A miniboss?

Seraphim grinned, ran a hand through his hair, glad he had escaped witho- What was this? His.. his... His standing-up-straight-protagonistic hair had been cut off? It... It had been the only thing connecting him to the realm of protagonists! Without it, he was merely a plot character! He was no longer a main character, but simply a foolish character in the backround! He almost cried out in anguish at the lost of that dramatic singular hair, and hesitated, deciding to scream out in anguish anyway.

"Nooooo! You villains! How could you do such a thing! My only spikey hair, cut off by you , you... you monsters!" The navi cried out, feeling the remaining not-cut off piece of hairs from that small lock going straight up, and nearly collapsed into a fit of sobbing.

"Seraph, relax, I'll fix your hairstyle by the next battle." The girl spoke above him, the comforting voice like that of an angel, entering the poor navi's head and soothing him like something from a sweet, sweet dream. His eyes grew dreamy as he looked up.

"Reeaaally?" He asked, drawing out the vowels in the word as he tore his gaze away from the benefactor of fortune, and then remembered the words "by the next battle." That wasn't soon enough, there was this battle, where he was no longer a protagonist, no longer loved by the thousands, no longer loved by all the young female specimens he happened to encounter, even the useless ones that might join his party! The navi sighed, then collapsed to his knees, melancholy taking over his life as he considered these facts, the loss of protagonist, main-character status as his lip trembled.

"Ca-can't you do it nooow?" He asked, sniffling at the hair loss.

"Jeez, Seraph. Aren't protagonists Selfless and Courageous in the face of loss?" The girl asked, only slightly literally, more than ninety percent of the statement was complete and total sarcasm as the navi looked up and nearly burst into tears.

"See? I'm losing my main-character qualities with the loss of my spikey hair!" The anguished navi cried out, going to his knees and nearly pounding on the floor, truly believing all that he said, somehow convincing himself of all this, who knew how.

"I- I can't go on!" The navi spoke, falling to the ground and flopping about like a dying fish on land. The navi slowly grew still, then stopped moving altogether, curling up into a little ball and nearly crying quietly to himself.

"Seraphim, From your new info, you've got a skill that can repair your 'hair'." The girl spoke, glancing at her navi disgustedly. The navi, on the other hand was elated, and instantly abashed at the same time, not wanting to admit that he hadn't known about the skill, grinning ashamedly.

"I knew that! I was just... Playing! Yeah!" The navi cried out, then paused, "... What was the skill again?" He asked, not really knowing, obviously.

"Energize Shot is the name, it recovers a certain amount of your Hit Points, so sheath away that huge sword, and get on with the fighting. Your stupidity is wearing." The girl finished, scornful of her navi's embarrassing display.

"Oh! Yeah!" The navi said, sheathing his weapon and bringing out the sword-mesh-gun in a flash of light, holding it out and channeling all the "white energy " he could into the weapon while looking slightly constipated, then holding it up into the air and yelling out, "Energize... Shot!" A white ball of energy fired not-so high into the sky, then came spiraling back down, engulfing the navi in white light, as the navi's... hair regrew. If only things worked so well in life, Seraphim would not be virus busting. The navi seemed different immediately, going after enemies with a new fervor, as he yelled out the names of attacks in succession, blasting one after another with various "Skills" and "spells".

He strafed the MarkCannons, with a cry of "Shot Gun!" Raining balls of energy upon them, wreaking havoc as he yelled out the name of another attack, the sword-mesh-gun almost smoking from overuse as the navi leapt back and fired again.

"Baru Kan!" He let out a cry of, firing at the final markcannon with a laugh, "Triumphant, we shall be!" Which sounded as if it was going to a off-key victory tune as the navi let out a brilliant smile.

1] Sheathe Sword, Job change.
2] Energize shot [Recov 36]
3] Shotgun [Markcannon A, B] [60]
4] Vulcan [Markcannon C] [20*3]
((If the MarkCannon hit the Rockcube, shouldn't its HP be lower?))

