Back to back in the Scilab network

"sure thing Machman" XIII began walking back, well, limping a little bit, but he was still very much excited at their victory over Magnus. Still, Magnus' final words still erked at him in the back of his mind.

"We shall meet again," XIII said to the Magnus that wasn't there, Throwing his words back at him. "But I'll get stronger. Much stronger. And next time, I won't just take down that barrier, I'll make sure you go down too. Count on it!" he realized he was falling a bit behind and ran faster to keep up with Machman.

(Ready for battle #6, big money big money no whammy no whammy.)
((Bump))
((Bump))
((Bump!))
((<bites nails>))
Machman and XIII, elated over their victory over Magnus, continue back toward the entrance to the net.
They soon encounter what seems to be a floating green orb with a sparkling light circling around it.
Hmmm... Want to examine it?

[EXAMINE/LEAVE ALONE]

((JUST THINK OF THE REWARDS! CHOOSE "EXAMINE" OBVIOUSLY.))
((<smacks self>))
((No wait, you have freedom to choose, I did prepare alternate situations to this anyway.))
((Hey don't sweat it revived. I was actually productive in school work while waiting for an update to this.

"huh? whats that?" XIII looked at the orb intently from where they were. "I don't think it was there a second ago..."

"XIII, be careful. I don't like the looks of that." Kasumi was saying over the line. She was still trying to better establish a good jack out point, but she kept getting interference.

"Don't worry, I'm jsut going to see what it is..." XIII replied non-chalantly, walking towards it. He wasn't sure if Machman was behind him, but the orb didn't seem too far off their course.

((I choose examine! The mystery box... er orb!))
Machman and XIII continue walking until they encounter a strange green floating orb.
?

[That's weird. I wonder what it is?]

Machman sees XIII start to approach cautiously.

Mazer, XIII is investigating. I'll keep close and cover his flanks, we may be taking bait.

Machman's buster is armed and sweeping across the netscape. He too aproaches the green orb a few steps behind XIII. He continues to scan the area and keep up with XIII.

ACTIONS:
Investigate Green Orb!
((MODLOCKED))

As XIII and Machman approach the device, it flashes with a... well... green light. <<;
Machman and XIII find themselves fully restored to full HP.
They also see a giant hallway, kind of like the ones in old Yumland/Choina palaces.
There seems to be two giant double doors behind them made out of red oak. Might go back to where they came from.
Hmmm... what to do? That hallway sure looks mysterious.

[Continue on?/Go back to Normal Net?]
Machman closes his eyes as he is bathed in the soothing green light.

I needed that...

Machman peers past the disintegrating orb to see a hallway with some giant double doors. They seem welcoming, and foreboding at the same time.

[It looks like our return trip may be getting a bit more complicated. What do you think, Machman?]

I don't know. Since we are back to full power, I am interested to see what's inside. What about you, XIII?

ACTIONS
Will choose whatever action XIII chooses
XIII felt the warmth of the orb flow through him, and he stretched his arms, feeling good to be 100% again.

"huh, what machman?" XIII noticed the door just as soon as he mentioned it. It indeed spike curiosity inside him. He never knew of anything like this in the SciLab network, but it may have appeared from activating that orb.

"Remi, What do you think?"
His operator thought a moment. "Well XIII, I'm going to have to advise you against going through any mysterious doors. I mean, after that Magnus guy appeared, I really can't be sure of anything being safe right now. SciLab is still in a bit of chaos. Dad would think that it was reckless of us just to be here in the first place."

The navi felt disheartened, but his operator smiled devilishly. "Of course, if I were to... oh I don't know, run to the cafeteria to a couple of drinks and a snack, and leave you unattended... well I mean, who's to stop you from entering what ever?"

