Missing Navi Report

Good then- The Old Spooky began, before a giant explosion rocked the area, making the bag viruses scatter around, fleeing from the explosion or running wildly.

Oh no, it's started, the ghost virus stated gravely, turning its tired eyes toward the right of the giant Jack'O Lantern.

Three towering figures could be seen in the distance.

As they stumble closer, their features are more defined. The giants seem to come from a clan of 8 foot tall viruses whose humanoid bodies are made of solid steel. The beings lack legs, and instead, roll around on a 3 ton solid steel ball 2-feet in diameter. Their smooth gunmetal-gray alloy bodies look to be capable of withstanding even the most punishing blows without so much as a scratch, turning aside all normal attacks with depressing ease. Their great-helm-like heads sit directly atop their shoulders with their blocky hinged jaw slanted in a sneer while their neon-red eyes radiate their hatred for, in this case, the peace-loving viruses.

The bags hurriedly cower behind the two navis as the towering steel viruses pound on their chests, letting out guttural war cries.

The Gigas... they've come... the Old Spooky spat, retreating to the side of LN and Magna. Though I may be old, I will support you from the sidelines. Charge into battle, noble warriors.

The Gigas roar out in wrath, planting themselves firmly in front of the two navis.

Time to fight.

GigasA: 100 HP [IronBody]
GigasB: 100 HP [IronBody]
GigasC: 100 HP [IronBody]

Terrain: 100% Normal

Magna.exe: 105 HP
Will'O WispA: 100 HP
LN.exe: 100 HP (3 actions, controlled by player, Chips: Rageclaw, Shotgun, Cannon, Areagrabx2, Sword, Recov10x10. Buster DMG: 8. Charge DMG: 32)
Will'O WispB: 100 HP

Old Spooky: 300 HP
Bag 'O Candyx???: 60x??? [5x??? Candies]

-FOR THE SWARM-
-BATTLE 5-
-GWOOOAAARR!-
Just their image made the body tremble. Just their movement made the ground quake. And, by god, this is just what Magna wanted. He had heard "pick on someone your own size" far too many times... Well, today was his lucky day. Magna gave the trio a runover with his eyes, and decided these guys were the perfect match for him. If his face could move, Magna would be wearing such a wide grin...

"Are these guys... even viruses?" asked Mill cautiously, having never seen anything like the Gigas before. He searched through his sparse database for some sort of clue... but nothing was even close. This was a new breed if he ever saw one. "This is going to be hard..."

"Yeah..." replied Lilia. "They're really big..."

"But I'm bigger."

Mill, Lilia, and LN all did a double-take after hearing Magna say that. Was this really Magna? Was he actually getting... excited?

"... You think you can handle this, Magna?" questioned Mill, still in a slight state of disbelief.

"Correct." Magna curtly replied. Mill sighed, then gave him the go ahead. Magna in turn nodded and prepared to charge forward, but...

"Wait!" shouted LN as she grabbed on to Magna's arm, giving a rather hopeless effort to hold the giant back. Magna looked down at his de-facto sister, confused. "We need to protect everyone! It won't matter how you defeat those monsters if all the Bags are deleted! You're the only one big enough to protect against those things. I'll go after them."

"You can't!" objected Lilia. "Just look at them! There's no way you'll be able to pierce through that armor..."

"... Not alone, anyway." interrupted Mill, who had just stumbled onto an idea. "Lilia, you have a Sword chip, right?"

"I think so... Yeah, here it is." answered Lilia as she pulled the chip in question out of her folder.

"Good. Give it to LN."

"But that won't-"

"Just trust me on this one." Lilia resigned in defeat, and slotted the chip into her PET. Almost instantly, LN's right hand transformed into a basic Sword.

"Alright. LN, let Magna pick you up." ordered Mill.

"... Understood." said Magna, catching on to his Operator's idea. He lowered his right hand, letting LN hop on. Magna clutched his fingers, then lifted her up into the air.

"... Are you...?" asked Lilia werily. Noting that his sister caught on, Mill simply grinned. "Ever seen a javelin, LN?" asked Mill coyly.

"Yeah..." answered the Navi cautiously.

"Ever been a javelin?"

"... Oh lord..." muttered LN, finally realizing what Mill was planning.

"It's the only way you can pierce their armor." said Magna, looking at the Navi in his hand.

"... Fine." LN shook her head and sighed before stretching herself out as far as she could, making sure that her Sword was pointed forward steadily. "Alright, I'm ready..."

Magna nodded, then began twisting his body back as he readied his throw. He then began infusing his living weapon with Break energy that she would never harnass alone.