Rass jumped in panic as the large stone cube shook from the viral attacks. The rockcube held its structure, however, and despite his initial shock, Rass found himself feeling strangely secure under its protection. Rass sighed, feeling a warm and safe feeling surge through his body....

Ugh... Dammit Tem, I knew that Suien would intervene if you tried something like that,

The feeling was gone as Rass widened his eyes. Argo? he thought, You're awake already? I thought that a system restart would take a lot longer than that to complete!

Argo snarled ill-temperdly in response. Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you, Rasshole? he spat, I'd personally be glad to forcibly eject you, but just like we need you to continue functioning so we can subsist, you need us so we can fight your battles... for... Argo's gruff voice trailed off into the distance as he surveyed the battlefield from his vantage point on Rass' chest. His eyes grew wide in surprise as he saw the multitude of viruses that Rass had deleted in a single fell swoop. At first, Argo was speechless. T-Tem! he barked finally, clearly at a loss as to what to say, Tem! Get out here!

Instantly, the sapphire on Rass' back glowed a bright blue as a patch of azure shot from the back and took form on Rass' shoulders. Ooooh, great job Rass!~ she cooed, Looks like you managed to take out a good portion of the enemies this round. We'll do what we can to finish the job alongside you, k?~ Suien, I'll start the scans, do you think you can send us some battlechips? With a flash of blue light, the battlefield was swept up in Tem's scanners, leaving a very surprised Rass and a very pertuerbed Argo in its wake.

Suien blinked twice, equally surprised by Tem's sudden willingness to help but no less suspicious of the mischevious tactical system. "Uh... sure Tem," he said cautiously, shooting a confused glance toward Erin as he shuffled through his remaining battlechips, "How about I send you the boomerang and the sword and you uh... go do what you need to do?"

Tem cheerily replied. Thanks Suien, that'll be great! We'll get right on it.

B-B-But Tem... protested Argo, I thought... you... but he.... The melee subsystem persisted on for a few more moments until finally he retreated into Rass' arm, scowling darkly as he left.

A flash of green light later, Rass found himself holding the familiar curved weapon. The sleek design and metallic green color of the boomerang chip gleamed in the artificial light as Argo hefted the weapon and cocked his arm across Rass' body. Watch this, Rasshole! I may not understand Tem's actions... growled Argo. The melee subsystem brought the boomerang around in a smooth motion, sending the deadly green weapon spiraling toward the angry red face of the sole Elecogre virus that remained on the field. As the weapon whistled through the air, Argo flexed the fingers and completed his sentence. but I am compelled to comply with her current course of action.

Oh... thought Rass, believing he understood the situation better now, So um... when did you two realize that you two were uh... right for each other...?

Rass' hand froze as Argo's angry eyes appeared on his palm. What the hell did you just ask? he asked dangerously.

The fusion navi quickly changed the subject. Ah uh, nothing, nothing at all! he laughed, a long green blade materializing on his hand, Shouldn't you umm... go fight some of those viruses?

Argo said nothing as Rass charged forward, dragging the blade along the ground in a shower of sparks. As he quickly closed the distance to the nearest undamaged Kabutank, Rass brought the sword to the side, passing by quickly and aiming to inflict a devastating critical blow to the tanklike virus' right flank. A single brilliant arc later, Rass was crouched down, breathing heavily as he struggled to his feet.

Hmph, huffed Argo, his presence expanding throught Rass' body and tinting his normally black body a shade of green, Not bad Rasshole, but you've still got a long way to go! Let me take care of this! Springing into action and spinning around in a scything spiral, Rass felt himself bring the blade downward in a devastating smash that dented the very network below his feet. Argo simply laughed as he dodged backward. The melee system was about to take cover behind the Rockcube when Rass' voice rang out.

"Wait! Stop! Seraphim's lacking cover!"