XIII smiled back and Kasumi set her PET down next to Mazer, to go to the SciLab cafeteria. Still grinning, XIII motioned towards Machman to start heading towards the door. He reached the massive double doors, and was surprised at how big they were. The seemed ornate, like gilded oak doors to god-only-knows-what, but the mystery around them and why they were even there, well that was jsut too tempting. "Ready, Mach?"

He put his hand on the door handle and pushed on it.

Actions:
Opens the Magical Mystery Door (not to plagiarize the Beatles song of the same name)
XIII opens the door behind them and finds himself, as well as Machman....
back where they came from.
Hm, I guess if things are usually behind you, that means that's where you came from.
And since god is kind. The green orb cuts through the formalities and transports them back to the hallway.
Now, what to do?

[Continue on VIA HALLWAY]
[Go back to Normal Net VIA DOORS]
((sorry, I didn't fully understand the way it was phrased. I was kinda following Grim's lead, not to throw him under the bus by any means. Do not worry, it shall be corrected now!))

"huh, that was weird." Tenchi said. He noticed then that they hadn't been in the normal net, a reasonable mistake since the door attracted so much noticeable attention. While both he and Machman had been staring at the door, they had been in a strange hall way that entire time.

"Well, Mach, I kinda want to see what this hall way is all about." He said, beginning to stroll down away from the door. "Its weird, I've never really seen a place like this on the net, not attached to SciLab anyway. Sounds like fun..."

Action taken:
Hallway, I choose you! *gets smacked for horrible reference*
Okay...

Machman finds himself in the exact same place. He follows XIII down the hallway.

ACTIONS
Take Hallway with XIII
The two navis continue down the hallway, a slight chill starts to form around them...
Then they see.... ghosts? What the? The moans coming from the Navi-like beings seem to be bound to this place, as if they've challenged it before.
Further on, they come across... a giant door.
Unlike the ones made of old red oak from before, these doors are completely golden, very ornate with a continuous multi-squared pattern adorning the surfaces.
Two golden serpentine dragons form the handles to these massive structures, their red eyes gleaming with what seems like hunger. The chill from before emanates from this room as well. There also seems to be a heavy gravitational force, like that of a raging monster, bearing down on the two navis.
Now, what shall you do?

[Open the door, the will to fight instructs me.]
[Go back, this place creeps me out.]
"Hmmm, what to do, what to do...." XIII thought out loud. "Remi, You there?" No answer. "I'm going in the door!" still no answer. "ok, I heard no objections...."

The door had a foreboding presence to it, like a door that was not made to keep people out, but rather to keep something in. But as terrifying as it was, and make no mistake XIII did feel some fear as he approached it, it welled up an odd feeling. It was the anticipation of combat, the eagerness to face an unknown thretd and with a smile on his face. XIII was generally a gentle person, but this feeling was almost alien to him. He wanted to get into the fray all of a sudden, to fight as his life depended on it, win or lose didn't matter.

Slowly, he approached the door, putting his hand on the left handle. "Are you ready, Machman?"

Action:
Ready to open door.
Machman's head snaps towards the sounds of the navi "ghosts"

...creepy...

[They don't seem to be hostile, hold your fire and stay close with XIII.]

One ghost passes by Machman. As it passes by, the ghost seems to glance back at Machman. The fragmented and pale shape bolts by and disappears into a great golden door.

That ghost. It seems almost familiar...

[Lets continue on through those doors.]

Machman approaches the door adjacent to XIII and grabs the right handle. He looks over to XIII and nods his head.

