Shot's and Ladders

Dartman appeared inside the SlideComp. With a quick glance around, he saw that it was just a basic OpSystem. A few programs ran happily about to and fro making sure that all the cildren that Slid from the top reached the bottem.

It was then that he noticed the other Navi. She appeared as a women navi clad in brilliant armor decorated with a winged moteif giving her something of an angelic look, and weilding a lance. Walking closer with something of a spring in his step, Dartman addressed the navi "Hi there, Names Dartman, and who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"
Valkyrie arrived to the net within her usual pillar of light. The other navi stepped to her and introduced himself, then asked for a name. A little, skinny navi, armed with small arrow like projectiles in a belt. Trying to be as polite as possible, she answered the question

- The name's Valkyrie. I see you're using throwing weapons... you might wan't to stand a bit back before we start.

Valkyrie stretched her arms while waiting for her sparring partner to react. She ran a general check on her systems; all seemed functional.

- I've got an upgrade recently. You will be the first one to see.- she said with a smie.

"Well then its a pleasure to meet you Valkyrie" Replied Dartman. taking her advice, He spread his hands above his head then took a few summersaults backwords. Stopping several paces away, Dartman adopted a fighting stance, drawing several darts from his belt. "You better go easy on me, I'm not all that great."
- Well, if you are ready we might as well start.

Valkyrie cracked her neck and readied her lance.

- I'll let you make the first move. Easy enough?

((we need a mod plz!))
MOD-LOCK ENGAGED

Suddenly, a squad of Netpolice shows up on the scene, all of them pointing guns at the two startled navis. "PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS! YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF NETBATTLING CODE, SECTION 3, ARTICLE C82! YOU ARE NETBATTLING OUTSIDE OF A DESIGNATED AREA, AND SHALL BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY! SURRENDER NOW!"

This isn't good.

The navis find they can't jack out...

Squad Leader A: 80
Netpolice A: 60
Netpolice B: 60
Netpolice C: 60
Netpolice D: 60

Dartman: 100
Valkryie: 120

Oshi-
Dartman grinned with pleasure at the idea of fighting the poliece. But before he could launch an attack, Cid perked in "Dartman, stand down. I'd rather not be charged with resisting arrest."

"Awww, but Cid...." Whined Dartman.

"No Dartman, Stand down. We don't want to fight them" Cid's voice was unusually stern.

"Fine" Replied Dartman glumly, letting his darts drop from his hand as he lifted his arms well above his head.

- What is the netpolice doing in a FRIGGIN SLIDE?

- How...?!

Her eyes widened as she got swelled up in rage. How dare they! Interfere with a duel! Interfere with HER duel?! And that brat, kneeling at their sight?! One way or another, she will have a fight now...

- You... your pain shall be legendary!

- Defying authorities? All I can say is... you'll need some chips.

She sent a disappointed look at Dartwimp, then tightening the grip on her sacred lance, she charged at the officers. Her left hand transformed into a gruesome claw, fit only for battle. While her initial thought was to simply impale the leader, she had a better idea. She arrived flinging the claw forward, letting go of a rock shattering punch. Her plan was to clear the scene so she can face the leader alone; that way she can show the world, how the bastards that disturb the sanctuary of a duel shall pay for their crimes! She tried to send one of the officers flying into another, then dashed to the leader. Continuing the motion without a stop, she spun around swinging the lance in a full circle. However by the time it reached the leader, it already bore the edge and the light of a sword. Sieg and Valkyrie were thinking the same, reading each others thoughts as if they were their own. They were battling, not some kind of mindless virii, but a foe that they could both address as "enemy"; abused authority the target of their hate... and power, the target of their envy.

[Actions:
1: Valkyrie Ride
2: Rageclaw PoliceA (40+20) into PoliceB (20)
3: Sword (80) Squadleader / dodge]

((JOIN THE DARKSIDE, BOULDERDASH))
Dartman watched as the other navi began to fight the police. His visor gave him a constant feed of data, but it all told him the same thing. She was out numbered.

"Cid, We have to get in there or Valkyrie's probably going to get deleated." Dartman knew that deep down, Cid wanted to help out, but just needed a little prodding.

after a moments hesitation, Cid responded "Alright, go get um Dartman"

"You got it"

In a flash, Dartmans empty hands were once again filled with his projectiles. Dashing forward, Dartman weaved through the enemie ranks. Leaping into the air, he spun like a top, using his momentum to give his dart an extra boost. He fired at the leader, point blank with his dart. Landing as if it were second nature, Dartman Dodged to the side getting two of the officers in his lie of sight.