WHAT?! shouted Argo, We don't got any time for that!

Ignoring his melee system's protests, Rass lunged forward, tackling Seraphim to the ground and pulling him behind the rockcube for cover. Though the maneuver was very well meaning, Suien sighed as he watched the events transpire.

That just looks all kinds of wrong, he thought sadly.

0: Tem Scanner (+5 to all attacks, increase accuracy, enemies killed have increased reward factor and are more likely to drop battlechips)
1: Boomerang (130/65) ElecOgreA, KabutankC
2: Sword (85) KabutankA
3: Sword (85) KabutankB
4: Pull Seraphim behind Rockcube as he finishes his attack
"Mmm! I'm feeling fitter than ever now Rania! I'm in top form!" MeleeMan laughed, doing a few stretches after his successful assault. "In fact, I'm feeling well enough to tear those Boomers apart!" he smirked, clenching his fists tightly. "That's right! I'm going to tear this place apart!"

"Well, alright..." Rania replied, although it was muffled by her fist, which she held over mouth thoughtfully. It was obvious something was troubling her from the expression her eyebrows were showing.

"Rania... you look like somethings bugging you. Spill it," MeleeMan demanded, holding out one hand and arching his fingers impatiently.

"Look at your friend there. His hair's been..." she trailed off, coughing into her fist.

"What? I missed it entirely! But you're right!" MeleeMan gasped in shock, noticing Seraphim's missing locks. "My warrior's blood boils! No beast has the right to touch a proud fighter's hair with some kind of cheap boomerang trick! It's a personal insult!" he roared. "Not only to my comrade, but to me!"

"Well the sooner you take out those barbers, uh, boomers, the better. Go at them with your special techniques; the power of fire makes them easier to defeat," Rania encouraged him. She ran her hand across the top of her hair with a frown, thinking about how bad it must feel to suddenly be deprived of it.

"Huraah! This is an all new technique, made especially for you! Tear...!" he growled, building flames around him and lurching forward with both hands out. With a mighty raor, he cried, "Asunder!" grabbing out at the Boomer's mouth and attempting to rip it in two like a broken clothespin. "Ha ha ha! You guys don't stand a chance!" he laughed, spinning his arm and gathering the flames billowing from his gauntlets so that they accumulated on his fists. He went under another Boomer, swiping at it across the jaw with a punch, leaving a fire trail as it swooped across the air. "And lastly, have a taste of this!" he shouted, plunging his a rageclaw through the air towards the backmost boomer. With a tight-lipped frown, he retracted the claw, then mercilessly thrust it back in, attempting to skewer his opponent and throw him into the Kabutank crowd. "This will teach you punks to mess with the beauty that is... a true warrior!"

"Wow... either you really care for your friends, or you really just love Seraphim's hair," Rania remarked, gulping with anticipation for the end of the battle.

"Friends don't let boomers cut other friends' hair!" MeleeMan responded, crossing his arms and nodding as if he'd just made a remarkably sagastic comment.

1) Soul Fist! Tear Asunder! to Boomer A [60 elemental damage]
2) Firehit1 to Boomer C [120 elemental damage]
3) RageClaw to Boomer D [40]
4) RageClaw to Boomer D [20] into Kabutank C [20]
((Yeah, should've taken damage. However, its a mistake in your favor, so it stays. Lucky you! Also, Aim, please avoid autohitting.))

Seraphim recovers. The shotgun hits two Markcannons. Two bullets hit the last one but it closes its armor before the last can land. Rass whips out a boomerrang, taking out his two targets. He then cuts through the remaining enemies. Meleeman then goes all crazy on the boomers' rears! One left.... just ONE LEFT!

MarkcannonA: DELETED!
MarkcannonB: DELETED!
MarkcannonC: 20
BoomerA: DELETED!
BoomerB: DELETED!
BoomerC: DELETED!
BoomerD: DELETED!
KabutankA: DELETED!
KabutankB: DELETED!
KabutankC: DELETED!*
WindboxA: DELETED!
ElecogreA: DELETED!*
ElecogreB: DELETED!
WindboxB: DELETED!
ElecogreC: DELETED!