"Is this really a good idea...?" questioned Lilia nervously.

"I guess we're about to find out..." sighed LN, as unsure about this as her Operator.

Mill began running the final numbers for the attack. "Power ratio is good... Synchronization is within the limits... Trajectory is fine too. Alright, we're ready to go."

"Acknowledged." responded Magna. He twisted his body back a little further, going until the tension in his body told him he wasn't going any farther. He looked at LN, then the Gigas, then to LN again. "Ready?"

"... Yes." answered LN firmly.

Magna nodded, then tightened his grip on the Navi. Finally, the Break energy finished coating LN, giving the signal that this was it. Not wasting any more time, Magna let loose, throwing his arm forward like a catapult before letting go of his sister Navi, shouting loudly, "LN JAVELIN!"

The NormalNavi bursted forward at incredible speeds, feeling like she was actually cutting through the air as she flew. She didn't have much time to think about this sensation, though, because she was about to crash right into the first Gigas...

Within the short span of her flight, a thought popped into Magna's head: She won't be able to escape from the enemies once she hits. So, without any annoucement, Magna jumped forward, chasing after LN to get her out after the attack...

Actions:
LN *. Equip Sword.
LN 1. Jump into Magna's hand.
--Smash (Add Break to next attack)
LN 2/Magna 1. LN Javelin (80 damage, Break, Slashing) @ GigasA
Magna 2. Rescue LN.
LN 3/Magna 3. Retreat back to in front of the Bags O' Candies.
Magna and LN work like a true team, and LN takes one for it as she equips the Sword chip while Magna picks her up and takes a vaulting position.
What comes next is really no surprise to either party, but the bags have drawn an " "-like face on the front of themselves as the LN Javelin sears through the air, pierces all the way through the first Gigas, deleting him with little effort. The others scream in rage as Magna catches LN safely in his arms and backs away from a mighty fist thrown in his direction.
The second Gigas howls, almost falling over on its wheel, then grunts angrily, grabbing the floor underneath him, and with herculean effort, rips a mighty chunk out of the floor, heaving the panel over its head.
Oh shit.
Just then, JAWBREAKERS, HUNDREDS OF THEM, come streaking out toward the Gigas' throwing the second one's aim off, and having the panel land barely an inch away from Magna and LN's right.
Reacting quickly, the Gigas' eyes flash ominously as they start catching the Jawbreakers and chomping down on them ecstatically. They bellow, "NEED MORE CAN-DEH! OM NOM NOM NOM! obviously enjoying the Halloween viruses' confectionery assault.
I see, your brilliant display of strength has inspired my people! Thank you, noble warriors! the Old Spooky cried.

Well... this was different.

GigasA: JAVELIN'D
GigasB: 100 HP [IronBody]
GigasC: 100 HP [IronBody]

Magna.exe: 105 HP
LN.exe: 100 HP [Sword] (3 actions, controlled by player, Chips: Rageclaw, Shotgun, Cannon, Areagrabx2, Recov10x10. Buster DMG: 8. Charge DMG: 32)

Bag 'O Candyx???: 60x??? [4x??? Candies]
Magna just stood there, LN in his hands, as the Bags O' Candy pelted the two remaining Gigas with round after round of jawbreakers. Once the weird mix of adrenaline and fear began to wear off, both Navis thought the same thing: Did that... actually work? LN began laughing at the mere idea that she just did something that stupid... successfully, no less. Magna put his digital sister down, and just in time, because the Gigas had turned the assault around and was now eating the jawbreakers. Jesus, these things are monsters. The bizzare spectacle was soon interrupted, however, as the panel that the Gigas had launched into the air crashed to the ground only a few feet from the Navis. They looked at the debris of the panel, then to each other, then the Gigas, then the Bags, then back to each other.

"So... Now what?" asked LN sheepishly, rubbing her free hand against the back of her head.

"Well... Now that there's only two of them, I think it'd be best to keep them separated and go one-on-one." replied Mill, putting some thought into his answer.

Lilia looked at her brother oddly, then said, "What? You know LN can't hurt those things on her own..."

"Yeah... but I don't think the Javelin's going to work twice. She'll just have to stall until Magna can delete the other one. Keeping their attention is the best way to protect the Bags and Old Spooky." decided Mill after a little deliberation.

"Alright..." sighed Lilia, feeling a little useless.

Now turning his attention to Magna, Mill began pondering how to defeat his own target. "That armor's thick, and we can only use the Break energy once..." mumbled Mill under his breath.

