Aidan boasts he can fight

Aidan dexterously avoided the nearest spooky, which suddenly lunged at him from the right. With a sense of relief, he smirked at the spooky who had overshot its target, tossing his head jauntily at it in disdain. Backflipping away to gain some distance, he had barely recovered his balance and poise when he felt the air thicken around him. The second spooky, which had been biding its time in the distance, had crept up behind him, and had thwacked him in the neck. A shooting pain ran up his nerves, and a large red welt appeared where the spooky had attacked. He let out a frustrated yell. When did that one get there! He had been too cocky, thinking he could have outmaneuvered the whole crowd of 'em.

Instinctively, he checked his power levels as his special attack kicked in... In a vindictive spirit, he spun around in a whirl of daggers, slashing almost indiscriminately at the spooky that attacked him, and stabbing into the ectoplasm in a fit. For good measure, he gave it an extra stab after his signature attack had completed. He wouldn't have it. He couldn't let himself be cornered...

Sohee, alarmed, interjected," Aidan, stay calm, there's one behind you!" Aidan barely caught himself as he turned around to fend off any tongues or hits or lunges or whatever may come. His dagger glinted murderously. Damned if he wasn't ready this time, he thought to himself.

Action 1: Ligera Ventaja. 40 dmg. SpookyA.
Action 2: Buster. 8 dmg. SpookyA.
Action 3: Dodge.
Adian weakens a Spooky.
Oh boy. We're down to the buster phase.
*Yawn*

SpikeyA: DELETED
SpikeyB: DELETED
SpikeyC: DELETED
SpookyA: 2 HP
SpookyB: 50 HP
SpookyC: 50 HP
SpookyD: 50 HP

Aidan.exe: 40 HP [Rageclaw]
[Yeah. I know, busters are boring... gimme chips! And on a related note... I didn't realize I could re-use Rageclaw... how nice! =p]

There were still four enemies left... The spooky he had hit was still hanging on by a thread. Aidan concealed his dagger again and swung his rageclaw around to test how it felt. The electric claws hummed a tune of approval. Good, it seemed like it could endure for another few hits. He'd have to deal the heavy damage early on and finish off stragglers later. Things were not looking good- he was surrounded. Abandoning the nearly-dead spooky for now, he snapped back his claw behind him to try to impale the newest contender, then whirled around clockwise to swing at another spooky to his right. He had to buy himself some maneuvering room. The clear ring of electric frequencies from the claw resonated against the air.

Without waiting to see if he hit any of them, he then hugged the floor and crawled out of the circle of spookies while they recovered from the attempted attacks. In a last-minute attempt at evasion, he scrambled out and, stumbling to his feet, he positioned himself to prepare for another attack. Next time he would attack from behind...

Action 1: Rageclaw. 40 dmg. SpookyB.
Action 2: Rageclaw. 40 dmg. SpookyC.
The two Spookys are injured and another Spooky comes to attack, but barely misses Aidan by an inch.

SpookyA: 2 HP
SpookyB: 10 HP
SpookyC: 10 HP
SpookyD: 50 HP

Aidan.exe: 40 HP [Rageclaw]
[One question... Can you split hits? Instead of doing 40 dmg to one spooky by rageclaw, can I do 20 dmg to SpookyX and 20 dmg to SpookyY?]

Aidan breathed a sigh of relief. The ruse worked after all. He was able to slice at the two immediate spookies, and caught sight of the third just in time. He'd stumbled out of the way as the spooky's tongue shot out just past his ear. "Tsk. Not good enough," he said rather full of himself, steadying his fall with his free hand and still wielding his rageclaw above his head with the other. Springing up in a one-handed handstand, he rebounded with a thrust of the claw deep into the direction of the spooky.

"Ha! Did you see that?" he said excitedly at Sohee. A part of him wanted her to compliment his limber recovery; a part of him felt annoyed at Sohee's lack of participation. He was doing all the work over here! Not that he could blame the poor girl—didn't have a lot of chips apparently, let alone know how to use them.

Sohee waved him on in a show of lukewarm approval. "You look... a bit beat up from this one," she said a bit teasingly, but she couldn't hide a tone of mild concern. Even to her unschooled eyes, Aidan seemed to be having a lot of trouble. He had been hit a few times this battle and the last, and she feared that his health had been more adversely affected than he'd ever let on.

"Just tickled a bit," Aidan shrugged off, then ran away from the crowd of spookies to look for the nearly-dead one he had abandoned a while back. Now that the spookies were scattered and hurting, he hoped to finish this one off before the others could regroup. Ah! There it was. He squinted his predator eyes at the faintest spooky, whose movement seemed a little more sluggish and deliberate than the others. He pulled a dagger out from his jacket and threw it in a quick burst of power, then stretched out his rageclaw to block out a safe zone of distance between his body and the rest of the spookies. He eyed them warily, looking for any unpredictable movements. His feet were poised to make a dash at the first sight of aggression.