Seraphim: 140
Rass: 100
Meleeman: 100

Rockcube: 200

*=Tem scan
"Hah! Just one measly remnant left!" MeleeMan spat, heading towards the remaining MarkCannon slowly. "Poor guy. You're friends just didn't have the combined strength to take on the like of us!"

"I trust you don't need a chip for this?" Rania asked, keeping her hand on the chips in her jacket pocket just in case.

"No, I can handle this myself, thanks! Huraaah!" he roared, sweeping towards the virus then bringing his fist up into a strong uppercut under the barrel of the cannon. "Raaah! Soul Fist Uppercut! You get the classic!" he shouted, dropping back to his feet. He put up his hands, spat to his right once more, and prepared to dodge any remaining resistance from the cannon.

1) Soul Fist Uppercut to Markcannon C [50]
2) Dodge
3) Dodge
4) Dodge
The final uppercut destroys the virus!

MarkcannonA: DELETED!
MarkcannonB: DELETED!
MarkcannonC: DELETED!
BoomerA: DELETED!
BoomerB: DELETED!
BoomerC: DELETED!
BoomerD: DELETED!
KabutankA: DELETED!
KabutankB: DELETED!
KabutankC: DELETED!*
WindboxA: DELETED!
ElecogreA: DELETED!*
ElecogreB: DELETED!
WindboxB: DELETED!
ElecogreC: DELETED!

Seraphim: 140
Rass: 100
Meleeman: 100

VICTORY!

Rewards:

Seraphim: 400z, Boomer
Rass: 550z Wind
Meleeman: 500z, MarkCannon1
"Hey, looks like there's some battle data here for a new cannon weapon. It's more powerful than the old one," MeleeMan grunted, holding one gauntlet to his other wrist and flexing his arm to get the stiffness out. "I've been doing everything with my right! If I keep this up, I'm going to end up with unbalanced muscle proportion!" he grumbled. "I can't let it ruin my perfect body!"

"You should use the Tear Asunder Soul Fist technique more often then," Rania pointed out. "It uses both of your arms, doesn't it?"

"Ah, good point! You know, we make an okay team, you and I. My perfect brawn fits well with your decent brain power," MeleeMan laughed.

"MeleeMan, I'll remind you again," Rania muttered as one of her dark eyebrows twitched irritably. "I've got strength too, okay? I've got enough strength to handle myself. I also like to think that my thinking power is a little above average-"

MeleeMan interrupted with a loud discharge of smoke. "Whatever. You should prove it some time, if you're so cocky," he dismissed her, shooing her childishly with one hand.

"Cocky? Me? Why, you hypocrit!" Rania shouted into her PET, making a child of herself as well amongst the group of children at the park.
"Hahahah! Well, off to a... a new place! Let's see, somewhere random, let's go to... Yum land!" The navi yelled out, a grin wide on his face as he began running off to the nearest random portal link to a random place that wouldn't be to the undernet.
"W-We're going to w-where?" inquired Rass, as Seraph charged off in a different direction. "B-but I j-just finished transferring the d-data! W-why are we g-going so..." The fusion navi allowed his voice to trail off, realizing quickly that any attempts at reasoning with the hyperactive navi would result in failure. Sighing as he gave a weary glance toward MeleeMan, he shrugged and started walking toward the direction that Seraphim had headed. "I g-guess we don't have much of a choice b-but to follow him, huh?" he asked, breaking into a jog and motioning for his brutish comrade to follow.

Geez, thought Rass, somewhat annoyed, and he didn't even thank me for saving his neck back there...
"Yumland? Who names these places?" MeleeMan grumbled, crossing his arms and switching nets with the light of a dark crimson beam.