"Cid, hit me with a chip"

"On its way"

Firing the shot, Dartman watched as the attack catapulted towards the two officer programs.

1. Bulls-eye on the Squad-leader (40 damage)
2. Dodge
3. Shotgun on Netpolice C and D (50 damage)
((Rageclaw does 20 to picked up and thrown, not 60 +20... or at least it did until I realized your siggy effected it. :D))
((Bull, you need to put DAMAGE in your summary.))

Squad Leader A: 80 (Flying)
Netpolice A: DELETED
Netpolice B: 40 (Downed, covered by heavy corpse)
Netpolice C: 10
Netpolice D: 60

Dartman: 99
Valkyrie: 70

"Whoa, we got a hostile-" The officer's warning was cut short as his life was ended and he was picked up and hurled at another nearby officer, who went tumbling to the ground upon impact. The Leader's response was quick and decisive, and he barked his orders quickly to his goons. "RETURN FIRE!"

The two remaining Police goons opened fire on the female navi, leaving Dartman alone for the most part, though he did get nicked by a bullet. (1)

Valkyrie, on the other hand, was not so lucky.

She swiftly dodged out of the way of one goon's fire, only to be pelted by the rapid flow of small blasts coming from the other's blaster. When that one finally let up on the barrage to reload, the Leader shot her from above with a large blast, cackling. "Those who oppose justice shall be deleted!" Was he flying?! (20) (30)

Meanwhile, Dartman decided to stop being indecisive and attacked. His supposedly "Point blank" dart missed the high-flying Leader by a mile, however, and his Shotgun only hit one of his squad members.
(OOC: sorry about the damage, I'm still getting used to the way things work here)

Dartman winced a little as the shot glanced his side. But he returned his attention to the fight. He suddenly relized he was a bit to close to the center of combat for comfert. Ducking and dodging, Dartman put some distance between himself and his opponents.

"Dartman, incoming Cannon" came Cid's voice.

"Rodger that"

Placing the net police he had missed with the shotgun in his sights, Dartman blasted the cannon shot. He had always like the Cannon chip. It was simple, easy to aim and packed a good punch.

Seeing that the officer he had hit with his darts wasn't doing so well, Dartman launched a cluster of his darts at the wounded program.

1. Dodge
2. Cannon at Police D (40)
3. D-Darts at Police C (unsure of how this works )
The bullets rained upon Valkyrie, dealing some serious damage to her. However, this didn't seem to stop her from executing the rest... She needs to get the leader down from there though. Then he will be in for some real pain. A sinister idea formed in her head... Valkyrie dashed to the unhurt police-navi. She slashed forward with her claw, similar to how she ended the life of the first officer she encountered; however now she was trying to impale her foe, not just to simply punch him away. The claws lunged forward, aimed at the center of the body. Then Valkyrie clenched her fist, trying to get a bloody grip on the officer. Finally, she brought her claws upwards, trying to throw the victim at his own chief.

- Catch!

She was slightly panting from the exhaustion, but the Guard that Sieg activated would defend her from the immediate retaliation; and she was prepared to dodge the rest.

[actions:
1. Rageclaw PoliceD (40)
2. Rageclaw PoliceD (20) into Leader (20)
3. Dodge/Guard]
Squad Leader A: Escaped!
Netpolice A: DELETED
Netpolice B: 40
Netpolice C: DELETED!
Netpolice D: DELETED!

Dartman: 79
Valkyrie: 70

Dartman blasts a member of the Netpolice with his Cannon, but misses the other one with his darts.

Valkyrie goes to pick up a member of the Netpolice, but this one disentigrates in midair, barely knocking down the commander but not harming him.

The two remaining Police goons open fire. One gets his shots fired back at him by Valkyrie's guard, killing him, while the other manages to rip a few new holes in Dartman. (20)

The Leader, however, seeing that his goons are quickly dying, fires a blast at Valkyrie, knocking her down but not damaging her, then orders a full-out retreat as he runs like a coward, leaving his just-now-getting-up comrade behind.
"Cid, one left" exclaimed Dartman with glee.

"I see him" Replied Cid, adding "One more chip should do it"

"Lets finish this!" roared Dartman as he loaded the chip data. Ducking and weaving through the enemie fire. His goggles gave him a constant update to his targets position. Taking aim, Dartman brought his hand to bare, pointed dead center at the remaining Police program.

"See ya" he remarked with a grin, Opening fire with his cannon.