"Is there any means to enhance firepower, Operator?" queried Magna.

"No, I don't have any support ch... Wait... Maybe there is!" exclaimed Mill. "The LN Javelin shouldn't have destroyed that first giant. You know what that means?"

"... There was a force in that attack that was uncalculated?" suggested Magna, a little unsure since he usually didn't miss variables like this.

"Right, and there's only one thing I can think of we missed: speed. You threw LN pretty fast... That momentum might have actually added a little strength to the attack. If we can repeat the effect, we might be able to break through the monster's armor with more than one attack!" exclaimed Mill, excited at the prospect.

"How would I go about propelling myself, Operator?" asked Magna, continuing his line of questions.

"That's... a good point. You definitely can't throw yourself, and you're pretty heavy to boot..." groaned Mill, having hit a wall in his line of thinking. "If only you had a jetpack or something..."

"Would the Wind chip not be able to replicate the propulsion effect of a jetpack, Operator?" pondered Magna, checking his database to decide on the most applicable chip.

Mill thought for a bit, then answered, "That... might work? The chip would have to be pretty modified on both your side and mine, but... that might be our best option. Let's get to work while the Bags are still holding them off."

With a click, the Wind chip connected to Mill's PET, taking a moment to register its data. Before it uploaded, though, both Mill and Magna began altering its coding, partially compressing it and adjusting its shape. When that was finished, it materialzed as a pair of fans funneled into two tubes, making for a pseudo-jetpack... a Windpack, if you will. Magna promptly strapped into onto his back, finding it to fit comfortably. He gave it a quick test start, and was satisfied to hear it churn to life before he turned it off again. "Functionality confirmed, Operator."

"Alright, that's good. Now for attacks... Better stick to melee. I doubt our ranged chips would get much out of some extra momentum." With that decided, Mill slotted in his RageClaw and Firehit1. Magna's right hand grew sharp, pointed edges as it morphed into the RageClaw, while his left quickly bursted into flames, forming the basis for the Firehit1. For a quick recap: Magna was now armed with a razor-sharp claw, a flaming fist, and a wind-powered jetpack. Mill was pretty quick to decide that all the conditions were cleared.

"Alright, now just to infuse the Firehit with the Br-"

"Operator?" interrupted Magna. "My calculations show this Windpack will not yield enough propulsion to pierce the enemy's armor."

"What? But that was the focus of the entire strategy was... Oh, hold on... The Break energy! Infuse it into the Windpack! It might overload it, but we don't need it to last long. Just long enough... I hope..." decided Mill, uttering that last part quietly under his breath.

Either way, Magna channeled his subtype power into the Windpack, making it automatically whir to life... and quite loudly, too. This thing was definitely going into overdrive. Magna kept powering it up, though, until he completely filled the modified chip with energy. Not wanting to wait until it exploded, Magna took off, racing forward at ridiculous speeds, shifting purpose from a giant Navi to a giant cannonball. Fighting against insane air resistance, Magna forced his arms forward as he approached the Gigas, pointing his pair of weapons straight at the virus's chest. Magna roared at the last moment, but his voice was drowned out by the loud overcharged Windpack.

---

Lilia and LN, meanwhile, could only watch as Magna assaulted the virus through the rain of jawbreakers.

"This is terrible... We can't do anything agains these viruses..." moaned Lilia, lamenting the situation.

"If only I was stronger..." wished LN. "I'm not as powerful as Magna, or even these viruses! If I had their power, I'd..." *sigh*

"Or at least a way to use their power..." added Lilia.

"... Oh!" shouted Lilia and LN simultaneously, getting the same idea.

"You know what to do?" asked Lilia with a smile.

"Yep! You have those chips ready?" returned LN, just as enthusiatic as her operator.

"Of course! Now get to it!" commanded the Operator. LN gave a silly little salute to Lilia before running off in the direction of GigasC.

Mill caught what his sister was doing out of the corner of his eye, causing him to shout, "What are you doing?! LN can't beat that thing!"

Lilia just gave a single laugh before responding, "You just worry about your own fight!" Clearly, Lilia was getting excited at the prospect of showing up her brother.

LN, in the mean time, had run up to the big Gigas. Taking a deep breath, LN jumped forward, trying to jam her sword into a gap in its armor and latch on. "It's up to you now, Lilia! Just don't let me get crushed!" LN gave a half-hearted laugh at that last line, not even sure why she said it. Lilia nodded, keeping her pair of Areagrab chips less than an inch away from the slot-in port and watching...