ACTIONS:
Open Door
((Music plays))

Machman and XIII open the door simultaneously, releasing a torrent of steam out of the room. The chill strengthens.
Inside the room, there in a long red carpet with purple edges on the floor leading up to what seems to be... a throne of some sort, which was currently empty. There are pillars supporting the ceiling scattered evenly about the room. Two long red posters hang down on the wall behind the throne, depicting a lot of Electopian characters.
"Visitors? That's something I haven't had in a while," a bemused voice spoke dully, as if bored, probably was though.
Machman and XIII take another look at the previously vacant throne, and see that indeed someone was sitting there that hadn't been before.
The being's face was currently covered by a moderately sized fan that had Electopian characters written evenly on the side that was facing the two navis. He or she seemed to be dressed in flowing golden robes. Since he or she wasn't standing, it was tough to gauge how tall the Navi or whatever was, but it could be estimated to about to the net equivalent of 5'7" to 6'1".
The former seemed more sufficient as the figure finally stood up, and snapped his fan shut, revealing closed eyes and light toned skin with flowing black hair that reached his shoulders. The eyes opened to produce purple pupils that gazed softly at the two newcomers.
"Tell me, how do you define 'power'?" the grandly dressed navi inquired, apparently wanting the two to answer before he continued with anything else.
Machman looks around the room inquisitively, trying to figure out where they are and what purpose the room has. He formulates it is some sort of Electopian throne room; an empty one at that. The voice and the figure sitting in the throne then makes Machman re-evaluate his first thought. He notices the figure's lavish clothing and the fact it was sitting in the throne into serious consideration.

Machman thinks to himself:
[I don't know if this guy is royalty or not, but I'd rather not label him an enemy or needlessly get him angry. We may be dealing with a potential ally.]

Machman bends down to one knee in a sign of respect and looks to XIII, hoping he would do the same. Machman then listens attentively to the figure as it speaks to them. Machman is surprised by the question presented to them, but gives an answer without hesitation.

I would define power as the amount of ability one has to act and influence or manipulate others, in normal circumstances and on the battlefield. The more power you have, the easier it is to control your environment when it comes to people, Navis, and even viruses in some cases.

Mazer remains silent, he is more interested in where the pair are located than the figure's question.
XIII had been thinking about the question from the weird person with his arms folded when he heard Machman give his answer. "well I guess its my turn..."

The navi looked up, a serious look in his face, looking far more mature than he usually was. Kasumi and he had been talking over closed circuit, filling her in, but he didn't need her opinion to know what to say. He knew they would have said the same thing in this situation. Dad has constantly asked them the same thing as they were growing up, always seeming so cryptic, but for the first time in a long time, he knew exactly how to respond.

"Define power? That one's simple, drive, force, pull push, ability, skill, raw strength, influence, friendship, disassociation in some cases, etc. Its can be used to control, it can be used to simply survive, it can be used ambitiously for selfish gain, or it can be used generously to help, influence and defend people. Power itself is without face, without just one set path..." It was a cryptic answer, but the question in itself was just as cryptic if not more.

Looking him directly in the eyes, XIII stared at the man with a face of seriousness, and pointed at him. "Your question shouldn't be "what is power?". That has as many definitions as there are electrons on this network. What one should always ask is "What should one do with power?".
"So that's it, huh?" the figure inquired, pondering upon the navis' answers. He turned toward XIII first.
"Indeed, the world has quite many definitions of power, each individual reaching toward their own ideal," the being commented, "However, I simply wanted to know every individual's take on the topic." He let out a sigh, and smiled softly at XIII before turning to Machman.
"Indeed, in virus busting and netbattling. 'Power' is defined exactly as that, to the more technical people," the emperor stated, now extending his fan completely. The writing on the back glowed softly with a green light.
"Thank you for answering my question. My file name is Enigmatic_Emperor.exe. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier," the navi said, smiling, as the glow grew into a giant light.
Then suddenly, XIII and Machman were separated from each other by a wall, facing...
what seemed to be viruses, but none they had ever seen. There was only one, facing each of the combatants.
"Now, show me the true ideals of the 'power' you believe in!" Enigmatic_Emperor bellowed as the viruses roared.

?PotDragon?: 200 HP

XIII.exe: 100 HP

WALLA: 200 HP
WALLB: 200 HP
WALLC: 200 HP

?PotDragon?: 200 HP

Machman.exe: 100 HP

-BATTLE 6, LET'S ROCK!-