1. Dodge
2. Aim
3. Cannon +Snipe (40)
- You call yourself a man? Get back here you cowardly little...

- That wont work, you know...

Valkyrie scooped over the field of battle searching for a prey. However, there was only one netpolice officer left standing, and Dartsman already opened fire at him. The battle was over; Valkyrie deactivated her weapons and sat down, thinking through what she had just done.

- Such a shame... if it weren't for their cowardly leader, these kids might have became fine warriors someday. Is the netpolice saving money on undershirts?

- Shouldn't we get going before reinforcements arrive? The leader is gone, so the jack out barrier should be off too....

- Nah, I'd like to talk with Dartsman first. It seems we can't have a normal duel without getting interrupted, but there is no way I'd just leave after announcing a challenge...

- I think I might just have a solution.

The two talked over what to do next, and seemingly agreed on the course of action that is about to come, while Dartsman is taking care of the remaining officer.

[Actions: nothing]
Dartman annihilates the last Netpolice navi.

VICTOLY! Rewards: 500z, Vulcan1.

Oddly enough, the navis still can't jack out...
Dartman relaxed as the last Police Navi. For a moment he thought that his system was damaged in the fight, because his sensors told him that the Jack out Function was still inoperable.

"Hay Cid, can you run a quick diagnosis on me, I think my sensors are malfunctioning."

"Ya...Sure, one sec" answered Cid. After a few moments, he came back on "Nope, your sensors are working fine."

"But how can that be, We got rid of the Netpolice, we should be able to Jack Out"

"Im...not sure" Cid's voice sounded far more frightened then normal. Dartman Toyed with the idea. Why was he stuck on the net?

"Hay Val, can you Jack out? For some reson, the system won't let me." Questiond Dartman, approaching the other navi.
Sieg tried to jack out Valkyrie multiple times, but failed.

- I can't jack out either.

Sieg started to worry a bit. Is it possible that they are trying to keep them here till the real-life police closes in on them? He won't abandon Valkyrie thats for sure...

- Okay, so what now?

After a split second of thinking, Valkyrie spill out an answer:

- I scan the area, find what blocks the exit, and smash it to pieces?

- I knew I could trust your problem solving abilities.

Letting the comment slip, she turned to Dartsman and explained that if the jack out field is still active, the squad-leader must be hiding somewhere, because he can't get away either without deactivating the field. There is still a chance that it is maintained by something else... but that doesn't change the fact that the policenavi is still in this area. That Dartsman seemed to have sharp eyes, this search shouldn't take long.

- Don't think that I forgot about our match! But first, lets get out of here.
"Hmmmm...a Jammer eh. Well something like that shouldn't be to hard to find."

Dartman turned on his sensor array, sweeping the area from side to side. For the next few minutes, his scan failed to pick up anything. No Jammer was to be found. He was beginning to think that there was no jammer, and that something else was preventing them from Jacking out. But then his array picked up an abnormality in the net space, almost out of range.

"I've go something. A big distortion, centerd about a click away at 26 degrees North West."

Pausing only to double check his readings, Dartman started off towards the source of the distortion. As he ran, he shouted to Valkyrie "Hay Val if there is a jammer, it'll probably be guarded. Be on your toe's."
The guy seems to be good at finding stuff. He also seems to excel at running.

- Why is it that the sharpshooter always runs forward?

Valkyrie started to folow Dartsman. While trying to catch up, he mumbled some things to her self about how her day is getting better and better.

- If you are trying to express sarcasm, you should work on putting stress on...

- Sarcasm? What are you talking about?

After the dull days of hiding in that old PET, she had countless battles already, and on top of that, she emerged victorious in all of them! This must be the warrior gods way to greet the return of their most faithful servant.

Speaking of battle...

((Twi, if you bring in Kevlarman, I'm going to scream...))
Dartman arrived first at the sight of the disturbance, but hung back a ways, watching the source. It was definatly a jammer, and from the looks of it, a strong one at that. The Jammer itself was a small monolith, slighly taller then the average Navi. Though Dartman had seen a few Jammers in his time, he had never seen one like this. Its surface was perfectly smooth and jet black. Every few seconds, it admited a small pulse that was erily similar to a human heartbeat. The sections of the net around it shimmerd and blurred as if distorted by an unseen force.

It was almost a work of art. Who ever made this knew what they were doing. Evenstanding at the distance he was, he could feel the power exuded by the Jammer.

Dartman turned as Valkyrie came up beside him. "Thats it." he whispered. Suddenly his scanners flared to life "Whoa We've go incoming hostility" was all he could manage before the attack was on top of them.