Actions:

Magna:
--Smash (Add Break to the following)
1. Equip Windpack (100 HP object, propulsion?)
*Equip RageClaw
*Equip Firehit1
2-3. High-Speed Piercing Cannonball (40 Slashing damage?, 60 Fire damage?, Breaking?) @ GigasB

LN:
1. Use Sword to latch onto GigasC (0 damage)
2-3. Epic Strategy #3 - Stop Hitting Yourself! (Areagrab to a different part of GigasC's body when GigasC attacks)
Thinking quickly, Magna and Mill combined their efforts to form a powerful jetpack to be strapped on the purple giant's back. Balling up his left and extending his right, the colossal warrior braced himself as he infused his whole body with crushing energy and sped off toward the Gigas.
Seeing the attack, the first Gigas stopped eating and started rolling, steamrolling in fact, at about the same of speed toward Magna as the mechanical soldier was coming to him. The navi and virus both let out a ferocious bellow and collided.

LN, in the meanwhile, had conducted her own strategy and caught the second Gigas' attention with a clang of a steel sword against a steel body. The 8 foot tall humanoid glanced down at LN, and swiftly moved its giant fist toward it chest.
A resounding "CLANG" echoed throughout the battlefield as the virus looked down, shocked, as its own fist was buried deep into its own chest. LN, reappearing on the back of the Gigas, stuck her tongue out at the virus, enraging it further.

And the aftermath of the two giants colliding?

Who said bigger wasn't always better?

GigasB: CANNONBALL'D
GigasC: 20 HP [IronBody]

Magna.exe: 65 HP
LN.exe: 100 HP [Sword] (3 actions, controlled by player, Chips: Rageclaw, Shotgun, Cannon, Areagrab, Recov10x10. Buster DMG: 8. Charge DMG: 32)

There was an annoyingly high-pitched ringing resounding in Magna's head. He could only figure that it was the result of two metallic giants colliding with each other at high speeds. The windpack and weapons were all gone, probably disintergrated in the attack. Well... he was still concious, so Magna figured he had won. He grasped his head with a hand and gripped tightly, trying to make the ringing stop. Once it finally did, he pushed himself up and looked up to his Operator. "Did the tactic succeed, Operator?"

"You couldn't tell? Well... I guess it did happen pretty fast. Yeah, you won. Good job." answered Mill, giving a rare compliment to his Navi.

"And what of Unit LN?" queried the Navi.

"... Oh man, I totally forgot! Lilia!" shouted Mill as he turned towards his sister. "What we you thinking, sending LN into that?!"

"Why don't you look and see for yourself?" answered Lilia with a coy smile on her face.

Confused, Mill shifted his PET's focus over to the third Gigas... to see its own fist lodged in its chest, with LN hanging from its back and taunting it. Mill needed a moment to process the image in his head, before stuttering, "Wha... How... What happened?!"

"Not everything can be solved by brute force, Mill. Sometimes a feminine touch is all you need." gloated Lilia, poking her brother's forehead as she stressed those two words.

"Tch... Whatever." muttered Mill, brushing off his sister's hand. "Magna, go help LN finish that thing off."

"What? But-"

"Don't worry, this is your fight." said Mill, cutting Lilia off. "Magna's just going to assist."

Lilia nodded as Magna charged over to LN's position. Immediately, he tried to slam into the virus and loop his arms around, getting it in a body lock. Next, he began infusing the Break energy... into the Gigas.

"What are you doing, Magna?!" shouted LN, baffled by the Navi's actions as she was doing everything she could to keep from being bucked off.

"Softening it up for you. I am providing assistance and nothing else." responded Magna flatly as he kept pouring energy out towards the virus. Indeed, the Break energy would weave its way around the virus, making its armor brittle to the point where just about anything could break it. At least, that was Magna's theory. He never really tried this before.

"It's all you now, little sis." announed Mill as he put down his PET on the table. "Just make sure you do it right."

"Don't you worry about that, big bro." smiled Lilia as she pulled out her Cannon chip. "Here you go, LN!"

LN's Sword quickly faded from existance as its data was overwritten by the Cannon, which weaved its way around the Gigas before assembling itself on LN's hand. "Given the situation..." pondered LN, "... there's really only one way to do this." With a grin, LN lifted the Cannon up to point straight at the back of the Gigas's head. "Say goodnight, big guy." She released the safety, and...

