back to watch the fireworks.

Definitely. Hopefully, that's the end of that group... Ceres agreed, relaxing and slumping down a bit in his chair.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
: 100 [[color=green]+20[/color] if Data Vampirism was successful]
1: Data Vampirism > VolgearB [60 DMG, [color=green]20 Lifedrain[/color]]
2: Bighammer1 > ArmadillB [160 DMG + Breaking + Impact]
3: Dash Attack > ArmadillA, whatever's left [90 DMG to each target + Impact]
4: Wideshot > ArmadillA, whatever's left [60 DMG, [color=blue]Aqua[/color] + Wide Attack]
Data Vampirism: Used this turn. 3 more turns until usable.

= A bump, this is. =
<(Be happy, for I am feeling nice today.)>

Big employs pseudo-humorous manouvres, and thoroughly crushes the poor, immobile Scarecrow under his own weight. He then just shoots an Armadil; booooooring...

Enigma goes his own route, and stabs a Volgear with a giant syringe, making some far-off doctor Navi sneeze. He recovers a bit of HP from his self-induced injection, and muddafookin' SMASHES AN ARMADIL INTO THE GROUND WITH A MASSIVE PURPLE HAMMER. His notable more humilating attempt to imitate a Fishy's Dash Attack, however, goes wide, and thus ends up missing the virus completely. He makes up for this, however, by splashing it with a Wideshot and deleting it anyway.

VolgearA: DELETED!
VolgearB: DO NOT RESUSCITATE(sp)
VolgearC: DELETED!
ArmadillA: SPLASHED
ArmadillB: HAMMERTIME
ScarecrowA: DELETED!
ScarecrowB: SPLAT!
Octon: DELETED!

Terrain: 93% Metal 7%

-OUTCOME DETERMINED! SURVIVORS: ENIGMA.EXE, BIG.EXE!-
Rewards:
Enigma: 250z, Flameline1
Big: 850z
Enigma grinned, then sighed, happy that all of his plans had gone exactly the way he'd... planned them. He then nodded to Big and plunged further into the Net wordlessly.

= Battle 4, please. =
Big stumbled after Enigma into the deeper netscape, a bit grumpy that he did not get a new battlechip like Enigma.

*Next battle.*
Virus Attack!

FighterPlaneA: 140 HP
FighterPlaneB: 140 HP
FighterPlaneC: 140 HP
HardheadA: 60 HP
HardheadB: 60 HP (IronBody)
EleballA: 80 HP (Magnet)
EleballB: 80 HP (Magnet)
ElebeeA: 90 HP (Magnet)
ElebeeB: 90 HP (Magnet)

Terrain: 80% Metal, 20% Magnetic (scattered)

-BATTLE 4-
-ENGAGE-
Enigma scowled at the sight of his next virus group to exterminate. Hardheads. Good thing Big can smash right through them, he remarked.

Actually, you'll find this funny. You know the chip you just got? Ceres laughed, tapping through a few virus analyses curiously.

Yeah... it does 140 here, up to three targets, Enigma nodded.

If you look-- the FighterPlanes all have 140. And the Eleballs have 80.

Hah! Then Big can Zapring the second Hardhead and Cannon an Elebee while I Heatshot a Hardhead and the same Elebee! Perfect! he grinned, and surveyed his enemies again, making sure he hadn't missed anything. That'll leave us with two left, most likely, and we can certainly deal with that.

Exactly, Ceres agreed, and then began browsing through his rather limited chipfolders, quickly selecting the three he'd need for now. If you get hurt, just absorb some of the last Elebee, Ceres continued absentmindedly.

Actually, Ceres, I've thought of something better. Keep the Zapring idea for Big, but he can Shotgun the Elebees instead-- it'll give us some extra leverage on the Elebees and save our better chips for the FighterPlanes that we may miss, Enigma strategized aloud, accompanying his explanation with various hand gestures for added... emphasis? understanding?

Good enough, Ceres responded, and then sent the necessary trio of chips to Enigma. He sat back a bit in his chair, looking over to Jay-- he hoped he wasn't taking too much of the control. He figured it was okay, though, because he certainly wasn't making any first moves and he was doing his best to incorporate his partners in the planning and the plan itself. If you've got a better idea, hell, go for it, he added to Jay quietly.