Action 1: Rageclaw. 40 dmg. SpookyD.
Action 2: Buster 8 dmg. SpookyA.
((Well, what does the Rageclaw description say?
So yes, you can do that by sending one virus into another.))
Aidan weakens another Spooky, but as a result, his claw breaks. He then kills one. A ghost attack, but the thief slips quietly out of the way.

SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: 10 HP
SpookyC: 10 HP
SpookyD: 10 HP

Aidan.exe: 40 HP
[Sorry... Thanks for help... I have trouble navigating this site for some reason... I'm still trying to figure out where to look up info, and don't always remember all the effects. I suppose I'll figure it out eventually.]

"Erm... Aidan," Sohee began. She tapped at the screen. Aidan looked... intent. "Aidan," Sohee hissed a bit more insistently.

"What is it, woman? I'm busy," he replied back, giving the spooky that just missed him a steely glare. He would make it pay for its daring.

"Aidan, your claw," Sohee finally said with a tone of exasperation. Aidan broke his trance-like poise, and did a double-take of his claw. He laughed out loud.

"Ha! When'd that happen," he said, flustering. He swung a broken claw about a few times, then laughed again. "Well, shucks." He shrugged it off. He felt a little self-conscious. He'd been so absorbed in getting back at the crowd of spookies that he hadn't... really... noticed.

"Pay attention, you still have those things to get rid of," Sohee redirected.

"Right," Aidan saluted half-jokingly, then ran up to the spooky that had just attempted to dive at him. "I'll finish this quickly," he replied, and jumped upwards with a corkscrew kick, using the rotation to slash at the spooky powerfully. Landing on his feet for a brief moment, he then jumped at the air again to stab at the spooky floating above. He then readied his daggers and shot two at the spooky about ten paces away. The air whistled icily against the cutting edge of the blades.

Action 1: Ligera Ventaja. 40 dmg. SpookyB.
Action 2: Buster. 8 dmg. SpookyC.
Action 3: Buster. 8 dmg. SpookyC.
DYINGNESS! But the remaining Spooky carries on! USING A LICK TO HIT THE OPPOSING NAVI!

SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: 10 HP

Aidan.exe: 25 HP (OMG! WARNING BEEPING SOUNDS! LOLOLOLOL)
Aidan staggered back, as the unexpected blow took him to his feet. This was becoming dangerous. If only Sohee knew what she was doing; the battle should have been over long ago. He would have to take this into his own hands. He pushed himself up, quickly checking the back of his head, where he'd received a blow. A shooting pain, and a deep cut. He took his final dagger out of his belt, then began to gather his concentration. He eyed the remaining spooky, which had already retreated a few paces back. The coward.

Sohee suddenly sat up as the PET started its warning signals. Aidan was hurt badly; the gauge indicated that he would only survive another hit or two. Why didn't he tell her? She tapped her fingernails briskly on the end table. Annoyed at Aidan and upset at herself, she yelled into the PET. "Honestly, Aidan, what were you thinking. Let me get you out of there," she spoke, biting her lip.

Aidan tried to tune out the exasperating voice. The woman could really pick her times. Here he was trying to charge his energy and concentration into his blade, and now she chooses to make a stink. He felt the current flow from his life energy to his blade, and his vision focused acutely on the center of the spooky. Just a little more...

He raised his arm, and with a sudden tightening of the muscles, he shot the dagger squarely at the spooky. The spooky eyed the approaching dagger with an expression of panic. There was a painful whistle as one last dagger cut through the air...

Action 1: Charge
Action 2: Charge
Action 3: Charge. 32 dmg. SpookyD.
Guess what happened?

SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: DELETED

Aidan.exe: 25 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: Heatshot, 200z
The dagger hit hard to the spooky's heart, shattering the virus into bits. Aidan breathed a sigh of relief as finally the air cleared; he had won. "Whoo," he whispered under his breath, wiping away a trace of blood and standing up straight. "Got more than I bargained for that time," he smirked. "Wanna go for another round?"

Sohee shared his exhilaration at seeing her navi survive, but kept a stony face. "That's quite enough," she directed him. "I'm jacking you out before I have a real mess on my hands." Before Aidan could protest, she pulled the cord of the PET out of the jack. "Now rest tonight and come ready to work... You'll have a busy day tomorrow, as per our agreement."

Aidan taunted her with a mock strut. "Who says I need to rest?" he said, but let his body slump after he felt the PET unplug. It was invigorating, being back in battle again. But his body did ache... He felt himself regenerate as the system disconnected and reset...

Sohee breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness that was done. The PET had really ended up being more than she bargained for. She set the PET on the coffee table and slipped off to the much overdue nap.

[Jacking out...]