"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"

Actions:
LN 1. Hang on to GigasC for dear life
Magna 1. Charge GigasC (Tactical Movement)
Magna 2. Restrain GigasC (Hold)
--Smash (Add Break to the following)
Magna 3. Soften GigasC's armor with Break energy
LN 2. Aim (Accuracy up)
LN 3. BOOM, HEADSHOT! (40 damage, Breaking) @ GigasC
Magna and LN tackle on the last threat with true teamwork. The purple giant grapples the monster still, softening it armor, while the pink Normalnavi delivers the final blow while yelling out an infamous game quote.
The last of the fight had dissolved, and there was a package of rewards for both navis.

"Oh, thank you brave navis! You have saved our village from these terrible brutes," the Old Spooky bowed, the Bags O Candy behind him leaping up and down with joy as happy faces (:lol:) were drawn on their front.

"It's not much, but take this as our thanks," the ghost virus asked, dropping two bags, one for each navi, in front of the warriors. A soft clinking sound suggests it could be money.

"We can't thank you enough, but you must go, I understand. Ready?" the bearded phantasm inquired.

GigasB: CANNONBALL'D
GigasC: HEADSHOT'D

Magna.exe: 65 HP
LN.exe: 100 HP [Sword] (3 actions, controlled by player, Chips: Rageclaw, Shotgun, Cannon, Areagrab, Recov10x10. Buster DMG: 8. Charge DMG: 32)

-VICTORY-
Get: GutPunch, 500z
"Oh man..." moaned Mill, running his fingers through his hair as he sank back in his chair, "That was wild."

"Yeah..." sighed Lilia as she fell back into her own chair, "But it all worked out in the end. We found LN, and saved an entire village to boot! That's safe to call a good day's work, right?"

"I guess it is." smiled Mill, "Maybe these big-bad viruses will think again before messing with us Alidines again." The two siblings sat back and relaxed as their Navis received their acolades.

---

The virus in Magna's arms quickly dissolved into nothing after having a hole blown in its head, causing LN to fall to the ground, landing on her rear. She groaned for a moment until Magna extended a hand and pulled her up. LN smiled, then led the way back to Old Spooky. Once there, they stood at attention, listening to the aged virus's words.

Quote ()

"Oh, thank you brave navis! You have saved our village from these terrible brutes," the Old Spooky bowed, the Bags O Candy behind him leaping up and down with joy as happy faces () were drawn on their front.

"It's not much, but take this as our thanks," the ghost virus asked, dropping two bags, one for each navi, in front of the warriors. A soft clinking sound suggests it could be money.

"Oh wow! Thank you!" gasped LN in suprise as a bag popped into existance in front of her. "We were happy to help! It was just awful seeing how those guys treated you all. There was no way we could just let them get away with it!" Magna just nodded, acknowledging the service he had done and his reward.

Quote ()

"We can't thank you enough, but you must go, I understand. Ready?" the bearded phantasm inquired.

"Yeah, we do need to go back... Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've been back in my PET..." thought LN aloud, getting a little homesick. She quickly snapped out of that, though, and said, "I hope we can see each other again!"

"Just notify us first next time." announced Magna flatly, not wanting to get abducted again. With that, the pair were ready to return...
"I see... then, be off," The Old Spooky nodded, closing his eyes.
Suddenly, the Will'O Wisps connecting the two navis to the real world, spun rapidly around their respective guardians, emitting a bright flash of light.

"We will always remember you, noble warriors, Magna and LN!" the ghost's voice resounded through both the navis heads, before the light faded and the two found themselves in a bustling part of the net, progs and navis running here and there on some errand or another.

A soft wind picked up, showering the area with digital cherry blossoms.

What was done was done. Another adventure will continue another day.
(HALFASSED JACKOUT POST GO!)

"... Where are we?" asked LN, a little travelsick after... warping, maybe?

"It seems to be the center of Electown Net." reported Magna.

"Oh, you two are back?" said Mill, noticing that Magna was back in the natural range of his PET.

"Yeah. Now please jack us out... I REALLY want to just go home right now..." moaned LN, feeling the fatigue of the adventure really hitting her. The pair of Operators nodded, transferring the Navis back to their respective terminals.

"Ready to go, Mill?" asked Lilia.

"Actually, I need to run by the Navi Shop. Go on ahead without me. I'll come back afterwards." answered Mill, realizing that he now had enough money to buy something he wanted.

"Alright, see you later!" waved Lilia as Mill walked out the door of the Netcafe.

"... You know, Lilia, I learned something after all that." mentioned LN.

"Oh? What's that?" questioned Lilia.

"After being used as a javelin and seeing Magna use himself as a cannonball... I've learned that your brother is ridiculous." said LN with a mixed tone of voice.

Lilia just laughed.

(Jack out, moving to Navi Shop)