Thanks, Enigma said absentmindedly as he accepted the "pending chips: accept?" dialog box that flashed annoyingly right in front of him. Whaa? he muttered, slightly surprised at the idea of a chip that wasn't a gun. The Flameline, instead, formed (per Ceres' customization) as a small gallon-sized container of gasoline and a box of matches. You're kidding, right?

Not at all. Light 'em up, Ceres grinned somewhat evilly.

Ugh, Enigma groaned, inspecting the gasoline canister curiously. It appeared as most gas containers did-- a yellow nozzle and a hard red plastic container. However, he noticed something odd about it; it didn't seem to have any way to release said gas. About ten seconds of "inspection" later, Enigma had located a small button on the back of the container. Now very curious indeed, he awkwardly shoved the container under his arm and aimed the nozzle at the three hovering planes, not exactly sure what to do. Somewhat hesitantly, he reached around for the button, bracing himself for the inevitable recoil that-- never came. The gas simply flew outwards towards his target, perhaps not enveloping the virii in the nasty-smelling substance but definitely covering the ground around them and leaving a handy gas trail back to Enigma. Do I just light it?

Yeah, it slowly burns away at them. No, idiot, what did you think?

Shaddup... Enigma grumbled, and drew a match from the box, striking it against the side of the box a few times before he actually got it to light. Moving back a bit, he tenderly tossed the blazing match up into the air and downwards upon the gasoline before making an ungainly retreat. The gasoline flared mightily, igniting almost two feet upwards. Enigma couldn't quite make out if the gasoline on the planes had caught, but he could definitely tell the area he'd soaked with the stuff around them had exploded upwards. Somewhat satisfied, he didn't bother looking to Ceres for advice, because he knew what to do with the next chips.

=-=-=

Oddly enough, Ceres had gone outside whilst Enigma was watching the burning gas, telling Jay it was just for a breath of fresh air, but there were definitely other reasons to it. Leaning against the wall of the cafe with a slight groan, he looked around dubiously before drawing out a pack of cigarettes. He fumbled a bit with the lighter as he took it out, but he some how managed to draw out a cigarette and light it without igniting himself instead. He instantly pushed it into his waiting mouth, inhaling the toxic fumes deeply and readily. He sighed, pulled the tobacco out, tapped the ashes a bit, and coughed slightly. Damn, it's been a while since I've done that... he remarked internally, taking another puff of the 'deathsticks.'

Meanwhile, on the Net, Enigma hadn't noticed anything wrong in the slightest-- Ceres usually stayed silent until he did something wrong or spoke up. Hefting his newly acquired Heatshot readily, Enigma proceeded to make a run for the Eleball duo, raising the miniature flamethrower as he did so. Once he was within, say, ten feet of them, he suddenly dropped to the ground, sliding beneath both of them. Just before he passed them, he activated the Heatshot, letting the flames reach upwards, striving to ensnare the Eleballs in their fiery tangles ... of doom. He quickly pulled himself up behind the two and finished off the remainder of his ammo in their general direction before dashing back even further, doing his best to be wary of magnetic terrain.

As Enigma finished up with his second assault, Ceres re-entered the building, nodding to Jay and chewing silently on a piece of extremely minty gum, covering up the tobacco scent nicely. Anything interesting happen?

Yeah, I just slid under--

OK, nevermind, nothing happened, Ceres cut Enigma off, smiling coyly.

I don't see why you even ask... Enigma grumbled, but proceeded to back up even further and ready a long-range Heatshot regardless, still watching his sides for any obnoxiously attractive terrain that might pull him off course. When he deemed he was suitably far back, he crouched, one knee in front of the other and changed Heatshots, letting the second replace the first in an instant. He rested his right elbow on his right knee and steadied the barrel of the Heatshot with his left hand and aimed carefully at the first Hardhead whilst designating the first Elebee as a secondary target for the shot. Taking a deep breath, he carefully homed in on the Hardhead, and fired, watching as the shot raced towards the steely virus, splitting into two just before impact and racing towards the Elebee instead. Right! Big, the rest is up to you...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP
1: Flameline1 > FighterPlaneA, FighterPlaneB, FighterPlaneC [70 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 bonus due to Metal]
2: Heatshot > EleballA [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 bonus due to Metal], Spread > EleballB [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 bonus due to Metal]
3: Heatshot > HardheadA [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 bonus due to Metal], Spread > ElebeeA [40 DMG, [color=red]Fire[/color], x2 bonus due to Metal]
4: Evasive Maneuvers. [Dodge]
Data Vampirism: Ready!